Blocked and safe senders file in Outlook 2003

Hi,

I am wondering where outlook 2003 saves the address that
you add to the safe sender/recipient and blocked sender
list. Outlook XP saved the junk senders in a file
called "Junk senders" in C:\Documents and
Settings\my_id\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

I used to backup that file, so I would like to know where
Outlook keeps the file now.

Thank you
0
anonymous (74722)

The lists are kept in binary values in the Windows registry and also
in a hidden item in the mail store (mailbox or PST file). Both lists
are kept in one multivalued property although no one has decoded it
yet, the bits also seem to be binary. In the registry you can view the
settings since although a binary value the text is Unicode. So if you
open the Modify dialog for the values you see the underlying text.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"JeePee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering where outlook 2003 saves the address that
> you add to the safe sender/recipient and blocked sender
> list. Outlook XP saved the junk senders in a file
> called "Junk senders" in C:\Documents and
> Settings\my_id\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
>
> I used to backup that file, so I would like to know where
> Outlook keeps the file now.
>
> Thank you

0
kenslovak (742)
2/3/2004 2:19:41 PM
Thanks for the answer.
Damn Microsoft, I hate it when they start to write more
and more thing in the registry...

JP

Outlook 2003
>Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options
>http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

>"JeePee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am wondering where outlook 2003 saves the address
that
>> you add to the safe sender/recipient and blocked sender
>> list. Outlook XP saved the junk senders in a file
>> called "Junk senders" in C:\Documents and
>> Settings\my_id\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
>>
>> I used to backup that file, so I would like to know
where
>> Outlook keeps the file now.
>>
>> Thank you
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Maximum file sizes

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

File size #11

find action on log file

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error