Business FAX display in Address Book

How do I prevent the business fax for a contact from displaying in my
address book? I get two entries for each contact.  Outlook 2003.

JJ

0
julie_j30 (9)

In news:1136473708.958787.23230@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
Julie_J <julie_j30@hotmail.com> typed:
> How do I prevent the business fax for a contact from displaying in my
> address book? I get two entries for each contact.  Outlook 2003.
>
> JJ

See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm

0
lanwench (7567)
1/5/2006 4:12:26 PM
Julie_J, you  wrote on 5 Jan 2006 07:08:29 -0800:

> How do I prevent the business fax for a contact from displaying in my
> address book? I get two entries for each contact.  Outlook 2003.

To get rid of the fax entry in your adress-book, you have to put the fax
number in an other field of your contact formular or set "fax:" (or an
other word) as prefix, e. g. fax:0074-12345. Besides, there is no other
way. If you have hundres or thousands contacts you might use [2] to set
the prefix; in this case it would be to time-consuming to do it
manually.

[1]
http://www.websetters.co.uk/WSAddIns/Fax%20Display%20Manager/index.htm

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

--
Ricardo Silva [Outlook MVP]
Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c)

View Case once after Published, then Page Cannot Be Displayed
Hey all, I wanted to change the "Problem Resolved" message for closing a case to "Completed/Resolved". I did so, and then I published the changes. I opened a case, went to resolve it, and right after that it came up with "The page cannot be displayed." I went to change the message back to "Problem Resolved," published the changes, and viewed a case without a problem. I went to view a second case, however, and was greeted again by "The page cannot be displayed." I can now view a case exactly one time after every time I publish Cases, and after...

aol addresses #2
I want to import the aol address file into outlook, as I have begun to use outlook instead of aol as my default mail service. Any procedure for doing so avaialble? ...

sub-eamil addresses
My email address has been compromised. I need to create sub-email addresses then use one for the default address. Help. I'm using Outlook. "Missing Outlook file" <MissingOutlookfile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC2E85D0-9F35-48AB-B444-5028A994263C@microsoft.com... > My email address has been compromised. I need to create sub-email > addresses > then use one for the default address. Help. I'm using Outlook. Then you do this through your Email provider, not Outlook. Missing Outlook file wrote: > My email address h...

How can I attach to my windows address book?
I passed over the offer to transfer my address book from Outlook express accidentally. Is there a way I can go back and somehow attach it? Or do I have to build it entirely from scratch? Thanks for your help! On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:12:01 -1000, cheergrandma <cheergrandma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I passed over the offer to transfer my address book from Outlook express > accidentally. Is there a way I can go back and somehow attach it? Or do > I > have to build it entirely from scratch? Thanks for your help! Check File | Import and Export in Outloo...

When selecting the receipient for an email from the account form all CRM contacts are displayed
Question: i'm within the account screen and select to send an email to this account. By default, the account (and the default contact) is entered in the receipient field. In this case, the customer wants to select a different contact (from this account) for this email. When I select the option to select the receipient, and choose to selection option 'contacts' the complete list with all contacts of my CRM database is displayed in the selection box! Sounds like an bug..i would only like to see the contacts of this account! Is there a simple solution for this bug? Thanks, Sjourd (s...

Displaying text in vertical
Hi I am using Microsoft Excel 2003. I need to write the text in cell Vertically i.e. the characters of word below to each other. Is it possible or not? Only way I know is to write the text as normal, then format the cell to wrap the text and then narrow the cell to the width of one character. Hope this is sufficiebt. Roger "Hem" wrote: > Hi > > I am using Microsoft Excel 2003. > > I need to write the text in cell Vertically i.e. the characters of word > below to each other. > > Is it possible or not? You can use a text box, created by clicking t...

Help with displaying formulas in charts
I am looking for a way to display zero values in my charts as gaps. Right now I there is a big slant in my chart that I am trying to get rid of. The range I am using has formular in them, so even when the cells evaluate to blanks, they are displayed as zeros on the chart. Any help will be greatly apprecaited. Thanks Two possibilities I can think of" 1) Add an IF statement, to your formula, in order to present N/A instead of 0 [ use the function NA() ] Something like that: =IF(A1*B1=0,NA(),A1*B1) -------------------------------------- 2) Hide all the rows where the cell...

