backing up personal folders (.pst) files for MS outlook

I am trying to back up personal folders on a cd.  I burned
the files to a CD.  When I try to open them in Outlook it
tells me the following:
"properties for this information service must be defined
prior to use"

and then

"File access is denied.  You do not have the permission
required to access the file..."

I have checked the permissions and I have full control.

Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)

Copy the PST files to your hard drive, right-click on them, go to
properties, and remove the read-only attribute.

William Wheeler wrote:
> I am trying to back up personal folders on a cd.  I burned
> the files to a CD.  When I try to open them in Outlook it
> tells me the following:
> "properties for this information service must be defined
> prior to use"
>
> and then
>
> "File access is denied.  You do not have the permission
> required to access the file..."
>
> I have checked the permissions and I have full control.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Personal Macro Workbook
I had some macro stored in the personal macro workbook but now I can not find the workbook. When I try to do a new macro and store it in the "Personal Macro Workbook" I get the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I click ok and get a message that I'm unable to record. I can record macro to other workbooks. What happened to the personal macro workbook ? Thanks ...

sharing of folders

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large