blocking e-mail addresses?

I blocked an e-mail address in Outlook 2003 a couple of weeks ago,
and
received an e-mail from this person today.  I matched the e-mail
addresses (the one that is blocked vs. the one that the e-mail came
from
today), and they're the same.  What do you think happened?

Thanks for your help,
Audrey
0
dkfhry (5)

"Audrey" <dkfhry@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>I blocked an e-mail address in Outlook 2003 a couple of weeks ago,
> and
> received an e-mail from this person today.  I matched the e-mail
> addresses (the one that is blocked vs. the one that the e-mail came
> from
> today), and they're the same.  What do you think happened?

Describe how you "blocked" the address.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/21/2008 7:03:58 PM
Is the address it was sent to on the safe list? If you enabled the contacts
list as 'safe',  do you have a contact with that address?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Audrey" <dkfhry@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I blocked an e-mail address in Outlook 2003 a couple of weeks ago,
> and
> received an e-mail from this person today.  I matched the e-mail
> addresses (the one that is blocked vs. the one that the e-mail came
> from
> today), and they're the same.  What do you think happened?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Audrey

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Need to get cell address next to current address
Hi, I'm working with a two column table (B5-C24). I am finding the cell address of the cell with the last non-zero value in column C5-C24. Based on that I need to get the cell address of the cell next to it, i.e., if the first non-zero value cell in column C is C14, then I need to get the address of cell B14 as well. My code is below. There are four values I need to get as input to a new data source chart range: StartTotalsAddress, EndTotalsAddress, (which I get) and StartCategoryAddress, and EndCategoryAddress which will be from column "B" and are adjacent to the...

E-mail Router doesnt get E-mail from Exchange
Hi, I've setup CRM with Exchange E-mail Router successfully until I did either 1 of the following. 1. Disabling E-mail user 2. Change server IP address 3. Installing RAS Does anyone of the above affects Exchange E-mail Router? If not, may i know whether is there any place where i can configure Exchange E-mail Router? Last solution, do you think reinstalling Exchange E-mail Router will help? Any help appreciated. Thanks a lot!! David Loke -------------------------------------------- ReadySpace Network Pte Ltd www.readyspace.com ...

Address book shut-down
Each time I open my address book, it shuts down. I get the red circle and it shuts the entire outlook program. Why does this happen? I had an address book created and am able to open it but each time I create a new message and open my address book and attempt to send the message to someone in my list outlook shuts down completely. Is there any way I can fix this? ...

How to group mail...
Hi, I am trying to to do the following with Outlook 2003 and a POP3 account... Under 'Advanced E-mail options' you have the option 'In folders other than the Inbox, save replies with original message'... With this option selected I want to have my replies send to an e-mail being grouped... Like... +Mail from: mail@domain1.com Subject: Test 1 My reply: mymail@mydomain.com Re: Test 1 His reply +Mail from: mail@domain1.com Subject: Test 2 My reply: mymail@mydomain.com Re: Test2 His reply ... Is this possible with Outlook 2003?? If yes, will it also work for mails i...

Placing a Link in an OE (mail tool)
I think a friend uses OE as a mail program. I use Mozilla. If I put <google.com> in the body of an e-mail. It appears in most places (I think) I sent the message to as an underlined link. When my friend sends me the same format, it shows no under line and it's not possible for me to click it to perform a link. Can OE do this, or is there some preference he needs to use. HTML? I'm not familiar with OE. Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7&quo...

mail stuck in queue HELPPPPP!
Hi I have an exchange 2k3 server. Our server has a PTR record setup, using internal dns servers, no dns forwarders in exchange. Our problem is that we have mail that once in a while gets stuck in the Queue but it does not show as "retry" state. But when I look at mail that is stuck it shows a retry time. When I click on properties of the mail that is waiting to get sent there is no helpful information. I can resolve the domains where the mail is headed to with no problem using NSLOOKUP. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem or why is just all of the sudden began....

