blocked attachments #14

I want to allow *.mdb attachments from a safe sender.
Can I do this on my computer without having them go
through the extra steps of zipping or renaming the file?
I have read all the help articles I can find, but so far
can only see how to add file types to blocked senders,
not remove them.  I think the user should have control of
this - how can I give Microsoft feedback?
0
anonymous (74722)

The user HAD control of this and Outlook got  the reputation as a petri
dish.  Microsoft took it away and the rep has slowly gone away.

However, to your situation, you need to post your version of Outlook in
order to figure out what your options are and whether you are in an Exchange
environment.  You can have a look at this page -
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm in the meantime.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Sammy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| I want to allow *.mdb attachments from a safe sender.
| Can I do this on my computer without having them go
| through the extra steps of zipping or renaming the file?
| I have read all the help articles I can find, but so far
| can only see how to add file types to blocked senders,
| not remove them.  I think the user should have control of
| this - how can I give Microsoft feedback?

0
MillyS4407 (663)

attachments sent as .dat files
I have Office 2000 Professional on a laptop running Windows XP Professional. I am connected to a LAN and whenever I send an attachment such as a Word or Excel file to an external address, all they receive is a .dat file which they cannot open. If I send the same file to the same address using another destop PC (running Windows 2000) on the same network, attachments are sent and received correctly. Can anyone help? Thanks, ID Change your message format to plain text or html and consider disabling using Word as your e-mail editor. (All done under tools | options | mail format) -- Neo...

Outlook 2003 Auto Forward Rules do not forward Attachment Correctly
I am having trouble with Outlook 2003. I have rule that is setup on a general mailbox that auto-forwards anything coming in to a distribution group. When a messages is forwarded to this mailbox the attachments on the message are just a blank new email form (64kb) and not the original attachment. If the rule is turned off then the attachment is viewable. If anyone has any insight, pleae let me know. ...

how do i download attachments with office 2003
i have uopgraded to office 2003 and cannot download any email attachments? See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "rollo" <rollo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF9E8BE-ECF2-4B66-8DED-992C16DA5B0D@microsoft.com... >i have uopgraded to office 2003 and cannot download any email attachments? ...

how do I open an excel spreadsheet attachment from microsoft word?
I received an email with an attachment that is an excel spreadsheet. My computer is coming up with a message to get program from online. I go to the website and click on microsoft excel and download, but I still can not open the attachment. What am I doing wrong, and how do I open this attachment, without having to tell my customer to send it to me as a word document? There is an Excel Viewer, a free download which will enable you to open Excel files, available from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details/aspx Also, you could think about Openoffice - I can't find a suita...

delete "Blocked Senders"
Will someone please tell me how, in Outlook Express 6, (Win98) to remove all the many entries in the "Blocked Senders" list rather than doing it manually, ONE at a time? -- ----- http://mypage.direct.ca/l/laninga WWW's largest supplier of Diamond Willow Sticks and MUCH more! Ken Laninga This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inete...

unable to insert attachments
All of a sudden I can't seem to create a jpeg attachment. It tries to insert it into the body of the e-mail and not in the old attachment line. Unfortunately, the photo does not appear in the sent mail. has anyone else had this issue? ...

Faxing attachments in SBS CRM 3.0
Someone please help me. I can't figure out how to get my faxes to go in CRM. I create a fax activity, fill in the necessary information, save the fax, attach the attachment document, and go to send it. I get an error "Unexpected Error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator." Now, if I send a fax the SBS CRM without an attachment, it works fine. I read the documentation on types of files that will work. I have tried sending .doc, .xls, .tif, .pdf, .jpg, none of them work. The only ones that I can get to work are faxes that I have re...

Email Attachment Won't Open
I am trying to send a word document as an attachment, but the receiver can not open the file. Any ideas or suggestions? emery ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ >I am trying to send a word document as an attachment, but the receiver >can not open the file. Any ideas or suggestions? Have him or her install the application you used to create the attachment. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapi...

Attachment size limits #2
I have a Exchange2003 Server - Version 6.5 (Build 7226.6 Service Pack 1). Every time I try to send an message with a 10MB attachment file its delevery is being refused and sent back. I get the following text in the NDR: "...This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again...." I changed all the limits I found but the message insn't delivered. How can I change this limitation? ...

cannot send attachments #2
I also suddenly cannot send attachments - probably about 3 weeks now - my ISP says it is an Outlook problem. Anyone know what is oging on? What version of Outlook, including the number? TOOLS | HELP | ABOUT MICROSOFT OUTLOOK Have you updated lately? Do you get any errors or messages? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "klk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044701c3975f$ccc8b9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... I also suddenly cannot send attachments - probably about 3 weeks now - my ISP says it is an Outlook problem. Anyone know what is oging on? ...

Outlook attachment order
Hi I'm having a problem with the order of the attachments I add to new emails. I create a new email and go to insert - file. Then I select a number of attachments and click insert. So far so good. The attachments show up, but the attachment that was at the end of my selection always appears as the first attachment. The rest of them are in the correct order. This happens every time i do this, no matter how many I choose. I tried this from a few other computers as well as a terminal server I'm accessing, and this behaviour is the same everywhere. Changing the mail format didn't cha...

outlook 2003 freezes when clicking on the paper clip to add an attachment when creating a new mail
Report says there is a winword error so I unchecked Word 2003 as mail editor and outlook works fine. Is this bug well known? Best regards, XL What service pack level is Office System 2003 at? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Zazou asked: | Report says there is a winword error so I unchecked Word 2003 as mail | editor and outlook works fine. | | Is this bug well known? | | Be...

