Calendar update across VPN

Is it possible to update a calendar across a VPN connection. I tried using a
personal file folder, but outlook does not show the sharedoc folder to
import/export from and would need to be done manually. Also, this method
would not allow deletions, only changes. This is needed for a service dept to
schedule inspections for a tech at a seperate physical location. And,
finally, how do you set up 2 seperate calendars.
0
Richard853 (481)

Richard wrote:
> Is it possible to update a calendar across a VPN connection. I tried
> using a personal file folder, but outlook does not show the sharedoc
> folder to import/export from and would need to be done manually.
> Also, this method would not allow deletions, only changes. This is
> needed for a service dept to schedule inspections for a tech at a
> seperate physical location. And, finally, how do you set up 2
> seperate calendars.

Do you have an Exchange server? If so, this is easy. You can set up a public
folder - set permissions as you wish - and could even just have the remote
users connect to it using OWA.

0
lanwench (7567)

Pop Up Calendar Help
I am very new to Excel, working with 2003. I have followed the directions her http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.ht I think I am very close, but when I try to test the code I get run time erro Method'Value' of object 'Icalendar' failed When I select the debug it takes me t the line frm.Calendar.Sho Any help is greatly apprectiead Andrea Andrea, Did you rename the userform to frmCalendar? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrea" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Taste the critical update
--wgokmmyfk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="edqrslhojncgevgv"; type="multipart/alternative" --edqrslhojncgevgv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="chneqtexp" --chneqtexp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these...

Update Cell Value Based on different Cell
Hi, new to the forum but I've been reading it for a couple of days now. Looking forward to talking and learning with everyone. I think I a better than average with Excel but this problem is driving me nuts! have a list of lottery numbers listed by date drawn (see below fo example) on one worksheet. On another sheet I have a count of how man times a number has been drawn. I would like to add a column to show th last date a number was drawn and have it update automatically when I ad a new drawing. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to ge the date to update automaticall...

software update problem in $2007 H&B
I've installed Money 2007 H&B and my location is China.Then every time I launched the program,it says something like "To operate correctly,click 'ok' to let Money download the software update." But if I click 'OK',after it download autoupdate.dll(.cab) and autoupdate.xml,it alarms "A software update is already in progress.Please try again when the update is complete." How can I solve the problem ? By the way , can i download the software update manually? I'm having the same problem, and i cannot find the update on microsoft's website...

Task and Calendar links don't work in Outloof today
Just reinstalled Outlook 2000 after going back to internet mail only setup. I had trouble with the task and calendar buttons on my shortcut bar but I deleted them and then added them again and they work. But I cannot hit the task or calendar link in Outlook Today. It just sits there. I can however use the task shortcut button and add tasks which do appear on Outlook Today. I can also check them as done. Anyone have any ideas? ...

How do I copy my calendar from Exchange to another?
Hi, My department is becoming a company of its own so we're getting our own Exchange Server 2003. We're currently on our parent company's Exchange 2000 machine. Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my calendar to the new machine? Thanks, Sam "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in news:OqAjOpW2DHA.1740 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my > calendar to the new machine? One calendar? Export it to a pst file and import it into your new mailbox. Multiple calendars...

office 2004 update 11.5.1 Macintosh fails to find correct version
I'm running MacOS X 10.5.5 and have not previously had MS update problems. I am running a full legal copy of 2004 version 11.5.0 . When I tell one of the apps to check for updates it finds 11.5.1, and that downloads fine. But when it attempts to install it searches for some time and then says it can not find the correct version of Office to update. I've tried downloading it manually and running the updater by hand but that fails in exactly the same way. Manually running updaters for 11.5.0 or 11.5.2 result in exactly the same error, but 11.5.1 should work (since I'm o...

Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet
Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script, etc. Any solutions? There are simply too many charts to open and change fonts individually. -G The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active workbook: '======================= Sub ChangeLegendFont() Dim chObj As ChartObject Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ch As Chart Dim lFont As Long lFont = 6 'set the font size For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Works...

Update Outlook Profile Outgoing Mail Server Settings
I need to create a PRF file that is generated on the fly for my users to just update the outgoing mail server settings for already present profiles - is this possible? If so, is it possible to do this for all versions of Outlook (2000, XP, 2003, Express)? Does anyone have any hints on how to accomplish this? Thanks, Jason Not possible. A PRF file can add a new Internet account, but it cannot = modify or delete an account.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programmin...

Taste this correction update from the M$ Corporation
--mzszzijjcrpyg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="roksqlmvjctqrkh"; type="multipart/alternative" --roksqlmvjctqrkh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fcngbncdxbzcpbov" --fcngbncdxbzcpbov Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from ...

Calendar in Excel #2
Hi I recently saw a nice little macro in a spreadsheet that opened a Calendar on screen and by clicking on the calendar, entered a date in a cell. I would like to do this - I tried Sub OpenCalendar() frmCalendar.Show End Sub But this came up with Object error????? Any ideas on how to do this but keep it simple - my objective would be to attach this macro to a button on screen which I have no problem with once I get the right steps to show the Calendar. Thanks a million in advance.. Ann Hi Ann This is not easy; Excel does not contain a calendar. Access does however. Ron has a de...

