____________________
Bill DeShawn
Please reply to group only
Thank you
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office <bdeshawn@nospam.net> wrote:

> Hundreds of questions
> Hundreds of answers.

Aphorisms aside, do you have a question?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Hierarchy in Internet Newsgroup view
Is there a way to have the messages grouped into a hierarchy based on = the threads as it does in Outlook Express? All I can get is by = conversation and the replies to that conversation are not organized into = threads. Thanks. =20 ...

Search Microsoft Excel Newsgroups
Hi, I've lost my link (url) that I used before to search Microsoft Excel newsgroups. I believe it was a link to a Google search page that automatically populated certain fields so that only Microsoft Excel newsgroups would be searched. Does anyone have that link or something similar that would allow me to efficiently search the newsgroups? Thank you. Kevin Ron de Bruin has a nice Google Search add-in. I use it when I want to find something I've posted. http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Kevin H. Stecyk" <kevin@nospam.com> ...

CPU Speed or Cache, which is better?
We are trying to decide which is better for our Exchange 2007 servers: 2.66 QuadCore with 1MB cache per core (roughly $960) or 1.86 QuadCore with 2MB cache per core (roughly $819) Also, we are trying to figure out which is better for Exchange 2007: 1 Quad-core kit or 2 Dual-core kits Any ideas? These are for backend servers. These are beefy I know. but we add mailboxes to our servers every year and never lose them (mailbox for life policy). -- Regards, Blake Whitney GC Email Manager GC Email Manager <GCEmailManager@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are trying to deci...

IE8 Newsgroup?
Does anyone know where I can find an IE8 Newsgroup?........In English? Thanks, Oreally "OREALLY" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u4gOLXiKLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know where I can find an IE8 Newsgroup?........In English? > > Thanks, > > Oreally microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general Doesn't show up in WLM (Comcast) or in Google! "Anthony Buckland" <anthonybucklandnospam@telus.net> wrote in message news:aOadnf9RY9Lx-NTRnZ2dnUVZ_sWdnZ2d@giganews.com... > > "OREALL...

A better way to catch exceptions ???
Currently I use: catch (...) { } This is very helpful in that it always catches everything. Is there a better way that can provide me with more detailed information about the reason for the exception that will always catch every exception? Doug Harrison has some articles about catching "every" exception, and it is not easy to get it all right. Do a search of the archives of this newsgroup to find his reference. I can't seem to find my link to his site any longer. joe On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:20:31 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote...

Better Return Function
1. When Recall Transaction For Return, instead of bringing up everything that was purchased in return mode ( and having to delete the ones not being return), there should be an option to make the POS to ask the user to scan/enter the item to be return. Then the program has to check that the item scanned does exists in that transaction. 2. Returned item from that transaction should not be allowed to be return again. 3. In Recall Transaction For Return mode, have the ability to block user from giving credit/cash back to customer. 4. In Recall Transaction For Return mode, do not pref...

Microsoft Dynamics Managed Newsgroups
On the customer source web site, when I click on "Discussions" and then "Access the Managed Newsgroups", the Managed Newsgroups Screen appears. My name is correct, my e-mail address is correct, and Managed User is checked. When I click on Save, the same screen reappears. When I click on Cancel, the Product and Service Summary screen appears. My service plan indicates that I should have access to managed newsgroups. I have attempted this on two different computers running - one running IE6 and the other running IE7. Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Can't Post to these newsgroups from MAC
At work I'm using MAC os 9.2 and IE v. ??? When trying to post to these newsgroups, the send button wonk't respond. I can click it all day, but nothing. It doesn't lock up the machine, I can still surf and do what ever else, but can't post. Cancel button does work though. So the only thing I can do is copy everything I've just typed in to a word doc and take it to a Windows machine to post it. Does any body know why? Thank you, Conan Kelly On 12/18/03 17:41, in article 069101c3c5c8$cbf862d0$a101280a@phx.gbl, "Conan Kelly" <anonymous@discussions....

newsgroup attachment problems
First, i'm new to using outlook for newsgroups. And havent been on newsgroups in ages. So keep that in mind if this all sounds over the top stupid. Not wanting to pay for a newsreader i tried outlook, since i have it already. I selected the list of files i wanted to have, 1 thru 100 parts (example) plus the pars. They seemed to dl fine. The was mystified that there wasnt a way i could find to dl attachments into a folder and extract them easily. The only thing i could think of is the 'save as' option, which i did. It downloaded a 180 + mb file (which seemed the correct file si...

deleting messages in the newsgroups
Is there a simple way, like OE did, that will allow you to clean out (delete) old messages besides selecting them all and deleting? How did you do it with OE? WKMail works the same. To delete all: Highlight one and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. - Delete. To delete a section: Highlight the first one you want to delete. Scroll down to the last one and click on it while holding the Shift key down. - Delete. To delete multiple messages that are interspersed: Hold down the Ctrl key while you click on each message to highlight. - Delete. -- Bruce Hagen ...

newsgroup setting for thunderbird
hi, i have just downloaded thunderbird from mozilla (going by Jim Gordon' suggestion in a post). could someone please help me with the settings? server name, port, an what have you... thanks in advance, mac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Files still left on this newsgroup but can't read
Hi all I've just finished reading all the unread postings on this ng. Before I started there were 5 unread (5 was in bold in brackets) and nothing would bring them up. Now I've gone through there are now 7 that I can't read. Why is that? aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > I've just finished reading all the unread postings on this ng. Before > I started there were 5 unread (5 was in bold in brackets) and nothing > would bring them up. Now I've gone through there are now 7 that I > can't read. Why is that? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup, ...