Edit the messages displayed for a custom entity
I've looked all over the CRM groups for any reference to this, but apparently nobody has attempted this yet (or I'm an idiot for not figuring it out on my own). On the standard entities, you can go in and edit the messages displayed on all of the menus for that entity. However, this option does not appear for custom entities. Does this mean I cannot edit the menu text for anything that I create custom? I haven't yet looked into trying to hack the XML... I just want to change "Deactivate <entity>" to "Close <entity>". ...

Exchange 5.5 and Fax
Outlook 2000 with Exch5.5 server. When I send a fax by selecting contact's Business Fax number in the TO field, I get the following bounce message: ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 5/17/05 2:42 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Jane Doe (Business Fax)' on 5/17/05 2:42 PM No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Displaying info from multiple records in a report
I have a query that, as an example, returns records containing Employee Name, Employee #, Employee Team, & Employee Address. My report displays up to three records per page, one under the next. The number of records per page depends on the Employee Team field which can be the same for multiple employees One, how do I display multiple records per page and two, how do I do that based on Employee Team? Kinda new to Access and any help is appreciated. I don't understand what you want. You stated: "My report displays up to three records per page" Then you lat...

Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business--crashes on startup of comput
My boss has a copy of Money Plus Home & Business that will not open. When we try, it gets an error in the msofd.dll file (so it's not that Logitech problem that is known). The error signature is as follows: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 17.0.0.724 ModName: msofd.dll ModVer: 17.0.0.724 Offset: 000433d1 I can not find any information on this problem and he's trying to get tax information from the file. Insight for Money also crashes. I am also not happy that you guys charge $35 per incident if we don't have the PID for the program, which we can not get because we ca...

Server Busy message during printing from Excel after Off. 2003 SP2
Hello. I have an application written in MFC which reports some information to MS Excel. A "Server busy" dialog is displayed within processing after printing from Excel. After creating a report I'm calling: - Minimize my report application - Displaying Excel window - Print preview (user can print document) - Closing a Workbook (without any prompt to save) - Quit Excel application - Restore my report application After printing from Excel, the "Server busy" dialog box is displayed (no close and quit behavior is processed, even the Retry button is pressed)...

outlook business contact manager and existing outlook data
I have a new computer where I just installed office pro 2003 and outlook business contact manager. How should I import my outlook data from my old computer which has outlook with out business contact manager. Can I just copy over the pst file to the new computer or is it a different process? Thanks. -- moondaddy@noemail.noemail Yes, just copy the pst over and use it as the default message store. You should only use import if you had an older version of outlook and want to use the new pst format. On 4/28/06 4:24 PM, in article u6FSxGwaGHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, "moondaddy...

Can I import my business banking statement online into excel?
I have only used excel to do a rudamentary personal budget, but I have a business that uses online banking...can I import data from my online bank statement into an excel spreadsheet everymonth and avoid having to purchase something else? Yes, I believe you can, just check the formatting of each cell the first time you import the data. After that you can use all Excel functionality, Regards, Alan. "one crying in the wilderness" <one crying in the wilderness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBAABCDE-C1A2-4960-8842-936C72920853@microsoft.com... >I hav...

Strange Report display problem - XP and Vista
Hi, I have a strange problem in displaying of reports on Windows XP and Vista. My crosstab query display mission records for a particular month, for employees of my organisation. For example if I search by month of "April", the crosstab query will display all staff ( of different departments) who were on mission in April. On Windows Vista the report displays fine, that is the query only fetches records for APRIL. However on an XP system, apart from APRIL records, the report is repeating staff member names along with dates of arrival and exit of previous months. I hav...

Export all email addresses to file?
I've been tasked with producing a file that contains ALL SMTP addresses in our organization. I've looked at the ListEmailAddresses.vbs file from Bharat Suneja (thanks Bharat!), but it keeps failing with the following error: Line: 54 Char: 13 Error: 0x80005000 Code: 80005000 Source: (null) Needless to say, I do not know VBScript so that error means nothing to me. Can anyone tell me what the problem may be? Thanks for the feedback - let me look into it - have used the script for a few years now, and has been posted on the blog/site for quite long but haven't come across any...

