Automatically empty junk mail folder

Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking - just tell Outlook to send Spam
directly to the Deleted Items folder.

One problem with this. I have three email accounts set up within
Outlook. You can't set up junk mail options separately for each
account.

One of my POP accounts gets the most filthy spam, but my hotmail
account gets a lot of relevant mail ending up in the junk mail folder.
If I tell Outlook to send junk mail directly to the Deleted Items
folder, ALL junk mail for ALL accounts goes straight to Deleted Items.

I just want spam to one of my POP accounts to be deleted.

Any suggestions?

TIA

0
tbushell (2)

Aloha freeflytim,

Set the autoarchive properties on the folder in question to permanently delete
all messages more than 1 day old.  Then set autoarchive to run every day
and not to prompt you.  Not a perfect solution, but it should keep that folder
fairly lean.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr - MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

> Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking - just tell Outlook to send Spam
> directly to the Deleted Items folder.
>
> One problem with this. I have three email accounts set up within
> Outlook. You can't set up junk mail options separately for each
> account.
>
> One of my POP accounts gets the most filthy spam, but my hotmail
> account gets a lot of relevant mail ending up in the junk mail folder.
> If I tell Outlook to send junk mail directly to the Deleted Items
> folder, ALL junk mail for ALL accounts goes straight to Deleted Items.
>
> I just want spam to one of my POP accounts to be deleted.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA

0
bens1 (1425)
10/18/2006 9:53:48 AM
and to make it easier to browse the folder for mail from the hotmail
account, either group by accounts or create a view that shows only the mail
on hotmail account. Give it a once over daily or set autoarchive to delete
mail older mail.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
> Aloha freeflytim,
>
> Set the autoarchive properties on the folder in question to permanently
> delete all messages more than 1 day old.  Then set autoarchive to run
> every day and not to prompt you.  Not a perfect solution, but it should
> keep that folder fairly lean.
>
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr - MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm
>
>> Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking - just tell Outlook to send Spam
>> directly to the Deleted Items folder.
>>
>> One problem with this. I have three email accounts set up within
>> Outlook. You can't set up junk mail options separately for each
>> account.
>>
>> One of my POP accounts gets the most filthy spam, but my hotmail
>> account gets a lot of relevant mail ending up in the junk mail folder.
>> If I tell Outlook to send junk mail directly to the Deleted Items
>> folder, ALL junk mail for ALL accounts goes straight to Deleted Items.
>>
>> I just want spam to one of my POP accounts to be deleted.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> TIA

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/18/2006 8:14:24 PM
Thanks guys. Will implement your suggestions.

0
tbushell (2)

Send direct e-mail to customers
When I try to send direct e-mail (by clicking on the send direct email on the actions bar) I can get as far as choosing my template, but when I click send i get the following error message: "The Bulk E-Mail Service is not running" How do I start this service? Hi James, Check the services. Right-click on My computer -> manage -> Services and Applications -> Services. Search for Mcirosoft CRM Bulk email service -> start. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www....

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

Mail as web page
I want to send an advertising mail shot that looks like a web page. What is the best way to achieve this? ---------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission of the originator. Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/ ...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

Calendar/address book: sharing folder with only 1 .PST for n users
I'm going to share a folder on my file server for ten specific users where I create unique .PST file. For example I create test.pst and I assign full rights to this one for my 10 users. For every client, can I link MS Outlook to test.pst ? In this way I could use ONLY sharing calendar and Address book ? I'm not interesting to use mailbox on this pst, because for mailboxes I can use local pst for each machine. "Riccardo" <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in message news:990c53ca-cae4-4146-ace7-fec4287c7771@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I'm going to share a fo...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Symantec Mail Security for Exchange
Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does it say the word STANDARD. If anyone can help before I purchase this software that would be great. Thanks, Chad WEBIT Services On 3 Nov 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "crdvds" <crdvds@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work >on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? > >It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does ...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

Import mail from CD
Hi, I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Copied it from the CD to my hard drive, changed the read-only attributes. Imported into Outlook and get the message "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Win2000, Outlook 2000SP3, IomegaCD-RW 52x24x52x using Iomega Burn Any ideas? thanks Ruth Turn off the read-only property on the .pst file. Ray at work "Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161601c39d71$cc6da970$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Cop...

Can not empty clipboard #2
I have started getting a strange message in several of my MAC Office products including Word and Excel that says Can Not Empty Clipboard. I also can not copy and paste in any program including Safari. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks harper6702 Reboot and then run Disk Utility Repair Permissions. The clipboard is a file. I suspect it has overflowed or become corrupted. The reboot may take a long time: during a reboot, Unix cleans out its temporary files, and that may fix the issue... If it doesn't, I have no idea :-) On 16/11/06 2:17 PM, in article 1163647035.202984.70550@m73g2...

mail merge and cc
I use Word 2007 mail merge to Outlook. I also want to CC to one person during the mail merge. I cannot find a way to put CC. The built-in mail merge feature does not offer a way to do this. You can use a mail merge add-in to achieve this though; See http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/mass-mail The Mail Merge Toolkit from MAPILab fully integrates with the Mail Merge feature of Word and will add the CC and even an attachment option when doing a mail merge; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_mailmerge If you decide to order use 4PM76A8 to get a discount. -- Robert Sparnaa...

