Business Contact Manager 2003 #2

I've been trying to use the Outlook Business Contact Manager for some time
but have had a few problems that I need help with.

Problem 1: Can't create a new contact when in the "Accounts in Business
Contacts" or "Business Contacts in Business" sections. Here is the error
message I receive when I click on create a new contact icon. "The form
required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your
administrator." In the general contacts section, I have no problem creating
a general contact, but in the business contacts section, I can't create a
new bussiness contact or account.

When I first loaded the Office Suite, I had no problem creating a new
business contact. However, for some reason, I can't even create one now. I'm
only on a stand alone computer, not on a network. Also, I've uninstalled
Office 2003 and the Business contact manager a few times, but this hasn't
solved the problem. Any idea as to why I'm getting this issue? Even with my
existing contacts, I can only look at them in the default or general contact
view.

Problem 2: When I was able to select one of my existing business contacts
and view the data properly, I noticed that I was able to view my email
correspondence with my client. But then, later on it just dumped all my
emails in that area, making it no longer possible to track the emails with
that specific person. I looked in the help tutorial and it told me to use
the Business Tools menu, but I no longer have that available and it's not
even in the customizable menus.

Any help would be most appreciated as to why I'm having this sort of
trouble.

Justin

0
not7712 (112)

I had a similar problem.  By guessing, I figured out that
things worked fine for the accounts I imported, but there
was a problem with the first accounts and contacts I
created manually in BCM.  So I deleted and recreated
those accounts, and the problem went away...  No clue as
to why.  Don't know if it helps...

0
anonymous (74722)
5/17/2004 10:48:10 PM
I've had all the same problems you've experienced and
more. I've spent hours on the phone with Microsoft
support people, all of whom seemed to have to experience
with BCM. It seems as though Microsoft has simply turned
out a piece of trash with this product. One would think
that they would do thorough testing before going to the
market. It's also hard to believe that they haven't yet
posted any bug fixes, since we're all haveing the same
problems.

0
anonymous (74722)

Update to Publisher 2000 so I can open Publisher 2003-documents?
I'm using Publisher 2000 and want to open a publication made in the 2003-version. My friend are having trouble with his attempts to save the publication in the 2000 format in his 2003 version. He gets an error message and the program wants to report to Microsoft. I've recommended that he'd download and install all available updates, hoping that this will solve the problem in his part. But if it does not - are there an update for Publisher 2000 that will make it possible for me to open a 2003 publication? What is your friend's error? Maybe we can help. There is no update ...

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #2
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

Controlling Access to Contact's History
Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/ write to the contact record. Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't change that one). Select the Core Records tab. History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the Activity row. History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row. You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete "pie". Clear th...

1.2 danish -> 3.0 english
Is this possible ? Jack ...

reports question #2
Hi How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? I have a report "Detailed Sales with Tax & Tender" but the only problem is it does not show more than one tender type per transaction. So if a customer combines two tender types only one is shown. Thanks throw me a bone?...anyone cheers "christian" wrote: > Hi > > How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift > Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? &...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Filter Lookup for Responsible Contact in CASE when Customer is sel
Hi, I have tried one of the posted article as below and understand how it works. But I hope the responsible contact will list up in the lookup window when the related customer is selected. Anyone offers help? Thanks. //Limit the entities one can choose of crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypes="2"; crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypenames="contact:2"; alert("1a"); //Change the default lookup type if (crmForm.all.regardingobjectid != null) { crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.setAttribute("defaulttype", "2"); alert("2a"); } ...

Contact First & Last names the wrong way around
In Outlook 2003 when creating a new contact I typed their name into the name field in the order Firstname Middlename Lastname and Outlook placed them in the correct order. I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when I type in a name, for example John Smith Outlook takes John as the lastname and Smith as the Firstname and displays John, Smith (it's set to file as Lastname, Firstname). Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Default Fullname Order is set to Firstname Middlename Lastname (as I want it). To confuse things further I have a number of co...

Sharing Outlook #2

excel file can't be opened #2

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

The easiest way to get free cash! #2
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I became a member of an interesting free website that is totally unique. It actually rewards its members for learning! You can learn lots of important things and earn rewards taking fun quizzes, plus earn cash for other activities! Membership is free, and people of all ages and educational backgrounds everywhere can become members and participate at their own level. It�s called �It P...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Manage Calendar
Is it possible to manage somebody else's calendar? My boss wants his assistant to be able to manage his calendar from her desk. Is this possible? He wants her to have reminders pop up on her computer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jasper The easiest way I know is to have your boss's assistant set up as his Delegate. Then she can manage his calandar as if it were her own. marx404 Does that give her access to everything in his mailbox also? Thanks, Jasper "marx404" <404@404.com> wrote in message news:MoCdnRtYxddb8_DdRVn-uw@adelphia.com... &...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Emails in queue #2
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed on windows 2003. The problem is as follows It seems to be working fine then all of a sudden the messages pending for submission starts to fill up and all the clients get a message in their outlook stating "outlook is trying to retreive data from the microsoft exchange server". The onky way to resolve this is by rebootong the computer. Any ideas? Thansk You need to identify where the performance bottleneck is. The following link should get you started http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx In a...

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings