Automatically move mail *from* Deleted Items folder

I get a lot of email that I read quickly then delete using a swift
press on the delete key which drops the mail into the Deleted Items
folder.  However, I never want to loose the mail so I regularly move
all the mail from Deleted Items into another folder for storage.  Is
there any way I can get Outlook 2002 to automatically move any items
that arrive in Deleted Items to another folder?  I can't get it to
work with the Rules Wizard as it only allows me to run rules on my
Inbox. Alternatively, how do I set up a method to move the mail from
my Inbox to the storage folder directly without going via Deleted Mail
but still only using a single key press or a single click on an icon?

Thanks,

Ken
0
kenord (2)

Here is an idea

Create a rule that deals with all incoming mail. It should read like this

Apply this rule after the message arrive
Move a copy to the "FOLDER NAME" folde

When it asks for which conditions, do not select anything, click next and it will ask whether to apply to all incoming mail? Click Yes

This will leave you the copy in your inbox for quick reading and then deleting but also leave a copy in another folder if you need to go back to it

Hope this is of some help

Regards
Ash.
0
anonymous (74722)
4/27/2004 10:21:03 AM
A) Don't use your deleted items folder for stuff you need - if it isn't
trash, don't put it in the trash. You wouldn't put your diamond bracelet in
the wastebasket, would you?
B) You can bypass the deleted items folder when deleting by holding down
SHIFT+Del if you don't want clutter.

Kooky45 wrote:
> I get a lot of email that I read quickly then delete using a swift
> press on the delete key which drops the mail into the Deleted Items
> folder.  However, I never want to loose the mail so I regularly move
> all the mail from Deleted Items into another folder for storage.  Is
> there any way I can get Outlook 2002 to automatically move any items
> that arrive in Deleted Items to another folder?  I can't get it to
> work with the Rules Wizard as it only allows me to run rules on my
> Inbox. Alternatively, how do I set up a method to move the mail from
> my Inbox to the storage folder directly without going via Deleted Mail
> but still only using a single key press or a single click on an icon?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

0
lanwench (7567)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Receipt not in Item Transaction Inquiry
I have a client that uses project accounting. They have received against a purchase order. The receipt shows up in the Purchase Receipts Inquiry, but does not show up in the Item Transaction Inquiry. What could be causing this? ...

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

New mail scrolling issue
Hi everyone, I have a user who has an annoying issue when composing a new email. When the body of the message exceeds the vertical size of the text area, instead of scrolling down with the text, the text area scrolls to the top so she can't see what she's typing. This is Outlook 2007 on a cleanly installed system. Thanks, Dan mekmon@gmail.com <mekmon@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a user who has an annoying issue when composing a new email. > When the body of the message exceeds the vertical size of the text > area, instead of scrolling down with the text, the text area...

CFile (delete file)

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Outlook Freezes when opening e mails
Has anyone seen a problem when opening a new mail message that arrives and your Outlook completely freezes and the the only way to get back into it is to end task on it and re open. As the user you can not delete the message. As an administrator you can open the users mailbox and delete the message for them. We are using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2000 clients. Thanks Try removing the profile thru control panel>mail>show profiles and then recreating the profile. >Has anyone seen a problem when opening a new mail message >that arrives and your Outlook completely freezes a...

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Setting up a new e-mail account

Can I view e-mail in Exchange?
Help! My IT guys are not here and I need to know if I can view e-mail from the Exchange server. I just found some porn stored on my GoldMine e-mail server and want to see if I can trace it to a certain mail recipient. Is it posible??? Thanks! Jen you cannot view the email except via OWA or Outlook, accessing the mailbox...but you can perform a message trace...what version Exchange? "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D34C6913-D507-4B58-91E9-4EDB211D737D@microsoft.com... > Help! My IT guys are not here and I need to know if I can view e-mail fro...

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Workplace Queues