cached email addresses #2

Apparently, Outlook uses some sort of caching scheme when entering email
addresses in the To and Cc fields.  This causes problems when the contacts
folder is updated with new email addresses.  Outlook ignores the correct
entries in the contact folder and uses stale entries in the cache.  It is
extremely annoying when I know the email address and it won't let me enter
it, but keeps insisting on using an old incorrect email address.

How does this email address cache work?  Is there a way to clear the cache?
Is there a way to turn off this caching scheme and force Outlook to use
entries in my contacts folder instead?

I am using Outlook 2003.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best,
Christopher

0
cdg1 (5)

de daaaah :

http://www.neutron.anl.gov/pipermail/ipnsstaff/2003-February/000035.html

"Christopher Glaeser" <cdg@nullstone.com> wrote in message
> Apparently, Outlook uses some sort of caching scheme when entering email
> addresses in the To and Cc fields.  This causes problems when the contacts
> folder is updated with new email addresses.  Outlook ignores the correct
> entries in the contact folder and uses stale entries in the cache.  It is
> extremely annoying when I know the email address and it won't let me enter
> it, but keeps insisting on using an old incorrect email address.
>
> How does this email address cache work?  Is there a way to clear the
cache?
> Is there a way to turn off this caching scheme and force Outlook to use
> entries in my contacts folder instead?
>
> I am using Outlook 2003.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> Best,
> Christopher

0
neil3802 (91)
12/30/2003 10:15:09 PM
To delete a single item when it comes up, down arrow to it and press delete.
To delete all cached addresses, rename or move your .NK2 files

--
~jason k

"Christopher Glaeser" <cdg@nullstone.com> wrote in message
> Apparently, Outlook uses some sort of caching scheme when entering email
> addresses in the To and Cc fields.  This causes problems when the contacts
> folder is updated with new email addresses.  Outlook ignores the correct
> entries in the contact folder and uses stale entries in the cache.  It is
> extremely annoying when I know the email address and it won't let me enter
> it, but keeps insisting on using an old incorrect email address.
>
> How does this email address cache work?  Is there a way to clear the
cache?
> Is there a way to turn off this caching scheme and force Outlook to use
> entries in my contacts folder instead?
>
> I am using Outlook 2003.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> Best,
> Christopher

0
v-hpjkr (14)
12/31/2003 3:31:02 AM
> To delete a single item when it comes up, down arrow to it and press
delete.
> To delete all cached addresses, rename or move your .NK2 files

Many thanks!

Best,
Christopher

0
cdg1 (5)

default browser #2
I receive email like the Boston Globe headlines. When I click on a link to read a story, it opens Netscape browser, but it can't connect to the internet. I have to paste the link (if there is one) into IE to read the article. How do I make IE my default browser to open and read links from email? Thank you, Tom ...

CRM 1.2 on SBS2003 install (web Server)
We have built a new SBS 2003 server and followed the CRM instructions verbatim. We got as far as the system successfully installing CRM. Our only question during the process was on selecting the Security Account. We used the default of Local System. After adding CRM accounts to the Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Group, we then changed the Crystal Admin password. No problem. This is where it goes sour..... We tried to install the email router. We get an error: "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have Administrator privileges on that ...

Quarantine email based on attachment file types
Sorry, slightly off Exchange topic but I'm posting it here because you're all email experts. I'm sure some of you know the answer so here it goes: We're using Symantec product for SMTP gateway to filter mail from spam and viruses. This product lacks some features that we need such as: - Quarantine all mail based on (user specified) attachment file types (such as: exe, com, vbs, scr etc) so we can manually inspect them, scan/clean/deliver or permanently drop them if they're no good. - Being able to distinguish between INcoming and OUTgoing mail. Symantec can't tell th...

Global address list #24
I created a few contact in active directory, and then deleted them. they are still listed in the Global address list. I have created another contact and it is not listed in the Global address list, only in the "all addresses lists >all contacts" how would i clean this up? Hi, try to recreate the GAL with ESM and download the Adress Book via Outlook Send/Receive. In my cases i often had success. best regards Oliver Kieselbach (MCSE) "John" wrote: > I created a few contact in active directory, and then deleted them. they are > still listed in the Global add...

Toggle Button Help 2
How do I configure a toggle button to toggle a cell between 2 differen colors (in this case from blue to white and back)? I only have half o the formula but don't know how to assign the other half of the toggl to change the cell back to white. Here's my formula: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() Range("D20").Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 8 .Pattern = xlSolid End With End Sub How do I add the rest? Thanks.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Josiah, Answer Toggle question #2, you can assign the function: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() I...

sending email #16
Hi, Since i installed IE7 I have been having trouble with sending emails. I use outlook from office 2003. Receiving is OK and I can create the message OK but it just sits in the outbox and does not respond to the send command. Help please. ErnieH ...

create address list
I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I also want to be able to pick multiple addresses’s and print labels. Contacts in Outlook supports that. claudia wrote: > I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I= also=20 > want to be able to pick multiple addresses=E2=80=99s and print labels. = =20 I tried outlook and this doesn’t meet my needs. The address and phone list is for my personal use. I previously used Works Word and created a list I printed to look up my family and friends phone numbers and addresse...

How to send .mht file in email without image attachments?
In Publisher, I can create a document, save it as an .mht file and paste it in an email message so when a person pulls up their email, it will appear on their screen. The problem is, for every image, it attaches an image file at the top under attachments. How can I accomplish the above without it attaching images? Thanks SO much in advance for any helpful information. Are you are using Outlook/Outlook Express? If so, have you tried sending the Pub document in the body of the email and skip the .mht step. Please keep in mind that if someone has their system set to read as plain text, ...

