Automatic Prompt when sending an email

  One feature of Lotus notes that I miss is that when I got ready to send a
message, I would get a prompt asking me whether I wanted to keep a copy of
the email that I was sending and if so what folder should it be filed in.
that allowed me to save space and only keep those I wanted and saved me the
trouble of refiling later.  Can one do that in outlook and if so, how?

thanks

0
david3683 (3)

Outlook has no built-in feature to designate the save folder when you =
send a message, but you can add that capability with a little VBA code. =
The sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D1173 would =
apply if you always want to save the item in a folder in your default =
store (Exchange mailbox or Personal Folders .pst file).=20

For VBA basics, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/vbabasics.htm=20
--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"David Smith" <david@anywhere.com> wrote in message =
>  One feature of Lotus notes that I miss is that when I got ready to =
send a=20
> message, I would get a prompt asking me whether I wanted to keep a =
copy of=20
> the email that I was sending and if so what folder should it be filed =
in.=20
> that allowed me to save space and only keep those I wanted and saved =
me the=20
> trouble of refiling later.  Can one do that in outlook and if so, how?
>=20
> thanks
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
12/14/2006 10:52:54 PM

>   One feature of Lotus notes that I miss is that when I got ready to
>   send a
> message, I would get a prompt asking me whether I wanted to keep a copy
> of the email that I was sending and if so what folder should it be filed
> in. that allowed me to save space and only keep those I wanted and saved
> me the trouble of refiling later.  Can one do that in outlook and if so,
> how?

This is not available in Outlook but there are workarounds to do this. Firstly you can turn on keep a copy of sent
mail. This will put a copy of all sent mail into the Sent folder. Alternatively you could turn this off and then BCC
yourself for messages you wish to keep and then create a rule to put these messages in a designated folder.
0
bob1518 (92)

Reply emails are blank?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP1, not sure what version the other party is using but it is some version of Exchange. Problem: the remote user sends one of my users an email. My user replies to it, but when the remote user receives it the message body is blank. My user can send a new email message (not replying to one) to the remote user and everything comes over fine. The remote user is using email stationary. I have had her change her email format to plain text, but it still sends as HTML. Does stationary force HTML? I haven't had a chance to have her stop using the stationary...

Send an email until all steps done
To complete an order, I need to code the following steps one by one. 1) update order table, tOrder 2) update customer order history table, tCustomer 3) update shipment table, tShip 4) send an confirfation email The problem is sometime due to unknown reason, after step 2), program can not finish step 3) and 4). Since tOrder and tCustomer table was updated, how to back to their data before update? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201002/1 On Feb 3, 3:05=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uw...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

Automatic Update application ignores permissions
I have a managed account on my computer - I've allowed the user to launch all Office applications except the Updater, Remove Office, and the Handheld Sync Installer. However, if the user clicks "Check for updates" in the Help menu in Word, the Updater application launches, and the AU daemon is put in the list of applications to startup on login. I guess this is the place to report such a bug - does anyone know how to prevent the user from launching the Updater application in this way? Does the user account have the "Allow Supporting Programs" box in the allow/disall...

Outlook Connector Hangs or Chugs While Sending Mail
Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I guess) "works", but whenever I send mail, Outlook hangs anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes. And some of the time it slows down WinXP so much that I can't do anything until the mail is sent. Have tried disabling virus scan, firewall, and Windows Search. Very annoying and frustrating! Almost ready to switch from Live Mail because of this. Brian G;111299 Wrote: > Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I > guess) > "works", but whenever I send ...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

Send a personal email to a group of people
I am using the trial version of Send Personally (http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/send_personally/) with Outlook. Is there a freeware alternatiev for this? Thanks Mail merge with Word can send personal messages to several selected contacts. Z -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:41610591$0$118$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... >I am using the trial version of Send Personally &...

eMail Receive in CRM
Hello, I have installed CRM 3.0 Server and on the Exchange Server the CRM Exchange eMail Router. I can send eMails to external adresses but the answer of this mails is not imported into CRM. I have checked many settings but i found nothing... Any ideas? greetings, Stefan ...

send as another user
i gave one user right to access another user mailbox and enable "send on behalf" of him/her in exchange. back in outlook, when the user highlight the other user inbox and click on send...it still say his send from his name instead of the other user name? am i doing someting wrong? if so, can someone tell me how to make this thing work? thx in advance. "send on behalf" is NOT "send as" theyre 2 totally different things. send as is given via ADUC "vincentnyc" <vincentnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2A6FD12-5080-47...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Email from Outlook using SharePoint
I have been able to sync a SharePoint library to my Outlook account. i can't seem to able to attach more than one SharePoint file to an email. Is this a system limitation or am I miossing something. ...

