Background colour #2

I am using Outlook 2000 SR1
The preview pane shows all my incoming messages in black font on a white
background.  The same applies when I create a new email, which is fine.

However, when I click on "Reply" I am presented with a grey background and
blue font.  I can change this back to black/white by using  the format
button on the toolbar but it doesn't stay.  Next time I use Outlook, I'm
back to the grey/blue again.  How do I make it stick?

The only thing that I have changed in recent times is the background colour
in IE7 from white to grey, but this shouldn't affect Outlook surely?

Any help much appreciated.

Geoff

Quick amendment to this posting!
Incoming emails are also on grey background but with black font! not as I
said before.

"Geoff" <someone@home.uk> wrote in message
>I am using Outlook 2000 SR1
> The preview pane shows all my incoming messages in black font on a white
> background.  The same applies when I create a new email, which is fine.
>
> However, when I click on "Reply" I am presented with a grey background and
> blue font.  I can change this back to black/white by using  the format
> button on the toolbar but it doesn't stay.  Next time I use Outlook, I'm
> back to the grey/blue again.  How do I make it stick?
>
> The only thing that I have changed in recent times is the background
> colour in IE7 from white to grey, but this shouldn't affect Outlook
> surely?
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Geoff

yes, the setting in IE or or desktop theme can affect outlook - the older
versions use IE as the rendering engine for HTML.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Geoff" <someone@home.uk> wrote in message
> I am using Outlook 2000 SR1
> The preview pane shows all my incoming messages in black font on a white
> background.  The same applies when I create a new email, which is fine.
>
> However, when I click on "Reply" I am presented with a grey background and
> blue font.  I can change this back to black/white by using  the format
> button on the toolbar but it doesn't stay.  Next time I use Outlook, I'm
> back to the grey/blue again.  How do I make it stick?
>
> The only thing that I have changed in recent times is the background
> colour in IE7 from white to grey, but this shouldn't affect Outlook
> surely?
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Geoff

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Remove GUID in email Subject Line in v1.2
How do I remove the GUID in the subject line of emails in v1.2? I see this KB at MS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829459 but it references CRM 1.0 only and the date of my Crmemaildispatch.dll file is later than the one in their hotfix. Can anyone give me some pointers? Follow those guidelines for setting the registry setting indicated. The hook to look for this is in the 1.2 dll already. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Stewart Arnold" <stewartarnold@DELETEIT.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4knmf.6410$L7.831@fe12.lga... How do I remov...

Opening Email #2
I am using "owa" to log into my email at work. Only on my home computer, once I log in, I can get into my email box, move from box to box, i.e., sent, draft, etc., however, if I click on an email to read it nothing happens. And interestingly enough I can check and email and delete it, but I can't read it. Any thoughts on what he problem is? This just started yesterday, prior to this everything was fine Thanks, John ...

non admin user cannot use application #2
after installing office 2004 via the installer as an admin user in Tiger and Panther the users on the machine that do not have admin status cannot access <use> the applications. The microsoft office folder and sub folders have a red minus sign which means access privileges are denied. G5 Panther and Tiger Dual boot Multi user Machine plenty o RAM Standard Users should not have a problem at all. Try repairing permissions. If you are deliberately creating users that are more limited than the default Standard user, check the permissions on the app folder. You may find this thread usef...

CRM 1.2 Console Logon Problem
Folks, I have CRM 1.2 installed on a SBS 2003 Premium server with the SBS SP1 installed, the default port number for the site is 83 and not 80 as it would conflict with another product. I have created a link for users with the port number in and this works fine from client machines, but if I use the server console to try and access the same site an authentication box appears and will not accept my credentials (Administrator) and then fails with you do not have permission to access this site. The same happens if I try and use the Deployment Manager. If I log on to a client Workstation...

Want to know if there is a canned project summary format that I can use/customize #2
Hi Debra, Thanks for the tip. I found some very interesting templates there However, I didn't find any that suits my needs. I will continue t search for that -- ssaiba ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ssaibal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26567 ...

