blocking internet addresses

How can I block certain sites and banners from showing up
on my Outlook Express?

Thanks in advance

0
anonymous (74722)

Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks

-----
"steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I block certain sites and banners from showing up
> on my Outlook Express?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Roady

AD User Account does not appear in Global Address List
Just in the last few days, new user accounts/mailboxes setup in AD are not showing up in the Global Address List. The RUS usually automatically stamps the user account Email Addresses tab with a SMTP, MS, and X.400 address, but the list is blank. The Recipient Policies haven't changed. I can manually enter the addresses into the Email Addresses tab, but the mailbox still doesn't appear in the GAL. Is there something wrong with RUS? Any ideas to troubleshoot? I have created multiple users in different OU's. I've also assigned them to different storage groups on ...

IE8 does not work, it says: Internet Explorer dejo de funcionar
Hi There; I'm using IE8 on Windows 7 for about 2 months and it worked fine bust 2 weeks ago when suddenly stop working and restart every time I want to open it. I try anti malware software but still the problem. I deactivated and reactivated again but still the problem. I'm usind Firefox but I need IE8, how can I fix it, because doesn't let me reinstall it. Thank you Adan Hi, You either have an incompatible Addon installed (in the past few weeks) (test by running IE8 in no-Addons mode. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explo...

Unable to save .vcf as contacts in address book
I am having problems with Outlook 2000 saving .vcf's as a contact in the address book. I can forward the email to a client with Outlook 2003 and am able to save just fine then. We are running Symantec AV v.9 if that makes any difference. I was unable to find anything about this on the symantec site. Tom Shuee <tshuee@harlan.com> wrote: > I am having problems with Outlook 2000 saving .vcf's as a > contact in the address book. What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >Tom Shuee <tshuee@harlan.com> wrote: > >> I a...

Limit users to internal addresses only
How do you prevent a user from sending / receiving mail to / from external (internet) addresses? Many thanks in advance. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote in message news:eYQiqkP2GHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How do you prevent a user from sending / receiving mail to / from external > (internet) addresses? > > Many thanks in advance. > > > ...

Exploit
Recently I received an email from a Email Campaign Vendor in which they were able to craft an 'unathenticated email' that resolved to a local address in organizations Global Address List; we are running Exchange 2003 SP2. Here is the entry from the Exchange 2003 Security Hardening guide that explains this feature: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3SecHardGuide/300d578b-c7ec-4ff0-978b-da0d6bb89ab1.mspx?mfr=true Default Authentication Settings By default, Exchange 2003 does not resolve a sender's e-mail address unless the sender uses a client pr...

After upgrade need to move Address book to Contacts
I upgraded from Office 2002 to 2003. Nothing transfered over. Can't find my old e-mails and the contacts is empty too. But The data is in the address book. How do I get it from the Address book to my Contacts. TIA That makes no sense. The Address Book can only show what is in your Contacts Folder. It contains no data. Explain what you mean more completely, please. There must be a Contacts Folder somewhere. How did you "upgrade?" Upgrades always keep the same information store. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Vince" <v.leasher@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in me...

send as any email from internet ?
How to set Exchange to let single user send emails as any email address? I know what are the risk, but sometimes I need to send email from my private account, or just want to show that im not in that domain where exchange is. I found some anonymous mail program over internet, but i belive that exchange can do the same. Piotrek Create a Mail Enable Contact object for the email address you want to send as and grant send as right to your user account. However, many email systems now will check the PTR of your sending SMTP or check the SPF record of the sender's email domain. They will ...

How do I save e-mail addresses to my address book?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I'm trying to save e-mail addresses from a batch e-mail to my address book. The batch e-mail has all of the new e-mail addresses from one group of my clients. <br><br>Instead of picking through to figure out which addresses I already have and which ones I don't have yet, and typing them in one at a time, I'd rather just replace the existing group in my address book with the new group. <br><br>I tried exporting the addresses to a text file and then importing it,...

Customer Master addresses company name
I have multiple clients that ship product to their customer's customer. When they create additional ship to addresses they would like an additional field added to the window for the ship to company name. Yes, they can edit or enter this name on the SOP customer detail - ship to window but they would like to be able to avoid this repetitive data entry by storing this information with the customer address master. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

A program is try to access my address book...
I've just started receiving this message whenever I attempt to create an email. I'm receiving the same message as those listed below. I've noted the responses indicating this is due to a security fix. However, in my case, once I click "no" and proceed back to my inbox (screen), Outlook appears to be frozen (and I shut it down using the task manager). Any fix for this? What addins do you have installed? One of them is the cause and the fix is either disable it, upgrade it, or click Yes. On 24 Apr 2004 12:36, "=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=" <anonymous@discussions...

Loss of address book data from outlook express
Upgraded to Windows XP prof. and Office 2000. Tried to transfer address book from outlook express to outlook. Seem to have lost all data. Help. ...

"The e-mail address or password is incorrect" error
Hello All, I have been experiencing a very weird issue where my log in to Money is denied using my Windows Live ID for a specific computer profile. Once I start Money and type in my ID/password, I get a "The e-mail address or password is incorrect" popup after a few seconds of login attempt. I can log in using the same .mny file from a different Windows profile using the same Live ID and password, and I can still log in offline to the file using the ID if I choose offline mode. Logging in to my Live account through IE has no problems, and once I log in using offline mode I can up...

Exchange 2003 multiple domains with ability to choose sending address
Hi all! My enterprise has 2 AD domains and 2 Exchange domains (with trust relationship): abc.com and def.com. 50 users each one, and 1 ad and 1 exch in each one. Everything works perfectly with w2k3 r2 and exch 2003 sp2. The problem is: I need to remove the second domain def.com, so all users has to log in the domain abc.com but with mail alias @abc.com and @def.com, and the users has to have the ability to not only receive (what is easy and I found in MS articles) but to SEND mail from both domains. If you didn't understand my problem, I found in experts-exchange an article that ...

corrupted address book
I just installed Outlook (2000) and tried to import a list of addresses.. unfortunately, it corrupted my address book: entered a lot of blank entries that I cannot delete. I tried uninstalling Outlook and re-installing it, but it kept all the same personal data.. including mail and the corrupt contact list. What is the file name of the address book and where is it located? I want to manually delete it! Also, what are the names of the other data files associated with Outlook, and where are they located? Thanks, Paul Do you really mean the corrupted addresses are in the Address Book, or a...

Default Bill To and Ship To Address on Purchase Order
Would like a seperate default for the Bill To and Ship To address on the Purchase Order. Both now pull from the main address on the Company Setup window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dg...

blocking #3
Is there anyway to block senders in such a way that they don't get on my computer at all. You could do this with previous versions of Outlook Express but can't do it with Outlook 2003 as it just wants to put it in my junk folder. You are always being told to look at whats in your junk folder so as not to miss something important so if I do this I am going to see the email I have blocked You can't. In order to let Outlook process rules it must first download the message. If you don't want to have Outlook download the file make sure it already gets removed at the serve...

Cannot open internet explorer
When I open internet explorer it says "restore from last session" or "go to home page" and that was it. It can stay there for days and did not open. I tried all the fixes an it said there some running program unable to fix. Please help. Tom Lee Hi, Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- e.g. Windows 7, Vista SP1, XP SP2 , 32-bit, 64-bit, etc. Right-click Computer/My Computer> Properties to obtain this information) Which version of Internet Explorer? (From IE> Help> About) What happens when you choose "Restore" or "Go t...

Daemon Tries to access internet when opening OE
When I try to open Outlook Express to check e-mail, my Zonealarm firewall tells me that "Daemon is trying to access the internet." Since I read somewhere this is not a legitimate program, I denied it. What is this program? Zone Alarm Labs identified for me the follwing location in Windows: C:/WINNT/System32/SK9910DME.EXE The software maker for this little piece of magic is "Silitek", not Microsoft, so it definately should not be running with Outlook I think. ...

In-Cell editing unvailable in address card view
Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3 IMAP/POP email, not exchange In modify address card view, the option "Allow in-cell editing" is not available. It's available in phone list view. Any way to enable it? Thanks! How could you? Only table views have cells. That's why it's disabled in other views. There's no use for it. -- Russ Valentine "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ACBA9D1-88B4-4CC5-8F32-DC36AE1D2178@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3 > IMAP/POP email, not excha...

Getting BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED in e-mails that are sent that have links.
When a user sends e-mails with links to other web-sites and the mouse pointer is moved over the link it says,"BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED:BLOCKED" and then it gives the link URL. When we click on the link that has been sent by another internal member the link doesn't work. How can I fix this? Thank you, Micah Pokorney Well, to start with, that is a setting in your email client (Outlook?) or either in some sort of content filtering software that is doing that. Exchange does not filter the content in such a way. So, you need to start by looking at settings in the client or...

Question regarding multiply SMTP address for one mailbox
Hi, A particular user at my company needs to have multiply smtp email addresses for her account. What I have done is I have gone into AD, opened up her profile properties, gone to 'email addresses' and added the extra smtp email address in. I now need to make this new entry the primary smtp address, so I select the entry and click on 'Set as primary' and then press apply and ok. However after around 30 mins or so the 'primary smtp address' reverts back to the original smtp address. My question is how do I stop the 'primary smtp address' been reverted ba...

Address Book from an LDAP server on Exchange 2000
I have an EX2K server on which I need to have an address book from an LDAP openmail server. Through the Exchange System Manager under Recipients\All Address Lists I've created another address book, but could not make heads or tails of how the LDAP query should be. For the openmail server I got the following details: server: 192.168.8.10 c=openmail I'm sure that the LDAP server is working fine as I managed to query the server via the Outlook 2000 client directly. Can somebody help with this ? Thanks Ian Briffa Malta ...

dynamics crm 4 and microsoft outlook 2003 domino connector
Hi I am using the microsoft outlook 2003 connector for domino and crm version 4, If i track an email that outlook sees one of the recipients or the sender as a lotus notes domino entry in the lotus notes domino address book, when I look at the email in CRM the sender/ recipient field appears blank, or sometimes shows me when i was not the sender. Any ideas how to fix this, this behaviour only seems to happen with the MS outlook connector for domino, it does not happen with DAMO connector, but that has issues of its own! and POP3 is not an option as I want crm to sync with my calendar. does ...

create address list
I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I also want to be able to pick multiple addresses’s and print labels. Contacts in Outlook supports that. claudia wrote: > I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I= also=20 > want to be able to pick multiple addresses=E2=80=99s and print labels. = =20 I tried outlook and this doesn’t meet my needs. The address and phone list is for my personal use. I previously used Works Word and created a list I printed to look up my family and friends phone numbers and addresse...

OE blocked access
My setting have changed since an automatic update happened. Now a bunch of emails are having the attachements blocked. Even ones that are already received, opened, and are from reliable sources. HELP!!!! Tools->Options->Security. DING, DING, DING!!! We have our 100,000+ post for the same wrong group/off topic question (or more, I lost count) Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com ...