Automating Forms template

Greetings,

I am trying to figure a way to create a shortcut button to apply to an
Outlook Toolbar that would pull-up a form I have created for a group of
users that need to have an "enhanced" Journal Entry form.  Is there a way to
Macro this or just click on the Template without having to go to
Tools-->Forms-->Choose Form and then try to find the form that they want.  I
am dealing with people that are not computer savvy so the easiest way to
achieve this would work best.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter,

Robert Wisian Jr.

0
rwisian (26)

See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/launchform.htm

FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the
hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Junior" <rwisian@thechippery.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to figure a way to create a shortcut button to apply to an
> Outlook Toolbar that would pull-up a form I have created for a group of
> users that need to have an "enhanced" Journal Entry form.  Is there a way
> to Macro this or just click on the Template without having to go to
> Tools-->Forms-->Choose Form and then try to find the form that they want.
> I am dealing with people that are not computer savvy so the easiest way to
> achieve this would work best.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Thank you for your time and attention to this matter,
>
> Robert Wisian Jr.

0
suemvp (4038)
12/2/2004 5:11:25 PM
Thanks Sue, I will head down there and poke around.

--R

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/launchform.htm
>
> FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the
> hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
>

> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Junior" <rwisian@thechippery.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I am trying to figure a way to create a shortcut button to apply to an
>> Outlook Toolbar that would pull-up a form I have created for a group of
>> users that need to have an "enhanced" Journal Entry form.  Is there a way
>> to Macro this or just click on the Template without having to go to
>> Tools-->Forms-->Choose Form and then try to find the form that they want.
>> I am dealing with people that are not computer savvy so the easiest way
>> to achieve this would work best.
>>
>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Thank you for your time and attention to this matter,
>>
>> Robert Wisian Jr.

0
rwisian (26)

Borderless form
I'm trying to create a borderless and caption bar less form. It is so easy in VB6. Any easy way to do it without API's in VBA (Outlook 2k3)? If the form is for use in Outlook, you should post to the microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms newsgroup. I have cross posted this response to that newsgroup so someone there may jump in with a response. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message ...

User Form Display Question
My problem is that the User Form is to big to fit on the Screen. It works good on 1 Computer, but when I use A computer with a smaller Screen it becomes way to big. When that happens 30% of the Form is cut off. Is there a code that I can run on UserForm_Initialize that will size it for the Screen. It would be nice if it would size according to the Display settings. I found this code here in the forumn but I can't get it to work. Sub size_form_and_controls() Dim start_height As Long Dim start_width As Long Dim new_height As Long Dim new_width As Long Dim height_ratio...

Using spreadsheet to fill in forms
We need to create a form of an invoice in a very specific format (determined by an international shipping company). We will have several items which will need to be filled in on every invoice. We would like to be able to fill in all the pertinent invoice information on a spreadsheet and have each line populate the form/invoice to save & print. I have used forms in the past in which we just tab from text entry to text entry but we're hoping to make this easier on the user by using a spreadsheet or some other form instead of bouncing all over a form. Is there a way to d...

Different Contact forms in the one deployment
A client has a need to use different forms for two separate divisions, as they use very different terminology. Is this at all possible in one Server deployment? Understand you could have two deployments, but they need to be able to amalgamate the information. Has anyone had any experience or ideas with this? Any help on the best way to go about this would be much appreciated. Many Thanks Cathy Cathy, I don't think this is currently supported. One workaround might be to use a tool like Virtual Server and run two instances of the CRM front end on the same machine. There are a f...

Error message when closing form views
Hello I'm currently developping for CRM 4.0. I'm still working on IE6 in my company. My problem is, if I open a contact (the user form view), or any other entity (even custom ones) and then close it, or save-close it, I get an error from CRM. The error message does not appear on all computer, only on mine for now. I'm afraid when we will go live, some of the "real" users will get the same error. The error message says : "Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error...." (Can't post the report because the computer where the bug appear has no interne...

programatically read closed form/report caption
Hi all, Can this be done? I have a combo box on a form that is set to the "Name" field of the sysobjects table. I use it to select a report to open. I would like the combo box to display the caption or something less db'ish than the actual object name Thanks in advance, NickX Nick X <Nicknnator (no) @ (spam) aol.123com> wrote: >Can this be done? I have a combo box on a form that is set to the "Name" >field of the sysobjects table. I use it to select a report to open. I would >like the combo box to display the caption or something less db'...