Outlook Calendar help
Hello Outlook Folks, I use Outlook to keep reservations at a small motel. It's been working well for me for several years. I recently had a minor drive crash. The company the "repaired" it turned it into a major disaster. I have 2 drives, they formatted both drives for me. Now I have a few days work ahead of me to get back to where I was. Now, my question: I have pretty good backups on CD. Where does Outlook keep the calendar file? If I can pick & place this file I can get my reservations back and keep alot of people happy. Is this even possible? Any help is appreciate...

Share Calendar in Public Folder
Hi, I have 5 people sharing a calendar under public folder. They use it to make appoinments, is there a way for me to set a color font for each user? so that it's easier to distinguish which belongs to whom. For instance, can I set the font color of user1 to red, user2 to green, etc... Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ed You can change the labels for that. Edit-> Labels... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "ED" <anonymous...

autom update cells from Workbook1 to Workbook2
Hi, I have a workbook with 3 sheets Sheet one of that workbook has some cells with background color red I have a second workbook with 5 sheets sheet one of that workbook has some data in some of the cells Can I in some way automatically update WB2, Sheet 1 with the colors of WB1, Sheet 1 ? If in WB1, Sheet 1, some additional cells are colored red, can that be updated to WB2, Sheet 1 also ? thanks for your assistance !! ...

Headers on Calendars
I print several calendars every month, each with a different name. Having to manually change every header gets really old really quick. Is there a way to have the header print with the name of the calendar automatically, similar to the "&[tab]" command in Excel that allows the information printed to change depending on the name of the tab? I tried the logical "&[calendar]", but Outlook just looked at me like I was stupid. I'm using Outlook 2007. Thanks, paul No. If it’s a recurring thing and always one month, I'd make a recurring monthl...

Synchronise Calendar items across multiple domains
Can Canlendar items be synchronised across multiple domains in an MS Exchange forest? Thanks in advance ...

MONEY Plus Cannot update Charles Schwab Brokerage Transactions
Have not been able to update my Charles Schwab transactions for the last 12 hours. Spoke to MS Money support and to Schwab support. Tried some "fixes" but in the end, MONEY Plus still not completing the Schwab account transactions only. Anyone else experiencing this? In microsoft.public.money, Herb wrote: >Have not been able to update my Charles Schwab transactions for the last 12 >hours. Spoke to MS Money support and to Schwab support. Tried some "fixes" >but in the end, MONEY Plus still not completing the Schwab account >transactions only. >...

Updating tables 11-30-07
In the Northwind database how do I get the orders detail (Quantity) to update the products(units in stock) to reflect sales? Also, is there an easy way to add new stock? Many thanks in advance. ...

Updating multiple rows
Hello, I have a table like this in my db: id number amount X-0006 3 65 X-0054 2 678 X-0974 5 6345 X-0023 6 62 .... 15620 rows I'm trying to update multiple rows in this temptable using iif- statement: UPDATE temptable SET temptable.id = IIf(temptable.id="X-0006","E-155155", IIf(temptable.id="X-0010","E-161617", IIf(temptable.id="X-0011","E-161535", IIf(temptable.id="X-0015","E-156167", IIf(temptable.id="X-0016","...

How do I merge similar data across different excel worksheets?
If you have a unique key value that's on each sheet, you could use =vlookup() or =index(match()). You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html MK wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Look at this update from the M$
--zxyvspoofwltxalwa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gvmtdyxlcrzfmrqkd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gvmtdyxlcrzfmrqkd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bynamrfhsmvtj" --bynamrfhsmvtj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. ...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Re-occuring Appointments error
Hi I have a few users that have just started getting the following error pop up on their screen when they click on thei Calendar in Outlook 2000: Cannot find reoccurence data for reoccuring event. Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be? They have been using it fine for years and has only started to happen. Please help. ...

SBS2008 + KB967723 failing to install on Windows Update
SBS2008 + KB967723 failing to install on Windows Update - but appears to already be installed ? It reports failed even after downloading all other updates and trying multiple times following server retsarts. Though looking at the list of installed updates it seems to indicate that it was installed back on November 2009 ? Anyone ? Open up WSUS is it there? If it really shows up installed in control panel just deny it in WSUS and it will stop trying to install it Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Small Business Server/Computer Suppo...

Updating through subform not functioning properly or as desired
I have a problem with a subform not updating with table information after the initial input. First, let me present the setup of the main form creation. 1. I have created a main form (Employee Training) using two tab pages on the form. 2. The first tab (Employee Information) is used to collect data for the primary employee table. 3. The second tab (Job Competency) has an embedded subform to collect training that an employee has received and stores it in a Job Competency table. Here is the problem in the order experience. 1. Starting up the form and entering the employee information o...

Remove white border across the Tab control
I am implementing a tab sheet but I AM SEEING A WHITE BORDER around the whole tab control which looks quite odd. To remove the border I added the code in PreCreateWindow cs.style &= ~WS_BORDER; But this does not work.I also tried to override DrawItem but this does not work either. void CMainTabCtrl::DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) { char szTabText[100]; TC_ITEM tci; memset(szTabText, '\0', sizeof(szTabText)); tci.mask = TCIF_TEXT; tci.pszText = (LPWSTR)szTabText; tci.cchTextMax = sizeof(szTabText)-1; GetItem(lpDrawItemStruct->itemID, &...