Birthdays appearing as Multi-day event

I've got a problem with Birthdays in Outlook 2003. They used to appear
as an all day event with the age at that birthday in brackets next to
the name. Now it appears as a multi-day event.

Why has this happened and how can I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Will

0
wgodwin (1)

Will <wgodwin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a problem with Birthdays in Outlook 2003. They used to appear
> as an all day event with the age at that birthday in brackets next to
> the name.

Outlook can't do that.  Pocket Outlook on a Windows Mobile PDA can, however.

> Now it appears as a multi-day event.

The most likely cause of this is a mismatch in the time zone and/or daylight
saving settings between Windows' clock and Outlook's Calendar options.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Making a set value appear in a cell
Hi, I'm new to excel, I apologize if this question is too basic. I work for an accountant, and I have to enter an account purpose and the account number for that purpose in a cell right next to it. Is there any way to enter the purpose and make the set value of the account number appear next to it automatically? For example if I enter ABC for purpose, can I make a (fake) account number of 50-5025-02 appear next to it automatically? And the same goes for other purposes and their respective account numbers. You can do this using a VLOOKUP formula. First you would need to set up a...

Envelope Icon no longer appears
Envelope Icon in bottom right hand corner doesn't appear anymore even though it is checked off in Advanced Email Options. Lori <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Envelope Icon in bottom right hand corner doesn't appear > anymore even though it is checked off in Advanced Email > Options. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292034 -- Brian Tillman As mentioned - it is already checked off just as described in solution >-----Original Message----- >Lori <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> Envelope Icon in bottom right hand...

Open event
I have a workbook wih a template worksheet. So user can copy the template sheet and fill in data. So, the number of worksheets is dynamic. What I'd like to do is imposing a default to each of the worksheet when the workbook is opened, except for the template. Is there any 'Open' event in worksheet or it's only in workbook ? So, if it's only available in workbook, is the code below correct ? Any suggestion ? Thanks Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim wksheet as Worksheet For Each wksheet In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If wksheet.Name <> "Tem...

number of days in a month
Hi Is it possible to create a formula that would automayically insert the number of days in the current or previous month. At present I am having to manually insert the number into the formula, an axample below, month is where I want the number inserting: =SUM(D61*37.5)/7.5*month For the current month: =DAY(EOMONTH(NOW(),0)) For the previous month: =DAY(EOMONTH(NOW(),-1)) These require the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Boenerge" <Boenerge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1897BE99-1EDC-4B54-ACEA-95D43B68CE66@micr...

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

Turning off chart events
Does anyone know of a way to turn off Chart Object events, much like you can with Application Events? Roy Berger ...

Email to appear on Invoice?
Any help on adding the customer email to appear on the invoice along with the customer address, etc.?? Thanks in advance... HI ZCSF, There is Receipt with Customer info.xml is available and I am attaching in this reply please rate me. Copy and past the code to Receipt with Customer Info.xml file using notepad and then go to Admin program and attach the receipt layout to the receipt format. in the below there is SUB procedure ShowCustomerAddress where you can add the email address see it it shows you customer address. I think i won't able to attach you layout because the size of n...

"Send on behalf of" does not appear on emails
I have set up the permissions to let users send email on behalf of another mailbox. The users are able to send emails that come from the specified mailbox by putting the mailbox name in the "from" field, however, the emails just look like they came from that sender, they do not say from xxx on behalf of xxx. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks, Michael Collins MedtronSoftware 2 possibilities; 1) The users have Send As permissions on the Active Directory object 2) The mailclient you are sending it to doesn't support displaying "On Behalf Of" -- Robert Spa...

Event ID 9548
When an employee leaves the company we disable the users NT account and hide the user from the Exchange Address book. We wait several months and then delete the account. This worked fine with Exchange 5.5 but it is causing several problems with Exchange 2003. 1. Each disabled account is generating event log errors on the Exchange Server: Event ID: 9548 Disabled user {user name} does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. 2. In Exchange 5.5 System Manager you could select View - Hidden Recip...

MSExchangeIS Private = Event ID =1016
how can I user that doesn't have Admin privilege can get into somebody else's mailbox and read it?. I get this "Success Audit" with the event ID 1016. What does this mean? is he reading anybody elses emails? If true, how can I stop it. thx they may have delegate access on a boss' calendar or something like that... "Jose Perez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025b01c3d6fa$02195ad0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can I user that doesn't have Admin privilege can get > into somebody else's mailbox and read it?. I get &...

Days, Hours and minutes
Hello, I currently have a lump of data that is reporting back to me a 10 digit number. I have no idea where the number started (When) but I do know that the increments are in seconds. If I can set a point that I know to be a time I know say, 10:30am, how can I work out the other data stamps I have? I would like the 10 digit data to be converted to date and time if possible. Does that make any sense to anyone? Andrew Try dividing by 86400 and formatting as dd/mm/yyy hh:mm:ss -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "@...

MSFTPSVC Event ID 100
Recently error message stating "The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account "admin" due to the following error: Logon failure. Reading the information in the Newsgroup someone is trying to hack into my system. This is happening on my Exchange 2003 server. Do I need the FTP services running in IIS for my Exchange server to funtion properly? No you do not need FTP for Exchange. Nue "fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A7244A3-AB5E-48ED-A6C1-42AC9D17DDA6@microsoft.com... > Recently error message stating "The...

mouse events
hi , I have to dialog that have a title bar and I have to do something when pressing on the left button of the mouse, up to now every thing is ok, I've used the event "OnNcLButtonDown", and I want to do another thing when releasing the left button, and it's easy as I thought, I've used the event "OnNcLButtonUp", but the surprise was that this event is not raised when releasing the button, the second surprise was that this event is fired when releasing the button after double-clicking the title bar. so if u have any answer please tell me. thank you all. <eng...

