BCM 2010 - database problem

Hi,

I have serious problem with my BCM 2010 database.

I have a BCM 2010 database instaled on one domain user profile (local
database without any share).
I change a domail and.... forgot to do backup... (I know, I know - idiot)

I have 2 database files recovered from old user profile i I don't know
what to do with them to mount this datadabe in new profile. I put them
into new profile in the same place but I can't see them from BCM
database menu or SQL.

Anybody know how to mount this database in new user profile?

Jack
0
ISO

Why wouldn't you ask this in the BCM group? No one here uses BCM.
--
Russ Valentine
"Jacek Wendo´┐Żowski" <instruktor@nurkowania.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have serious problem with my BCM 2010 database.
>
> I have a BCM 2010 database instaled on one domain user profile (local
> database without any share).
> I change a domail and.... forgot to do backup... (I know, I know - idiot)
>
> I have 2 database files recovered from old user profile i I don't know
> what to do with them to mount this datadabe in new profile. I put them
> into new profile in the same place but I can't see them from BCM database
> menu or SQL.
>
> Anybody know how to mount this database in new user profile?
>

> Jack

0
Russ
4/7/2010 12:10:09 AM
Jacek Wendo´┐Żowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have serious problem with my BCM 2010 database.
>
> I have a BCM 2010 database instaled on one domain user profile (local
> database without any share).
> I change a domail and.... forgot to do backup... (I know, I know - idiot)
>
> I have 2 database files recovered from old user profile i I don't know
> what to do with them to mount this datadabe in new profile. I put them
> into new profile in the same place but I can't see them from BCM
> database menu or SQL.
>
> Anybody know how to mount this database in new user profile?
>
> Jack

This newsgroup discusses the released versions.

Microsoft Office 2010 forums are at:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010
0
VanguardLH
4/7/2010 1:28:32 AM

> This newsgroup discusses the released versions.
>
> Microsoft Office 2010 forums are at:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010

Thx for this link.

Jack
0
ISO

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Public Function Problems
Hi, I am very new to VBA and am attempting to use a public Function withou much luck. What I need is I have 6 test results in columns C to H and I need Public Function to add the scores up make certain divisions and outpu a mark e.g Merit for the score they achieved. I have attempted it i the code below and have chopped and changed thing so much I am no totally confused. This is the code... Code ------------------- Option Explicit Public Function Grade(cell As Range) As String Dim dblTest1 As Double Dim dblTest2 As Double Dim dblTest3 As Double Dim dblTest4 As Dou...

Outlook 2003 Outlook Today Problem
I installed Office 2003 Standard over top of Office 2000 Professional. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 will not let me permanently customize Outlook Today. When I click on customize it presents the menus but is unable to find the graphics such as Winter, Summer, etc. It lets me select summer for instance and when I save the changes I get the summer scheme. But, when I exit Outlook and return my saved preferences are gone. There also appears to be graphic place holders on the Outlook Today screen, no 'x's just blank little squares. In the black date bar o...

Cannot open earlier version of access database
I'm trying to open Northwind database with MS Access 2003. The problem is that a dialog box appears prompting me to go to Database > Tools > Convert Database, however, the dialog box re-appears over a couple of times and disallows the user from doing anything within MS Access. If you are getting the Convert dialog you will need to convert the database to the version that you are working in and save it and then open it next time instead of the original file. During the convert process it will not change the original file. It will make a NEW copy for you to use. I wonder w...

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

Problem persisting toolbar state
I'm trying to use SaveBarState("BarState") and LoadBarState("BarState") to remember the state of my toolbars. This works fine for all my toolbars except 2. Checking the registry reveals that the 2 bars are not listed (at least there is no matching BarID entry). When I show them from my view menu the first toolbar (IDR_MAINFRAME) shows up docked to the right side, not where I left it. And the second toolbar (IDR_SECOND_TOOLBAR) toolbar shows up on the correct row, i.e. I moved it down to form a second row, but has moved back to its original horizontal position wh...

Dexterity
Dear Sir/Mis I would like to know if there is anyway i can overcome the following: I've defined a library(COM) in my dictionary. The methods in that .DLL file which are defined as Strings, or take in String parameters, all show as "anonymous" datatypes with "anonymous" parameters in class browser. And therefore am not able to use em. System generates a Datatype conflict error on runtime. The DateTime datatype on the other hand works fine. NB:I've searched the MSDN, and the internet over and over. Thank you If it shows up as anonymous in the Dexterity clas...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

address book group problem
I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at the bottom of the small window one at a time. Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries which I put in. Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again. TIA Pete It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you....

CRM4
Hi, On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my default organization. The message error is the following : "Caller does not have enough privilege to set CallerOriginToken to the specified value". I didn't find anything on the Web... Does anyone have an idea ? Fabien Majurel I have the same problem, I am going to reinstall and see if that helps Mike "Fabien Majurel" wrote: > Hi, > > On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my > default organization. The message error is the following...

problem customizing toolbars
Hi everyone I'm trying to customize my outlook toolbars (in the new message area). When I click View > Toolbars > the customize option is greyed out. Not sure why. All I want to do is add and remove some buttons to the toolbars. I'm using Outlook 2000. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps Helen Place your cursor in the message first; not in the Header lines. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Helen" <anonym...

Exchange 5.5 internal site problem
Hi, I am using exch 5.5 with 2 srvrs in a single sit , with a mail content scanner enigine on a diff srvr , when i forward mail fm content scanner to first srvr , the mail flow works properly , but when i forward it to second srvr ( which was buileded later) , the recipients on 1 st server dont get internet mails . Can anyone HElp. ...

birthday reminders problem
outlook 97: my reminders are not working when i try to access them by clicking their icons in the contacts folder i get the nysterious message "Outlook could not start because a location to send or receive mail could not be found" this is doubly weird because i do not use outlook to send or receive mail (i use outlook express) and sending/receiving mail is not what i am trying to do anyway another problem - i suspect it is related - my tasks do not appear in my calendar any more. All this began after I archived my calendar. I have tried re-installing outlook but it made...

Email looping problem
Hi, We have recently taken over another company and I need to get the users at the new companies site to be able to receive emails in the format of our companies email e.g. both sites need to receive emails sent to joe.bloggs@xyz.com We have setup recipient policy on the new companies exchange to accept emails for our companies domain. We have also set the SMTP virtual server at each site to "forward email with unresolved recipients" to the public IP address of the other. The problem here is that when an email is sent to a user that doesn't exist both exchange servers w...

VC++6.0 + CComboBoxEx + Win2000 = problem
Hello I have a problem wit the MFC class CComboboxEx and VC++6.0 under Windows 2000. The combobox is a "drop list" (Style CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) Basically everything work as it should be, the icons will be displayed in my combobox, the items are there, basically fine. But now my problem: 1)First the behaviour of the CComboBox class to explain my problem more exact (maybe I do not expect the correct behaviour in CComboBoxEx?): -For opening the dropdown list click the left mouse button -If I click the left mouse button again the dropdown list will be closed. 2)Now the CComboBoxEx c...

"Shrinkage" Problem when saving as PDF
I have a newsletter created in Publisher, which I send to the printer as a PDF. When I create the PDF, everything on the pages gets slightly scaled down, creating a larger margin and my nice crisp text becomes a tad fuzzy. I'm using Publisher 2007 and have tried 1) Publish as PDF or XPS, 2) Print, and select the printer as Adobe PDF, and 3) Save As *.pdf, all with the same results. I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, if it matters. Can you advise me on settings that I need to adjust when I create the PDF? Or something else? When you go to print, select Preferences and set the margins to 0 (z...

AD replication problems
I have two sites each running it's own DC. When I create a user on Site 2 DC and after a few seconds search for that user it doesn't appear on Site 2 DC instead it appears on Site 1 DC. What could be causing this? Regards It sounds like you are attached to the site 1 dc even though you might be in the site 2 dc's site. How are you creating the user and how are you looking at where it is showing up? -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever)...

Split Database, Can't Append to Table
I have a table to which I daily upload financial reports into one table, and run an append query to add those records not already listed in the master table. I recently split the database because of some other random conflicts we began to have once two users began to access the database. I read that splitting might help. Now I am unable to append to the master table using the append query. I get a message that there is a violoation regarding an index, primary key, or relationship. I've also tried to manually cut & paste the records from the results of the append query with n...

Problem Exporting Messages from OE
Hi, I am trying to export messages from Outlook Express. I have done this before, but now I am having problems getting the process to work. I click File, Export, Messages.... but it then replies, "This will export messages from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange". I click Ok and nothing happens? I thought it would ask me for a Profile, but it does not. Can anyone please help? Thanks, Meeker Configured Outlook already with a valid default delivery location? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook I...

Can databases be merged to update data?
Recently, two employees worked on the same database at two different locations on two different workstations. After we entered data into the databases, we cannot seem to merge our information back into one database. Atleast the help files didn't provide a solution here. Can anyone direct us to the appropriate newsgroup if this isn't the site for the answer we are seeking? If you can answer our question and provide us with the information to merge our databases into one of the databases, please help. Thank you in advance. Hi Mark, Working with copies of your databases, u...

Calendar Control in Office 2010
Hallo, I use in Access 2007 many times the Calendar-controll and it works excellent. However, I don't find this calendar-controll in Access 2010. That means that my application (developped in Access 2007) don't work anymore. -- Luc Ringoir Belgium On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 03:25:01 -0800, Luciano <Luciano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: It has been discontinued. Look back a few messages in this forum for a thread titled "Active X Control in Access 2010" for more details. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hallo, I use in Access 2007 many times the Calend...

New DB Query problem
In Excel 2002, when I go to Data-Import External Data-New Database Query, I get a "Choose Data Source" window that displays many items including Oracle, dBase Files, Excel Files, and MS Access Database. However, when another user logs onto the same PC and tries the same process they don't see any of those files listed. Instead, they only see Oracle listed. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks! Probably because the rights to those other Databases are assigned by username from the MIS dept. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "D.P. Roberts [MCSE,MCSD,MCDBA]&...

Problem with empty cells when creating chart using vba
Hello, I am facing difficulties to create a chart from a sheet containing empty cells (I use Excel 2003 SP2). My sheet looks similar to this: A B C 1 0.1 2 0.2 25 34 3 0.3 23 27 4 0.4 24 6 5 0.5 25 16 6 0.6 27 21 7 0.7 Column A contains data (some depth in my case). Each cell in column A contains data. Column B and C contain some measurements made at the depth indicated in column A. I need to combine two graphics on one chart: the content of B in function of A and the content of C in function of A. The ...

Date and Time Picker Control problem
Hi, I've constructed a tool that employs multiple Userforms and several incidences of Date and Time Picker Controls (version 6.0). Amongst the group that use this tool there is one individual who gets the following message. "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine". I've isolated this object to the Date Picker. I've checked Excel and Service pack version and they are the same as mine yet this individuals standard load does not seem to include this particular control. Is there any way of installing this control for the individual ...