Blocking A Domain using the Junk E-Mail Filter

Outlook 2003 has a very nice junk email filter.  In the
pull down you are able to 'Add Sender to Blocked Sender's
List' and you can 'Add Senders Domain to Safe Senders
List'.

There does not seem to be a way using the pull down to
quickly 'add the senders domain to the blocked senders
list'.  This is a large functionality gap from other anti-
spam programs.  The normality I have found is that if I
get spam from a domain I normally want to block the
entire domain not just that sender.

Does anyone know if it can be added or turned on in the
pull down?  You can manually add the sender and then edit
the list to include the entire domain but this is quite a
bit of work.

Regards
Rick
0
anonymous (74722)

Mail Merge and Postcards #3
I have designed a postcard with a layout of four to a page. I want to do a mail merge and have a different address for each postcard. But when I do a mail merge, I have one address for each page (four postcards). Is there a way to have one address for each postcard and not each page? Thank you for your help. Todd ...

publisher using wrong email client how to change default?
Ok - MS Pub 2007 is trying to send through windows mail I have switched to Windows Live mail. How do I tell publisher to use windows live mail and not windows mail? Robin1only wrote: > Ok - MS Pub 2007 is trying to send through windows mail I have > switched to Windows Live mail. How do I tell publisher to use > windows live mail and not windows mail? =================================== Have a look at the following articles: Windows Vista - Setting the Default Email Client http://tinyurl.com/2ygtyt or... http://freeemailtutorials.com/microsoftWindows/setDefaultEmailClientOnWi...

HELP: Need macro for excel to get data from server database and use results to populate an Access Database
Hi all, Is there a quick way to do a query on an SQL Server database and have the output put direct into an Access Database? I know how to do it by grabbing the records and then inserting each result one by one, but this takes forever to complete and I am after a quick solution, if it exists. Is anybody able to assist ? is it possible? Thanks in advance for any help! Regards Clint you could link to the SQL Server table(s) from Access, write a SELECT query to pull the records you want, and then turn the query into either an Append query to add the data to a native table in the Acces...

Custom Window Styles
I've created a custom control and would like to add some optional custom window styles. I can't seem to find any documentation that states what bits in the style DWORD (SetStyle(),GetStyle) are free to use. Does anyone happen to know where I can find this info? Thanks, Jeff "Jeff" <mullins.j@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139249990.467796.102030@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I've created a custom control and would like to add some optional > custom window styles. I can't seem to find any documentation that > states what bits in the style D...

creating xsd schema using database table details!!!!!!
Hi All, I have to create an xsd schema using table details as a input. Here I have table details and now I want to create an xml schema file from it. Please do let me know whether it is possible or not? Thanks in advanced, Deepak Still no reply..... :( -Deepak "deepakbadki" <deepak_badki@persistent.co.in> wrote in message news:udolhVCEGHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have to create an xsd schema using table details as a input. Here I have > table details and now I want to create an xml schema file from it. Please > do let me know wheth...

How do you write 2 lines of text in 1 cell rather than use 2 cells
I am using Excel 98 and want to know how to get 2 lines of text in 1 cell rather than space it out over 2 cells. See below for example if you dont get it..... This is what (cell no.1) I mean. (cell no. 2) I want to be (cell no.1) able to do this. (cell no.1) Please help.....thanks Type part, then Alt-Enter, then the rest. -- HTH Bob Phillips "!!!help!!!" <!!!help!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33CF64B2-E51F-4E8F-9680-1B495146C134@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel 98 and want to know how to get 2 ...

Outlook 2003 Routes mail incorrectly
Outlook 2003 has an issue routing inbound email. If an original email is received from a PoP3\SMTP account and is forwarded to an exchange user who does not have a POP3 \SMTP account, the email is still routed outside exchange and causes a failed delivery. This only happens in Outlook 2003. It does not happen if the message originates from Exchange. Exchange has a setting "If sent to: xxxx.com route to: Inbound". when you forward or reply to the message 2003 automatically chooses if it will route through Exchange or POP3\SMTP. and you can not change it even if you select the...

