back up messages

I need to re-install Windows XP and would like to know how to save my
important e-mail messages to a cd? Thank You.

Hi,

Outlook stores all of your information in a Personal Folder File (.PST).  For more information on how to backup your information , please refer to Knowledge Base article
287456.KB.EN-US
OL2002: How to Work with Personal Folders Files

You can access this article by clicking on the link below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;287456

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "John & Jeannine Thomas" <jjthomas12@sbcglobal.net>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>Subject: back up messages
>Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:36:40 GMT
>
>I need to re-install Windows XP and would like to know how to save my
>important e-mail messages to a cd? Thank You.

0
scatki (156)
2/15/2004 3:36:21 PM
http://www.genie-soft.com/
0
Mike9729 (9)

Message for Stan
I have been reading that you are starting a new "Global Empire" and are looking for people to hire. I was wondering if you will be having an Internet in your new "Global Empire" and if so, is the job of "Moderator" available? I would like to apply for that job. Please let me know where I can get the application. Thanks very much. A loyal subject!!! ...

Importing WLM Messages
I recently converted from Win 7 RC to Win 7 Pro, before I wiped my drive I exported all of my information. When I began the import process everything went smooth. Contacts, accounts, favs, cookies ect. all came over without a problem, however my messages will not import. I get an error that says: "No messages can be found in the folder or another application is running that has required files open....." I have nothing else open and when I manually go into the directory I can open the messages one at a time. However they are in no order and it very hard to fin...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Email Message(s) Not Being Retrieved
I've been waiting for an email today but Windows Mail hasn't retrieved it. I then decided to go online to my email client's web site and the email is there! The email was posted on the server today at 10:05 AM. The message isn't in any of my other Windows Mail folders including the Junk Email folder. Any idea why this message isn't being retrieved by Windows Mail?? James Sorry I found the message. I had them sorted oldest to newest. Duh. "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23r5VO4H7KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

Exchange OMA error message. Please read...
When our i-700's with Pocket PC 2003 attempts to access our mail exchange server, all we receive is the following error message: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Home" mail.domain.com/exchange works fine though. We've installed the service pack 1 for exchange 2003 to attempt to fix this issue and are having the same results. Does anyone care to share how they may have overcome this exchange problem with their compatible PDAs and Exchange's OMA (Outlook Mobile Access...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

message stuck in outbox
large attachment in outbox locking up application. regular delete will not work; how do i delete Are you connecting to an Exchange server or are you using a pst. "hodges" <kc_hodges@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06b101c366bd$0b84cad0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > large attachment in outbox locking up application. > regular delete will not work; how do i delete ..pst >-----Original Message----- >Are you connecting to an Exchange server or are you using a pst. >"hodges" <kc_hodges@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:06b101c366bd$0b84cad0$a40...

Excel 2007 compatibility checker message
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003. I open it in Excel 2007 and Save As without making any changes. I get a compatibility error: "Some formulas in this workbook are linked to other workbooks that are closed." It does not have a "find" link. How do I find these formulas? Thanks. JerryK You could use Edit Links on the Data tab to see what the names of the linked workbooks are and then do a Find on them. If that doesn't work you might try Bill Manville's Find Link utility although I don't know how it works with Excel 2007: http://www.oaltd.co.u...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Possible to create a rule to alert on BCC messages?
Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 Hello: I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as a blind copy. I was hoping to create a rule to alert me when I'm in the BCC field. However, when using the rules wizard, I only see the options regarding my name in the To or CC field. Is there a way to create this that I may be missing? Thank you. In article <#pJLIK1ALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, victoria@dig.com says... > > Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 > > Hello: > > I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as ...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

Money 2004 files to back to Money 2000 program
My computer in Florida has Money 2004. When returning to Wisconsin I tried using the Money 2004 files with my Money 2000 in Wisconsin but the program would not open because it asked for my "Password". I have never used a password before and don't have a password. I have been using Money programs for 5 years and this is the first time I have had any problems. Any ideas? JoeinWisconsin -- -------------------------------------------- Joseph R. Ferris (Joe) E-mail: jferris@tponet.com URL: www.jferris.com ---------------------------------------- In microsoft.public.money...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

One front-end server multiple back-end servers
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with the following scenerio and make some suggestions as to an answer. We have 3 exchange AG groups. 1 AG group has 3 exchange servers in it, each located in it's own AD domain. 1 AG group has one exchange server in it, it's in its own AD domain. Thirdly, the last AG group has 2 exchange servers in it, both are in the same AD domain. 1 of these 2 exchange servers in the final AG mentioned is a front-end server, that should be supporting all the exchange back-end servers. The problem we are facing is that when a user from any of the ...

Backing up Hyper v cluster with DPM 2010 RC
Hi I have some questions about backing up a hyper-v cluster with dpm2010 RC. 1. We have installed agent on all the hyper-v nods. When I then is going in to the DPM console and creates a protection group I see all the hyper-v nodes and also the “clusternamexx (cluster)”. If I want to backup the VM`s to have a possibility to restore the VHD files shall I backup the VM`s in the “clusternamexx (cluster)” or can I check the folders containing the VM`s at the hyper-v node C:\ClusterStorage\volume\VirituallMachineName ? What is the difference? 2. If I shall backup using the VM`s in ...

False number of unread messages
For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my Inbox, but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? "Ayrhead" <Ayrhead@discussions.com> wrote in message news:61EED10D-B8A6-4293-A60D-540E9E90C446@microsoft.com... > For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my > Inbox, > but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? View menu>current view>disable group messages by conversation should reveal the missing message. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. ht...

Keep message from being forwarded automatically
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to keep messages from being forwarded? In help I found Restricted permission, but I can't find that icon on the email toolbar, so maybe that is a flaw in the help file. ...

blocking messages
I have a problem and hope someone here can help me.. The messages that I try to block don't go to my deleted folder, they keep coming to my inbox. Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.... Ladi Version of Outlook? How do you try to automatically delete them? By means of the Junk E-mail Filter (Outlook 2003) or by means of a rule? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Betty" <ladi@localnet.com> wrote in message ne...

Incoming message arrive as an attachment
Hi, Can some one help me. I recently start receiving incoming message as .txt attachment as well as the inline text. These is really weird...just start very recently. I am using Exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. Thank you in advance. Tim >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Can some one help me. I recently start receiving incoming >message as .txt attachment as well as the inline text. >These is really weird...just start very recently. > >I am using Exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. > >Thank you in advance. > >Tim >. > never seen that problem. Uni...

Cannot send message
Please advise how to engage. My crystal ball is broken. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Joe" <jftodd@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:OR%23Ltbi7KHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Please advise how to engage. Get down on one knee, give her a diamond ring. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Joe...

I imported messages from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002
I used the export option in Outlook Express to get my old messages/folders to OUtlook... However, I cannot delete any of the messages. It gives me a "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown error...if continues restart Outlook"... I have an I still can't get rid of them. MTB <MTB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I used the export option in Outlook Express to get my old > messages/folders to OUtlook... However, I cannot delete any of the > messages. It gives me a "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown > error...if continues restart Outloo...