Business Contact Manager 2003 Database Update

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0

Dear All,

I have what I believe a serious problem here. I have been using Outlook =
2003 with Business Contact Manager when it was in Beta 2 and even after =
the Technical Refresh. Now, after both are released, I need to use the =
BCM database that I have populated. The problem is that the database =
cannot be backed up and then restored to the RTM BCM. It keeps telling =
me that the version is different. In addition, the BCM cannot be =
upgraded on the same machine. It should be removed and then the RTM =
version installed. So, I really don't have a clue on how to be able to =
use the whole database that I have populated now.

Hope anyone can help.

Success...

Hisham Ziad El Sherbini
(Windows 2003 MCSA\MCSE Early Achiever, Windows 2000 MCSE: Security, =
Windows 2000 MCSE: Messaging, MCT, MSS, MSF Practitioner, IT Project+, =
Novell NetWare 6 Master CNE, CNS, Lotus Domino R5 CLP, Cisco CCNP, CCDP)
------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Dear All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>I have what I believe a serious =
problem here. I=20
have been using Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager when it was =
in Beta 2=20
and even after the Technical Refresh. Now, after both are released, I =
need to=20
use the BCM database that I have populated. The problem is that the =
database=20
cannot be backed up and then restored to the RTM BCM. It keeps telling =
me that=20
the version is different. In addition, the BCM cannot be upgraded on the =
same=20
machine. It should be removed and then the RTM version installed. So, I =
really=20
don't have a clue on how to be able to use the whole database that I =
have=20
populated now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Hope anyone can help.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Success...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><?xml:namespace prefix =3D ns0 ns =
=3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><ns0:PersonName=20
w:endInsDate=3D"2003-10-01T13:42:00Z" w:endInsAuthor=3D"Hisham Ziad"=20
w:insDate=3D"2003-10-01T13:42:00Z" w:insAuthor=3D"Hisham Ziad"><FONT=20
face=3DArial><?xml:namespace prefix =3D st1 ns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PersonName =
w:st=3D"on"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Hisham=20
Ziad</SPAN></st1:PersonName><SPAN=20
class=3DmsoIns></ns0:PersonName></SPAN></FONT></SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT =

face=3DArial> El Sherbini</FONT></SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"><BR><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: maroon"><FONT face=3DArial>(Windows 2003 MCSA\MCSE Early =
Achiever,=20
Windows 2000 MCSE: Security, Windows 2000 MCSE: Messaging, MCT, MSS, MSF =

Practitioner, IT Project+, Novell NetWare 6 Master CNE,&nbsp;CNS, Lotus =
Domino=20
R5 CLP, Cisco CCNP, CCDP)</FONT></SPAN></SPAN></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0--

0
hishamam (2)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Killer macro idea for business mailings
One of you programmers should write a macro to validate a city from zip code. I receive excel files from response cards and a lot of people will put some random letters for their city instead of the actual city name, or maybe they'll put the wrong abrieviation for their state. It would be awesome if all the zipcodes could validate the state field and change if necessary and the same for the city fields too. Okay, have at it :) Okay, well good idea I think anyways, but it turns out that my columns just weren't wide enough so it didn't display more then 2 letters. ...

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Inconsistent Free/Busy information
When booking appointments I am seeing the following problem: When I view someone's free/busy information the graph that represents the meetings does not reflect what is in the calendar. But when I mouse over the graph (for example a blue line representing a meeting from 10am - 11am) I do see the correct time in the mouse over pop up window. So a meeting from 10am - 11am represented by a graph line from 10am -10:30am when mouse'd over would correctly show the meeting as being from 10am - 11am. This is causing a small amount of havoc for my user community because when they s...

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Lost Outlook contacts
I recently backed up my hard drive on DVD, then also kept the entire contents to another HD. I then reformated my C; drive, and reinstalled all of my programs. When I searched for my outlook info, I could only find backups I had specifically made for export (These are .PST files). Where was Outlook storing all of this information before, and have I lost it all? I hadn't made a backup for a few months, but all of the info was there each time I opened the program. HELP! I recently had to reinstall my OS and drivers on a new hard drive. I have access to my old drive and my data is ...

Access 97 can't resize database window

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini