Backup in Outlook 2000-Updated

I'm running Outlook 2000 in Windows XP-Home, SP2.  Have noticed for quite
some time that the Backup addin will not automatically launch itself.

Recent changes that I know of:

- SP2
- now running a program that is part of Spybot called TeaTimer.  This
program protects the registry.
- Avast! Antivirus (it has a plug-in that scans Outlook mail)

I receive no error messages from the Backup routine.  I can go into the
options and click "Save Backup" and it will work fine the next time I exit
Outlook.  I just cannot get it to automatically do it after say, 5 days.

Any ideas on the cause of this?  Since I don't know how the Backup program
works, I wondered if it could be hampered by the TeaTimer application...just
a thought.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0
mjwsjw1 (2)

Disable TeaTimer and check if it works then.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

"Michael Wright" <mjwsjw@myway.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Outlook 2000 in Windows XP-Home, SP2.  Have noticed for quite
> some time that the Backup addin will not automatically launch itself.
>
> Recent changes that I know of:
>
> - SP2
> - now running a program that is part of Spybot called TeaTimer.  This
> program protects the registry.
> - Avast! Antivirus (it has a plug-in that scans Outlook mail)
>
> I receive no error messages from the Backup routine.  I can go into the
> options and click "Save Backup" and it will work fine the next time I exit
> Outlook.  I just cannot get it to automatically do it after say, 5 days.
>
> Any ideas on the cause of this?  Since I don't know how the Backup program
> works, I wondered if it could be hampered by the TeaTimer
> application...just
> a thought.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

0
Roady
2/23/2005 8:01:17 AM
Roady [MVP] wrote:
> Disable TeaTimer and check if it works then.

Is it date and time sensitive?  I have it set to backup every "1" day.
For example, if I forced a backup at 6 PM on 2/22/05, will it not
automatically backup again until 24 hours have passed from the time I
forced the backup?  Or should it backup up today on 2/23, anytime today?

TeaTimer is disabled, also the plug-in for Avast! Anti-Virus.
0
mjwsjw (2)
2/23/2005 5:54:08 PM
Tried several different things.  Finally turned off the "Outlook
Synchronization" which I didn't even know I had!  Evidently that was keeping
the reminders from popping up and also keeping the automatic backup from
working.

There was also an addin called outlooksync or something that I disabled.  I
do not do any sort of synchronization.