Automatic stripping/saving of attachments?

Is there a way on Outlook 2003 to automatically save attachments into
a specific directory and to then strip them from the email? I get lots
of email of family members and the email will include a couple of
pages of text and then normally a load of photos. When I used The Bat!
I could set it to save the attachments to a specific directory and it
would then strip them from the email, so my mailbox files didn't grow
too huge. If ten people send me 1MB of mail, my pst will grow by 10MB
whereas in The Bat!, the mailbox folders would only grow by a matter
of KB because the files weren't stored there any more.

Make sense?

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
0

Makes sense indeed. You can't do it natively but Sperry Software has a great
add-in for this;
http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Attachment-Save.asp?Source=RS

If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"Bryan Anderson" <usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way on Outlook 2003 to automatically save attachments into
> a specific directory and to then strip them from the email? I get lots
> of email of family members and the email will include a couple of
> pages of text and then normally a load of photos. When I used The Bat!
> I could set it to save the attachments to a specific directory and it
> would then strip them from the email, so my mailbox files didn't grow
> too huge. If ten people send me 1MB of mail, my pst will grow by 10MB
> whereas in The Bat!, the mailbox folders would only grow by a matter
> of KB because the files weren't stored there any more.
>
> Make sense?
>
> --
> Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>

0
Roady
5/4/2004 9:15:44 AM
On Tuesday, "Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Makes sense indeed. You can't do it natively but Sperry
> Software has a great add-in for this;

> <http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Attachment-Save.asp?Source=RS>

Would have thought that this would have been fairly basic funtionality
built into Outlook. Never mind.

Don't suppose you have any clues about my previous post? The dialogue
that pops up when replying to an email which included remotely hosted
images?

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
0
usenet1542 (16)
5/4/2004 9:51:15 PM
You're welcome and I'll answer your other post in a sec...

--

> On Tuesday, "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Makes sense indeed. You can't do it natively but Sperry
> > Software has a great add-in for this;
>
> > <http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Attachment-Save.asp?Source=RS>
>
> Would have thought that this would have been fairly basic funtionality
> built into Outlook. Never mind.
>
> Don't suppose you have any clues about my previous post? The dialogue
> that pops up when replying to an email which included remotely hosted
> images?
>
> --
> Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>

0
Roady

Email attachments #16
I am currently experiencing an Outlook problem where any email attachment I add is automatically compressed into a zip file. I attach WORD documents or PDF files and the recipients receive these files as a .zip file. It has to be a preference problem, but I can't find a way to stop this automatic zipping of files. These same documents can be sent by others using Outlook 2000 without a problem. Has anyone encountered this problem before. thanks You have an add-in installed that does this like attachment compressor as this is not a native function of Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaa...

WM_QUERYENDSESSION and saving data through a worker thread
Hello I have an application that uses a worker thread to save/load data. I'm wondering what is the best reaction to WM_QUERYENDSESSION in my case. I have to possible scenarios: 1. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and wait for it to end. Only then return TRUE from WM_QUERYENDSESSION handler. The problem is that I will get nusty dialog that my application "is not responding". 2. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and return FALSE from the handler. When thread is done force application to end. But this way I will probably prevent Windows from closing,...

extract all attachments
Hi I am looking for a freeware soltuion to extracting all attachements from outlook2003 and replacing with a link to the file. WoodyUK See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm and the code samples at: http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=70 http://www.slovaktech.com/code_samples.htm#StripAttachments -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "woodyuk" <woodyuk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1108897893.566...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

attachments shown for all incoming mail
All of a sudden I am now showing all incoming mail with an attachment when there actually is none. Any ideas? ...

O2003 New Toolbars Saved Where?
I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" file and I can see my data (e.g. views) so I know its using the correct "outcmd.dat" file. However two custom toolbars I created are not shown nor are they in the customized toolbar list. Are custom toolbars saved in a different location? Thanks Shawn On Jul 24, 6:22=A0pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote: > I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 > and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" ...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

Don't want to automatically open email Outlook 2000
I have recently started using Outlook 2000 instead of Outlook Express. In Express - I was able to preview messages without actually opening the file. In OL2000, the file automatically opens up... is there any way of preventing this. ...

how to automatically suppress space before after column break?
Having Spacing Before and After on some of the styles, I seem to be unable to have the space before at the beginning of a column automatically dismissed when applying a column break. I have tried a couple of options under compatibility, but to no avail. This in on Word 2003. The No HTML function + No Space Before after column break do not solve the problem. Can you help please? Tools | Options | Compatibility: Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break. If this isn't working, then check to make sure you don't have an empty paragraph before the first text pa...

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

Outlook saves image attachment as bitmap
Hi. I have Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. When I save an image attachments, it only allows me to save it as bitmap. Before, it used to let me choose between bitmap & jpeg. I found an article on Microsoft's website, but it only pertains to Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978#appliesto). I did it anyways, but it didn't correct my problem. Thanx in advance, Candee ...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Sequentially number lines automatically

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

Attachment File Problem
hi my problem is , when i attachment any file to the new mail i can't attachment the file whyyyyyyyyyy i mean when we attachment any file to the mail must be automatic open new filed where it show us the attachnebt file ?????? but it's not happend in my system second problem when i recive any mail whit attachment file it gave me the message "OE REMOVED ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING UNSAFE ATTACHMENTSIN YOUR MAIL" HELP Pls. thank's You'll need to be a lot more specific if you expect anyone to know what you're talking about - exact error message is? Post it in t...

attachements
I just moved from Outlook Express to Outlook and lost the capability to see attached pictures within the body of the message. Is there anyway to turn this back on so you don't have to physically open each attachement? No there isn't any way, Outlook will only show pictures that are embedded "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:128e101c3f620$1710f700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just moved from Outlook Express to Outlook and lost the > capability to see attached pictures within the body of > the message. Is there anyway to turn thi...

Saving as web page
When publishing spreadsheets as web pages I would like to set the page to fit within a full screen view. I have some that fit and some that don't and I've worked with the formats in Excel to fit everything within the screen on all of them, but that doesn't seem to help. Can I set the format to do this? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Jeff ...

Automatic response email on Microsoft exchange 2003
How can I generate an automatic email response from a group of internal users to a group of external users? We have about 500 customers that we want to respond to when they send an email to a group of about 30 inside sales people. Is this possible? If this can not be done then can I send an automatic reply to any external email going to the group of 30 inside sales people? Thank you, Chris either make the external users post to a public folder and set the rule there to reply with a template or create outlook server side rule on one of the sales mambers (create a dummy user and...

How do I work in excel and then save it as a doc or docx?
I need to be able to work in excell and then save it in doc or docx format. If I cannot do this, can I make doc or docx so that I can use the automatic sum? In Word, you can use AutoSum of the Tables and Borders toolbar to sum the values in table. But when you change the values, you need to right-click the total value to refresh it. It can not update auto. Lee Li Fong http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/ Hi Nadine, You can open a Word document and Insert -> Object -> Microsoft Excel Worksheet Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

PDF attachments 06-21-10
I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my desktop then I can open it. Is that just the way it is? PDF attachments in OE6 used to work. I am running Vista. Help! Ed This fix only mentions Windows Mail but it should apply equally to Windows Live Mail : http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-attachments-from-Windows-Mail.html Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Ed Ahern" wrote in message news:e33LaPOELHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my ...