Blank Subject Line Rule

Hi,

Can somebody please tell me if I can setup a rule in Microsoft Outlook to
move all messages with nothing in their subject line to a specific foloder?

Thanks in advance.

Rabih

0
Rabih (3)

I third that.

"Bill T. Ray" <billray@NOSPAM.edu> wrote in message
> I think many of us would be interested in this also.
>
> Bill T. Ray
>
> "Rabih Najib" <Rabih@AlphaCorporation.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can somebody please tell me if I can setup a rule in Microsoft Outlook
> > move all messages with nothing in their subject line to a specific
> foloder?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Rabih

Subject based filtering of DSN messages
I can't make this work for the vast majority of the DSN messages we get (message undeliverable and such). I have setup rules to filter the different bounce messages that I see in subject lines and some of them work fine. Most do not. The messages the come from postfix (for instance) have mime-encoded notification messages, split in several parts. I've tried matching the Subject: line I end up seeing in Outlook and the subject line that is in the internet headers of the message, which is not what outlook shows me. I think exchange 2003 is recognizing these messages and try...

Reply rule doesn't work consistantly
I've got an Outlook 2003 client and we are trying to setup a rule to emulate the Out of Office Assistant. I've setup a rule that is supposed to send reply with a template if the sender is from a list of contacts that I've chosen. It isn't working as expected. The first time I tried it, I entered only one (internet) email address which worked perfectly. If I add any addresses to that list, it doesn't work anymore - the reply is not sent. I know that it can reply to internet email addresses, since it worked that one time, but I can't figure out why it won't work when...

unwanted blank pages in document
Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. Do I have any way of accessing them? Is it set up as a booklet? -- Don Vancouver, USA "PhysWhiz" <PhysWhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58DB94F-8C81-48C8-B7B9-E55EC0BEF593@microsoft.com... > Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank > pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. > Do I have any way of accessin...

Insert Blank Line and Sort
------------liX6Lxsnq7Ovs6LAASpU5y Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Within a worksheet I have an example of data below consisting of four columns. I need to put a blank line in between the Racecourse (where they change) and after do a sort on Rating (high to low). Is it possible? I could do it with a macro, but am unable to fathom out how to deal with a differing number of horses at each racecourse. Time Racecourse Horse Rating 04:30:00 SANDOWN Dare To Dance 0.261 04:30:00 SANDOWN Garud 0.153 04:30:00 SANDOWN Wes...

multiple-line
Hi, how I can specify working of fields so that it is posted multiple-line in a form MSCRM3.0 Thanck you. Hi Ahmed, If your field's data type is nvarchar and Format is Text or Text Area than it can be expanded on multiple lines. In customization of that form, in Field Properties of that field, on Formatting tab there is an option of Row Layout. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi, > how I can specify working of fields so that it is ...

How blank space on cell edges?
Have 8pt text wrapped in a cell. Looks fine on the screen but when I print the text is bleeding over the cell edges just a bit. Is there a setting to put more blank space on the edges of a cell so this will not happen? ...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them
Hi, i have a list that looks like this 22 43 22 41 ... I need the list to be together 22 43 22 41 ... However i can't use a macro or something to delete the entire ro because other worksheets are related to the cells, so when i delte th row, the #ref thing apears, somebody know a formula or something tha can help me? Thanks a lo -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 You could fi...

Color Break in Line Charts?
I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. In the projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes from actual to projected. Is there a way to make the line or the x-axis change colors at the point that the date does so (i.e., have the line turn green halfway through the chart)? Thank you in advance. On Oct 23, 8:39=A0am, Mr. Platypus <MrPlaty...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. =A0In the > projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes fr= om...

Show gridlines only prints every other line
Every time I try to print a document in Excel 2003 and use the show gridlines feature, it only prints the lines every other line. It will print a line then skip one and then print a line and so on. Does anybody have an idea what is causing this, or how to fix it. Appreciate any assistance, Jason ...

Outlook 2003 and Rules
I'm currently using outlook 2003 hooked to an exchange server (SBS 2003) and would like to create a rule that is processed when the mail is read. I thought in previous version this was possible. I need all email to go to the inbox when it comes in, and once read get moved to other folders. Is there a way to do this in 2003? -- Thanks Wayne Sepega Jacksonville, Fl "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein The same way in wh...

Incoming Outlook Rules with Exchange Server
Hi, Please could some one help me out with this. I have exchange server hosting multiple SMTP domains. Eg each user will have: bob@domain1.com bob@domain2.com bob@domain3.com All I am trying to accoplish is an incoming mail rule that moves all mail from domain1.com to folderA, domain2.com to folderB. But because exchange doesn't show outlook the SMTP Address the mail was received on the Rules cant work. Something that is so easily configured with a POP account is a real pain on exchange. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You Have you tried modifying to rule to work off th...

How write blank cells as the criteria "URGENT"
I have learned how to count cells with data according to criteria, bu now part of my criteria is cells that are empty and I don't know how t write. {=SUM((D1:D81="0_F")*(J1:J81="I"))} In the illustration above I need to count the cells that are blank i Column D AND I in Column J I thought this is how I would write it, but it doesn't work. {=SUM((D1:D81=" ")*(J1:J81="I"))} Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How about {=SUM((D1:D81="")*(J1:J81="I"))} ? jeff >-----Original Message-...