Money Plus Deluxe #2
Money Plus Deluxe freezes every time after I input a deposit to my bank account. Ctl-Alt-Del shows that money is not responding and I have to exit out. This is a consistent problem. Norton Fire Wall has been set to allow Money so I doubt Norton is causing the problem. Money simply stops responding. Anyone else having this problem? All help will be appreciated. Just bought the program yesterday. Ozark wrote: > Money Plus Deluxe freezes every time after I input a deposit to my bank > account. Ctl-Alt-Del shows that money is not responding and I have to > exit out. This ...

Object required for (Wscript.sleep 15000) #2
Hi, We run the following macro in EXCEL in order to perform OS Backup, but we got the errors like: For Example: When we run the following macro in Excel, we got errors like: 1. Object required for (Wscript.sleep 15000) 2. Object required for (Wscript.Echo "Not in Archivelog Mode! Hot Backups not possible! Aborting!") 3. File Not found (strArchive = "arcchk.txt) (Set objArchive = objFS.OpenTextFile(strArchive, 1, 0) I think we have to define some variables in order to run that macro successfully. Could someone please suggest abo...

exchange scripts #2
Would like answers to the following: 1) Is there a tool for recovering a .pst file even if it has been passworded 2) Is there a script that i can use to configure a user's outlook immediately the user's log on, instead of going to each client system to configure it 3) How to customize the display name of users using outlook in Active directory so that it would be a combination of first letter of first name plus the surname 4) While creating users using Active directory i want a situation that by the time i press the tab key to go to the full name and user log on name attributes i...

Exclude Data #2
Dear all, I'm trying to exclude some data in my access table, but the code bellow doesn't work. I need that excel to exclude all data in the table that contains a criteria in two range of excel. It's the message error: "no value was supplied for an or more necessary parameters" For example: Table accounting_code profit_center date value salary 3 01/01/07 100 I have the range a1 for the profit_center and range a2 for the date. Then I will put in range a1 =3D 3 and a2 =3D 01/01/07, then I will click in a button...

Personal Files #2
I moved a personal folder from a machine to a network so the machine could be reloaded. After reloading the software I copied the file back but when I open it in Outlook it looks like a new folder with just deleted items. The file still shows about 750mb in size but it's content will not display. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks ...

Publisher v2.0 #2
I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0 documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer. Was able to save files to a CD. Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows Vista). When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or something like that.) What can I do to open the files in my new computer? Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer does not have a floppy disc drive. What can I do? Thanks. "...

2002 Publisher #2
When I try to save my Publisher Docs to a CD it says incorrect function or it is a read only file. Can anyone help? I am not tech savy. -- Kramer Save to the hard drive, copy to the CD. When you are ready to edit the file, copy to the hard drive. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kramer" <kramers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CF648FA-101E-4FF4-8DC9-377103FD2B4E@microsoft.com... > When I try to save my Publisher Docs to a CD it says incorrect function or it > is a read only...

640-801 FreeExamKing #2
640-801 FreeExamKing Hello, Click here to download latest questions and answers brain dumps for actual and real exams. Almost every certification preparation questions are available at http://freeexamking.com/vendor.asp?v=7 ============================================================================= ...

Relay Error? #2
When sending to one particular domain, I receive the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mailservername.com #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <sender> to <recipient> for I.P.Address> I can telnet port 25 of this domain from my Exchange Server, and can successfully send mail via commands (which eliminates blacklisting), so I'm thinking that it's a configuration issue with my Exchange Server. I checked to ensure that Realying wan't al...

Inventory templates #2
I created a template in Excel 2002 that I use when applying chemicals on my golf course. The template serves the dual purpose of calculating amounts of a specific product that I need to add to my spray tank, and also allows me to keep a record of my applications as required by the EPA. I would like to add a worksheet to this template that has my chemical inventory. Once the inventory is created I would like to have it update whenever I use chemicals. I would appreciate any help or suggestions to set this up. Thanks ...

unlimited change tracking #2
I'd like to use change tracking similar to what Word has. I found such a feature in Tools | share workbook, but it limits you to a specified number of days. I want all changes tracked permanently--essentially version control...is that possible? _____ DC G ...

