Business Contact Manager #30

I imported a database from ACT! 6.0 and am now having
problems with BCM. When I remove the database using data
file management ii's still hanging around (on outlook
today the appointments & tasks are still listed plus
tehy're all still in the calendar) even when I
uninstalled & then re-installed the program. Does anyone
know how i might delete this database or datafile
permanently?
0
tom3627 (1)

Business Alerts Not Working
GP 8.0, SQL Server 2000, Small Biz Server 2003 GP is installed on Small Business Server 2003 which has Exchange and SQL Server 2000. All users access GP via our Terminal Server which is installed on Windows Server 2003. The SBS 2003 Server has Outlook client installed. As does the Windows Server 2003. We cannot get SQL Mail to work. Within GP when testing the Business ALerts mail, we get the following error: "The following error occured in SQL Server: XP_sendmail: Could not resolve recipient. In SQL Enterprixe Manager, under support services, SQL Mail, You can test the Outlook ...

outlook 2000 contacts
when I click on contacts, they all show up, but I can't expand on any individual one. When I click on one of them like I used to which normally would show me their details, it shows me and error message. It says it performed an illegal operation and will shut down! why? It used to work and nothing new happened that I know of. ...

Public folder contact-error viewing calendar activities
Hi. We have several Contacts folders under Public folders, with people's tasks and calendars set to link to the Activities in these folders. This works ok apart from one user's calendar. Tasks works fine but if you go to the contact, Activities tab, the following message is displayed: "Outlook cannot display this view. The contacts folder could not be found." The calendar link is in place, and the permission is set to Editor (as is the Tasks folder). Can anyone help please? Alison wrote: > Hi. We have several Contacts folders under Public folders, with > people&...

make a distribution list from a named category(in contact list)
I've created a category name from certain contacts...can I use that category name to directly create a distribution list? What happens now is when I'm adding to the dist. list, the contact list shows up, but the category "field" doesn't show up in the list, so its hard to remember which contact is in which category. Thanks -David If you are using categories, why be redundant and use a DL? Drag the category to your inbox and your distribution is set. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited m...

Payee Rules Manager #2
I would like to get a message to the person or team that developed Payee Rules Manager. It is quite a disappointment to me, and others who've posted here to select a Preferred payee name then click Add under Payee name variation only to discover there is no drop down selection box for Payee name variation. There is also no obvious way to copy and paste the variations from somewhere else. Do you realize how much trouble this poorly designed dialog box causes customers? Was this tested for usability? With this design we sometimes have to manually type in payee name variations with l...

synchronisation with Blackberry through Blackberry desk top manager

Editing Contact Information 08-10-10
Is there an easier way to update and edit contact information on Live? When updating contact information, I cannot perform a simple cut and paste function within the "edit" function. I have to MANUALLY type in the information that I want to update. This may sound like a small thing but it's driving me NUTS! ... It's getting to be a drag. Am I missing something? I'm using Live Mail Version 2009 Thanks Control X - Cut Control C - Copy Control V - Paste Fyi..right click works in the latest beta. -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Editing Cont...

Integration Manager #23
Hi, This may be a stupid question but i'll be happier knowing the answer. How does Integration manager select the company when using the Great Plains destination adapter. We have a number of integrations which post to out primary company but we also have a number of other companies set up which we'd like to use IM on. How can i specify the company that the integration runs on? Thanks in advance, Grant The company that you are logged into when you run the Integration will be the company that it uses for a GP adapter. Troy On Sep 18, 10:00 am, GSwan <GS...@discussions.micro...

Collections management Query letters print error
In GP I am getting an error message "A get/change first operation on table 'CN_Printer_settings' has caused an unknown error (469)" when I try to print invoices, statements, and Letters from a Query. Then when I continue I get a message that says, "A save operation on table 'CN_Printing_settings' has filled the disk" Could someone please help me fix this? Thanks, Jon ...

Global Contact Question
I have many users who would like to go into the Global Contact List and edit information about other users and themselves, but it doesnt let them, it shows everything greyed out. Anyway to give access rights to everyone while trying to edit the Global Contact list? Exchange 2003 / Thanks, Tommy ...

Error creating Contact within Account
I can create a conact and associate it to an account but all of a sudden the other day I cna nolonger create a contact within an account, I get the following error meassge, I have remapped everything, and now am at a loss can any one help. [ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMContactClass.Create(CUserAuth& Caller, String Contact) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Contact.InternalCreate(String xml) +31 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Contact.InternalCreateAndRetrieve(String xml, String columnSet) +9 Microsoft.Crm.Appli...

Outlook 2003
Hello. I just upgraded from OE v.6 to Outlook 2003 because we have Outlook (xp) at work. Now I have an irritating problem. I can't respond to e-mails from users that I don't have in my contacts. Instead of the e-mail address Outlook shows the name of the person in the "to"-field. When I then try to send the e-mail I get a message saying that Outlook can't find the contacts. All I can do from there is to abort or to create a new contact. I really don't want to add a person in my contact for every new e-mail I want to answer. Is there a solution to this problem or wil...