Blank DVD disc not recognised by PC
I have started having problems with blank DVD discs not being recognised. The message I get is ' H:\ is not accessible - incorrect function I have tried Sony, Philps, HP and Memorex discs. In caser it was a hardware problem, I bought a new DVD rerwriter but still have same problem. Disc's with information on read OK. I am using XP Professional on my PC I tried these discs in my laptop and they read OK. Any suggestions would be appreciated On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 03:56:06 -0700, gromit <gromit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have started having problems ...

excel grid lines over lapping the text
Closer to the bottom of a printed Excel spread sheet the text is moving into the lines. I cannot tell if the grid or the text is moving. I am a printer technician for HP and I have looked at the printer and it is OK. The driver has been updated also. Can anyone else? I won't bore you with the standard 'Update the Printer Driver' answer, because if anyone's got the latest then you have :-) I did try a Google on it, and found practically zip on solutions for this, other than one suggestion from Nick, that you may want to give a go:- >>I doubt Excel and strange though it ...

Vertical line isn't vertical!
Hi All - I need to insert a 'dynamic' vertical line into a line-chart -- the line will separate the Past from the Future. After some searching, I found Jon Peltier's site, which had some really good information on it ...... but I just can't get it work! Right now, the vertical line is in the correct spot and 'moves' properly -- but the line isn't quite horizontal, more of an 85deg angle (like this: / ). The vertical line is definitely setup as an XY scatter connected with a line (no markers). What am I doing wrong? Or did I miss a step? Thanks, Ray Hello ag...

Breaking up the hi-lo series line?
This question is only tangentially about charting, but came up as a result of my charting project so I hope it's ok to post this here. I have a table of data that is used to create a VHLC stock chart. The series of hi-lo has a line which connects all the way across the chart. I want to insert dates in my table that will break up that line so that it shows a space on weekends/holidays (ie I only want the line to show one trade dates. My problem is that my data table only consosts of trade dates. My thought is to go through the table after it is created and check for concurrent dates, i...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

How to create a certain rule??
How can I create a rule that every time a users sends an email it also sends a copy of that email to another users inbox? I tried using the RULES wizzard but that didnt seem to help. Im also not sure if this is done on the Exchange server. User has OFFICE XP - 2002 You already posted this in the outlook.general group were I've answered it. Do not multi-post but simply address more than one (if relevant) newsgroup in a single post -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the mo...

Record data on two lines
Sorry about repeating the post but I think I messed up the first one yeaterday! I am receiving a spreadsheet from an agency with record information on two lines. Example: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2 Line 3 blank Record 2: A4, B4, C4, D4, A5, B5, C5 There are over 100 records like this. They claim they can't fix it... It originates from a Crystal Report. How can I change the data so each record is on one line: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 Record 2: A2, B2, .......................G2 Thanks for any help! Dan A simple way is to 1) select all of the data fields. 2) Cli...

I do not want Excel on-screen lines to print
I am using Office 2007. I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the on-screen guide lines print. How do I keep the lines on screen but not print them? In Excel: File | Page Setup | Sheet and uncheck Print Gridlines best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "MAB" <MAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB5E7ED4-80DB-4BD6-9331-74CD884B9EF8@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2007. I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the > on-screen guide lines print. How do I keep the lines on screen but not > print &...

Rule to distribute sent mail
I have 3 mail accounts and I want one (or more) rules like this: Apply the rule after I send the message Through the _specified_ account Move it to the _specified_ folder and mark it as read The problem is that the only option I see, in the Rules wizard, is "move a copy". Furthermore, when I use that option, just to test the rule, the message that was copied to the _specified_ folder looks unread. That's why in my rule I want to add the option "and mark it as read". Any ideas? (Vista Home Premium - Office 2007 Pro) -- Please remove hyphens to contact me ----- ...

how do I create a chart on two axes with stacked columns and line
I am struggling to create a chart that combines stacked columns on one X axis with a line on a second axis. Both are available as standard charts. Hi, Create the stacked column chart with all of your data. Select the data series you want to plot as a line on the secondary axis. Change the chart type to line. And then on the format dialog change the axis to the secondary. Cheers Andy ian ian ian rogers wrote: > I am struggling to create a chart that combines stacked columns on one X axis > with a line on a second axis. Both are available as standard charts. -- Andy Pope, Microso...

Creating a "step" effect with line graphs
I have a graph that charts a velocity over time. As the velocity decreases I want to display the maximum integer velocity possible (without going over) at that time. The problem is that I would like to have the integer values displayed without diagonal lines (can't have fractional parts of a whole number). I know there is a way to do it (a friend did this once, but can't remember how). Can anyone think of how to do this? Code: -------------------- +-----------+-------+-----+ | Date | Vel | Int | +-----------+-------+-----+ | 13-Jan-04 | 24.58 | 24 | | 14-Jan-04 ...

copy an intial cells contents into the next series of blank cells in a column
When doing a pivot table, the data in a column might have the initial cell inditifer, such as a date and the remaining cells if they have the same date will be blank. I know there is a process that you can highlight the cells in a range and have copied the initial cell into the next suceeding blank cells, I just don't remember the sequence of steps to get there. can anybod help? Select the column with data. F5>Special>Blanks>OK Type an = sign in active blank cell. Arrow or point to cell above. CTRL + Enter to fill all blanks with value from above. Gord Dibben MS Excel MV...