Distribution List
Hello, We have a SBS2003 with Exchange Server 2003 running. For the purpose of this post, <mydomain.com> refers to our Internet domain. The Exchange Server acts as the primary mail server for <mydomain.com>. We have a Organizational Unit created called External Contacts. This has several mail-enabled users who belong to another domain <seconddomain.com>. A Distribution List has been created with a mix of External Contacts and SBS2003 users. Specifically, we have 32 contacts from <seconddomain.com> and 4 users from <mydomain.com>. E-mails sent to the DL ...

Disable the forward mail function when user is out of the office.
Hi all Have any people know that how to disable the forward mail function in "Tools" > "Out of Office Assistant" > "Add Rule" , even just only allow user type the message on "AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text" and disallow add any rule. Is it possiable ? Thanks you for your help. Thanks Philip Philip Tsang wrote: > Hi all > > Have any people know that how to disable the forward mail function in > "Tools" > "Out of Office Assistant" > "Add Rule" , even just only > all...

Outlook 2003 Address Book Lost
After upgrading MS 2003 from 2000, I lost the address book that was i Outlook 2000. How do I restore the book that I had? Or do I have t re-establish the address book ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Outlook has no address book. Be more specific. What exactly did you lose? The contents of your Contacts Folder? The Address Book's view of those Contacts? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Richard" <Richard.10vtq5@outlookforum.com> wrote in m...

Catching mail for disable user with no mailbox
I have a user ("olduser') in AD who has been gone for a year and never had an Exchange mailbox (pre-migration). As of today, I want to have any inbound mail to "olduser" captured by the SMTP virtual server and sent to another user. I simply gave "otheruser" an additional address of "olduser@domain" and delivery works internally via Exchange, but external senders get a reply: Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: mailbox not available. I expect I could delete the old user from AD, but that's not permitted right now. Thanks...

Macro to always add a name to cc when sending mail
Does anyone know how to add a macro that will always add the same name to cc when sending email? Thanks. -- thanks, askgail http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#compose should help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, askgail asked: | Does anyone know how to add a macro that will always add the same | name to cc when sending email? | Thanks. Thanks Milly! "Milly Sta...

Can use macro to check the size of Exchange mail box ??
I want to write a VBA or marco to check the size of mail box, include inbox outbox & deleted item, which locate on Exchange server. Can any info or ref. that I can read ?? Thank you very much. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ That information isn't available using the Outlook object model. You'd have to use CDO or Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only). Using CDO code the property tag you'd want to look at would be PR_MESSAGE_SIZE (0x0E0800...

Help: I typed a message in Windows mail, saved it and can't find it!!!
Does anyone know how to find a message that was saved. After typing an important business email, I chose save & exit and then tried to retrieve the message. I can't find it. Any suggestions? ...

Can the Global Address Book in Outlook 2002 be acessed while in Journal?
My Boss wants to know if he can access the Global Address Book while he's in Journal in OUTLOOK 2002? Right now, he can only get his contacts list. Is there a way to do this? ...

Link to send file to an e-mail address
How do I create a link within a workbook to send that workbook to an indicated email address? Thanks. PJ, The following code will create an Outlook MailItem with the current workbook as the attachment Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") 'Dim myOlApp As New Outlook.Application Set myitem = myOlApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) myitem.Display myitem.Recipients.Add Sheet1.Range("a2").Value myitem.Attachments.Add ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ThisWorkbook.Name http://HelpExcel.com "-PJ" wrote: > How do I create a link within a wo...

Delayed e-mail message
Hi We have a few users who have recently received delayed messages. These messages were sent to them approx 4 hours ago and they have only just received them. Also 1 or 2 of the users suddenly got a bulk of e-mails from the past few months drop into their mailboxes, any explanation as to why this is occuring?? We are using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 R2 Cheers Simon Hi, Check the headers of the message. You will be able to pinpoint the location of the delay. Oliver Delayed from internal or external users? Have You Checked Your SMTP Mailbox Temporary Tables Lately? http://www....

