Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?

OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for
arguments sake).

The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually
change each profile to reflect the new server.

Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this?

I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the
Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me.

Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done?

Thanks

<carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message
> OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for
> arguments sake).
>
> The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually
> change each profile to reflect the new server.
>
> Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this?
>
> I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the
> Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me.
>
> Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done?
>
> Thanks

If you leave the old Exchange server up and running after you
replicate/re-home your public folders & move mailboxes, your clients will
'automagically' find the new server the first time they log in.

Isn't that easier?

0
lanwench (7567)
11/23/2005 11:46:53 PM
Ok...say if i have 2 computers in the network... will i have to log all
the users into outlook on both pcs? they use local profiles you see.
With multiple profiles on multiple pcs that is why I was hoping to use
something along the prf file. Also the server is actually going to be
removed completely as there is no space in the room.

thanks
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
> <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message
> > OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for
> > arguments sake).
> >
> > The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually
> > change each profile to reflect the new server.
> >
> > Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this?
> >
> > I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the
> > Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me.
> >
> > Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> If you leave the old Exchange server up and running after you
> replicate/re-home your public folders & move mailboxes, your clients will
> 'automagically' find the new server the first time they log in.
>
> Isn't that easier?

In news:1132823893.261114.173020@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk>
typed:
> Ok...say if i have 2 computers in the network... will i have to log
> all the users into outlook on both pcs? they use local profiles you
> see. With multiple profiles on multiple pcs that is why I was hoping
> to use something along the prf file. Also the server is actually
> going to be removed completely as there is no space in the room.

I would use roaming profiles anyway, and this would then not be an issue (as
well as other things).

> thanks
> Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
>> <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for
>>> arguments sake).
>>>
>>> The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna
>>> manually change each profile to reflect the new server.
>>>
>>> Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this?
>>>
>>> I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the
>>> Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me.
>>>
>>> Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> If you leave the old Exchange server up and running after you
>> replicate/re-home your public folders & move mailboxes, your clients
>> will 'automagically' find the new server the first time they log in.
>>
>> Isn't that easier?

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Window Redirection?

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Relay from unstruted server

Relay Servers?

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Setting up a new e-mail account

Microsoft Exchange Server

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...