Automatically forwarding emails

Hi

I need to forward emails to a specific user to her external email. The user
only wants those emails forwarded who are addressed to her and not
the ones that she is cc'd or bcc'd. Hence my choice of client side rule.

I have done the following;

1. Created a contact with her external email address under 'Active Directory
Users and Computers',

2. Ticked 'Allow Automatic Forward' under Exchange->Global
Settings->Internet Message Format->Default->Properties->Advanced tab.

3. Logged in to the relevant user's pc under her name and in outlook created
a rule as below;

Apply this rule after the message arrives
where my name is in the To box
forward it to <Contact Name>

Problem is forwarding is still not working. What more can I do or where
should I look for any problem?

Many Thanks

Regards

0
john6244 (170)

What I've found that works better is to create an out of office reply and add
a rule to it that auto forwards the email to a user's internet email address.

However, if you're using Exchange check that it allows replies to the
internet and autoforward to the internet.

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"John" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to forward emails to a specific user to her external email. The user
> only wants those emails forwarded who are addressed to her and not
> the ones that she is cc'd or bcc'd. Hence my choice of client side rule.
>
> I have done the following;
>
> 1. Created a contact with her external email address under 'Active Directory
> Users and Computers',
>
> 2. Ticked 'Allow Automatic Forward' under Exchange->Global
> Settings->Internet Message Format->Default->Properties->Advanced tab.
>
> 3. Logged in to the relevant user's pc under her name and in outlook created
> a rule as below;
>
> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> where my name is in the To box
> forward it to <Contact Name>
>
> Problem is forwarding is still not working. What more can I do or where
> should I look for any problem?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Regards

0
KOrland1 (1012)

How to add sender email automatically in Outlook 2002
Please tell me how to send setup for all my sender email address can automatically put into my address book, for example like outlook express you can do that pretty easy. Right click on the senders address, select add to contacts. This is the only way in Outook 2002 and later. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Erick asked: | Please tell me how to send ...

Outlook2000, email/receiving and sending
The problem is that Outlook 2000 cannot receive incoming mails, even though it can send out e-mails. Currently XP Home edition is running. Also I have Outlook Express running ( for Hotmail as well as Comcast.net), even though Outlook is set for dafault (I believe default is for Comcast only, because Hotmail account is not setup in Outlook 2000). The problem is that any mail addressed to Comcast is going to Outlook Express, not Outlook 2000, which I wanted to. Outlook 2000 attempts to retrive mails (icon showing "looking for the server"), but eventually fails and a message box ...

can't reply or forward messages
I use Outlook Web Access Version 5.5 SP4 for our companies internet email. I can view all of my emails just fine. However, when I try to reply, reply all, or forward any email, I hear a "clicking" noise, the window closes, and nothing happens. I believe that this started after I installed Windows XP SP two ...

Wnat to change email address of Public Folder email address with Exchange 2003! Get error
The HTTP service used by Public Folder is not avialable, possible are that the Public stores are not mounted and the Information Store service i snot running. Id no: c1030af Exchange System Manager Used as part of SBS 2K3 Publick folders and information services are started and working properly! Questions? 1) How to fix Public stores are not mounted? How? 2) Fixed with Exchange SP1 "Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:z0Nqe.59554$887.53617@tornado.socal.rr.com... > The HTTP service used by Public Folder is not avialable, possible ...

POP3 Emails and Exchange Server
Hey all: I have a virtual POP3 Server running on my exchange server 2000. My company just purchased a bunch of Treo 600 and want to set them up to receive corporate emails. What I would like to do is use the POP3 Account instead of purchasing a package that would work directly with Exhange Server. My question is how do I find out what my pop3 account name is. I tried using pop3.mydomainname.com, and mail.mydomainname.com, but that didn;t work. Can anyone provide me with the steps to locate the name of my pop3 account. Thanks ...

"tracing" email
One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another account. What do I need to find out who is sending this mail, or at least figure out where it is coming from? ANY information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Doreen "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote: > >One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. >They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another >account. > >What do I need to fin...

Disapearing emails
Outgoing emails are sent and a copy is placed in SentItems box, however they do not reach SMTP server. Outlook behaves as though it connected to the server and sent the email, however it never reaches the SMTP server and therefore is not delivered. Even an email addressed to myself never gets delivered. The SMTP server appears to be functioning correctly; I am able to send email via the web interface to my account. All the incoming email is retrieved correctly from the mail server. Any ideas? Is it possible that I have a trojan that redirects all outgoing emails to a different SMTP...

Forwarding Rules don't work....
Hi all.. I've observed some bizarre behavior with outlook 2002. I have a rule to forward e-mail to an external account.. Here is the bizarre behavior 1. The rule won't work unless you run it manually 2. Even when the rule works, mail doesn't get forwarded to the external account A. You can even observe the mail going to the outbox.. B. A copy of the forwarded message is placed in my "Sent Items" folder, but it still doesn't arrive ...

Email Message Security
I got email forwarded from someone. How do I find out if the original email message has been compromised? Ask the originator of the email? "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6129114D-319B-470D-8FD7-1A304F1D9A63@microsoft.com... :I got email forwarded from someone. How do I find out if the original email : message has been compromised? email is about as secure as these users groups "Wayne" wrote: > I got email forwarded from someone. How does a doofus like me find out if the > original email message has been ...