How to import Outlook Contact data into Excel
I have MS Outlook 2002 SP£ and Excel 2002 SP3. I am trying to import contact data from Outlook into Excel where I have created a template for sending out my invoices. Rather than type in data I thought that there must be a way to import the data from my contacts folder in Outlook. Ihave tried via MS Word 'Merge' programme but nothing but rubbish comes out as I cannot enter fields - Word converts my Excel file into its format and scrambles all! Had assumed it would be straightforward - Any sensible and successful ideas anyone? I have Outlook and Excel 2003 so I don'...

Scroll to end of Contacts / Accounts / Leads
The navigation here needs some work or I'm completely overlooking something. At any given time, when I'm in the middle of my Contacts pool in CRM, I can click the arrow that point to left with an underline and be taken immediately to the very first record. However, there is no arrow that points to the right with an underline under it to take me to the very end. Users complain that sometimes all they want to see is the number of records and it should be easier to do within CRM - are we missing something? If your view is sorted by, say, name, you can use the alphabet bar to go to...

contacts appear as deleted in my list when they didn't delete me
I have this situation come up every once in a while is anyone else experiencing this? and what is causing the miss labeling? -- Four Generations Of Trust And Betrayal...One Legacy Skywolfe Hi Skywolfe, Just to confirm, how are you identifying them as being deleted? -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation -- "Rage Skywolfe"...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

Business Contact Manager Study Guide
Does anyone know where to find a Study Guide for a new Business Contact Manager user? I need to start from the beginning. -- mbtaylormt ...

Exchange 2003 System manager hangs
Hello, When I try to view the public folders using the Exchange system manager (root > Folder > Public folders), system manager takes the server utilization to 100% and stops responding. I let it run overnight to see what would happen: nothing. Set up a testserver from scratch: same problem. Searched the knowledgebase and found some articles, but the given solutions do not apply to this problem. Anybody a clue? Greetings, Simon Weel Are there any error events being logged that have anything to do with HTTP, W3SVC etc? - Genevieve -- This posting is provided "AS IS"...

reset contact names display in outlook reading pane
Over time, due to inefficiencies on my part as well some company changes have made the name display in the reading pane and other places quite messy. For example, my company renamed a division so people who were once Smith, John (north division) are now Smith, John (professional division) and those I accidentally accepted from incoming emails as Mary Jones for the display, I would prefer to display as Jones, Mary. I may have compounded the problem because I do use the contacts as my default due to the fact I have many external customers and our company is extremely la...

How do I view & manage System Cleanup Folder?
Is the System Cleanup Folder a client-based, server-based entity, or something that may be accessed from both sides? Further, how do I get access to it via either Outlook or ESM? We're using Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2003. Thanks. You should be able to view it via the folder hierarchy in Outlook. On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:11:07 -0700, Cap'n Murphy <CapnMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is the System Cleanup Folder a client-based, server-based entity, or >something that may be accessed from both sides? Further, how do I get access >to it via either Outl...

Business Portal Browser Support
Hello, Is Business Portal supported for clients other than IE? I did read in a thread that Safari appears to not be supported. Firefox? Thanks David David, Business Portal is only supported on IE. There are some web parts within Business Portal that are dependent on IE. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dpalmer" wrote: > Hello, > > Is Business Portal supported for clients other than IE? I did read in a > thread that Saf...

can I delete an email through system manager or other utility
I support a large network and occasionally spam will get through and cause problems with my veritas backup. I know which email caused the problem and who's mailbox it lives in. Is there a way I can delete from the server or with another utility without going through the users outlook. you can exmerge it out of the mailbox if you have the exact subject line...but I do not see how spam getting through could cause problems with your backups... "darren" <darren@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23jZ6hS%23nEHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I support a large network and ...

Using Integration Manager for Daily Exchange Rate import
Hi there. I've been fiddling with IM to import exchange rates. I've set up an integration and I've specified the Destination as Great Plains 8.0--Setup--Exchange Rate. First question--is this the correct destination to specify for purposes of daily rate import? Second--I was able to import rates for Exchange Rate Tables for some of my Exchange Rate tables, but not for others. I get this message: "You cannot select a rate type for exchange table 'MyExchangeTable' because it is associated with the functional currency." Rate Type is not a field defined in ...

SFO Contact sync w/ Outlook Contact Categories
In MS Outlook, and single Contact may be associated with several Categories (the "Categories" button along the bottom right of a standard Outlook contact form). If a Contact has several Categories listed, how do these category values map into CRM when they are imported? Because of the present architecture of CRM, it would seem that there is a series of boolean fields (yes or no) since a CRM pick list can hold only one value. If we decide to continue to use our client's categories for Contacts, can I control the mapping from Outlook to CRM so that all the Outlook categori...

merge contacts groups in outlook address book
is it possible to merge groups in contacts ? as I have several group and some addresses appaer in more than one group, so merging th groups I would then be able to delete duplicated addresses, any IDEAS? Jo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...