C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\outlook.pst not found

When I try to open outlook, I get the following error
message.  "The file C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\outlook.pst could
not be found."

If I click okay, outlook opens but it asks me if I want to
open my default system folder instead of my inbox, which
doesn't have any relation to my profile.

I have reinstalled outlook but it hasn't solved the
problem.  HELP!

FYI, I am a new user of this particular computer because I
just started working at a new office, so I don't know the
history of the program on this computer.

0
erica1 (2)

So, you're saying cannot find a .pst file that was saved on your Windows
desktop.  I doubt that's where it used to be so it cannot find a file
that doesn't exist.  It should offer to let you browse to the .pst file.
Use the Find/Search to locate your .pst file, then browse to it and
open, then Outlook will use that .pst file.

*** Post replies to newsgroup.  E-mail is not accepted. ***

"egf56" <erica@robertcouturier.com> wrote in message
> When I try to open outlook, I get the following error
> message.  "The file C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\outlook.pst could
> not be found."
>
> If I click okay, outlook opens but it asks me if I want to
> open my default system folder instead of my inbox, which
> doesn't have any relation to my profile.
>
> I have reinstalled outlook but it hasn't solved the
> problem.  HELP!
>
> FYI, I am a new user of this particular computer because I
> just started working at a new office, so I don't know the
> history of the program on this computer.

0
no-email5651 (165)
10/30/2003 5:59:58 PM
I can't find ANY .pst files on my C: drive.  Is there a
way to create a new one for it to use?

__
>*** Post replies to newsgroup.  E-mail is not accepted.
***
__

>"egf56" <erica@robertcouturier.com> wrote in message
>> When I try to open outlook, I get the following error
>> message.  "The file C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\outlook.pst could
>> not be found."
>>
>> If I click okay, outlook opens but it asks me if I want
>> open my default system folder instead of my inbox, which
>> doesn't have any relation to my profile.
>>
>> I have reinstalled outlook but it hasn't solved the
>> problem.  HELP!
>>
>> FYI, I am a new user of this particular computer
because I
>> just started working at a new office, so I don't know
the
>> history of the program on this computer.
>>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/30/2003 6:08:56 PM
Have you yet defined any e-mail accounts within Outlook?  I believe that
it doesn't bother creating a .pst file until one is needed.

How are you opening Outlook?  With a shortcut?  If with a shortcut, take
a look at the properties of that shortcut to ensure a parameter wasn't
specified to open a specified .pst file.

What happens if you load Outlook in safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe")
which doesn't load any add-ins?  If the problem went away, check what
add-ins you have installed in Outlook (tools -> options -> other ->
advanced).

> I can't find ANY .pst files on my C: drive.  Is there a
> way to create a new one for it to use?

0
no-email5651 (165)
10/30/2003 10:27:13 PM
If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, any .PST files will be hidden -- search
in hidden and system folders to find them.  If you still can't find any,
post back with your Outlook version.  If you're using Outlook 98 or 2000,
we'll also need you to tell us what it says on the second line of Help |
About Microsoft Outlook.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:00a801c39f10$e255e900$a401280a@phx.gbl,

> I can't find ANY .pst files on my C: drive.  Is there a
> way to create a new one for it to use?

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

C-RunTime or Win32
This is a big question I always get in my mind, that Should I use C-Run Time Library functions or Win32 Functions? e.g. A simple task, open a file, if exist, open for read or open as append for write, what is its path, directory, extension, file attributes, etc. Now, all these taks, we need in our every projects, and hence I hace this question, that CRTL or Win32. Thanks for your vital views. Tom Alter wrote: > This is a big question I always get in my mind, that Should I use C-Run Time Library > functions or Win32 Functions? > e.g. A simple task, open a file, if exist, open for r...

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?