Automatically send email montly

I'm setting up scheduling on all the workstations to run cleanmgr.exe
and AutoDeFrag.exe every month.

When this task is complete I want the stations to e-mail the Log file
(SchedLgU.txt) to me so I can check that the tasks ran properly.

Is there a way I can automatically schedule the same e-mail &
attachment to be sent each month?

Cheers,

Bruce Walker
0
b_lwalker (8)

Take a look here, it may help:
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Bruce asked:

| I'm setting up scheduling on all the workstations to run cleanmgr.exe
| and AutoDeFrag.exe every month.
|
| When this task is complete I want the stations to e-mail the Log file
| (SchedLgU.txt) to me so I can check that the tasks ran properly.
|
| Is there a way I can automatically schedule the same e-mail &
| attachment to be sent each month?
|
| Cheers,
|
| Bruce Walker

0
MillyS (3228)

Automatically Starting a Excel Addin
Hi We are using Excel 2000 and have a Addin that create a extra Tool bar. What we want to do is get this automatically loaded everytime someone loads Excel. If I go to Tool \ Addin and tick our addin it loads everytime OK. But we don't want to get all our users to have to do this themselves, if we know either the regit key or file that we needed to puch out to our users we could turn this setting on for them. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Paul www.purenetworking.net Jan Karel Pieterse used a helper workbook that added an addin in his namemanager utility. You can find it a...

awkward message when replying email
I'm using windows xp with ms outlook xp as my primary email client. When I replaying an email, the original message goes like this (1) but when I'm replying any email it become the number (2). Is there any setting went wrong? I'm in the need of solving this problem as I'm not the one who is wrinting the original message when I reply to any email. Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------ 1) Original replying email should be as below. -------Original Message-------- From: Lee Cheng Poh [mailto:PC...

view email in html format
i just switched from express to outlook 97 v8.02 and now my email opens in text format. it did open in html if required when i was using express v6.0. how can get my email to open in html format instead of text? ...

Copying attachments to another email gives odd results
Hi, Using Outlook 2003 SP3 using an updated Windows XP SP3 When I copy 5 attachments from one email and paste them into another, it some times pastes the same attachment for all 5 but uses the correct name. I end up with an email with 5 different names, but they're all the same file. Saving them locally then reattaching seems to prevent this and it happens in rare situations. Is this a known issue? ...

Centralising email store
Hi All! I work in an office with three computers, the main one with most of the data on and two others. The three computers are directly networked to each other through a modem/router box.. We currently have OE6 but will shortly move to Outlook. Before I move, I could really do with some help with a question. It used to be one of my jobs to enter new contacts into the Address Book on each computer. Then I would have to run regular checks to make sure no-one else had been entering data and that the address books were all up to date. Eventually I got bored with this and tried to find a bette...

how to prevent a formula in a summary sheet from automatically updating when a row is addedto the referenced sheet
I have a workbook set up that consists of several sheets and a summary sheet that refers to the third row on every other sheet. The worksheets that are referenced contain dated information that is sorted with the most recent entries entered in row 3 and these are the entries I need to track in the summary sheet. When I insert a new row 3 in these worksheets, the formula in the summary automatically updates to line 4 and I need it to always reference row 3, the newest entry. This should be simple but I cannot find the solution. Any ideas? Thanks, krisp1950 You could use the INDIRECT fun...

Looking to automatically "unhide" rows in excel using hyperlinks
Using Excel 2000 and want to hide rows then have those rows automatically displayed if a hyperlink is selected. ...

Importing email accounts from Outlook 2000 into 2003 (via iaf files)
Hello there, Summary: How to import Email accounts from Outlook 2000 iaf files (created when exporting) into Outlook 2003. Full details: I done what I thought was a great idea, after having a problem with my PC decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (from 2000) Pro as it was offered to me free (Or I could have taken a memory upgrade). Reading this newsgroup it would seem that was a mistake! My current problem is that I cannot import that many email accounts I had created in outlook 2000. One work around is to import first into Outlook Express 6 and then import from there, but I still have to do...

How do I send a group list without the actual names showing?
Cindy <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: 1) Ask your question in the BODY, not the subject. 2) Put the addresses in the Bcc field. -- Brian Tillman "Cindy" wrote: > Thanks! ...

Automatically inserting symbols
Dear all I have created an Excel worksheet (97) and need to enter a "tick" in several cells. In Word, you can apply a short-cut to a symbol so you can enter it quickly but I can't find a similar function in Excel. Is it possible to use shortcuts and, if so, how do you create them? Thanks. Louise Here's a macro to do the job:- '--------------------------------------- Sub TICK() ActiveCell.Value = Chr(252) With ActiveCell.Font .Name = "Wingdings" .Size = 10 .Bold = True End With End Sub '---------------------------------------- --------------------...

How to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook Express 6.0
In OE6.0 I have my settings so that on exiting the application all items in the Deleted Folder are permanently removed. I occasionally run "Compact all Folders". Sometimes I would like to recover emails deleted since my last compaction and today see that my "Deleted.DBX" file is large. I presume the emails are still present there but marked "not for display". Is there a nil cost way of restoring the deleted emails? I have tried an importing approach with no success. Thanks in advance for helpful comments. -- Geoff Not an Office issue. Outloo...

