Backup #8

There appears to be lots of backup programs for outlook and
favorites.....does anyone have a favorite prorgram or could suggest a
program for outlook and favorites.....or, do most people use the Microsoft
suggested instruction backup procedure...it seems to be rather cumbersome
and time consuming...perhaps I am wrong though....thanks..Gary

0
gboyer (2)

The MS OL backup addin is fine, and free.
There are numerous backup apps available from shareware sites, for other
data

"Gary Boyer" <gboyer@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> There appears to be lots of backup programs for outlook and
> favorites.....does anyone have a favorite prorgram or could suggest a
> program for outlook and favorites.....or, do most people use the Microsoft
> suggested instruction backup procedure...it seems to be rather cumbersome
> and time consuming...perhaps I am wrong though....thanks..Gary

0
dl6256 (276)
9/28/2004 5:25:35 PM
go to"
www.karenware.com
and download "Replicator" and create you own back up batch job

"Gary Boyer" <gboyer@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> There appears to be lots of backup programs for outlook and
> favorites.....does anyone have a favorite prorgram or could suggest a
> program for outlook and favorites.....or, do most people use the Microsoft
> suggested instruction backup procedure...it seems to be rather cumbersome
> and time consuming...perhaps I am wrong though....thanks..Gary

0
medrxman (26)

Recipient update service #8
Hi all, Quick question: Which MS service is managing/responsible for the Exchange Recipient update service? I believe that the RUS is broken in my environment, and would like to know how can I restart that service without restarting the Exchange server. Thanks, Henry Not possible, because RUS (Abv_dg.dll) is component of System Attendant service. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Henry IT" <Henry@claria.com> wrote in message news:ei$IouoAGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, >...

OS 8.6 Office '98 no "File/Save" in Word
OS 8.6 Office '98 All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed out, it just is NOT there at all. The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't work. In article <cf47e17c.0409130841.490a65f9@posting.google.com>, jmorse@premier1.net (James Morse) wrote: > OS 8.6 Office '98 > > All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed > out, it just is NOT there at all. > > The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't > work. Choose Tools/Cus...

Excel auto backup
it only happens in that excel 2007 file. when it is saved, it created a backup copy in the same directory. further saved, it overwrites the backup copy the backup copy come out even i disable the autosave function in option. i checked out that there is no vba or macro in that Excel. it should not be autosave function because it happens only in save action, not in time interval. grateful for any advice. thanks. tony Hi, I'm not sure what you are asking but you can turn off the auto backup option by choosing Office Button, Save As, open the Tools drop down and choose General ...

Upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0
Wondering what the cost benefit to upgrading to v9.0 is. Based on the literature I've received from our VAR, I don't see any great features that are worth upgrading for. Wondering what added value an upgrade has given other users. Thanks It depends on the modules you have. If you use GL and AP, the new feature for creating a check batch in AP is nice. Is it big enough to warrant an upgrade? That's up to you. Why not ask your partner to demonstrate v9 for the modules you use? -- Charles Allen, MVP "lilbruan@gmail.com" wrote: > Wondering what the cost benef...

Outlook Backup #11
I need to add the pst backup to my wife's user name but I can't reemember the name of th e com add-in to add and where it is located pfbackup.exe=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, PapaBear asked: | I need to add the pst backup to my wife's user name but I can't | reemember the name of th e com add-in to add and where it is located >I need to add the pst backup to my wife's user name b...

Drop down list #8
I created a drop down list using the data, validation menu. It works well. However, I only have two items in the list and I am wondering if there is a better way to alternate between them. With the drop down list it takes a couple of clicks. First you select the cell, then you click to drop down the list, then you highlight the item, then you click on it. Is there a way to select the alternate item with fewer clicks? Don, You need only click the cell, click the dropdown button, then click the desired item. Three clicks. This event-fired sub will alternate between "Choice a&qu...

Outlook 2007 backup
When I try to back up my personal folders, I get a message saying 'Cannot copy files - path is too deep." Can anyone help with this? -- Mary P. "Mary P." <MaryP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A12552C-A994-428F-BAA9-6A29C03BD6FB@microsoft.com... > When I try to back up my personal folders, I get a message saying 'Cannot > copy files - path is too deep." Can anyone help with this? > -- > Mary P. *Cross posted to OUTLOOK group!!!!* What is the path of your pst file? Try using fewer folders in the path for your backups. Ma...