Counting empty cells within a range of cells #2
A sheet can have a variable range of adjacent cells each containing the value =1 The range defines the perimeter of, or surrounds a group of empty cells however outside the perimeter, the remaining cells on the sheet are empty as well. The task is to count the empty cells that are surrounded by the perimeter of 1�s: To do this manually, I use the @countif (range=0) function however it requires that I go into the worksheet and select the range manually. I would like to do this by formula or macro. The knowns are: 1) The location of the start/end cell of the range 2) That the next cell in ...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

Can i apply 2 mailbox manager policies to the same mailstore ?
I have been reading up alot on this issue, and the only information i have been able to find is that you cant run more then 1 exchange recipient policy against the same user. My issue - I want to have a seperate mailbox manager policy run against each of my 4 mailstores to do a cleanup of inbox and sent / draft items. this policy moves the mail items into the deleted items folder for each mailstore. On top of this policy i want to have a policy that will delete all mail items older then 60 or 90 days depending on the mailstore from the deleted items, and delete them permanently. How ca...

Printing one pg item (visio), only prints 2nd 1/2 of page. Help?
I have a one page flowchart in Visio 2003. It fits an 8 1/2 x 11 page on print preview screen. When printed, only get 2nd half of the flowchart on the page, as though it only started printing from that point. All settings seem normal, am able to print normally in Word. Opened other visio flowcharts that had printed normally 30 minutes ago, and now only getting 2nd half of page. There were some printing issus with Visio 2003. Have applied the latest patch to Visio 2003 and are you using the latest printer drivers? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

IE8 address box steals focus from search box
Hi Running latest IE8 I keep finding that when I start IE8, type an expression in the search box in the top right corner, the address box steals focus So if I type "SQL Server 2008 Client installation", the letters "SQL S" are in the search box and the rest of the letters "erver 2008 Client installation" are now in the address box. This is deeply annoying. Anyone seen this and know how it can be fixed? It only seems to do this at IE8 startup or new tab startup. After that, all words are in the search box and the address box dioes not steal focus....

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Exchange 2000 - Additional Server
Hi We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2 subnets. On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000, which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000. We have approx 25 users at each site. I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc. We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server they use. I am thinking maybe we coul...

Adding Outlook Address Book for Outlook '97
I'm running Outlook '97 and Windows '98. I had to reformat the hard drive so I had to reinstall Windows Messaging from the Old '95 folder of the Windows '98 disk. Question1: Why are there two versions of Messaging? one folder labelled "intl" and one labelled "us". Which one should I have used? I can't remember which one I used but now i don't have the option to add service "outlook address book", nor can I make contacts an email address book. Preformatting the hard drive I could and it was very useful. What can I do? Which version of ...

Sum Formula #2
I have two spreadsheets in a workbook. One has forecasts by week and the other is used for planning purposes. I need to put sum formula in my planning sheet to add up the forecasts for a set period of time. The number of weeks to sum would vary by line (I have over 500 lines in my spreadsheet so don't want to have to do this manually. e.g If I need to sum 6 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:J6) If I need to sum 8 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:L6) If I need to sum 9 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:M6) TIA Rob With the number of weeks in cell B4 -- =SUM(OFFSET(Forecasts!E6...

IIS & Exchange: 2 x SMTP server?
Hi, We have IIS and Exchange running on IIS. The server was accepting incoming SMTP but the message were not stored in Exchange, also some configured domains were not accepted. In IIS and Exchange there is a configuration for SMTP and we suspected that the IIS SMTP got the incoming calls and handled it. We changed the port number of SMTP in Exchange to 8025 and as we thought a telnet session to 25 accepted mails (but not stored in Exchange), when connected to port 8025 mail was stored exchange and other domains were accepted. We tried to stop the smtp server in IIS but at every restart the...

help with 2 xl sheets...
I need help with 2 worksheets. first sheet is a time schedule sheet. I need to count the total number of shifts entered in a week The sheet is set up so columns are days of weeks, each person has 2 rows, top row is the start time bottom row is end time, time is entered is in 24Hr format and shifts start at various times of days. Second I have a row of numbers 1 to 20 that is averaged in row 21 in column A. Row 1 has the most current figure, row 20 is oldest, Can I set it up so I can enter the most current number in row 1 column A and all the existing figures automatically bump down 1 row? ...

How do I create an email template?
Running Office 2007 Professional. I think that's what you would call it. I am looking for work and have a Word file that I use as a cover letter. Right now I have to open Word and copy and paste into the email. So what I would like is to open in Outlook an email to send that already has that Word doc in it and then I would just do a little editing and send it off. It would be really cool if I could create an icon for it and put it in the toolbar. I hope I have been clear with my needs and thanks for your time if you have a solution. They tell you how here: http://office.m...

How to automatically send a CC: email
Hi, Is it possible to configure Exchage server 2003 to automatically send a CC: copy to a mail recipient everytime an email is sent from someones mailbox? In other words, the manager would like to receive a copy of all emails sent by one of his employees. I know this can be done through rules in outlook, but I wish to perform this function from exchage for a group of users. Thanks in Advance ...

Outlook Shutdown #2
I am able to send/receive emails thru Outlook 2003. However, the program will not completely shutdown (the icon remains in the lower right)and I have to use the task manager to complete the shutdown. Then, when I restart outlook, I receive the message to start in "safe mode". What could be keeping outlook from completely shutting down? (OS=XP prof, 56K modem shared on a home nw) Thanks, Tracy ...

ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? #2
I need to fine out how to save a hml workbook onto my website do I need to use ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? Kosta ...