Best Practice - Upgrading from Office 2002 to Office 2003

Hi.

Could someone please advise the best way to move Outlook data from an old PC
(with Office 2002) to a new PC (with Office 2003)?

I have already saved the Office settings (using the 'Save my Settings'
wizard) and then imported them into the new Office installation.

However, what is the best way to move Outlook data? Also, I am not looking
for an exact mirror image of the older Outlook installations, but would like
to trim down the Inbox folders somewhat.

Thanks

0
lalsitara (28)

The Help files tell you:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx

Stick to this procedure. Do not ever try to overwrite an Outlook Data File.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Could someone please advise the best way to move Outlook data from an old
> PC
> (with Office 2002) to a new PC (with Office 2003)?
>
> I have already saved the Office settings (using the 'Save my Settings'
> wizard) and then imported them into the new Office installation.
>
> However, what is the best way to move Outlook data? Also, I am not looking
> for an exact mirror image of the older Outlook installations, but would
> like
> to trim down the Inbox folders somewhat.
>
> Thanks

0
russval (3097)
1/9/2005 7:53:03 PM

http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm is a good reference.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook 2003 News

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Excel 2003

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...