Backup cannot copy .pst files

When I exit Outlook and click on Save Backup.  I get the
error "Cannot copy Outlook: The process cannot access the
file beause another process has locked a portion of the
file"

Please advise with how to fix this problem.
0
anonymous (74722)

backing up files
Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. Why should I email you an answer when the answer to this question has already been posted three or four times already this week? Please read the posts. "John Koegel" <bigjohn1016@mns.com> wrote in message news:044501c348bf$62e760b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money > files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. ...

PDF file #7

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

Copy protecting app
Hi Is there a way to protect an access app from copying or restricting its use? If it is a software solution then its better as the app can then be emailed to a prospective client instead of having to physically send hardware keys as well. Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23wP1e061HHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to protect an access app from copying or restricting its > use? > If it is a software solution then its better as the app can then be > emailed > to a prospective client instead of havin...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

Copy Data from SubForm Field to Main Form Field
How do you tell Access to copy data from a field in a subform to a similar field in the main form? See www.allenbrowne.com "ridgerunner" wrote: > How do you tell Access to copy data from a field in a subform to a similar > field in the main form? Are you referring to the section entitled "Referring to Controls on a Subform"? Will this actually place of copy of the subform field information into the main form report and, therefore, into the underlying main table? "Golfinray" wrote: > See www.allenbrowne.com > > "ridgerunner" wr...

How do I list more opened Word docs under the File menu
Word 2003 displays the last 4 Word files opened on clicking the File menu. I would like to increase this to about 20. Can this be done, and if so, how? In Word 2003, the maximum number that can be shown is 9 and it can be set via Tools>Options>General -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wellington" <Wellington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B8C9D4-4F78-4A92-94C6-8DC0D41388...

cut/copy and paste forumla problem help
i am currently using the correlation formula to test on a large set of data: e.g. CORREL(IGR!C233:C262,IIA!C233:C262) IGR and IIA - they are a pair of data i place in 2 different worksheets, each has set of data, and I need to pull the data of C233 and C262 in IGR and IIA worksheet and I have many pairs in different worksheets E.G. RMR and RHR so I copy the forumla above and hope can only manually adjust the symbol from IGR and IIA to RMR and RHR when I copy it shift the number down =CORREL(IGR!C242:[/B]C271,IIA!C242:C271) from C233 to C242 and C 262 to C271 and I would have to ma...

Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail - Contacts - Backup - under Windows 7 Formerly with Outlook Express I used backup software to make a copy of the Windows Address Book and save to my backup media. I was hoping to do something similar after moving to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (WLM). So far I've had little success in finding the folder/file where WLM keeps the contacts in Windows 7. I know I could export to a CSV file each time I do a backup, but boy what a pain that would be. Can someone provide a pointer to info on where the file(s) is/are located? (it would be a bonus if the...

Can I prevent a spreadsheet from being copied?
I'm going to publish a retirement nest egg calculator to the web and want to know if I can prevent buyers from copying it, or if I can restrict them to being only able to use it on one computer. I plan to supply any purcashed copies by email. Thanks, George Forbes Hi George This needs a lot of creative, part evil, VBA programming, and you must ensure that macros are enabled for the file to work. Very complicated. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Nest Egg George" <Nest Egg George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8BA275E-BCE9-4748-85B2-1A0199...

Restoring and backup of Business Portal 2.5 feature pack
how can i backup and restore my business portal site(2.5 feature pack). The objective is to move it to a different location. I have tried using stsadm.exe tool but it is not successfull. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Right click to copy
Hi all, I've looked around a bit and can't seem to find my answer. so I'll try it here. I have multiple forms that use text boxes, and some of my users are not comfortable using the CTRL-C to copy information. they would like to be able to select the text and right click to copy that information. How do I enable this? I'm using access 2003. Thanks Casper In news:25598A48-6743-4A32-9D24-8ED798BA0D06@microsoft.com, Casper Page <Casper Page@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I've looked around a bit and can't seem to find my answer. s...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...

Cannot open Publisher File
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have a 100 MB (66 MB Compressed) publisher file that consitently hangs up publisher when trying to open it. Once in a while, the first page will load, but when you try to switch to another page, the program hangs up again. I've tried several PCs to open the file with including a P4 file server with 2 GB of RAM. nothing seems to make a difference. I can tell through the Task Manager that the app is doing some sort of processor work, but no disk access is being performed. I tried opening the file in Safe Mode and it make some slight improvements w...

