automatically add date to email #2

Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the 
date from the computer system.
Thanks, ddlaz 


0
ddlaz1 (4)
4/16/2005 7:37:42 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

6 Replies
424 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended, or
are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg?

"ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com...
> Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs
the
> date from the computer system.
> Thanks, ddlaz
>
>


0
DL
4/16/2005 10:36:48 PM
Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically display 
each time I write an email? If it will not happen automatically, then is 
there a way to put in in the body of the email automatically? Thanks,

"DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message 
news:e1$D6StQFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended, or
> are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg?
>
> "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com...
>> Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs
> the
>> date from the computer system.
>> Thanks, ddlaz
>>
>>
>
> 


0
ddlaz1 (4)
4/17/2005 4:39:18 PM
You can use a third party utility like Macro Express or TypeItIn to add date
& time formatted any way you like with a hot key (ME) or cursor click (TII).
http://www.macros.com/
http://www.wavget.com/typeitin.html

"ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:j7qdnT_dy-GrDP_fRVn-oA@comcast.com...
> Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically
> display each time I write an email? If it will not happen automatically,
> then is there a way to put in in the body of the email automatically?
> Thanks,
>
> "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
> news:e1$D6StQFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended,
>> or
>> are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg?
>>
>> "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com...
>>> Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs
>> the
>>> date from the computer system.
>>> Thanks, ddlaz
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>



0
toalice (2)
4/17/2005 6:04:15 PM
So, it the only way this can be done is to use an add-on product; it can't 
be done in Outlook?
"Rick Wickert" <toalice@earthlinkpourmoi.net> wrote in message 
news:%23957nf3QFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> You can use a third party utility like Macro Express or TypeItIn to add 
> date
> & time formatted any way you like with a hot key (ME) or cursor click 
> (TII).
> http://www.macros.com/
> http://www.wavget.com/typeitin.html
>
> "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:j7qdnT_dy-GrDP_fRVn-oA@comcast.com...
>> Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically
>> display each time I write an email? If it will not happen automatically,
>> then is there a way to put in in the body of the email automatically?
>> Thanks,
>>
>> "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
>> news:e1$D6StQFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended,
>>> or
>>> are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg?
>>>
>>> "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com...
>>>> Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs
>>> the
>>>> date from the computer system.
>>>> Thanks, ddlaz
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> 


0
ddlaz1 (4)
4/17/2005 6:37:15 PM
AFAIK there is no way to have Outlook automatically enter the time and date 
in the message body. Maybe other posters have more info.

"ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message 
news:KoadnYmucLxHMf_fRVn-1Q@comcast.com...
> So, it the only way this can be done is to use an add-on product; it can't 
> be done in Outlook?
> "Rick Wickert" <toalice@earthlinkpourmoi.net> wrote in message 
> news:%23957nf3QFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> You can use a third party utility like Macro Express or TypeItIn to add 
>> date
>> & time formatted any way you like with a hot key (ME) or cursor click 
>> (TII).
>> http://www.macros.com/
>> http://www.wavget.com/typeitin.html
>>
>> "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:j7qdnT_dy-GrDP_fRVn-oA@comcast.com...
>>> Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically
>>> display each time I write an email? If it will not happen automatically,
>>> then is there a way to put in in the body of the email automatically?
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
>>> news:e1$D6StQFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>> The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended,
>>>> or
>>>> are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg?
>>>>
>>>> "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>> news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com...
>>>>> Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically 
>>>>> grabs
>>>> the
>>>>> date from the computer system.
>>>>> Thanks, ddlaz
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
toalice (2)
4/17/2005 9:22:31 PM
Probably only if you use a VBA/Macro, or perhaps use word for your
msgs/template