Mail Merge? 5 Colums
I have an excel spreadsheet with 2500 contacts that I am trying to tur into labels. I have the data in five colums, Name, Street, City, State Zip. Will this be a problem when attemting a mail merge. Thanks for th help -- tbuckma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tbuckman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2398 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37607 ok i figured that out, but when i save the word file it only saves th first page of about 200. Is there any way to fix this? Tha...

Microsoft Access can't send this e-mail message
I get the following error when using the SendObject method, trying to send an email using Outlook: "Microsoft Access can't send this e-mail message" Is this something to do with setting the references or is it some other problem? Regards, Jon "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in news:4023aae0$0$2143 $fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk: > I get the following error when using the SendObject method, trying to send > an email using Outlook: > > "Microsoft Access can't send this e-mail message" > > Is this something to do with s...

tab names are wrong when printing custom footers (using [&tab] )
I am printing alot of charts for one spreadsheet that contains many tabs. I would like each page printed to have the name of the tab, so I did the following: clicked -page setup, -header/footer --Custom Footer, i clicked on "& [Tab]" for the name of the tab to be printed on the footer for that page. I get additional (incorrect) information after the tab name. Is there a way to correct this other than manually keying in the name of the each tab into the custom footer section? Try using Excel's Detect and Repair feature under the Help menu. It sounds as ...

newfish's question:HOW TO make a sniffer using winsocket in vc++6.0 ?
Hey all, I need a sample about sniffer .any one could help me? please...~~ What do you mean by "a sniffer"? I have an idea what this kind of program does so perhaps it's more appropriate to ask what you are trying to sniff? Tom "feizx" <feizx@126.com> wrote in message news:uve3p3xjHHA.1776@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hey all, > I need a sample about sniffer .any one could help me? please...~~ > WireShark (formerly known as Ethereal) is an open source packet sniffer. Start there. joe On Sat, 5 May 2007 22:01:41 +0800, "feizx" <...

Use of SSL with Exchange 2003 webmail...
Are there any reasons why you would keep regular access to webmail open and not force people to use SSL? -Dewser Not if you are interested in security at all :-) -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Dewser" <triban@dewser.com> wrote in message news:1107184644.642571.172450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Are there any reasons why you would keep regular access to webmail open > and not force people to use SSL? > > -Dewser > No. ====== P.S. I pretend to get a special prize for the shortest answer in this newsgroup :) "Dewser" <triban@dewser.c...

Using Edit->Links->startup prompt
My workbook has a vlookup to an external file. I want to skip the user prompt when opening the file so that the update happens automatically. I expected this to be controlled by the setting in Edit->Links->Startup Prompt. But this setting is being ignored. The only setting that is working is in Tools->Options->Edit->Ask to update automatic links. But this setting would affect all files, which I don't want. So how do I utilize the feature Edit->Links->Startup Prompt?? This is one of those settings that the end user has more control over than the developer. If ...

Can a new e-mail message event wake up a monitor?
When my laptop is running on battery, I have the screen set to go blank in 1 minute. This tremendously lengthens the amount of operation I can get from a full charge. However, I find myself quite often sliding my finger across the touch pad to wake up the screen so I can check to see if I have any new e- mail. It would be really cool if an Outlook add-in existed which would wake up your screen automatically when you receive a new e-mail. Does anyone know if such a tool exists? afaik, there is no such tool. why not turn on sound so you can hear it arrive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outloo...

Replying to emails sent to Public folders using OWA
Environment: Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 I have created mail-enabled public folders that outside users send mail to using the folders email address. When I use OWA to view these emails, they show up as postings and I can only "POST" a reply, not reply back to the sender directly. I don't see a tool button or anything to allow me to do this in the OWA interface. Also, I would like to know if OWA has a FROM field so I can reply back to user's as the folders email address. Is any of this possible using OWA or is it that limited? Let me know. Thank. philmaz@optonline.net ...

Global message en every outgoing mail
Hi, How can I put a global message en every outgoing mail? Thx. There are lots of products out there. These are popular products: www.exclaimer.com http://www.gfi.com/mes/ Nue "HDI" <hdinf@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1150719737.660041.5570@r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How can I put a global message en every outgoing mail? > > Thx. > ...

