bounce back reply-to

When a delegate sends an email and that email is bounced back it does not
send it to the reply-to address..
Instead it goes to the sender ....

so if I send out an email on someone's behalf ...
if the email is bounced back, I want it to come in my mailbox .... which is
set as the reply to...

how can I do this .....

TIA

- SS

0
Shardool (4)

Use Send As, not Send on Behalf Of, then. Assign Send As rights on the
server (but note that this will grant the delegate *full access* to the
other person's mailbox....) then remove the send on behalf of rights you set
in Outlook.

Shardool Karnik wrote:
> When a delegate sends an email and that email is bounced back it does
> not send it to the reply-to address..
> Instead it goes to the sender ....
>
> so if I send out an email on someone's behalf ...
> if the email is bounced back, I want it to come in my mailbox ....
> which is set as the reply to...
>
> how can I do this .....
>
> TIA
>
> - SS

0
lanwench (7567)
7/15/2003 3:04:40 PM
The emails still bounce back to the senders address .... that I am a
delegate for ..
please help !

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Use Send As, not Send on Behalf Of, then. Assign Send As rights on the
> server (but note that this will grant the delegate *full access* to the
> other person's mailbox....) then remove the send on behalf of rights you
set
> in Outlook.
>
> Shardool Karnik wrote:
> > When a delegate sends an email and that email is bounced back it does
> > not send it to the reply-to address..
> > Instead it goes to the sender ....
> >
> > so if I send out an email on someone's behalf ...
> > if the email is bounced back, I want it to come in my mailbox ....
> > which is set as the reply to...
> >
> > how can I do this .....
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > - SS

0
Shardool (4)

Windows Update keeps coming back with updates I already installed.
Ever since friday 19 february, Windows Update about dayly keeps coming back with updates I already installed. In concerns the updates KB975560 and KB977914. Before I realised that it were the same updates again and again, I downloaded and installed them half a dozen times, and received an OK every time. Is this a flaw in Windows Updater, or what could be the problem? JustWantItToWork wrote: > Ever since friday 19 february, Windows Update about dayly keeps > coming back with updates I already installed. > In concerns the updates KB975560 and KB977914. > Before I reali...

HD crashed/Outlook 2002 backed up through system tools-can't resto
Having little notice that my hard drive was going, I plugged in an Iomega external HD and went to System Tools..Backup. I backed up 4 gigs of data. New hard drive, Windows XP Pro loaded, etc., I went to Restore, and restored 4 gigs of data. Outlook 2002 files were there, 760 MBs, because I saw them moving through the Restore process, but I can't find them on my computer. Can anyone help? I'm desperate to recoop my Inbox, Contacts and Notes. -- j joanie <joanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Having little notice that my hard drive was going, I plugged in an >...

erasing emails replied to
IS there a way to have outlook automatically erase (or move to another folder) an original email once it has been replied to or forwarded? is there a rule you can create? Use Rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mark Ruhl asked: | IS there a way to have outlook automatically erase (or | move to another folder) an original email once it has been | ...

Auto reply to an address in the body.
Is this possible? Basically, i have a website that users can submit an online form that come through to my email. I want to set up an auto reply but the senders email address is in the body of the email and my email address is in the 'To' field so the normal rule sends it straight back to me. Any help would be awesome! No, not possible, you'll have to modify the web form to use the address of the submitter as the From field. Why not simply use the web form to also send out the confirmation directly to the submitter? Then you won't have to fiddle with rules eithe...

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

Mail forwarded/replied to icons in Outlook
Hi I have written a Macro that automatically BCCs a copy of all my incoming mail and sent mail to a particular address for backup. When it does this it marks the mail as forwarded in my inbox. How can i stop this in the macro as it is clearly confusing to have all my incoming mail marked as forwarded. this is part of the code for inbox forwarding: Private Sub myOlItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) If TypeName(Item) = "MailItem" Then ' Forward the item just received Set myForward = Item.Forward ' Address the message Set...

Modify back order transfer to order process
Got a question for anyone who is familiar with the transfer process from back order to order. I'd like to make a modification in that process to clear the PICTICNU and PCKSLPNO fields in SOP10100 for the new SOP order created. Currently those fields retain the values from the original SOP order. Has anyone made a similar mod? Any pointers? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Jim - I am assuming you are on Version 8 or higher. Go to Tools - Setup - Sales - Sales Order Processing On this window, click on the numbers button - the last two options are Packing Slip and Picking Ticket. You pr...

Can't reply to Webmail in Outlook 2007
I access my company email using Webmail. On my laptop, which runs Windows XP and Office 2003, I have no problems. However, on my new desktop I have Vista and Office 2007. I also have Kaspersky anti-virus software on both machines. On the Vista/Office 2007 combination I can receive emails but I can't reply to them. When I hit the reply button I see the reply window but there's no text of the email I'm replying to and no place for my own text -- just a little icon in the top left hand corner. I've got the webmail URL in the Trusted Zone. Any ideas? -- Mandy amanda.brown46@btint...

Backing up priv.edb and pub.edb
I'm running Exchange 5.5. My backup program (Backup Exec) doesn't backup these two files because I believe they are active. Is there a way I can back these files up? Any help is appreciated. You need to buy the BackupExec Exchange agent - this will allow you to do a proper online backup (which doesn't involve Exchange server downtime, and also purges committed transaction logs). Make sure you select the Exchange stores - not the mailbox level (that's useless for disaster recovery and takes up lots of tape & time). Peter McCaul wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5....

move mailbox back from Exch2010 to Ex2003
Hi all, i have moed a mailbox from Ex2003 to Ex2010 - and now i want it back on Ex2003. All Technet-articles won�t work; on the Ex2010 the database can�t be found. I need to bring the mailbox back to Ex2003 - which will be the best approach? Thanxs for help... Andy -- Andy Wendel Senior Trainer & Consultant Traicen GmbH http://www.traicen.com I'll bet you'll need to build an Exchange 2007 server. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Andy Wendel" <andy@lifesavers.de>...

Send form windows to the back of -global- Z-order
I know there is a function to send child form windows to the back of an app's 'local' Z-order. And there's an easy way to send them to the -front- of the global Z-order. But is there any way to send them to the back of the global Z-order? In other words, place the form windows behind all other currently active windows? Bob wrote: > I know there is a function to send child form windows to the back of > an app's 'local' Z-order. And there's an easy way to send them to the > -front- of the global Z-order. > > But is there any way to se...

reply automation solution, repetitive answers
I always receive same kind of questions, so I have some html emails in a folder I mannualy forward to costumers (a lot o human work), however a 90% of answers are just my html .eml file plus the name of person at beginning, what I mannualy copy and paste. So replying 500 of those emails is a lot of work, while 90% of that work is absolutely repetitive. I could just take a look at inbox, take care of 10% of emails what require personal treatment, and let the other 90% be replied by a program. This far I couldn't find a real solution to that, so I keep mannualy replying. ...

Out of office replies to spam
Exchange 2000 Is there a server side way of make sure when users set their OOO's that they don't reply to messages with '[SPAM]' in the subject? Cheers, Tink Kri159710 wrote: > Exchange 2000 > > Is there a server side way of make sure when users set their OOO's > that they don't reply to messages with '[SPAM]' in the subject? > > Cheers, > Tink No....it's all or nothing at all. On Mar 7, 2:22 pm, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwe...@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote: > Kri159710 wrote: &...

Back up: which account do you use to backup Exchange mailboxes ?
I have a domain admin account used to execute the backup agent for Exchange 2000 mailbox and db. If possible I would like to downgrade the privilege of that 'exchange' account and remove it from domain admin group. I understand that the account would need rights to access all mailbox and Exchange db. Which permission should I grant to such back account ? If no alternative is available, I guess the alternative would be using my domain admin account to execute the backup agent, what may be not be ideal I think. "I understand that the account would need rights to access all mai...

