Business Fax Problem

When I try to send out a mass e-mail to my suppliers, I get their business
fax in my contact list.  Is there any way to deactivate this. Thanks for any
help.

0
compcoff (64)

Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When I try to send out a mass e-mail to my suppliers, I get their
> business fax in my contact list.  Is there any way to deactivate
> this.

Since Fax numbers are valid electronic addresses, Outlook presents them to
you.  To prevent that, you must change them so that Outlook doesn't
recognize them as valid.  Put a string (like "F" or "FAX") in front of the
number.  Alternatively, you can put the FAX number in another field that
isn't an address field, or buy a third-party tool to prevent the
presentation.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/7/2004 5:34:46 PM
Sure. Don't include their fax numbers in the Distribution List.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I try to send out a mass e-mail to my suppliers, I get their business
> fax in my contact list.  Is there any way to deactivate this. Thanks for
any
> help.

0
russval (3097)