Calendar Sharing #5

Outlook 2007. Windows vista.

Suddenly (past three days),  cannot update shared calendars through MS web
server. Keeps asking for password and nothing happens

Anyone having this trouble or know what's going on?

Thanks

Bill

The web service occasionally has issues - we usually recommend waiting a
couple of days and trying again.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007. Windows vista.
>
> Suddenly (past three days),  cannot update shared calendars through MS web
> server. Keeps asking for password and nothing happens
>
> Anyone having this trouble or know what's going on?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/16/2009 2:47:39 PM
Thanks Diane will do that
Bill

> The web service occasionally has issues - we usually recommend waiting a
> couple of days and trying again.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
>
> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message
>> Outlook 2007. Windows vista.
>>
>> Suddenly (past three days),  cannot update shared calendars through MS
>> web server. Keeps asking for password and nothing happens
>>
>> Anyone having this trouble or know what's going on?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bill

outlook express 5 problems
when I open my email I get this message internet explorer cannot open the internet site mhtml:mid://00000000/. the specifiedprotocol is unknown. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus nam...

Outlook 2000 SR1 slow with Exchange 5.5 -- Help?
Dear Group- I have a critical user (!) who has seen his Outlook 2000 (SR1) get appreciably 'laggy' in the past couple of months. Opening calendar items or emails takes a couple seconds. Server is Exch 5.5 SP4 with 1gb ram on a PIII 800, 10k RPM Raid5 array. Problem is local to his PC -- opening his account from another station is AOK. Ping times and file transfers from his PC to any network server is nominal for our switched 100mbit ethernet. This is the second occurrence. To clear it last time, I rebuilt his PC from bare metal. This fixed it for a couple months, but the lag ha...

Inserting Navigatable Calendars into Excel
Using Excel 2000 in a Windows 2000 O/S, is it possible to generate a calendar and be able to navigate from one month to the next using a drop-down selection list? Thank you. -- LPS LPS See Ron de Bruin's site for Calendar instructions. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:37:02 -0800, LPS <LPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Excel 2000 in a Windows 2000 O/S, is it possible to generate a calendar >and be able to navigate from one month to the next using a drop-down >selection list? > >Thank you. ...

Removing SRS when exchange 5.5 server no longer exists
I have inherited a nightmare of an exchange installation. Initially, the exchange 5.5 environment was upgraded to Exchange 2003. However, before the Exchange 5.5 server was successfully removed from Exchange, it was turned off and taken out of the network. As a result, previous administrators have attempted many different things to remove all references to this server from Exchange/AD. However, this first Exchange 2003 server is itself now to be decommissioned, but I can't uninstall exchange because it detects Site Replication services as being on this server "You can not unins...

GP 7.5 Service Pack 6
Has anyone installed Service Pack 6 for GP 7.5? If you have, what was your experience? It appears that this should be installed before the Year- End Tax updates. Also, it appears that it might do an update to the 1099 forms in Payables. I installed last weekend and everything appears to be okay. I too read that it had updates for 1099 reporting which is why I installed it. I was not having issues with the other fixes listed on the SP6 read me file. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone installed Service Pack 6 for GP 7.5? If you >have, what was your experience? > ...

Coexsistence GroupWise 6.5 and Windows 2003
I have done couple of these migrations from Groupwise 5x to windows 2000 or 2k3. Now I researching on a up and coming project to do migration from 6.5 to 2k3. There seems to be an issue GroupWise API is old technology and seems it is not supported. Let me rephrase that you cannot create it using ConsoleOne and maybe i can getway with using the older Snapins say from GW 5.5 for NWAdmin. I see the utility by Novell Gateway for Exchange, has anyone used that for migration? any issues ? do you recommend using that? Or I am wrong into thinking that is a solution? Is there something develo...

Please Help #5
I am using Outlook 2003 and I need to have a copy of my calendar on my desktop. Could someone please show me how to do this. When you say that you "need to have a copy of my calendar on my desktop", do you mean that you need have the data on your machine or that you want to see a graphical representation of the calendar as your desktop background? <babalink@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a7r9105i7h7g395ast409mji9ltpe87i97@4ax.com... >I am using Outlook 2003 and I need to have a copy of my calendar on my > desktop. Could someone please show me how to do this. ...

create a calendar #2
Thank you so much, JulieD ! I think it is a wonderful solution to m problem. I will email you directly also. Thank you very much again. Best regards, elenapili -- elenapili ----------------------------------------------------------------------- elenapilin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27225 Hi glad to assist. Hope you received the file i emailed. Cheers JulieD "elenapilin" <elenapilin.1eqmny@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:elenapilin....

v.X 10.1.5, Filevault, 10.3.3 = no good?
enabled filevault, and all office apps spit out an error: "An unexpected occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework X library". V.x 10.1.5, 12pb 1ghz, filevault on,10.3.3. anyone know a fix? In article <ebd69ebb.0404291817.41e30ce@posting.google.com>, ekoelbel@mac.com (Eric Koelbel) wrote: > enabled filevault, and all office apps spit out an error: > > "An unexpected occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework X > library". > > V.x 10.1.5, 12pb 1ghz, filevault on,10.3.3. > > anyone know a fix? I've never had ...

HowdoI replace contents of Outlook default calendar with a backup
On the first synchronization of a new Palm with Outlook, I did not see the "overwrite Outlook with Palm" default selection, so the Outlook calendar was set to 'blank.' I have a backup *.pst file with the correct calendar, but I think Palm only synchronizes with the default calendar. So... How do I get the contents of the correct calendar into the Outlook default. or what else can I try? Maidelman <Maidelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the first synchronization of a new Palm with Outlook, I did not > see the "overwrite Outlook with Palm&q...

put numbers back on a calendar template after removing shading?
O n the Event Schedule Planner template, when I remove shading from the calendar the numbers are removed also. It won't let me put them back. When I use "no fill" it removes the numbers too. Exactly what template are you using? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dfarnelli" <dfarnelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:162D36F1-E593-4EB2-B0A2-F769CBE0C1C0@microsoft.com... > O > n the Event Schedule Planner template, when I remove shading from the...

Deleted scheduled transfers still showing on bill calendar
I have Money 06 and use to have a scheduled transfer in the bills section. Recently, I deleted the scheduled transfer from the bill page. However, the future transactions will not delete from the bills calendar. Does anyone know how to delete these future transactions from the calendar. If it makes a difference, the account that is being transferred to was originally set up as an online account and was recently changed to an offline account. Thank you ...

Sharing question
I have a sheet that I would like multiple users to be able to use at the same time. However, I want them to be able to see changes that others are making as they are happening. Is this possible? Stephanie ...

Permissions Issues with Public Calendar
Most of the Items from our public calendar were accidently deleted. The missing were items restored by copying them from a .pst of that was extracted from one of our backups. Now, we are experiencing several problems with our public calendar... 1. Users cannot view items when they open the calendar, however if they go back one month and then forward to the current month, all items are viewable. 2. Users are not able to print any items from the calendar 3. Users are not able to edit or change entries that they originally made; however they are able to create new items. I'm assumin...

sync shared calendar with users calendars
i need some advice ive been asked to come up with a way to create a shared calendar on exchange2003 for my department. and sync it with there on mailboxs folder and then be able to sync it with our pda's someone on here sometime ago mention MasterCal...but it did not work nor was the instructions any good is there any advice on this "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote: >i need some advice > ive been asked to come up with a way to create a shared calendar on >exchange2003 for my department. and sync it with there on mailboxs folder >and then be able to...

Calendar sync with entourage
Microsoft Entourage (Microsofts Exchange for Mac) caused a sync issue this AM and removed nearly every appointment from my iCal.I have disabled Entourage's sync feature and was able to restore my iCal to operating condition. Exchange server is 2003sp2 Upon an attempt to reconnect iCal to Entourage, Entourage/Exchange stated putting double of every appointment in both places.Yes, I did a "replace" not a synchronize. I told iCal (master) to overwrite my Entourage (slave) which in turn updates my Exchange calendar.There is no reason to me that it should make doubles ...