"Rick Wickert" <toalice@earthlinkpourmoi.net> wrote in message
news:uLsBkO5QFHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> AFAIK there is no way to have Outlook automatically enter the time and
date
> in the message body. Maybe other posters have more info.
>
> "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:KoadnYmucLxHMf_fRVn-1Q@comcast.com...
> > So, it the only way this can be done is to use an add-on product; it
can't
> > be done in Outlook?
> > "Rick Wickert" <toalice@earthlinkpourmoi.net> wrote in message
> > news:%23957nf3QFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> You can use a third party utility like Macro Express or TypeItIn to add
> >> date
> >> & time formatted any way you like with a hot key (ME) or cursor click
> >> (TII).
> >> http://www.macros.com/
> >> http://www.wavget.com/typeitin.html
> >>
> >> "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> news:j7qdnT_dy-GrDP_fRVn-oA@comcast.com...
> >>> Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically
> >>> display each time I write an email? If it will not happen
automatically,
> >>> then is there a way to put in in the body of the email automatically?
> >>> Thanks,
> >>>
> >>> "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
> >>> news:e1$D6StQFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >>>> The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time
appended,
> >>>> or
> >>>> are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg?
> >>>>
> >>>> "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >>>> news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com...
> >>>>> Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically
> >>>>> grabs
> >>>> the
> >>>>> date from the computer system.
> >>>>> Thanks, ddlaz
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


0
DL
4/18/2005 12:47:41 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #2
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

Incoming Emails 01-15-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that I've already received and even deleted. On 1/14/10 5:47 PM, in article 59bb0f88.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Trdwnds@officeformac.com" <Trdwnds@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again > whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that > I've al...

1.2 danish -> 3.0 english
Is this possible ? Jack ...

reports question #2
Hi How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? I have a report "Detailed Sales with Tax & Tender" but the only problem is it does not show more than one tender type per transaction. So if a customer combines two tender types only one is shown. Thanks throw me a bone?...anyone cheers "christian" wrote: > Hi > > How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift > Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? &...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Cannot read Base64 encoded emails (OL98)
Hello folks, I have a problem with one of my Outlook 98 machines. One user (Ironically the boss!) cannot read base64 encoded emails, they come up as garbage, which I then have to run through a Base64 decoder. Other users also use Outlook 98, but can read the emails fine. the problem affects the message text and encoded objects. Mail is coming from the same local server (602 ProLan Suite). The machine with the error is running build 8.5.7806.0. The other machines (Which read messages fine) are both running build 8.5.5104.6. This leads me to thinking that the problem is a result of a ...

Sending email but outbox is empty
Hi NG, When I press send/receive Outlook shows in its status bar that it works on sending emails (Sending messages 1 of 4) but there is not mail in outbox. As a result I currently cannot send any other mails since Outlook keeps working on the 4 emails I don't see. Any ideas, I am clueless? - Thanks a lot for any help!!!! Dirk ...

set up email 07-14-10
hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful for any help. "Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE71BBC-D2DC-44F8-8C95-6F0810E00124@microsoft.com... > hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is > my > Blackberry phone.everytime...

Sharing Outlook #2
I want to set up three account on my outlook. I have already set up two of them. Is there any way of switching from profile to profile while in outlook? nope...afaik... "PaulaDawn" <blah@blah.net> wrote in message news:OHC8VWbSEHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I want to set up three account on my outlook. > I have already set up two of them. Is there any way of switching from > profile to profile while in outlook? > > Only by shutting down and restarting - switching MAPI profiles is not as easy as switching identities in Outlook Express. --� Milly Stap...

excel file can't be opened #2
hi,I'm cho I have a recent excel file (about 1 month),but since two days ago,the file can't be opened completely or always not responding. What should I do so that I can use this important file. Any help would be appreciated regards, cho ...

adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if same as their departm
A procedure was written to update all projects, adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if they are the same as their home department. It would be useful to know if there were a feature to define default projects by a given criteria - i.e. By department. [d]elete accesslest insert accesslest (PACONTNUMBER, PAPROJNUMBER, EMPLOYID, ContractEntry, ContractInquire, ContractReport, ContractReview, ProjectEntry, ProjectInquire, ProjectReport, ProjectReview, ALEntry, ALInquire, ALReport, ALReview, EEEntry, EEInquire, EEReport, EEReview, ELEntry, ELInquire, ELReport, ELReview, FFEnt...