How to setup Automatic Send/Receive time interval ?
I once knew where to click to set the time interval for auto send/ receive. Where do I click in Outlook 2003 to be able to set the automatic send/ receive time interval? Thanks for any help. Mel <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote: > I once knew where to click to set the time interval for auto send/ > receive. > > Where do I click in Outlook 2003 to be able to set the automatic send/ > receive time interval? While viewing a mail folder, press ALT-CTRL-S -- Brian Tillman On Jul 9, 2:57 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Mel <MyEmai...

Stationery in email as attachment
Please help. Whenever I try to send an email using stationery, the mail goes thru as a jpeg attachment and there is no stationery visible. I have gone thru email options, setting html and choosing send pictures with email. . . nothing seems to work. Can you assist? Thank you. Hi Carol, Does this problem happen with email sent to just a few people, or everyone? Mail received by a non-HTML client will receive the background as an attachment that appears in the middle of your message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 195468.KB.EN-US OL2000: Working wi...

CRM Email delivery not working
1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account support with an email address of support@mydomain.com 3. I have created a CRM support account with the name techsupport and email of techsupport@mydomain.com I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called Email Support with the email address in 3. above. 5. I have run the Exhange Rules Wizard supplied with CRM and chosen the CRM mailbox to be the user/email in 1. above, and run the rule on the Queue created in 4. above. 6. No ma...

Prompting for Username and Password
Hi, I am currently investigating a move from GroupWise to Outook 2003 & Exchange. I have noticed a major security issue that I hope can be sorted. I am rolling out a Single Profile .PRF to all users, Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode connecting to an Exchange 2003 Server. I have noticed that when you load Outlook with the option "Always Prompt for a user name and password" that cached mail loads up in the background regardless of wether you have authenticated to the exchange server or not. This is a pretty major security risk ! With GroupWise, you can also run in Cach...

How can you see in real time who is sending email
- Hello everyone, Exchange 5.5 How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? Several times per week I have users sending out large amounts of email. I need to know if there is a way to see who is sending in real time. Something that will point me to the user(s) doing the sending right now (real time) Thanks for any help, Terry On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:41:45 -0500, "theitman" <nospam@olsbuff.com> wrote: >- >Hello everyone, > >Exchange 5.5 >How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? >Several times per week I have users sending out...

shared email, can't privatize appointments
I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't keep any appt "private" from the other person--that "private" doesn't work. Is this true, and is there a way around it? -- kamp "kamp" <kamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D667C78F-D0FD-4E82-A4FF-2EA717E4B66E@microsoft.com... >I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar > for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't ...

Problem Sending Mail w/Outlook 2002
I receive and send a lot of email using Outlook 2002 and my Gmail account with no problem. However, I have two friends to whom I send emails that are always returned. I get an error message like this: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Invalid recipient: However, if I send the emails to them directly from Gmail, they go through just fine. Can anyone explain why they fail with Outlook? Pat This sounds like an issue with the SMTP server you have setup in outlook - not outlook itself. "patetc" <PatETC@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

Outlook total number of emails bottom of blue pane how?
I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's gone! E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emails on the bottom of the blue navigation pane. All the help boxes say right click on folder - properties and display number but that gives it after each folder name. I don't want that Its ok - View and status bar fixed it - thanks "cstanley" wrote: > I used to have a total count of emails on the bottom of the blue pane. It's > gone! > E.g. Each folder I used to click on displayed the number of emai...

How do you copy contacts into an email?
Hello all. Outlook 2000 with all necessary service packs and updates. I want to be able to copy a list of 30 contacts into the body of an email. I have to send emails every now and then with the names of these individuals listed in the body of the email. I already know how to export contacts into an excel spreadsheet. However, Outlook 2k does not give you the choice to export into Word. When I export into excel and I copy more than one name at a time they show up in the email with the gridlines wrapped around the names from the excel spreadsheet. I have removed the gridlines from the...

Transfer Email address?
I have a user, say user1, with email setup in exchange 2003, as user1@domain.com I now want to delete user1, but keep his email and assign it to user2, so user2's email will be user1@domain.com (will not have a user2@domain.com email) How do I go about doing this?? Change User1@email,com to something else, like User1234@email.com Add user1@email.com address to user2 as an SMTP address. Make it default. Delete user1 account when ready.... "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uhtkSuMBGHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have a user, say user1, with...