Sending Mail #2
I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , while allowing another set of users to send INTRANET mail only. Is there a way in which this can be done in Exchange 2000 srv.? see these: http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/36/180489.aspx http://tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=473226 "cozierj" <cozierj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F9D669-AC55-4A82-ADBA-C0A7C0817C42@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , > while allowing > another set of users ...

Junk Mail in Outlook 2003
Is there not an option to have the Junk Mail folder emptied when you close Outlook 2003 on my Win XP Pro PC? No, you will have to manually empty it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Ivan Williams <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Is there not an option to have the Junk Mail folder | emptied when you close Outlook 2003 on my Win XP Pro PC? ...

Correction of my e-first e-mail : how to permanently customize the Default Folder option on Excel 2000 ?
Correction of my e-first e-mail : Good day dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. Please I need Your allways priceless advises. I'm working with Excel 2000 installed directly installed at the hard drive of my computer. I cannot permanently customize the Default Folder option in "Tools\Options\Default Folder\General". It works only during the current Windows session, a pc reboot would change again the Default Folder option to the former one. Is there any way to permanently customize the Default Folder option. Thank-You Octavio If you are working in a co...

How do I get e-mail addresses to be in hyperlink automatically
In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mail address or web site as I was preparing a letter and it would automatically put into a hyperlink mode. How do I do this with Windows 7? It has nothing to do with the version of Windows. What version of Word do you have? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Cyclone57" <Cyclone57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0E26C20-6C34-452F-A001-0F2BE2F50EBF@microsoft.com... > In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mai...

Contact Addresses 08-26-05
There should be a check box on the contact card to "always update address info with parent." Unless I am missing something, if one of our customers moves, I have a to manually go in and update EVERY single contact associated with that account. The check box applies so that outside sales people (or other not in the main office) will not be updated. At minimum there should be a button or menu option to copy parent account address. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion...

Separate E-mail
Hi! Sorry to be having so much trouble... I'm using Outlook 2003, and only one user on XP because that seems to be the only way to get our internet call waiting to work consistently. So I've tried to create two identies in Outlook so we can view our own e-mail accounts, like we used to have it under Outlook Express. I've created two "profiles" with the different e-mail accounts now, but no matter which one I click on, it downloads my husband's e-mail. I don't seem to be receiving e-mail that is actually to me. Usually I'm pretty good at figuring out a ne...

using e-mail templates
A group users wants apply an e-mail template with default texts. To achieve this I have made a massage with the standard texts and saved it as .oft. To apply the template the user has to choose: Tools - Forms - Choose form . and select in the dialogue window in the long list box `User template... (or something like that, I have a Dutch version)). This is not an user-friendly way. I can place a toolbar button with a hyperlink to the template, but still a choice must be made in the long list box. Is there a more user-friendly way to use a e-mail template? Thank you very much. Anne ...

email addresses in excel
How do I make email addresses in Excel open with Netscape 7 Messenger. I tried to run 'Set Programs and Defaults', selected Netscape 7 Messenger as my default mail client but it still uses Thunderbird (which was default prior to that) when I click on email link. I also restarted my computer to refresh the registry - it didn't work. Is this something I can configure in Excel or is this part of the XP OS settings. Thanks in advance Hi bluepuppet. Take a look at this site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "bluepuppet" wrote: >...

How to remove email addresses in another site from local global address list
For some reasons, the exchange5.5 server of another site had been installed and some email addresses in this site can't be removed by Directory Replication automaticlly from our local global address list. Do you think whether we can remove the email addresses in another site that has been remove from local global address list and how to do. .. In short - you can't. You will need to either create and delete them again on the remote site (if broke over 30 days) or remove / fix Dir-Rep. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrant...