Backing up Outlook with an outside service (Mozy)

I recently started using Mozy to backup everything on my computer.
The only thing I'm nervous about is Outlook.  I want to make sure that
I back up _all_ of my email (Inbox and the 30 folders below it), my
contacts, and most importantly, my task list and my notes.  The 2
files that Mozy automatically reaches for are Outlook.pst and
Outlookimap.columbia.edu-00000011.pst.  I should mention that one of
my four email accounts is hosted by columbia.edu, which I'm guessing
is the second one in some way.  Anyone know if those files include all
emails, contacts, tasks and notes?  I couldn't find any other outlook
files on my computer, but I'm totally paranoid and want to make sure I
get everything!  :)

In news:1172756496.633974.222700@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com,
intelligenceisparamount@gmail.com <intelligenceisparamount@gmail.com> typed:
> I recently started using Mozy to backup everything on my computer.
> The only thing I'm nervous about is Outlook.  I want to make sure that
> I back up _all_ of my email (Inbox and the 30 folders below it), my
> contacts, and most importantly, my task list and my notes.  The 2
> files that Mozy automatically reaches for are Outlook.pst and
> Outlookimap.columbia.edu-00000011.pst.  I should mention that one of
> my four email accounts is hosted by columbia.edu, which I'm guessing
> is the second one in some way.  Anyone know if those files include all
> emails, contacts, tasks and notes?  I couldn't find any other outlook
> files on my computer, but I'm totally paranoid and want to make sure I
> get everything!  :)

If those are your only PST files in use, then you should be fine (as long as
Outlook is completely, totally, closed and outlook.exe is not running in the
background). Your PST file contains all your contacts, mail, calendar items,
etc.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/1/2007 2:10:36 PM
On Mar 1, 9:10 am, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwe...@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
> Innews:1172756496.633974.222700@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com,
> intelligenceisparamo...@gmail.com <intelligenceisparamo...@gmail.com> typed:
>
> > I recently started using Mozy to backup everything on my computer.
> > The only thing I'm nervous about is Outlook.  I want to make sure that
> > I back up _all_ of my email (Inbox and the 30 folders below it), my
> > contacts, and most importantly, my task list and my notes.  The 2
> > files that Mozy automatically reaches for are Outlook.pst and
> > Outlookimap.columbia.edu-00000011.pst.  I should mention that one of
> > my four email accounts is hosted by columbia.edu, which I'm guessing
> > is the second one in some way.  Anyone know if those files include all
> > emails, contacts, tasks and notes?  I couldn't find any other outlook
> > files on my computer, but I'm totally paranoid and want to make sure I
> > get everything!  :)
>
> If those are your only PST files in use, then you should be fine (as long as
> Outlook is completely, totally, closed and outlook.exe is not running in the
> background). Your PST file contains all your contacts, mail, calendar items,
> etc.

Cool, thank you!