Please bring back the Great Plains palettes and push pins!!
The palettes and push pins really save a lot of time, please give people the option of using them again. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=df605a62-9af0-41be...

Replying
I am starting to have problems with replying to some emails in Outlook. For some recipients, to whom I try to reply, I get this error message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] The email is not sent. If I start a new mail then cut and paste the contents in, it is sent as normal. Any ideas? This indicates a misconfiguration on the mail server. Contact your ISP or administrator. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ---...

Quantity to Back Order
Customer would like to have a set up in SOP so that quantities on a Quote always get moved to the 'Quantity to Back Order' field instead of the 'Quantity to Invoice' field when transferring to an Order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

auto reply attendant
i am running SBS 2003, my auto reply attendant isnt working. my clients are not getting any responses. i am fully patched and virus protected. -- Thanx for any help Ray Aloha Ray, "AutoReply Attendant"? Do you mean the Out Of Office messages? Have you seen this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323665 -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > i am running SBS 2003, my auto reply attendant isnt working. my > clients are not getting any responses. i am fully patched and...

User forms "back" buttons
I have made a simple user form that asks a user for certain inputs and then puts those inputs in the cells where they belong on the page. My question is, if a user changes his mind after pressing enter (and the form progresses to the next question) is there some way of implementing a "back" button that will take the user back through the questions in reverse? I hope that's worded clearly enough :) Dave -- DavidObeid ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DavidObeid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...

Backing Up
This seems so ridiculous but how do I back up with out backing up my backup? I have an external hard drive - "F." When I run the back up utility and select - back up entire system, it factors in F into the back up and it backs up everything. I just want to back up the C drive. I would like to run the full back up so that it will create the back up disk. I guess an option would be to back it up to C:\ with the hard drive disconnected and then copy that file to the hard drive. Might that work? Any other ideas? Many thanks. So that I am not accused of cross-posting...

Email Replies
I’m an Outlook newbie. When replying to an email message in Outlook 2007 I have it set to prefix each line of the original message with “>” but it does not do that. Instead it prefixes each line of the original message with a vertical line | in the left margin. I’ve seen that vertical line occasionally when I receive replies from other Outlook users but I don’t want the line at all, I want “>” How do I make that happen? Thanks Peter You can't change this unless you change your message format to Plain Text before initiating the reply. The pre-fix characte...

how can i make a rule that checks the body of a message that has been bounced back to me?
how can i make a rule that checks the body of a message that has been bounced back to me? you know, the messages that come from system administrator saying "Undeliverable: ". for some strange reason my outlook won't check the body of the message... it will check the subject, but i want to to check the message body. why doesn't this work? im using outlook 2003 sp1, exchange server 2003. That's because such messages actually have no body text. What you see is = generated by Outlook on the fly, not stored as a message body.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Auth...

How can revert back Windows Live Mail ext .eml to Outlook Exp .dbx
After updating my PC Microsoft Security Bulletin Major Revisions Issued: November 24, 2009 all my saved Outlook Express documents with extension ..dbx were changed to Windows Live Mail extension .eml. How can i revert it back to Outlook Express extension .dbx? I don't like to use Windows Live Mail ! Rodriguez Peña Try this: http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/eml "Rodriguez Peña" <RodriguezPea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B2AB0B7-6781-4FE0-AA3B-A9EAAD507E16@microsoft.com... > After updating my PC Microsoft Security Bulle...

Backing up personal folders
I need to know how to back up my personal folders in outlook to a CD. I tried and have failed-ugh!. I then copied my personal files to my Doc's file but now I can't open it because it's a *pst file. Does anyone know what I need to do to open this type of file? Secondly, does a process exist on how to backup personal folders pluse any attachments on the email? Thanks very much for any help! "jay" <jaytom01@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:098001c36208$51bcbd50$a301280a@phx.gbl > I need to know how to back up my personal folders in > outlook to a CD....