Is it possible to Extract IP Address from the message headers of E-Mails in .PST file.
Hi, I am working with .PST files to extract contents(programatically using VB.NET) like sender's e-mail, the date and time sent etc from each of the individual E-Mails. I also want to extract sender's IP address from each of the E-Mail in .PST file. I know there is entry of the IP address in the SMTP header, but don't know how to extract it or access the header programatically. Can someone please tell me how to do it? Or is there any property of MailItem Object to achieve this? you need to use CDO to access header information. See outlookcode.com for more information about progr...

Display PopUp Menu OnContextMenu
How can I get a handle to the object that is being clicked?. I have multiple ListBoxes and need to use ItemFromPoint(). Fernando wrote: > How can I get a handle to the object that is being clicked?. I have multiple > ListBoxes and need to use ItemFromPoint(). Do you mean the handle to the list box that is being clicked? Or do you mean the individual line of text within the list? You already have the list box handle: it is m_hWnd in the list box object. The individual lines of text within a list do not have handles. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Im trying to select the item...

Displaying or showing a defined cell name in another cell

Business Alerts for Third Party Tables
I need to create an alert to make the PO approver aware that there are unapproved POs. I went to see if I could create a business alert, but it only lists core GP tables. Is this intentiona? Third party products are key for any successful implementation of GP. Why are these not offered? I will now have to manually create the alerts and jobs in sql, when this would have been a nice tool to use (which was what I thought this tool was meant for). You can use Tools - Utilities - System - Business Alerts to make 3rd Party tables available for Business Alert creation. "Luvsql"...

Business Portal Team Profile
When making changes to an organization related to who works for who, it sometimes takes 24 hours before the change shows up in the managers Team Profile tab. Is there some scheduled stored procedure or process that updates the organizational data strictly for the business portal? I've tried doing an Organization reconcile from the Great Plains interface but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Thanks, Bill McLaren Data Return Hi Bill, You are correct. There is a 24 hour delay for the update of the manager change within Business Portal, which is what affects your My Team w...

Create a book
I have the new complicated! Windows 7 Is there a template for making a book using landscape A4 to a folded A5 booklet? with instructions for printing on the overleaf to remove all the white space on the back of the sheet? Or would I have to create it manually? If I have to create it manually how do i set the margins and pages so that the text only goes on one half of the page until I wish to write on the other side? I’m stressed and would like to refrain from destroying my laptop! Windows 7 complexity has nothing to do with Word. I suppose you must mean that you are using Wor...

Displaying tooltip causes flicker in Win Vista
Hi, I display a tooltip using CToolTipCtrl in a window on the WM_MOUSEMOVE event. The code is as shown below: //Call in mouse move event { //m_Tip is a CToolTipCtrl member m_Tip.TrackPosition(pt.x,pt.y); m_Tip.TrackActivate(&info,TRUE); m_Tip.Activate(TRUE); } where info is a CToolInfo varaible with the TTF_TRANSPARENT flag set. But this code causes excessive flicker in Win Vista but not in XP. How do I prevent the flicker? It is important to do it on the mouse move event so it does happen very rapidly. TIA, JY ...

Re: the business contact manager database has been removed from this profile...
On the contrary, the error message states that there is a problem with the particular version of BCM I am using. The error would seem to indicate that there is, in fact, a version of BCM that is exchange compatible. Susan wrote: > apparently not...the error seems quite clear and to the point... > > -- > Susan Conkey [MVP] > > > > "Alan Truism" <alan.truism@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:1162318220.975275.156480@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > > I'm getting this error. > > > > "the business contact manager database has...

Text in formula bar is not displaying in cell
I am using Excel 2003. I am working in a merged cell with a row height of 375, which is less than the maximum of 409. The text in the cell gets cut off once I click off of it even though it displays in the formula bar and it also displays in the cell when I double-click inside the cell. There is plenty of space within the cell for all of the text, but it just doesn't display completely. I changed the font to a smaller size, and it still cuts off at the same spot. Can anyone help, please?? Thank you!! Go to Excel Help menu and enter limits, Excel will cut off text displayed in...