Forward as attachment the operation fails
When I click "Forward as Attachment" from within an email, I get a pop-up saying the Operation Failed. If I open a new email and drag and drop an email on to it, I can then send it as an attachment. We are using Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007 CCR SP2. ...

Outlook 2003 messages w/ large attachments
I have a couple of users that use POP3 mail and when they send a msg with a large attachment, the msg is sent multiple times and the msg never moves to the sent box. What could be the issue? I have had them make sure that they are not set to automatically send and recieve so there should not be an issue of the msg being sent again before it is sent the first time. I have also had them disable any virus scan of outgoing e-mail to see if this is an issue and neither of these seems to resolve the issue. Anyone else had this one? Oh, all updates have been installed, to XP Pro and to O...

Outlook should check message text for reference to attachments
It is often embarrassing to find after you have sent an important message that you have forgotten to attach the files that you referred to in the message. As attachments are often referred to in the body of the message e.g. "please find attached...", Outlook could check for certain words "attached, attachment, enclosed... etc" when the send button is pressed and then show a reminder if these words are in the message but no files have been attached. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with...

connection filtering to use Realtime Block Lists (RBLs)
I want to setup connection filtering to use Realtime Block Lists (RBLs) on my Exchange 2003 server. do I need to subscribe to a RBL provider to use them? Many RBLs are free (if you're not replicating the zone to your local DNS server. Here's a list: http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Internet/Abuse/Spam/Blacklists/ -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161182942.245628.160190@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups...

How do I receive extra large attachments for Outlook?
Hi there, when I receive an attachment that is 3000kb, it is really bogging down my system. I cannot receive any other emails during this time. Thanks Increase your server timeout - 3 mb of data takes as long as your connection allows. You cannot increase or decrease the time it takes. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "David_0320" <David0320@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Attachment Mailing Alert
Exchange server 2003 with Outlook 2000 clients. Is it possible to have an alert message sent to one or more clients whenever a certain file type is sent to or received from an external address as an attachment. I am trying to control the sending and receiving of drawing files. TIA Phil ...

how can i open an e mail with attached file that ends with xls
hello i got an e mail with attached file that ends with xls and i cant open Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on the computer you are using to open the attachment? -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "ganymede" wrote: > hello i got an e mail with attached file that ends with xls and i cant open ...

Attachment field has disappeared
hi, When sending a message using outlook i used to have a field under From: and To: which appeared every time i wanted to send an attachment (called Attachment: )and all of my attachments were imbedded in this space. However this has now disappeared and the attachments are imbedding themselves in the main text of my message. How do i stop this? I want them back in the attachment field again! Tools>Options>Mail Format and change your format to anything but Rich Text "Clara" <clara.nolan@ucd.ie> wrote in message news:06ba01c3505d$01553d90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > h...

Blocked Senders
Why is it that my questions are never answered and don't seem to appear here? I am unable to unblock senders. I have tried from the website and within Windows Live Mail all to no avail. After a short period of time they always reappear! Please help! Pretty please. Thank you. On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:05:30 -0700, Bruce3e <Bruce3e@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why is it that my questions are never answered Yes they are. >and don't seem to appear here? Yes, they do. Perhaps because you're using a crappy web interface? From: Bruce3e <...

Send as an attachment
We have 3 Windows 2003 Server running Terminal Server with Office XP standard (also know as Office 2002). We are running Exhcange 5.5 sp4 on a seperate NT 4.0 sp6a server. Our users no longer have the option "send to Mail recipient as an attachmnet". No new software has been installed or changed. The only thing I can think of that does any updates is the Windows System Update program. It updates when updates are available. It first started off for only a few people but as of Monday, No one has the option except users with administrator rights. Any and all help will be appr...

attachments #32
I cannot get any attachments anymore, it says OE hgas removed them when I try to open them. What can I do to reverse this? Look here for help and more info on this subject: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:075a01c3ad73$bfb74850$a301280a@phx.gbl, jenny wrote: > I cannot get any attachments anymore, it says OE hgas > removed them when I try to open them. What can I do to > reverse this? Hey J...

Cannot open the envelop as a form of attachment in an email
I tried to doubl-click the attachment with my email in a form of envelop icon but it won't open. Any idea, thanks in advance. I have MS Outlook 2003. If you have the Google Desktop thing installed, uninstall it to see if the functionality returns. "tobyone" <toblam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eQyh7a5NIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I tried to doubl-click the attachment with my email in a form of envelop >icon but it won't open. Any idea, thanks in advance. I have MS Outlook >2003. > ...

How to print contacts with attachment
I need to print contacts via CRM. Every contact I have in the system has a Document attached in the notes area. When I click the print button I need it to print the contact information and the Document with it. For the sake of simplicity I need this to only be one operation. Thank you for any thoughs on this matter:) Hi Kaja, I'm pretty sure there isn't a solution on the market that would help with this. One option might be to get a .net programmer to write a peice of code to pull the two contents together - suspect this will be cumbersome. Another way of thinking about this - why...