A program is trying to access e-mail #2
When I hit new or reply I get this box saying, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Symantec says it's a Microsoft problem. Microsoft says its a security patch sp3? How do I stop this dam message from poping up???? Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs updated to the latest version - antispam add-ins are a common cause although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were updated follow...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

e-mails history
Muy buenas. Cuando escribimos un mail la cuenta a quien v� dirigido el mismo queda almacenada en alg�n historial de modo que la proxima vez que vas a escribir un mail a esa cuenta, outlok 2003, te la propone. Me gustar�a saber como poder migrar ese historial para que quede utilizable en otro ordenador. jose <oeaoio@hotmail.com> wrote: > Muy buenas. > > Cuando escribimos un mail la cuenta a quien v� dirigido el mismo > queda almacenada en alg�n historial de modo que la proxima vez que > vas a escribir un mail a esa cuenta, outlok 2003, te la propone. > > Me gusta...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

is there a way to automatically insert and print random pictures
I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety of different pictures on the cover. Is there a way to automatically insert them from a file so each card has a different picture? You could setup a data base with the pictures, use the catalog merge. Help here Create a catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP101921831033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "judy" <judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D33513D-9069-47E9-AB24-E4C88EA8D4C0@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety o...

block calender empty slots
hi community my calender is a public calender. is there way to prevent others from viewing my free empty slots in my own calender because i do not want any e-invite? I am using outlook 2007 appreciate for any kind assistance in this.. 10s community :) -- oldLearner57 "oldLearner57" <oldLearner57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEDF7C0A-A57D-4901-9174-DAC9F5D64EE6@microsoft.com... > my calender is a public calender. is there way to prevent others from > viewing my free empty slots in my own calender because i do not want any &...

Posting to Public Folder-VIEW--the FROM field
When I post to a public folder, and click VIEW--the FROM field is grayed out. This worked in Outlook 2000. Are there any work-arounds? ...

Need help backing up OL2002 items (or folders)
HELP says: "If you want to create a folder to which you can drag items for safekeeping or to distribute to another computer. Create a new data file (.pst) and drag items to it. If you used the default name for the folder when you created the data file, the folder will be called Personal Folders . In the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the View menu, click Folder List.), drag any item from your current folders to the new folder. Press CTRL...

Track Activities in Public Folders
I want to put all of our customer contact information in a public folder. I also want activities of each user related to contacts. I know that tracking is configured in the properties of a folder. If the folder is in Public Folders\Favorites, can tracking be configured at the user level? If yes, what will happen when the user synchronizes with the server? If not, is there some other way to accomplish tracking activities related to contacts? ...

Mail received as raw HTML code
Hi. I have a problem with an automated mailing. I send a HTML email to various users using an asp page, to make the mailing I use ASPEmail. The problem is that one of the users, who has Microsoft Outlook Express installed, receive the mail as raw HTML code, however he is able to receive correctly other mails in HTML format. I=B4ve tried to fix this problem adding some META definitions to the mail=B4s code, I=B4ve used so far the following two: <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;" charset=3D"iso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2...

Reinstalled XP, now can't access Outlook mail. #2
We reinstalled XP Pro on our office machine. Now we cannot view our email (Outlook 2002)!!! Now when we launch Outlook it's as if it were a fresh install & we are a new user. HOW CAN WE USE OUR EXISISTING EMAIL ACCOUNT?? ...

Problem with empty cells when creating chart using vba
Hello, I am facing difficulties to create a chart from a sheet containing empty cells (I use Excel 2003 SP2). My sheet looks similar to this: A B C 1 0.1 2 0.2 25 34 3 0.3 23 27 4 0.4 24 6 5 0.5 25 16 6 0.6 27 21 7 0.7 Column A contains data (some depth in my case). Each cell in column A contains data. Column B and C contain some measurements made at the depth indicated in column A. I need to combine two graphics on one chart: the content of B in function of A and the content of C in function of A. The ...

Public folders #62
We are running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Domain. I would like to create a public folder to be used for calendar (Appointment) entries. I can create public folders, but do not seem to be able to make them so they will accept appointment entries. Thanks in advance for your help with this! Bill Antolec billa@northway.org I do not believe you can "book" appointments or invite PFs to meetings...you can enter the appoinments manually, and grant permissions for people to "view" them... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Bill Antolec" <billa@acorncg.com> wrot...