Contacts with multiple email addresses #2
Need Help When I right-click a contact and click create new message, all of the contacts three email addresses autimatically appear in the "to" line. How do I prevent this from happening. In other words, how do I make one the three addresses for that contact a default address so that only that one appears when I try to send an email. Thanks ...

automatic send/receive doesn't work
I have a user who is running Outlook 2002 on Office 2000 Professional. Her e-mail account is a POP account. The problem is that her e-mail messages do not come through unless she hits the Send/Recieve button. Her Outlook is set up so that when Outlook is Online an automatic send/receive is scheduled every 5 minutes. Any thoughts on what else I should check? Dan Create a new SRS group and make sure the user hasn't inadvertently set her profile to work offline. Why are you mixing Outlook/Office versions? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

How do I send an Automatic Message at a pre-defined time?
Hi, I 'd like to send an automatic message after a certain action is completed. How do I configure outlook to do this? ...

Send page as (the body of the) email..., How?
In IE 6 > open a page *on the web*> File > Send > Send page as email...> the result is a message with the page as the body. But when I open a *local* HTML file, one on this computer, and try to send as email, the result is a plain text email with the HTML page as an attachment. Why is there a difference? And how do I "Send page as email" with the page as the body of the message when the page is stored locally? IE6 and Outlook 2003 -- ********************* * Nehmo Sergheyev * ********************* > In IE 6 > open a page *on the web*> F...

If I delete a profile will the email still be available?
Hello All I have SBS 2K3, outlook 2003, mail is saved in personal folders. I am getting MS exchange is in recovery mode messages when I log in with outlook 2K3. i say a post that said to delete the profile, and make a new one to aleviate this error, my questions is will the email be o.k? Thaks for any info MMJII MMJII <MMJII@microsoft.com> wrote: > I have SBS 2K3, outlook 2003, mail is saved in personal folders. I am > getting MS exchange is in recovery mode messages when I log in with > outlook 2K3. i say a post that said to delete the profile, and make a > new one to a...

Email DomainA/Email DomainB
I have a recipent policy now (Default) that allows everyone to get a email addres user@abc.com and user@efg.com. I want to add another domain; xyz.com but only allow specific users to get those email addresses. The number of users is small enough that I could manually add the email to each user. According to a previous post, I could create a new policy for the new domain (so exchange allows the reciept of the email) and leave it blank, but I wonder if I leave the policy filter "blank", will it create email addresses for all the users automatically, or can I pick and choose b...

how do i configure outlook to use my aol email account
jonbon wrote: <nothing> PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm the answer: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm which Google would have told you with 6.5 million hits in 0.43 secs. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#aol -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-t...

Copy an email to a saved folder
I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is no "copy to folder" button in the drop down list, such as there is in Outlook express. Can I get one in there somehow. If I save it to a word file I then cannot respond to it. On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:57:18 -0700, miltdp <miltdp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still >having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is...

frozen emails in queues under smtp local
Our exchange server 2000 was working fine till to wensday afternoon.Then it started working slow.Then I got lots of emails (incoming and outgoing) frozen in queues. I checked the server with Virus Killer and spyware I couldn't locate anyone. Then I tried to start and stop smtp service. so some of emails got delivered (a few)and some didn't ( lots of them ). I even deleted all emails from queues the restared Server. But no result, again I got lots of new emails frozen (marked frozen). I tried unfreeze command but it didn't helped. any idea or help would be appreciated. Hi ...

Outlook Junk Filter is filtering good emails sometime
I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to never filter emails from his address. Using outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 Frank. Can you add them to the Safe Senders list? "WizardOnTheRun" <frank.perryman@dadeservice.com> wrote in message news:1186663659.958194.221190@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the > junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to > never filter emails from his addre...

the server will send emails again after rebooting if lots of recipients
Hi all, We are using a microsoft exchange 2000 server fully patched running on windows 2000 server professional fully patched also. My problem is that everytime i restart the server, it will send again the emails that have been sent to lots of recipients (like 70 or 100 recipients). No matter when the email have first been sent and delivered... It's the second time i restart the server and i had to freeze all the queues in order to stop some messages, but even messages sent in september last year were ready to be delivered again... I've looked for the logs, event log...

The mail is not automatically sent
We are sending a lot of mails daily from Microsoft CRM. The mails go out to the customers both manually and also automatically from workflows. Now I have created a new workflow which contains a mail. The mail has automatically been sent before but after I added a GUID to a serviceactivity (a link) in the mail the e-mail only appear as an activity so I manually have to click "Send" on the mail to make it go to the recipient. Does anyone have any idea why this happens and how I can solve it!? Hi Sailor, Can you provide me with more details? , you have added the Guid to the ema...

email recovery #2
i just recently reformated my computer to the extentent of no lossage of files on my computer. everything was retained except the files. my isp said they should be still on my computer but dont know the extension to the files. i was wondering how i could recover these files. my os is win xp,office 2000, outlook 2000. outlook 2000 email, contacts, calendar, .etc is stored in a file with *.pst extension. default location is in a hidden directory under one of the following locations. \documents and settings\<userid>\application data\microsoft\outlook \documents and settings\<u...

EMail on the web
Hello I am receving allot of spam via email address on our website. How can i prevent people from using the email address on our site to send spam mail to others and also sending spam mail to us. In this day and age - a good Spam Filter is in order. We use ORF at www.vamsoft.com "Otis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f0501c4480e$23403910$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > I am receving allot of spam via email address on our > website. How can i prevent people from using the email > address on our site to send spam mail to others a...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

Can't Send Email 06-28-10
I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. I cannot see a Tools or Email Account menu option in the mail window. Any help is much appreciated. -- JAK WLM version ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "JimmyAK" <JimmyAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E210642-A115-4F77-B60E-16181B3B45DB@microsoft.com... > I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. > I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. > I cannot see a Tools or Email Account ...