How do i leave a copy of a mail in a server
Hi, I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a server but i dont think so that the option exists in it . Please help in this Thanks Balaji.S http://www.serverintellect.com/support/email/outlook-leave-on-server.aspx Balaji wrote: >Hi, > >I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a >server >but i dont think so that the option exists in it . >Please help in this > >Thanks >Balaji.S -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook-setup/201...

integrate my vendor/supplier files from RMS and SBF into Outlook
I want to be able to see my vendor/supplier the same info in outlook, RMS and SBF I hate having to rekey the same information over and over. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

Lost File #2
I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another person but they are not. Can anyone help >-----Original Message----- >I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am >aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access >any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another >person but they are not. > >Can anyon...

Parsing a space delimited file into segments
I have a space delimited file that contains address information. Is there a way to parse each record so that I parse the records into specific portions (Company Name is field 1, Street Address is field 2, etc.)? Using the space as a delimiter doesn't help in this instance because every word is obviously separated by a space. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks. hi, you could use the fixed width option but unless all of the data is the same width that could cause a serious problem. i don't know how much data you have but you may have to do it in groups or 1 line a...

3 pst files
I want to have 3 pst files on my Outlook 2003 setup. Is this possible? I have the pst file that I work now and 2 others which are pst files from an old laptop which I want just to be there as separate. How can I do it and shall I do Import or is there any other way. thanks Virginia Don't use the import feature. Simply reconnect the pst-files via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... You can place the pst-file in a location that is convenient to you. For instance in a sub folder of your My Documents folder called "Outlook". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...

Can't open any .exe files
If I click on any programs it pops up and tells me that there is no association. I know how to association a file extension normally. If I click on Excel it gives me the error. Yet if I click on an Excel file then it will open the file. If I click on Notepad gives me the association error yet again if I click on a file saved in Notepad it opens that file. I tried to run System Restore but I get the same error. The exact error message is : This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this Acton. Create an association in the Folder Options control Pane...

copying made simplier
I have a spread sheet that has a list of numbers and a company name. The problem is all the numbers associated with name is in one cell. I want to take all the numbers and give them thier indivdual cell and I was wondering if there is away to make sure that name is easily copied over to the cell without having to use the auto fill feature. Thanks in advance. Could we have a better example. If there is only one space in the entry for example, or a comma between the number and Co Name you could use Data>Text to columns, else there is probably a formula that could be devised. Give us a ...

E-mail sends multiple copy of messages
I have run into this a couple times in the past month. I send a large e-mail to a recipient. Later I notice the e-mail is still in my outbox, so I delete it. The recipient tells me they received the message 10 times (114 times for the other person). I guess Outlook sends as much as it can then stops and resends. Any idea how to fix this. -- Frank L I have seen this in older versions of Outlook. If I remember there is a setting that said someting in the line of break appart messages larger than (100k for example). I think it was in sending options but take a look for something clos...

unknown cab file required
I just installed Project 2003 and immediately ran the update routine. Office Update tells me that it has SP1 for Project and some new junk mail filters for Outlook 2003. I tell it to download both patches. Download proceeds with no problem. Installation tells me that it cannot find a file called SKU111.CAB. I search all local hard disks - no file. I search the Project disk - no file. I search the Office 2003 disk - no file. I even searched the Publisher 2003 disk (which is not installed). I can account for an SKU13B and an SKU119, but no SKU111. I search all of Microsoft.com - nothing e...

error opening excel file
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb There is a bug in xl97 (fixed in xl2k, IIRC) that allowed worksheet codenames to get too long. I _think_ that newer versions of excel will open...

Copy and Paste and keep format the same
I am trying to copy and paste selected rows from varios workbooks into one master workbook. When I copy and paste a range of cells I find the rows collapse and show only one line of text. How can I copy and paste this information and automatically show all text in that cell? Some rows have one or two lines of text, others have up to 12 to 14 lines of text. It sounds like you just have to adjust the cell's formatting for word wrap. Select your cells format|cells|Alignment tab|check "wrap text" These are cells that have multiple lines within the cell--caused by alt-enters??...