automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to public Calendar?

Is there a way to automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to a
public Calendar?

Having the person who added the event send me an invite is not an option,
because they will not do this. (I am required to check the calendar to see
if any events have been added.)

I can't see a way to quickly see what new events have been added so I have
to check the whole calendar. (Or is there a way to view events by the date
they were added, not the date of the event?)

TJ

There should be some solutions for this at =
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Hollywood TJ" <hollywoodtj@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
> Is there a way to automatically get an alert when someone adds an =
event to a
> public Calendar?
>=20
> Having the person who added the event send me an invite is not an =
option,
> because they will not do this. (I am required to check the calendar to =
see
> if any events have been added.)
>=20
> I can't see a way to quickly see what new events have been added so I =
have
> to check the whole calendar. (Or is there a way to view events by the =
date
> they were added, not the date of the event?)
>=20
> TJ
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Exch. Server in Child Domain
Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange server? Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uRS2KYKOGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's > exchange server? > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote: >Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange >serve...

Exchange 2003
Hello I have a newly setup production exchange server (sp2). It is only serving a small subset of my organisation, about 15 users, using mydomain1.com. My active directory contains around 100 user accounts that do not have exchange mailboxes and they use our old pop3 based system and have a seperate email domain name, mydomain2.com. It would appear that whenever someone with an exchange mailbox (mydomain1.com) sends mail to people with an email address listed elsewhere in the active directory (mydomain2.com) it gets stuck in the local exchnage delivery queue rather than forwarding i...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Unable to add custom field to a view/preview
I added a new attribute to the Quote and I am able to add this attribute to the form but the new attribute does not appear in the list of fields when I create a new view. Further, the new field does not appear in the list of fields if I try to add it to the quote preview. I am able to store and retrieve the value of the new field using the API. Thanks for any info. I figured it out. JohnE wrote: > I figured it out. Hi John! How do you solve the problem? Publish and IIS reset don't help. I don't see custom fields in "Customize views", but i can see custom fields ...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

Need help converting Microsoft Outlook calendar to Entourage.... At wits' end here! Please advise...
I have a Mac at work which runs Microsoft Outlook 2001 client on an Exchange server. I have a calendar on this machine (stored locally, not on the server) which has a ton of reminders programmed into it - very useful! Now, at home I got a new Mac laptop with Entourage X. Is there any way to move all of the reminders (appointments) from my calendar on Outlook to my Entourage calendar? I've tried two things: 1) I exported the calendar info as a CSV text file, and then tried importing it in Entourage. The problem is that Entourage import function seems to think it's importing an Address...

How do I add a Trendline to a Pivot Chart
How do I add a trendline to a pivot chart? Help Thanks Leroy Maybe rightclick on one of the series lines in the chart and select Add TrendLine. Leroy wrote: > > How do I add a trendline to a pivot chart? Help! > > Thanks, > > Leroy -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How to make a pop up combo box like calendar pop up
I have a form with a series of text boxes for entering order information. But because i want to be able to select more than one entry from a combo box, I thought it would be nice to have each item added to a text box and for neatness and ease of programmability, I'd like it if a combo box would pop up beside the text box much like the date picker pops up when entering a date field. Then each item selected could get appended to what's already in the text box. So my questions are: Does such a thing already exist and i can just download it and add it to my database? ...

Event ID c0072030 #2
We have an Active Directory Organizational that contain all of our contacts. I have run the delegation of control wizard and given a user full control over the contacts OU. When I log on with that users account and try to update to add an SMTP address to a contact I receive the following error: There is no such object on the server Facility:Win32 ...

Public Folder/OWA problem
We're running a pure Ex2k3 environment. I'm trying to setup a public folder where end-user software can be posted. This way, users can access our front-end OWA server outside of the network, open public folders, and then save the software to their local PC. The problem is that i get a "403 Forbidden" error whenever i try to download the file off of OWA. I checked that users had all permissions to the folder.. I found this TechNet article that describes something very similar (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834743/en-us). The only problem is that it refers to som...

Restoring Public Folder to a Recovery Server
Hello, We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can we acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried installing outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database. Thanks in advance Hi, "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery > server (separe forest). We ar...