Backup Exchange Server
Hi, All, Does anyone know where I can find information about backup Exchange 2003 Server? I have Backup Exec backup software on Windows 2000 server. My Exchange 2003 Server has been installed in another Windows 2003 server. I want to backup Exchange 2003 Server. Does any body can give me some idea? Thanks in advance. --qq "qq" wrote: > > Hi, All, > > Does anyone know where I can find information about backup Exchange 2003 > Server? I have Backup Exec backup software on Windows 2000 server. My > Exchange 2003 Server has been installed in another Windo...

CListCtrl #8
Hello all What is the best way to hide columns (per user selection) for a list control. I see that I can delete a column, but if the user where to later decide they wanted to see the column again I imagine there would be a horrendous amount of processing to get the data back into the column Thank you Dan One way is to set the column's width to zero using the SetColumnWidth() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE4A3F18-7CEE-4E3A-B864-57AFEF3FA2D...

Deploying MFC 8.0
Since the Visual C++ libraries now support a new deployment model that uses manifests, and assemblies, and stuff, does MFC 8.0 require .NET 2.0 to be installed on the target machine? Since Win 2000 does not support the side-by-side deployment model that XP supports, do I need to develop separate install programs for 2000 and XP target computers? If MFC is a native library, why are they now calling the MFC files and the C-Runtime files "assemblies?" > does MFC 8.0 require .NET 2.0 to be installed on the target machine? If you are using MFC in an unmanaged app, you dont ...

=?Utf-8?Q?E-mail=E2=80=99s_body_disappears?=
Since I applied the June security update everyone’s email body disappeared (just leaving the to, from & subject). So I thought the database is corrupted and try to retrieve email using Exmerge only email headers came up. So I deleted the mailbox for each user then I deleted the database and let Exchange recreate the database. After doing all these new emails sent/received did not have their body. The antivirus program is GroupShield. Outlook 2000 to send emails. Please help! Regards Julian Problem fixed. It was the Groupshield. "Julian Jeyarajah" wrote: > Since I a...

Do you backup?
It never ceases to amaze me in 15 years. I was working with a client today, that had NEVER tested their backups. Yep, you guessed it, complete power failure on the server, and crashed and destroyed their raid array. In trying to recover the data, it is unable to read the tapes properly. We were able to recover the Dynamics database, but not the main company. Fortunately, there was a backup from March 5th, (today is the 27th) So now, they will be rekeying data 3 weeks of Sales Invoices, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Payroll, and GL transactions. Test your backups at least once every mont...

Linking Workbooks #8
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4AD1A.9E155690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have the main workbook in one location on server. I need a second = workbook in another location that when opened will "show" all data in = the main workbook. I have tried the copy and paste special into the new = workbook but Excel does not like that. any ideas on an easy way to do = this? I want it to look exactly the same and have users be able to = update either workbook so they alway...

Outlook 2002 hangs #8
Something happened the other day to my Outlook 2002 (xp) environment that now when I start Outlook, it hangs. I have to use task manager to end the process. I've deinstalled and reinstalled but to no avail. I've also, after deinstalling, deleted my outlook.pst and other files in the folder, but still nothing. I feel the problem may lie in my registry settings that do not get wiped with the deinstallation. What can I do to deinstall Outllook as if it never existed on my system and start from scratch? This installation is part of OfficeXP and not a separate installation. I&...

Backup Exchange 2000 Checklist
Hi , I'm going to upgrade my Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003. In order to have a good backup of my server i want to make sure that i have a backup that can be restored afterwards. I took a backup already with NTBackup and I'm planning to use Exmerge to create pst files for all users. Is there other stuff i can do to backup my machine. Thanks for helping out ... The 3rd level of safety is to disconnect all users and connections (smtp etc) and then do the online backup. That'll purge the logs. Then stop the exchange services and copy the EDB and STM files elsewhere. You&...

ESE Event 217 -4001 Error, Can't backup database after eseutil /d
Hi, Had to do an eseutil /d today to reclaim space but now can't do an online full backup. Think this is my problem but can't get hold of anyone to get the hot fix. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889528 It is kind of urgent as we have a DR test the day after tomorrow and for it to be successful I need a full backup (well I'd like one anyway but it will help for this exercise!). Regards, Paul paul@donovan.net Paul, I am having the same issue (exchange 2003 sp1)..did you get a fix for it? I ran the isinteg after the eseutil /d and it indicated 4 errors (in the middle, ...