Scan Forms
Is it posible to scan A form from scaner as image or what ever work, so I can use this form again on my PC and be able to fil form, does any program help in that, Thank you Sam Not in one step. It would involve scanning it in as OCR, correcting whatever errors occurred in that process, cleaning it up, and then converting it to a form. It's not you'd be able to do in 5 minutes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sam Z" <Sam Z@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47818284-84EE-42B4-8103-154A8D61102E@microsoft.com... > Is it posible...

Add a field to General Contact form?
Is it possible to add a field to the General form under the Contact tab for an Outlook (2007) contact? I'd like to add a "Relationship" field between the Job Title and File As fields. Can someone explain how to do this or point me to instructions? I'd be happy to pay someone a consulting fee to walk me through it over the phone. Can anyone recommend a good Outlook consultant? Thanks ...

Form Dirty Property
I am having difficulty in exploiting the ‘On Dirty’ property of forms. Sometimes it works as expected but, more often than not, changes to controls bound to table fields fail to trigger the On Dirty event. I am then forced to associate each amendable control with an After Update event. That invariably works but, with a dozen or more amendable controls on a form, the resulting code can look pretty clumsy. There is something that I have clearly not understood. Can anyone enlighten me? I just want to take appropriate action when any control on a form is updated or amended. -- Peter ...

Templates and dates
Is there a way to set up a template to open with the current date, but when I save the document as a .DOC file the date will NOT change when the file is opened at a later time? I'm going to be using the template with both Word 2003 and Word 2007. I am MUCH more proficient with Word 2003. In fact, I feel as bad with Word 2007 as the first time I tried Word 6.0, if not worse as Word 6.0 was far more similar to ClarisWorks and AppleWorks GS than Word 2007 is to Word 2003. Insert a createdate field in the document template where you want the date to appear- see also http://sbarnh...

Link to fileshare on form
Hi. A costomer wants a linkt field on the account form, that links to a fileshare, e.g. \\server01\folder1\folder2\ Hi want the folder to open, when you click on the link. If I create a link field, "http://" is inserted in front of the link. As I remember, I have seen a work around on this problem. Can anyone help? Thanks Regards Jacob Mondrup CRM consultant www.vivant.dk Hi Jacob, what about using SharePoint and then making asp.net page which shows all documents for concering customer? Or your customer manullay paste the Url at "Run" to open the Network / ...

Data Form Deletions
Annoying for years, but perhaps the is an alternative I haven't discovered; When finding records using the Data Form based on Criteria, the recordset is restricted to only those which match the Criteria. However, if you delete those found records one at a time (using the Form's delete button), once you delete the last _matching_ record the next records in the list appear in the form -- even though they _do not_ match the criteria. I realize it is a matter of user recognition to notice that, but I can't begin to quantify the number of users who have gon on to delete those add...

Access 2003 Forms
My tool box does not expand or light up when moved into design view. No orange colors. What to do? Check te startup options of the database. Tools-> StartUp See if the checkbox "Allow built in toolbars" is checked. Check all checkboxes for that matter. Default setting is all checked. If you have the db from someone else it might be that there is some code running to disable them at startup. hth -- Maurice Ausum "Sheepman" wrote: > My tool box does not expand or light up when moved into design view. No > orange colors. What to do? ...

How do I build a Home Inspection form in Excel?
I'd like to build a form that can be used on a Pocket PC and then transfered to a desktop PC. I do home inspections and rather than write a longhand description of the house and related issues on the job site, I'd like to use my Pocket PC, calling up an Excel form that has basic single-line field entry information along with several drop-down selections. For instance, in STYLE of HOUSE I'd like to have a drop-down with Ranch, Cape, Colonial, Modern, RRanch, XCape, and in GARAGE I'd like to have 1-Car Attached, 2-Car Attached, 1-Car Detached, 2-Car Detached, etc.. I...

create a fill in template to tab to fill in cells
I am creating a sales order template. I want to be able to "tab" to the empty cells in order to enter information. How can I make this happen? I am using Microsoft Excel 2003 version. Use Cell Locking. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/cell_locking_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Excel-erator" <Excel-erator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06D26D50-B5DA-4C2F-AC54-9B65947B1A5C@microsoft.com... > I am creating a sales order template. I want to be able to "tab" to t...