Removing text #2
I have a column of names with text and numbers at the end eg J Smith ABC 5.0 I'd like to remove the last characters leaving the names only. Can anyone help? Thanks DR Hi maybe a formula like =TRIM(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)) in an adjacent column -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DREED wrote: > I have a column of names with text and numbers at the end > > eg > > J Smith ABC 5.0 > > I'd like to remove the last characters leaving the names only. > > Can anyone help? > > Thanks > > DR One way: =LEFT(A1,MIN(IF(ISNUMBER(1*MID(A1,ROW(...

conditional formatting with FORMULA... Please HELP! #2
Hi all, I have price data in rows like this (each price takes up a cell): 5 5.43 6 6.25 6.50 8 15 9.25 9 8.75 8.50 8.50 8.50 8.50 13 I need to show trends via conditional formatting where on 3 or more consecutive days prices fluctuate EQUALLY by 0.25 or more each time, up or down... IE, with the above data, I would want to "flag" let's say, in red fill color, the sequence 6, 6.25, 6.50 as well as the group 9.25, 9, 8.75, 8.50, but NOT the group of 8.50, 8.50, 8.50. I have tried if/and/or statements again and again and come close on simpler tre...

Error when trying to login to CRM 1.2
Just installed CRM 1.2 Server on Windows 2003 Server and when I navigate to the site I get an unknown error message, MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Source File: Line Number: Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at ...

Uninstalling MSCRM 1.2 and Re-installing
Hi, I installed MSCRM 1.2 with the wrong Organization Name. So I need to uninstall and re-install. Does anybody have additional documentation for this? I plan to backup all databases, and export an xml configuration file. Is this all I need to backup before I do the uninstall? Thanks, Do Hello Do, here is the briefly description "How to uninstall MS CRM". But make sure that you have a complete Backup from all systems available. ---------- How can I uninstall the Microsoft CRM Server while leaving the data intact? Resolution The following procedure will retain your Mic...

vs2003:CFrameWnd::OnDDEExecute's bug? #2
// always ACK the execute command - even if we do nothing LRESULT CMainFrame::OnDDEExecute(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { // unpack the DDE message UINT_PTR unused; HGLOBAL hData; //IA64: Assume DDE LPARAMs are still 32-bit VERIFY(UnpackDDElParam(WM_DDE_EXECUTE, lParam, &unused, (UINT_PTR*)&hData)); // get the command string TCHAR szCommand[_MAX_PATH * 2]; LPCTSTR lpsz = (LPCTSTR)GlobalLock(hData); int commandLength = lstrlen(lpsz); if (commandLength >= _countof(szCommand)) { // The command would be truncated. This could be a security problem TRACE0("Warnin...

2 questions #2
Instead of putting the news button on the go menu, can I create a custom button directly on the toolbar for OE? Also, in the "folder list" view, is there a way to get rid of the window with "folder sizes" and "data file management" in it? Thanks!~ perhaps a shortcut? "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews "Ron" <ronDOTpREMOVE@2REPLYmchsi.XXcom> wrote in message news:Tolec.14325$wP1.33453@attbi_s54... > Instead of putting the news button on the go menu, can I create a custom > button directly on the toolbar for ...

Converting from 2003 to 2000 and ending with web publication #2
A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have Pub. 2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first save it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she receives it it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the print publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own computer, it is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and I don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong. In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file to her it was i...

Formatting Issues #2
I made up a flyer like message for some property I'm trying to seel in Outlook. I had it formatted just the way I wanted, but when I sent it to my Yahoo account to test it, the formatting was all messed up. How do I keep it from doing this? Hard to say without any details. You have to be aware that designing for a website is something different than designing for a mail client. Mail clients and especially web based mail clients do not support all HTML and CSS formatting options in the way a webpage would. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outloo...

How do i transfer spreedsheet info in excel to MS Word make label #2
How do i transfer information on a Excel spreadsheet into a word mail merge to make labels. I am new at this. You don't mention a version, and details vary on that basis. Generallyyou want to work from within Word to create your Form document and begin the mail merge process. Assuming the data in the Excel file is stored appropriately you can specify that file as the Record Source for the merge. When you complete the merge Excel's data will be read into the labels, one label per record. HTH |:>) "water" wrote: > How do i transfer information on a Excel spreads...