Send on behalf issue #4
Hi, I granted Full Mailbox and Send on Behalf permission to a user but when it send e-mails I don't see the text "On behalf of". Why ? I have Exchange 2003 with a Store.exe file version of 6.5.7651.61. Thanks, Stefano In news:emtyRTdUHHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Lorenzo <anonymous@anonymous.com> typed: > Hi, > > I granted Full Mailbox and Send on Behalf permission to a user but > when it send e-mails I don't see the text "On behalf of". > Why ? > > I have Exchange 2003 with a Store.exe file version of 6.5.7651.61. > > Thanks...

email addresses in excel
How do I make email addresses in Excel open with Netscape 7 Messenger. I tried to run 'Set Programs and Defaults', selected Netscape 7 Messenger as my default mail client but it still uses Thunderbird (which was default prior to that) when I click on email link. I also restarted my computer to refresh the registry - it didn't work. Is this something I can configure in Excel or is this part of the XP OS settings. Thanks in advance Hi bluepuppet. Take a look at this site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "bluepuppet" wrote: >...

transfering emails
I've purchased a new computer and loaded my same version of Microsoft Office onto it. My question is with Outlook...how do I move all the folders and emails I've created/saved and my inbox (etc) onto the new computer? I'm going to assume you're using either Outlook 2002 or 2003 since you didn't mention your version...that assumption allows me to point you to a particular article :-) Look at the following two articles for help with this -- one is a primer on Outlook files, and the other gives instructions for moving to a new Outlook 2002 or 2003 machine. http://www.sl...

Missing emails in outlook 2007
In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night, when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail. Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically. But, when I came back. I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's Inbox. So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox" but at all mails. This means the mail box considered that these 15 mails already download. This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep using ...

How do I get e-mail addresses to be in hyperlink automatically
In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mail address or web site as I was preparing a letter and it would automatically put into a hyperlink mode. How do I do this with Windows 7? It has nothing to do with the version of Windows. What version of Word do you have? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Cyclone57" <Cyclone57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0E26C20-6C34-452F-A001-0F2BE2F50EBF@microsoft.com... > In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mai...

Email Piping
Is it possible to do email piping in Exchange. We run a helpdesk ....perldesk that was designed for unix but can run on windows. To get some of the features to work email piping has to be set up on the mail server. Is this possible with Exchange? "Peter Fraser" <p_lfraser@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is it possible to do email piping in Exchange. We run a >helpdesk ....perldesk that was designed for unix but can >run on windows. To get some of the features to work email >piping has to be set up on the mail server. Is this >possible with Exchange? No. At least ...

Getting email from my hard drive
My desktop system recently lost it's power supply and I have not decided if I am going to replace it or not. I purchased an external hard drive enclosure so that I could get the important emails that were in outlook before my loss of power. Now I am unable to figure out how to pull them up. I can get to almost everything else that was on the hard drive except the email and outlook items. Does anyone have any suggestions? Look for files for a .PST file extension. This file will contain your calendar, contacts, tasks, e-mail, .etc. Just have to copy the .PST file to a new m...

Unable to setup email account
I have got a new machine which runs Windows 2000 pro, I installed MS OFfice XP STD. I go to run outlook for the first time so that I can setup the email account etc. I get the following error message "The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall." I am logged in the machine as administrator and I have reinstalled outlook, even run a repair, nothing appear to be working for me. Excel and Word run OK. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Reliable send keys
Hello I use the code below to open and run ipconfig /all to file. It woks fine on my laptop but is hit-and-miss on other laptops, sometimes running; sometimes producing Enter only; sometimes nothing more than the open cmd window. Is there a way to ensure the code does its job? I was thinking of While Dir produces nothing and shortening the wait time but the thought of the SendKeys disappearing into buffers or elsewhere worries me - running the code in break mode experience :-) Is there another way? Sub RunCMD() Dim ReturnValue sCmd = "ipconfig /all > " &a...

how do i reset data automatically? #2
ok...what i need to do is add mondays total to tuesday..then tuesdays to wednes days...and so on...then on sunday clear the workbook.but keep the totals thru the end of the month.... -- n8rboy1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ n8rboy1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15775 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273794 ...

Link to send file to an e-mail address
How do I create a link within a workbook to send that workbook to an indicated email address? Thanks. PJ, The following code will create an Outlook MailItem with the current workbook as the attachment Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") 'Dim myOlApp As New Outlook.Application Set myitem = myOlApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) myitem.Display myitem.Recipients.Add Sheet1.Range("a2").Value myitem.Attachments.Add ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ThisWorkbook.Name http://HelpExcel.com "-PJ" wrote: > How do I create a link within a wo...

Forwarding reminders by email
Hi, Is there a server-side script or tool (in Exchange 2003) for sending email notifications for Calendar and Tasks reminders? Thanks... nh ...

Multiple sending of jpg or bitmaps
i send many cad drawings to clients. I scanned them in paperworks to my computer then send them to outlook express. outlook sends the drawing in 1-100 emails in data form then sometimes collapes it back together to one email on the sender's end. tried everything known but to know avail. ...

Outlook 2003 automatic downloading in IMAP accounts
Hi to everyone! When I setup my IMAP account in Outlook 2003 and made my first send-receive, I realized that IMAP's main operation didn't work well. In all previous versions, Outlook downloads only headers of messages in IMAP accounts. To download the entire message I had to double click its header. Now if for example my incoming messages are five, Outlook 2003 downloads the headers of the first four and tries to download the entire fifth! The outcome is that hole system crashes until downloading of the message is done! If by mistake the mouse pointer clicks a header (not double-clic...