Email template's To: field
Hey there, Just a strange one and not sure if is by design... when I create an email template in Template Manager (Opportunity), the To: field is grayed out in respect to specifying the end user. I can set the CC: and BCC: fields but not To: field, and on top of that when tested using a Workflow rule, it automatically sends the email to the Account (i.e. as the To: field). I don't want this to occur, I wanted to create a confirmation email that sends to a certain employee/user set and not to the client account? Is this the norm? or is this a possible fault with my Email templat...

Error on this line (Bad ptr for template name)
if (!_AfxCheckDialogTemplate(m_lpszTemplateName, TRUE)) { ASSERT(FALSE); <- goes off here // invalid dialog template name PostNcDestroy(); // cleanup if Create fails too soon return FALSE; } template pointer was 0x83 <Bad Ptr> What is a typical cause of this error? Thanks Jack "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> ���g��l��s�D :uQqGFQfAFHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > if (!_AfxCheckDialogTemplate(m_lpszTemplateName, TRUE)) > { > ASSERT(FALSE); <- goes off here // invalid dialog template name > PostNcDestroy(); // ...

Help Needed Installing Templates D/Led from Microsoft Templates Site
I recently D/Led a bunch of templates for Word and Excel. After the D/L completed, there were a number of cab files in the target folder. However, none of the files have a default application assigned. Stuffit will not work, and a search of the MS site left me cold. I am running Office X, Mac OS X Tiger. Can someone tell me how I exptract files from cab files. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. -- Thanks Gary Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Out of some piece of idiocy, you can't download templates in a Mac-usable form. If you can do the extraction on a windows compute...

Query by Form in a Data Access Page
I have not worked with data access pages before. How can I create a DAP that has text boxes to allow users to input query parameters. Basically I need to do a query by form in a DAP. I'd like to be able to do it in a single page (form/subform) like what I have in the Access file itself. ...

Complaint form
I have created a complaint form that many people can use and send bac to me (the complaint coordinator). The form is generic. I would like the form to be saved having a uniqu file name. I had previously though about using the Canadian styl random number generator but everytime the individual complaint file are opened, the numbers change. I have also thought about manuall typing sequential numbers as all complaints come thru me anyway. another I dea that I had was somehow to have a formula or macro look u in a log the next sequential file name/complaint number but do not kno how to do thi...

forms and pages
Hi there I want a form that will act like a page in that you can have the form somewhere on a network where people can get to it to input data, but the data and the reports are located somewhere else on the network. I understand a page can do this, but if possible I want to sent up the forms to do this. If not, can a page have lists boxes that look up data and pull the data up so one can modify or enter new data? -- Thank-you! Ruth Hey Ruth Access can do what you want best way is to split the database in a Frontend (FE) and a Backend (BE). Then you can put the tables BE on the ne...

Remove field from form
Is it possible to remove a field that is required by the system or business or an event dependent field? There is no way to do this and probably won't ever be because the system and dependencies require these fields. The only fields you can remove are fields with no dependencies or business recommended. Hope this helps, Jairy >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to remove a field that is required by the >system or business or an event dependent field? >. > ...

Outlook form cache problem
In the company where I work, we use custom forms without code. The custom forms are used as a forced form when a new appointment or meeting request is made in a resource calendar (in a public folder). When an existing appointment is opened, most of the time the form is showed. However several times a week there is a problem with the form cache and the default appointment form is displayed instead of the custom form. The problems occur when the user has opened multiple appointments in the same resource calendar. The custom forms in other resource calendars are still available for this u...

Does anyone have a raffle ticket template
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh.... It's kinda echoey in this big empty space..... -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher you guys are hilarious... getting bored at work? hahah http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mmlury" <mmlury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7550DA71-CAD9-463B-A9D1-E2FB61EEE554@microsoft.com... > ...

Rounding decimal values in forms and reports
Just for your information: Some months ago I asked a question about decimals in presentation of numerical fields in forms and reports. Now I just happened to bump into an answer myself, which seems to help me in most cases. A numerical value (long real, double precision) has maybe 15 decimals. If the field in the form or report isn't wide enough to show all 15 decimals, it just shows #####. What I asked about some months ago was a method to show the value with just as many decimals, as there is room for. Now it seems, that if I make a calculation in a field of the select que...