How can I trigger the events in Outlook from Contacts List
Hello Everybody, Can you please suggest me on how to trigger the events/procedure that were written in VBScript and placed in a customised outloo contact form when user enters/modifies the information from Contac List (these should be triggered as they do trigger from normal contac form). Please note that the customised contact form was made as the defaul form in Outlook -- Satish Boddapati See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Ou...

Multi language application
Hello, I would like to know if there is any method to create an app (without 16- bits unicode) to be translated later in different language (including language with non us-ascii) - I'm quiet alergic to unicode 16bits but i'm ready to work a lot with UTF8 - I also have in an app a window that can display many messages in english-french-german-japanese-chinese-korean ... And i would like to know if there is a way to display each message (one after the other) in a correct format (all source is in utf8) - It's a classic CEdit control Thanks PS : sorry if i...

Trouble sending and deleting files every day!
I currently am using Outook Express with Windows ME and symantec anti-virus installed yet consistenly have problems when attempting to send or delete emails. I receive alot of spam emails which are deleted, then I find I cannot send emails (error indicates no socket problem) and/or cannot delete emails received...I have to shut down my system and reboot in order to send/delete. But this continues again. Anyone have any idea what might be the problem and how to correct it? Your help would be greatly appreciated as this drive me nuts, every day the same thing.....no viruses or worms show...

Event Id: 9646
I am getting this on our Exchange 2003 SP1 server: mapi session "/O-ourcompany/ou=exchenv01/cn=recipients/cn=userid" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session" I think that this might have something to do with a PDA--any help is appreciated as somedays I get it quite a bit for different users. Thanks. On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:12:06 -0700, thor71717 <thor71717@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am getting this on our Exchange 2003 SP1 server: > >mapi session "/O-ourcompany/ou=exchenv01/cn=recipients/cn=userid" exceeded >the maxim...

How to make a record appear as the top record on the screen?
I have a small program that appends data to a table sorted by date. Prior to appending, I store the record count to a variable via a recorset's recordcount property. At the end of the program, I open the sorted table and go to the record with today's date, ie. the first record I added today with the following statements: DoCmd.OpenTable "Adj_Mstr", acViewNormal, acEdit DoCmd.GoToRecord acTable, "Adj_Mstr", acGoTo, intRecCount This takes me to the desired record. How can I make that record the top record on the screen using VBA? Right n...

Event ID 8232
I run a number of global calenders in my Exchnage Server 2003 Enterprise edition running on service Pack 2. It seems once a week it generates over a hundred error messages similar to the below Event Source - EXCDO Event Category - General Event ID 8232. With the following text ' The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Subject" in public folder: S10 failed with error code 0x8004010f. Any idea what causes this and how i would go about stopping it ? ...

Anniversary/Event vs. Appointment
I don't see how to create anniversaries and holidays and such, as opposed to, appointments and making them last all day. Doing the latter displays as a two day appointment on some calendars. ...

Automatically setting the value of uomid with OnLoad event
I would like to automatically set the value of uomid on the OrderProducts form OnLOad event. I used this technique to auto populate the Pricelist field on the order form. It works great. Using the similar jscript code for uomid, nothing happens: //set uomid with Form Onload event var oField = crmForm.all.uomid; if(!oField.DataValue) { var aoItems = new Array(); aoItems[0] = new LookupControlItem ("{F2B4D4E2-032E-DB11-B4C2-001372F61C5C}”,1055, "Each"); oField.DataValue = aoItems; } It looks like the signature of LookupControlItem for uomid is different. Can anyone help? ...

Event Sink help
I have had a problem getting into exchange explorer and everything I have tried has failed, see end of here for info on old problem. Seens I can;t get this to work I was hopeing to get some help on the cscript event sink manually. Here are the details. I have a users mailbox with a folder called metadata that I want to add a script to (I already have the script). The script should run each time a new item is placed in that folder. Can someone help me with the syntax, so far I have: - cscript RegEvent.vbs add "onsyncsave" Exoledb.ScriptEventSink.1 file://./backofficestorage/s...

'In the Next 7 Days' View Problem
I have noticed recently, on two seperate CRM installations, that Opportunity Views with a filter on a date field using the conditions 'In the next 7 days' or 'In the last 7 days' no longer work. 'In the next 7 days' seems to return all dates in the future except those that are actually in the next 7 days! 'In the last 7 days' is so erratic that I haven't been able to figure out what it is doing. On both CRM servers these Views have been working for months without changes being made to them. Has any one else encountered this problem or have any ideas ho...

Birthdays
How do you ignore the year on a birthday, but use the month/day within a specific perimiter? I want to know if a birthday will be celebrated within 2 dates, and include thier current age. ...

Attach Events to elements dynamically created by JavaScript in IE using MSHTML
Hi, I am writing an browser helper object that is used to detect clicks on web page elements (e.g. links). During the DocumentComplete event, I get a list of all the elements and attach events to them via the IHTMLElement2::attachEvent method. This works fine for most pages. However there are some pages where some of these elements may get created by the javascript code on the web page. This will then typically take place after the DocumentComplete event has fired. Since these elements are created after the DocumentComplete event was fired, the attachEvent method will not have been called for...