App hanging
I have an app which is making rapid use of (multithreaded) MySQL inserts/selects. Even though I put almost all of the data processing into a worker thread (apart from the main GUI - an MDI app), I enter situations into which the enter application seems to just lock up - and it greatly slows down my entire computer. Eventually, I can open up Task Manager and see that my app is taking up almost 100% CPU. This is despite the fact that I have the worker thread set to THREAD_PRIORITY_LOWEST. My thought now was to look into a code profiler that would tell me where my code is seemingly stuck in f...

SMTP Server Blocked, Incoming External Email Not Arriving
Hello Newsgroup, We've had this problem happen twice in two weeks: No incoming external email is being delivered. Senders do not receive NDRs. In Current Sessions of our Default SMTP Virtual Server, there are 500 items (which happens to be the default limit). The sessions all go to the same domain name, which I'll call "domain", and I'll call their IP "xx.xx.xx.xx" They are listed as such: User From Connected Time mail1014.mail.domain.com xx.xx.xx.14 267281 seconds ...

Using IF & AND command in conjunction
I have a sales incentive grid with tenure of loan on one axis & loan size on another axis. For e.g., for a loan size between $6000 to $9999 at a tenor of 24 months, teh incentive payable is $24 whereas for a loan size between $10000 to &19999 at a tenor of 36 months, the incentive payable is $65. There are a total of 7 loan bands on one axis and 5 tenor bands on the other axis. How do i create a formula so that excel picks the correct incentive amount depending upon the loan amount and tenor combination. Its so confusing. Pls help.. =INDEX(B2:M20,MATCH(tenure,A2:A20,0),MATCH(l...

Configuring Exchange SBS to use smart host
I've been having a hard time emailing a few domains from my network and one of the remote domains admins told me that they don't accept mail from private organizations hosting their own email and that I should use my ISP's smtp server. 2 questions: 1. How does the remote domain know that I'm a private company hosting my own email? 2. How do I configure to use a smart host (I have the fqdn of the smtp server) with the use of a username and password for outbound? (I suppose I use the same credentials that I used like when we used a pop client). thanks. Hi .. 1) Have no...

Cannot Receive POP3 Mail
I have my own domain that I use as a POP3 e-mail account. I am able to send e-mail, but not receive. I get Error Number 0x800ccc90. My Outlook was working fine until today. (On Friday, when I last used my computer, I was prompted once for my password when I used Outlook. I thought this was strange, however, it worked fine after that. Otherwise, I haven't done anything different to my computer.) Any suggestions? it could be server problems and it'll go away... does the error say anything other than the number? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Out...

New free mail add-in for Excel/Outlook 2007-2010
Posted to more then one newsgroup FYI Today I upload a new version of my Excel Mail add-in for Outlook. If you want to test it you can find it here http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Let me know if you have problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

use pull down menu to select a picture
I use the Combo Box pull down menu buttons a lot. I click on the Box, select an item from the list and the relevant data pops up as expected. How can I make a picture pop up when I select an item from the Combo Box List? please advise use Eccel 2003 Hi Skonnoth, See if you can pass this code to your combo box to activate the form and pictures pop up. http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=46010&lngWId=1 "Skonnoth" wrote: > I use the Combo Box pull down menu buttons a lot. > I click on the Box, select an item from the list and the re...

Publisher 2003 newsletter to pdf using pdf995
Anyone used PDF995 to convert a Publisher newsletter from ..pub to .pdf format? I don't know either program and I know I'm doing something stupid but I can't get from the xxxx.pub to the xxxx.pdf format using the PDF995 free program. I can open the xxxx.pub file in Publisher and it looks fine. How do I get or what do I select to print to the PDF995 printer? When I try to save as, yyyy.pdf.... a yyyy.pdf.pub file is created. Is there a newsgroup or anywhere out on the web that explains how this works? I've tried to send email to the pdf995 support people but am not gettin...

Can we use the datediff function and put the answer in a cell?
what we want to do is return the difference of this function into a cell in a table, can we do it? On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:34:01 -0800, timmone <timmone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Yes, but you shouldn't. Because that would violate an important relational database design principle that says "no calculated fields in the database". Rather you would calculate the value on the fly in a query: select DateDiff("d", myStartDate, myEndDate) as DaysBetween from myTable -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >what we want to do is return the difference o...