Calendar On Web
Outlook 2003 Publishing the Calendar saved webpage files on the web, all is fine. But in the frame on the right hand side of the webpage, the appointment details from the body of the appointment do not show up. Right clicking the entry in the calendar frame and "open in new window" shows the appointment details fine. Any ideas on how to rectify this so that the details appear in the right hand frame automatically? ...

brick level restore problem on exhcange 5.5 mailbox
hi we performed a brick level restore on a users mailbox after they accidentally deleted all thier mail, this may not have been the best idea. although it looked to have worked ok, we now have a problem on the users inbox. whenever they mark a message either read or unread there is a very long delay, once they are set as read then they open up fine and everything else is ok. this happens on any pc and only on the inbox (so far), any public folders are fine and large files or attachments are fine, only when changing the read status does this occur. we are running exhcange 5.5 on ...

Buying a mutual fund with a 5.75% front end load.
Nothing I'm doing seems to be giving me sensible answers. I assumed I'd take the purchase price time 5.75% and put that in commission. Or, do I jack up the purchase price by 5.75% and then take that amount back out in commission? Thanks in advance, Harold Morgan In microsoft.public.money, Harold Morgan wrote: >Nothing I'm doing seems to be giving me sensible answers. I assumed I'd take >the purchase price time 5.75% and put that in commission. Or, do I jack up >the purchase price by 5.75% and then take that amount back out in >commission? I would enter the numb...

email, calendar events
computer recently crashed. Tried to install old drive into new computer but cannot get old emails and calendar events to come up. Please help What version of Outlook and do you find any .pst files on the old drive? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, amonaco asked: | computer recently crashed. Tried to install old drive | into new computer but cannot get...

Program find a 5 minute gap
Excel 2007 [Square Brackets] used to represent a Cell. They do not exist in the data of the cell. I have a column spreadsheet that has 15K records. IN column "G" all records have a date/tame like [2008-12-03 09:54:08.100]. What I need to do is search through that column to the end of the file and find any gaps that may be 5 minutes or longer and highlight that row. So the above, I need to search 09:54 and see if the next row has 09:59 or greater. If so highlight the row, if not move down one row and do the same check. I'm looking to see if the row below is equal to ...

Setting up out of office reply on exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. Thank you Leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with > internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. I'm confused - where does POP...

I have 5 DLLs that export...
a series of functions for use by each other and applications that make use of them. Something weird is happening in my test application which makes use of these DLLs. I have an app named MFCTest.exe which links to 3 libs for 3 of the DLLs. The long standing version of this test app (which I've used to test DLL functionality for the past 2 years) makes calls directly into all 3 of these DLLs to use different functions. Just today, I've added a new feature to DLL one (let's call it) which requires it to call a function on DLL 2. Now, it has never needed to call DLL2 before, but ...

How to share Access Database in local area network
Dear Sir, I created a DB using Access 2003 and still working on it. how can i use my DB by many users in the same time with out locking the Database. when i did before, an error message appears every time from the other comuter showing that can not creat lock file!! could you please show me the appropiate way of sharing the DB file? Each user requires at least Read, Write and eXecute permission on the folder where the MDB (or MDE) file is located. (Delete is usually recommended as well, but isn't 100% necessary: not having it will mean that the location file--the .LDB file--will no...

Calculations #5
hi all, i was wondering if anybody would know how to re-create the calculation done at this web site: http://www.americancentury.com/workshop/Retirement_calc.jsp I'm not sure what formulas to use to re-create the calculations. I'd like to know the formulas I can use in Excel to perform th calculations done in both sections of the webpage. Would all formulas be exclusive to the PV function only? Can anybody help? I would appreciate it if someone could lead me in the right direction Thanks -- vbc2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vbc22'...