Business manager

What is business manager component doing for Outlook?

Thanks,

Ray

Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words
business and manager.  The newest is the Business Contact Manager for
Outlook 2003.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Ray" <NoSpan-lizhiqiang1@GMail.com> wrote in message
> What is business manager component doing for Outlook?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

0
msnews1660 (730)

Short Pay Management
Does anyone know of a third-party solution for managing customer short pays for Microsoft GP? We're also looking for an overall collections management solution. -- Thanks! Kristin S Kristin, Have you looked at the Collections Management module from GP? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Kristin S" <KristinS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A24329F5-D4DA-474E-8069-774566C830AB@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a third-party solution for managing customer short > pays > for Microsoft GP? We're also looki...

Business alert for aging invoice
I want to set up a business alert that sends and email to our manager when a customer invoice reaches 60 days. If possible I would like to base the "TO" on what class the customer is in. this is my first time using business alerts. I have the mail client set up - now I need help with the formula ...

missing Business Contact Manager
My Office Professional Edition 2003 arrived from Microsoft. I installed the complete program. The Business Contact Manager menu does not appear. I thought that the Outlook 2003 in the Professional Edition has Business Contact Manager. Is it not supposed to? shlomoved@yahoo.com If you have Exchange service in your profile, the BCM will be unavailable. If you do not, did you install Outlook first and then the BCM from disk 2? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Ron <an...

Error opening Public Folders in System Manager ESM 501 ExAdmin
Hello everybody, I am running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server. The installation is 3 days old. Most things seem to be working fine (Outlook access, OWA, Send/Receive Emails). The problem is here: - I open Exchange System Manager (ESM). - I click the [+] next to "Folders" to expand !- When I click on "Public Folders" I get any of the following error: *******90% I get this error******* The operation failed because of an HTTP error 501 (Not implemented). Verify that the ExAdmin virtual root exists on the destination server. ...

Still can't use business portal
ActiveX doesn't work in Mozilla? Why isn't your product cross browser compliant? Does Great Plains not care about customer choice? I happen to know that your product CAN be equally functional by sticking to industry standards. Why is it that Microsoft insists on making their product not work for people using alternate browsers? Especially when considering all the critical exploits that IE has had in the last year hat allow people root access to the system, I would think that Microsoft would want to protect their customers by being as standards compliant as they could. Good luc...

Active-sync duplication in Biz Contact Manager
Hi, After synching my outlook database (calender, contacts etc) using Active sync 3.7 (for HP ipaq), I discovered the all my business contact histories has been individually replaced w/ the contents of my inbox. Nothing else in the business contacts is being synched only my regular outlook contacts. I'm using XP and Outlook 2003. Any thoughts/ideas greatly appreciated. thanks, Dave Try clearing the forms cache. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing the cache doesn't fix the issue, try th...

Integration Manager error: unknown Great Plains field subtype '243
When a user with class 'ARSupvisor' tried to upload invoices to GP, an error message show up as in the title. We have to set to 'Accounting Mgr' to have the upload done successfully. Can someone tell why it is like this? What can we change to make a 'ARSupvisor' be able to upload? (access right, etc) Thanks in advance! Kevin I have not tried this in version 10 yet, but I know in previous versions of GP, a user had to have access to the SOP Setup screen to be able to import SOP invoices using Integration Manager. Hope that helps. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP...

A Free Business Directory with Trading Platform. Add your Company
A Free Business Directory with Trading Platform. Add your Company Complete Profile, Add your Product/Service with keywords. Visit http://addhand.com , Register and trade with world for FREE. Regards John Moore This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AC_01CAD1D0.78CC2D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please don't advertise in these newsgroups. Mike Glen Project MVP "Web" <web2market@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:a0450e49-8006-4bf6-b2d2-81b16b0...

Erro while importing SOP documents using Integration Manager
I've been using Integration Manager to import sales transactions into GP. The procedures and integration has been the same for several years now. Just this morning I started getting the following error message for some of the documents: DOC 2 WARNING: 'Override Shortage' option was selected for quantity shortage on Line 1 for item 666999258259 The integration completes however the system will not allow me to post the batch. I checked a few items associated with the error and there is no quantities on hand however that has not caused a problem in the past. Thanks for you...

public free/busy.. after Migration
After i migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 .....I get this on a few clients... Unable to update public free/busy date. The contents of this public folder are currenlty unavailable. Either the MS Exchange server computer servicing this public folers is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site. Any ideas.. Did you replicate the free/busy system folder between the servers? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:155794FD-0EF8...

Customer Names and Adresses in Microsoft Money 2005 Small Business
I have about 70 customers with names and adresses in my Microsoft Money 2005 Small Business program. How do I print out a list of the names and adresses of the customers? It should be easy but is not obvious. Good question. It does not seem to be possible in money 2000 for either. "Dennis_H" wrote: > I have about 70 customers with names and adresses in my Microsoft Money 2005 > Small Business program. How do I print out a list of the names and adresses > of the customers? It should be easy but is not obvious. Okay...I am going to answer my own post because I figured...

Free/Busy Info and OWA 2003 Issue.
Greetings! We are running Exchange 2003 Front-End, Back-End and Exchange 5.5 in a mixed mode. Exchange 5.5 does not host any mailboxes or public folders. They all were migrated to the Exch 2003 Back-End server .We are getting an issue where clients using OWA 2003 are not able to see the Free/Busy information for the other users when scheduling a meeting,however it works just fine with the old OWA 5.5 . This works also if people are using full Outlook client 2000,2003,XP - no problems with the Free/Busy time at all. Thanks in advance! Did you create a replica of the Free/Busy folde...

CRM to Outlook Contact Management
When viewing our contacts in Outlook all active as well as inactive contacts are imported. Is anyone else having this issue and what might the fix be to import only active contacts into Outlook from CRM? I would check the Local Data Group setting: 1. CRM Outlook Client CRM Menu >> Modify Local Data Group 2. Review the current rule(s) that are in place and modify so that it select Contact with Status = Active Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "GaryG" wrote: > When viewing our contacts in Out...

Business Days in Chart
I have a chart with days in the x-axis. My source data only has business days, but they show up on the chart with 0 data. How can I remove those days from the chart? Hi, Right click the chart and pick Chart Options. On the axis tab set the X axis to be Category rather than Automatic or time. Cheers Andy Terence wrote: > I have a chart with days in the x-axis. My source data only has business > days, but they show up on the chart with 0 data. How can I remove those days > from the chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Upgrade 5.5 to 2k3 but cannot use free-busy on new server
Hi, Dose anyone know hot to fix problem with free/busy scheduler. We are running Exchange 5.5 just because the free/busy have not replicated to the new server. Our replication dose not work anymore. Can't access public or system folders in Exch2k3 from Exchange Manager sw. Once Exch.5.5 is switched off we don't have scheduler information in Outlook, otherwise everything seams to work. Many thanks for your help. Anna Did you setup the system folder replication using the 2003 Exchange System Manager tool? ...

Creating a good database in Access 2003 for a business...
Hello all! I am thinking of creating a database in Access 2003 for a restaurant. I need it to be able to handle constant use every day and night to record all orders and bookings (10 or so tables). There should not be masses of data involved. Security (from unauthorised access) is not such an issue with this data (it will be backed up every night). The laptop it will be running on will not be connected to the internet or used for many other purposes. All I need is for Access to do this without crashing or slowing down (after extensive testing of my created UI and data structure of course). I...

Business Contact Manager import error
Hi All. I'm using the new Data Migration Pack for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. to import data from Microsoft Business Contact Manager into a new, clean, CRM 3.0 system. The import is failing, and I don't know why. I get as far as Map Users > Map Territories > Mapping Summary. When I click 'Configure' the migration stops with an unexpected error. I've included an extract of the activity log below, which shows more details. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! R 28/03/2006 11:38:11------>Next Screen Request: From ConfigurationSummary screen...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #4
It there anyway to get the outlook business contact manager information to sync with pocket pc 2003 outlook Try asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync as the folks who hang out there have all kinds of good links to third party programs. Outlook itself cannot do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Glen asked: | It there anyway to get the outlook business contact | ma...

Antigen Sapm Manager uninstall problem
I have installed Antigen Sapm Manager trial version. When I tried to uninstall the software I had problem with Exchange. Infact the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service failed to start. I notice that the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\VirusScan is created. If I canc this key or if I set enabled = 0 the service start. If I reboot the server the service doesn't start. What can I do? Thaks ...

Old Free/Busy No Information
Exchange 2003 SP2 Native Not sure why users seem that this is so important. But they've noticed just recently the can't view Old Free/Busy. Previous to June 1. If I rebuild Free/Busy with the Outlook startup switch, I suspect Old Free/Busy would not be available either. I'll test in the Lab. If I open a meeting dated May 31, with about 10 attendees, 8 will have No information available. Anyone ever see Old Free/Busy as not being available? Like only 1 week old? and from many different Outlook clients. same here.. stops at June 1 "Del" <del@nospam.hell>...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Data Migration Manager
Hi i get the error "The Path is not of legal form" argument" when trying to install the data migration manager for crm 4.0 on a server. Doing some research reveals it is a visual basic bug but I am not sure how I can go about resolving the issue so i can install the data migration manager on our server. I would really appreciate some suggestions and help.. Cheers Snow White got the same problem. I had that on several servers, where I tried to install the DMM. I didn't find a solution! Help would be appreciated.... "Snow White" wrote: > Hi > > i ...

Re Business Contact Manager
I have Office 2003 Professional edition, but cant seem to find the Business Contact Manager software, does anyone no where it is located on the disk? it's on a separate disk. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Tombs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c8701c40073$e15f6160$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have Office 2003 Professiona...

Retail & Wholesale Tile Business
Does anyone have an installation in the Tile industry using RMS. I have some industry specific questions. Hi, We have a client in the Kitchen & Bath inductry. Do email me your question and I will try to answer. Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc mihirs@diviasoft.com www.diviasoft.com "drwalkertx" <drwalkertx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C392569-DF51-4A35-BD5E-14B72FE2D96A@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have an installation in the Tile industry using RMS. I have some > industry specific questions. ...

Howto Change name of business unit?
Hi everyone, i made a mistake and i need to change the name of a business unit but it is grey out and i can only change the division, am i stuck with this? thanks Hello Brisbane, As far as I know, you're out of luck: business units cannot be deleted or renamed. You'll have to disable the existing one and re-start with a new one that is spelled correctly. Regards, Mav. "jjbrisbane" wrote: > Hi everyone, i made a mistake and i need to change the name of a business > unit but it is grey out and i can only change the division, am i stuck with > this? > t...