Automatic Rules Import / Export

Hi!
Is there any possibility to automatically import outlook
(xp) rules an clients (registry, policy or with a tool)?
>>> not manually import / export at the rules wizard

I would need this, because our Spam Defense Software is
configured that it only marks Mails with "*****SPAM*****"
but doesn't delete the items. I can't change theses
settings, because they are made by another department :-(.
Many Users want that these items are move to the deleted
items folder automatically.
I want to provide a global solution, not that everyone
needs to handle this on his own.
Any ideas?

Thanxs!
Peter

0
anonymous (74721)

You can do this on the Exchange server by using Event Sinks or use a third
party tool to move messages;
http://www.mapilab.com/exchange/rules/

If you decide to order use "4PM76A8" to get a discount

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
-Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003

-----
"Gamharter Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> Is there any possibility to automatically import outlook
> (xp) rules an clients (registry, policy or with a tool)?
>
> I would need this, because our Spam Defense Software is
> configured that it only marks Mails with "*****SPAM*****"
> but doesn't delete the items. I can't change theses
> settings, because they are made by another department :-(.
> Many Users want that these items are move to the deleted
> items folder automatically.
> I want to provide a global solution, not that everyone
> needs to handle this on his own.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanxs!
> Peter

0
Roady

Is there a rule to delete a domain from mail server?
Greetings. Is there a rule format to delete all mail from specific junk mail domains in OL 2000 &/or OE 6? Instead of trying to nail all the names from junk domains, I would like to just delete anything from those domains themselves. Thanks for your help. Outlook does no support delete from server, OE might. For best results use a program such as mailwasher. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google....

Exporting Contacts
Exporting the address infomration does not record which address is the mailing address... Any way arround this? BK ...

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

Trouble exporting Report to Excel
How do you increase rows to output size? When exporting a 2000+ page report to Excel (97-2002 *xls), stops on page 412 with message stating: “There are too many rows to output, based on limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access”. Using Access 2000 with Windows 2000 OS Excel has a hard-and-fast limit of 65536. When you export to Excel from a report, you usually get extraneous blank lines, so it's conceivable that you're hitting that limit. There's no way around it, other than to simply export the data (assuming less than 65536 rows) rather than the rep...

msg:"name of imported entity already exists" should contain name
When I import an XML file that includes several modifications like entity renamings(should be ported back to an older setup status), the following error occured: "The name of the imported entity already exists. Please specify another name". It would be more easier to find what entity or attribute can not be added/renamed if there would be a way to configure the system for getting more detailed error information (what entity/ what attribute affected). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

Number with dash is importing as date
An Excel spreadsheet is being exported from a SQL database that I cannot change, so I need to accomplish this in Excel. Sometimes, some of the many numbers contain a dash which Excel then interprets as a date. I can remove the dash programatically, but the number is not correct afterwards. For example, the number imported is 05-9078 which is displayed in Excel as May-78, but is actually stored as 5/1/9078. Changing the cell format to number or text gives me 2621833. I need to be able to add to my macro something that will give me back the original number so that I can remo...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Exporting from Outlook Web Access to local pst
Is there any way I can export my folders or the entire mailbox using Outlook Web Access to a local PST file? I only have OWA to the Exchange server but I also need to keep an offline copy on my laptop. I'm looking for any creative or boring solution to this challenge. Thanks! No, that's not possible.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Where are Rules stored created in 'Organise'?
I'm using Outlook 2000. Whilst in the Inbox, having received an email I want to filter out, I use the Organise/Using Folders and send the umwanted email on to the delete Items folder. This seems to be working fine - however how would I delete this 'rule' that I have created with organise? I have checked the Rules wizrd but the rules created with organise does not reside there. Are they located somewhere else? Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

How do I import a plain text file into a word worksheet?
I am using Word 2003. How do I import a plain text file into a data worksheet? If the text file is delimited into records using a particular character - see http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm and jump in where your text file matches the illustrations. If not, then explain exactly what you have and what you want to do with it. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>&g...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...

How to automatic sort email into folder and download attachment
Hi, I have a surveillance camera which will send out email when it detect motion. I can receive hundreds of emails just from this camera in a single day, so it troublesome to read and click on each email just to download the attachment. When the outlook receive the email, I know how to sort it into a designated folder. But is there anyway it can automatically download the attachment (video file) into a folder without the email. (so that I can store the video file in a CD later on). Anyone can help me. Thank you. Nelson Chou I can receive hundreds of email just from...