Sending Mail #8
Hello, I have a user who can receive mail using outlook 2002, but cannot send. The messages leave the outbox and are not stuck at all. There is no known connectivity issue, and outlook express will send and receive using these same account settings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook on the machine with no change in behavior. Is there a particular set of instructions that I should use to remove outlook or a whole other approach together? Thanks ...

Restore Backup onto Another Computer
Hello, I have a new computer and am trying to move my Money 2004 backup from a 2000 computer to the new XP computer, but when I enter in my password, it tells me that it is incorrect. Does anyone have a fix for this? Is this a common problem when transfering to another Operating System? Thank you very much for your assistance, Mary Maybe. No. Are you sure the new machine is also running Money 2004? (If it's not--i.e., it's an earlier version--this is the message it will give.) Does it open the sample data file? "Mary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Migration fron Solomon 4.0 to Great Plains 8.0
We have a client that wants to migrate the financial applications from solomon 4.0 to Great Plains 8.0. Is there any migration tool to do this job ar any other helpful recommendations on how to do this. ...

=?Utf-8?Q?como_personalizar_se=C3=A7=C3=B5es_do_cabe?= =?Utf-8?Q?=C3=A7alho_em_v=C3=A1rias_planilhas_de_uma?= =?Utf-8?Q?_v?=
Tenho várias planilhas num arquivo. Todos elas usam as três seções do cabeçalho, sendo apenas a seção central que muda em cada mês. Ex: fev2005. Como eu faço para mudar essa seção em todas as planilhas ao mesmo tempo sem precisar mudar uma a uma. Obs: as outras seções das planilhas tem as suas especificações diferentes das outras, por isso quando eu tento selecionar todas as planilhas e mudar a seção central, as outras planhilhas recebem as especificações da mesma ficando todas iguais em todas ...

Off-Topic: using UTF-8 as opposed to 8859-1 on websites
I am trying to keep my websites up to standards. And I most of my page pass code for W3C standards for XHTML 1.0 Transitional. Mr McGhie as all respectful people call him ;-). Mentioned something about that preferred Character encoding is UTF-8. I use DreamWeaver (unfortunately its an older version Part of Studio 8 collection). I don't wish to break my pages. is all that is involved changing Characterset = ISO-8859-1 to Characterset = UTF-8 in the pages. -- Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it" http://www.phillipmjones.net mailto:pj...

Exchange backup from another computer
Has anyone know How to backup Exchange 2003 information store from another server in the same domain? thanks, sener "sener" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Has anyone know How to backup Exchange 2003 information >store from another server in the same domain? > >thanks, > > >sener Yes, install the Exchange System Manager (and the pre-reqs such as IIS/nntp./smtp) onto the box. When you then run ntbackup.exe you will be able to see the Exchange servers in your forest and select the ones you want to back up. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+...

Deleting or renaming backup personal folders
I thought I had posted this message a couple of days ago, but can't find it. Excuse me if you've already replied. In exporting Outlook (XP Home) data to my laptop (also XP Home), it looks like I somehow created two "backups" of the entire "Outlook Today" personal folders tree. They don't cause a problem, but they are confusing. I tried to delete or rename them, with no luck. How can I do this? Renaming would be good, if I then could rename one of those backups for personal use. Can I set up another set of personal folders, with a new name? charley kay &l...

CComboBox #8
Hello all: I have a combo box that when I set the text for the edit box it searches the list for a line equalling or beginning with the text I set and places it in the combo box with a blue selection mark. If the user presses a second key the text is then erased and replaced with the one character. I don't want this behavior, I want for the user's text to be what is in the edit box unless they select text from the drop down list box. How can I accomplisth this? Thank you, Dan ...

Online quotes for Money 2000 Italian (version 8.0)
Hello there. I recently purchased some new SICAV but cannot make the online quotes download to work. I have always downloaded quotes from IlSOle24Ore, which is the national web site where to get those info, but apparently the SICAV abbreviation belongs to the MSN web site and I am not able to make it work, though I can see the quote on the MSN web site. The abbreviation I inserted into money is correct. I'm using Money 2000 Italian on Windows XP. Unfortunately I cannot purchase the new Money version since it has not yet been released in Italian ;-) I was wondering if there was a...