Water Authority Add-On
Is anyone aware of an ISV add-on for CRM that would allow for the billing and collections requirements of a Water Authority? In researching these are commonly referred to as CIS systems. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks, Rick ...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

The easiest way to get free cash! #2
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I became a member of an interesting free website that is totally unique. It actually rewards its members for learning! You can learn lots of important things and earn rewards taking fun quizzes, plus earn cash for other activities! Membership is free, and people of all ages and educational backgrounds everywhere can become members and participate at their own level. It�s called �It P...

Automatic Generation of Campaign Response CRM4
Hi, Wondering if anyone can tell me if Email Router and Rule Deployment is required for the automatic generation of campaign response to work in CRM4? Many thanks! SW The e-mail router and rule deployment is one of the methods for e-mai integration in CRM as described in the implementation guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ceb5e01-de9f-48c0-8ce2-51633ebf4714&displaylang=en ....but it is not necessary to have the e-mail router installed to have campaign responses automatically created and tracked in CRM as described here in this blog: http://blogs.msdn.c...

Problems creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. I am using 2003 Publisher. I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for Genesis - I"...

HowTo add row to series data
1) insert row with ShiftDown 2) apply new data to the newly emptied cells 3) preserve original chart series range 1) after this code row 2 is empty cells Excel.Worksheet chart = (Excel.Worksheet)book.Worksheets["Chart Data"]; Excel.Range rngToday = chart.get_Range("A2", "D2"); rngToday.Insert(Excel.XlInsertShiftDirection.xlShiftDown); 2) this puts todays date into A2 rngToday.NumberFormat = "MM/dd"; rngToday.Value = DateTime.Today; 3) OOPS - the chart data is now A3..A7 because of the insert above How do I reset the souce data to A...

Emails in queue #2
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed on windows 2003. The problem is as follows It seems to be working fine then all of a sudden the messages pending for submission starts to fill up and all the clients get a message in their outlook stating "outlook is trying to retreive data from the microsoft exchange server". The onky way to resolve this is by rebootong the computer. Any ideas? Thansk You need to identify where the performance bottleneck is. The following link should get you started http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx In a...

can't add transfers to my budget
I have 3 accounts and I want to have 2 budget plans I want to have one "main" budget that has all my expenses, then another budget for my girlfriend and I's joint expenses. We have a joint account. I wanted to add the transfer from my checking into our joint account in my "main" budget. I have a group named "Transfers out of budget accounts" but I can't add anything to it or edit it. How can I accomplish this? I say one post here: http://umpmfaq.info/faq.txt that sounded hopeful, but when I tried to follow the instructions, nothing happened. Is t...

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...

Edit mailbox size limit message #2
Hi All, We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2k on desktop. We limit mailboxes to 100mb and issue a warning at 75mb, in order to give them enough of a cahnce to archive, delete, etc. My question is, can we edit the message that comes from the "System Administrator" to use our own verbage? Users get confused with the message because it says "Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 75000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size." They think this message means they won't be able to send or receiv...

try again email forms
Hi there I have searched for the codes to email a form/report in a body of an email and have Access connect to MS outlook to choose who to email to. I have tried several different codes and do not understand code. None of the ones that I have tried worked. The last one I have tried is: Dim mess_body As String Dim appOutLook As Outlook.Application Dim MailOutLook As Outlook.MailItem Set appOutLook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set MailOutLook = appOutLook.CreateItem(olMailItem) 'MsgBox (mess_body) mess_body = "The following Enrollment Form Order requires your...

Storing 7 days email on remote server
Hi, i need a solution to have a remote exchange server hold the last 7 days email in the same structure as our internal corporate exchange server. this is for DR purposes. i was thinking of implementing exchange 2003 in a remote data centre that stores the last 7 days emails. It will have the main MX records pointing to it and all emails will be forwarded to our corporate exchange server. Emails will be deleted off the remote server after 7 days oldest first. Part of our BCP is to have webmail access for users covering the last 7 days while we bring up our corporate exchange server in DR mod...

Cannot install RMS 2.0 Service Pack 2
I have created a VM with Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition (SP2) in order to test on it the integration between GP and RMS (HQ and Store Operations). Currently I need to update RMS to Service Pack 2 because one of the store databases which I am using for testing was backed up from a system using RMS SP2. The problem is that when I am trying to install the service pack I am getting an error saying "The update cannot be applied". Any ideas why this could be happening? Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_...

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...