A public *Thank You* to all who have contributed solutions to these newsgroups
Before Microsoft pulls the plug on the few remaining newsgroups, I would like to express my thanks to all who have helped me with various problems over the years, especially the members of the MVP organization. Your assistance has been of great value and it has been very much appreciated. You have not only helped me resolve some thorny problems, you have also helped me become more knowledgeable about computers in general. Most of my posts have been in one of the XP groups, which have already been shut down, or I would be posting this message there. And to the clueless geniu...

Viewing newsgroups in Outlook 2003
More problems. I wanted to add the button for "News" to my button bar in Outlook 2003. I went to Add or Remove Buttons, Customize, Commands. Under the Categories column, I selected Go. I then scrolled down the Commands list and dragged News up to my button bar. Problem is, when I click on the News button it does not launch the Outlook Express News Reader (Outlook doesn't have its own news reader). Instead it opens a Windows Explorer window at the file location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 There are files in this folder that look like they may be associate...

This newsgroup and others will be migrating into the forums?
I read on a web-link from Microsofts site that these newsgroups will be eliminated in June and that they will be transfered to the Microsoft forums. If so, will all the posts be transfered and also in my profile? Or will all my saved posts be lost and or deleted and everything starts again? I just want to confirm this since in the last few days I have been unable to log on here, I thought this place was down. Thank you. Inline... Brian V wrote: > I read on a web-link from Microsofts site that these newsgroups will be > eliminated in June and that they will be transf...

Better keyboard wanted.
I have tried many keyboards and they all have the "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed. The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth before the stroke registered and I want this type again. Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called, and where they can be bought? Frank Frank Martin wrote: > I have tried many keyboards and they all have the > "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered > even when adjacent keys are skimmed ...

Newsgroups now without "folder" structure
Hi NG, played around with quickview options and now i have no more "hierarchy sortorder" in newsgroups. I can't bring it back with clicking into the colums like i always did before. Any ideas? Thanks you Reconfigure your view for single line view. ....winston MS-MVP[Mail] "Roland Schneider" wrote in message = news:4bfcd9f5$0$7660$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net... Hi NG, played around with quickview options and now i have no more "hierarchy sortorder" in newsgroups. I can't bring it back with clicking into the colums l...

Which better
Which better - Windows Live Admin Center or Office Live Small Business, if I want to switch from Google Apps with Go Daddy? What is the difference between them? What services each of them are available? What about security? Do both use https all the sessions? Currently I use Google Apps as an individual (not business) and also to use these services as an individual (not business). Nothing to do with the group you have posted to "Ronalds" <Ronalds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AFCC374-085B-4D4D-A72E-7EFDC76667C7@microsoft.com... > Which bet...

How to get a response in this newsgroup
Would someone please email me and tell me how to finda reply after I have posted. I have posted 3 times and have not seen a reply to any of them. I figure I must not be doing it right. Thanks, John Hi see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/posting.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John wrote: > Would someone please email me and tell me how to finda > reply after I have posted. I have posted 3 times and > have not seen a reply to any of them. I figure I must > not be doing it right. > Thanks, > John John, this a link to what you were looking for? ht...

Newsgroups in Outlook #2
Hi, I tried to personalize my Outlook 2003 for possibility of reading newsgroups. I moved Newsgroups icon to Go To menu. Everything was ok until I restarted computer. I do not have Newsgroups icon in Go To menu nor I am able to move it there because I am unable to find icon among available ones. What did happen? Thank you very much for your help. Best regards, Fornol To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you...

Export/Import Newsgroup Posts with OE6
Hello, I have *.dbx files for a single newsgroup on different Windows computers and the dates don't overlap. I would like to consolidate them into one *.dbx file to enable searching for key words on one computer only. There are a lot of great posts in this group, but I didn't see anything addressing this topic. Your help is greatly appreciated!! Firstly, OE only 'mirrors' what is on the server. Any message that was removed from the server is gone unless you saved it to a user created folder. The dbx files cannot be merged anyway. If they were for ...

Outlook RSS Feeds and Newsgroups
Is there anyway to subscribe to Microsoft Newsgroups via Outlooks RSS ? On 13/03/2010 22:58, VSLA wrote: > Is there anyway to subscribe to Microsoft Newsgroups via Outlooks RSS ? Not as far as I know. On 3/13/2010 2:58 PM, VSLA wrote: > Is there anyway to subscribe to Microsoft Newsgroups via Outlooks RSS ? No, but you can certainly do so with a newsreader. It's a better solution anyway. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.general - click this to get started. news:msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.general - or perhaps this, can't...

Newsgroups #13
We just got Office 2003 here at work. Yesterday I added the news button to my go menu, but now it has disapeared and I can't find a way to add it again. When I go into customize to drag it over it's not there anymore. I also added it to my laptop and it worked just fine. Can anybody help me? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box a...

Any better way to view original message from an NDR?
We recently moved over to Exchange, and our users are complaining about having to open an NDR, and click "send again" to see the original message. The message is obviously there as an attachment, as it can be seen in OWA, but Outlook appears to hide the attachments solely on NDRs. Is there some option somewhere I can toggle to show the attachment in Outlook? We're using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:37:54 -0800, "Daniel Peterson" <pythas@hotmail.com> wrote: >We recently moved over to Exchange, and our users are complaining abou...

Newsgroups get deleted
Hi, WLM deletes the newsgroups I subscribed every time I loses the connection to my newsgroup server. If there are some connection problems and I can't reach the newsgroup server of my ISP (or the ISP shuts me out because authorization failed), WLM just deletes the newsgroups I subscribed to. This is, to put it very, very politely, extremely annoying. Any tips? Matthias Wenzel Losing the connection to the news server or being unable to connect to the news server will NOT cause WLM to remove a newsgroup from your subscriptions. However, if when WLM asks the ...