Excel Events Conflict with VB and C# AddIns
Hi, I have two com addins running in Excel. One is written in VB and the other in C#. Both addins are interested in the Workbookopen event. When the event is triggered the c# code captures the event but the VB code does not. If i disable the c# addin then the vb code works. Looks like the c# addin is somehow blocking the vb events. Anyone know how to fix this? Many thanks, Andy There is only one WorkbookOpen event, so once one add-in hooks it, there is nothing for the other one to hook. If you are hooking the WorkbookOpen event in your add-ins, this is likely your problem. You may need...

Canceling an OnClick Event
Hi all, Is it possible for a BeforeUpdate event of one control to cancel the OnClick event of another? Details: I have an unbound form that allows for editing and creating sites. txtSiteNo has a BeforeUpdate event that checks if the site already exists, and if it does, asks if you want to edit it. If so, the rest of the unbound text boxes update to what's already in the database. ctlAddSite has an OnClick Event which adds/edits the table info to the values of the rest of the unbound text boxes. Everything works fine, except that if someone enters an existing site int...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Publisher calendar, how can I show the previous/next month?
I need to show the past and previous months in blank days at the top of a per month calendar, but can't see how to do that. Thanks. Create a yearly calendar in a new publication. Ungroup, copy the separate months, paste to your main calendar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jennie" <Jennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF4CF698-ABB8-4F01-A667-CC6AA87A9732@microsoft.com... >I need to show the past and previous months in blank days at the top of a per > month calendar, but...

Copy NDRs to public folder
All, I have moved my postmaster mailbox into a mail-enabled folder, which is working fine. However, I cannot get Exchange to send copies of NDRs to the postmaster mailbox. If I select any other "true" mailbox, it's fine. Isn't this supported or am I missing something? Any help appreciated! -- Kind regards, Erik Cheizoo eXcellence & Difference - we keep your business running ============================================ Always test in a non-production environment before implementing Guidelines for posting: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 ======================...

getting tight vertical fit automatically
Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? If format|row|autofit is too "loose", then I think manually is the way to go. Kevin wrote: > > Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to > hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? -- Dave Peterson ...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

how do I change cell references automatically in formulas
In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns. Each week I add a new row. I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the first row to the last.. Each week I have to change the data range to reflect the new last row for each chart. Is there someway I can do this automatically? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3551F9-FBC6-4841-95B4-618AB1893190@micros...

Vista getting shut down by a Trojan
Do anyone know what to to to scan for a Torjan on WinVista? This one shut the machine down within 5 minutes of startup. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! Lying Stephen Harper has got to go! Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! On 10/03/2010 13:10, The Doctor wrote: > Do anyone know what to to to scan for a Torjan on WinVista? > > This one shut the machine down within 5 minutes of...

help when bills are automatically debited from my bank
I had and tried Money 2002. I entered my data about a dozen times. Things "looked" great, but the program never quite worked for me, partic. with respect to reconciling/balancing my account. I heard Money 2004 made things much easier, so I bought that but I am having the same problems. I think it might have to do with how my bill payments are set up and how I enter those transaction into Money when I first provide the info: I do online banking with Citibank. Since Money and Citibank don't have the automatic connection, I have to download statements from Citibank in...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

Landed Cost add on from Retail Realm
Has anybody used the landed cost add on from http://www.retailrealm.us ?? We badly need a way to figure Landed Costs and this is the only thing we've found yet. I would love to hear from anyone who has used it. Thanks ...

Outlook is trying to think for me again and getting it wrong (again!)
Please dear lord tell me there is a way to turn this off... I recently composed an email using Microsoft Outlook (2003 SP2) that was supposed to be a list of items, each on a single line. line 1 line 2 line 3 Well, for some reason unknown to me, when the email was sent Outlook reformatted my email and put all the individual lines into a single paragraph with commas and spaces between them. line1, line2, line3 NO NO NO NO NO!!! Not only did I never get a warning that this was going to happen or a chance to reject these changes, but I wanted it the way I freaking typed it! Is there an ...

How do I publish incoming FAXES to a public Folder?
Hi, I would like to know if its possible to instruct the Microsoft FAX Service to publish all incoming FAXES to a public folder as PDF. TIA Ferdinand http://www.aloaha.com/portal/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1 89#189 "Ferdinand Engelhardt" <fengelh@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eorN6#7EFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like to know if its possible to instruct the Microsoft FAX Service > to > publish all incoming FAXES to a public folder as PDF. > > TIA > Ferdinand > > http://tinyurl.com/6cdjb...