Automatic opening

Please could someone advise how to stop the mail opening for a moment,before
I delete.
This seems to imply especialy on spam that I have read the message.
                                              Thanks

0
rldeacon (2)

The fact that Outlook shows the msg as being read has no connection with the
sender, unless you send a read receipt

"DEACON SCREWS" <rldeacon@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> Please could someone advise how to stop the mail opening for a
> moment,before I delete.
> This seems to imply especialy on spam that I have read the message.
>                                              Thanks

0
notvalid5776 (249)
7/29/2009 10:43:12 AM
Do you have auto-preview on and have mail set to be marked as read after X
time?

"DEACON SCREWS" <rldeacon@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> Please could someone advise how to stop the mail opening for a
moment,before
> I delete.
> This seems to imply especialy on spam that I have read the message.
>                                               Thanks

0
korland (145)

Switching between open workbooks
Is there a keystroke combination for switching between open workbooks? Many thanks. After serious thinking Frank Kirk wrote : > Is there a keystroke combination for switching between open workbooks? > Many thanks. Ctrl+Tab -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc On Mon, 09 May 2011 12:38:27 -0400, Frank Kirk wrote: > > Is there a keystroke combination for switching between open workbooks? > Many thanks. Indeed there is: Ctrl-F6. It works in AT LEAST Excel 2003, 2007, and 2010. ...

file corruptions on open of a viso dwg.
When I open a viso drawing...I get an error 5392 Corrupt file. What can I do to fix?? I just upgraded from the technical refresh to the new trial version. I was working on the file for a few hours...saved it. When I tried to open the same file the next morning . It gave me this error Jerry Since you are using 2007, you could try opening in a machine with 2003. They use the same file format. The file may just be corrupt, and there's nothing that can be done other than to recreate from scratch, unless you have a backup of the file. Also, you can try everything in the KB article...

Outlook 2000 does not open
Am running Office 2000 on ME. Did not add or delete anything recently. Was working fine. Try to open Outlook and the applet comes up and stays. I can open the task master and it does not show Outlook is not responding. I can also end task Outlook. I have verified that Express opens. I have tried to re-install using the program disks repair function without success. I have also tried to restore to an earlier point. Can anyone offer help? Am I left to completely uninstall office200 and re-instal Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will ne...

Clicking .XLS files opens Excel, but not the file
My mother in law has a new pc running xp home & Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606). When she double clicks a .XLS file in WE, it opens the program, but not the file. When in the program if she selects file/open then the same file, it opens fine. This is the case for all her .XLS files. Any idea how to enable the double click option? TIA Dan Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel (both instances) and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver &...

Import from One Sheet to various Sheets Automatically
Background: We have a Workbook with 58 Sheets for our Riding Club Shows (one for each class) When a Competitor enters the horse show they select which classes they wish to compete in. Currently we type in their details in three columns on the sheet for the first class they enter, copy the three cells and paste them into the next available line on the rest of the sheets/classes they have entered. When the Competition is ready to start for each class we print the sheet for the Judge to use. What we want Excel to do: .. it would be easier if we could input the three cells of data onto a ...

outlook freezes every time i open
every time i open the application, it freezes...it may be stuck on a message, but i cant delete it until it opens without crashing...i get the "not responding" header at the top if i try to click anywhere. suggestions? thanks casey ...

I need a blank open hours sign
I need a blank bussiness open hours sign that I was able to get with Windows millinium and can not find with XP. Can you help me? ...

Tracking Time a form is open
Yet another addition my manager has requested for our call log... The students that call donors are currently not tracked as to how long they talk to a donor over the phone. We would like to have some way of monitoring this - and I felt that the best way would be to record in minutes and seconds how long a record is opened on the form. This would not be something that would display on the form, but when the students print the end of day report showing thier work, it would show up on the report for each record. Any ideas?? -- R. Daniel Carlson Concordia University Office of Developmen...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Consultant Job Opening in Chennai
Dear All, We are having Microsoft Dynamics CRM Job Opening in Chennai CRM Technical Consultant This individual will assist with defining application requirements, technical specifications, use-cases, workflow processes and effort estimation involving customization or integration of Microsoft CRM. Assist with providing internal and client support of Microsoft CRM installations. Obtain certifications in Microsoft CRM. Required Skills/Experience: =B7 Implementing and supporting Microsoft CRM; =B7 Integrating Microsoft CRM to Great Plains, Navision, JD Edwards...

Automatic Copy of Data
I have spreadsheet A and spreadsheet B. I update A each day and need to copy that info to B as well. I set up a link from A to B and it worked fine. My problem is that A gets updated each day in a new set of cells so the link from the previous day no longer works. I was thinking it might also work if I can update A and have Excel, at the same time, automatically copy my update to a 2nd set of cells in A. I can then link this 2nd set of cells to B and get the info I’m looking for. Each day the 2nd set of cells would get written over with the current data and update the cell in B. I...

Forward links to automatic saved attachments on a shared drive
I receive daily drilling reports in which i have created a rule to auto-save the attachments using the program EZDetach. I need to send an auto forward email to a distribution list with a link to those saved attachments everyday after files have been saved. How might I automate this instead of doing it manually everyday??????? VBA or scripting - the vba experts hang out at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

Automatically detaching an attachment to a PC Folder
Everyday I get a email with the same subject line and one text file attachment. I am new to Outlook kindly provide me a step by step procedure to automatically export the text file attachment into the local PC folder. After exporting the text file to the local PC folder I want to trigger a Windows executable. I would appreciate if you could kindly provide me the process for setting up this process automation in Outlook. Can I also use Outlook Express. Thanks Karen Hello Karen, you could do that with a VBA script in Outlook. This sample script checks for new arrived Emails (unread) and s...

Windows server 2008 R2 DEFRAG analysis every afternoon? Automatic...
I am seeing event log event 258 every afternoon at 2pm Defrag analysis on every drive on this W2K8 R2 box. The event is: "event 258" "The disk defragmenter successfully completed analysis on drivename (X:)" This is not the Defrag scheduled task, which I have running on the weekend... This is a File Server and the time that this runs does not seem good to me since there are many users with open files at this time. I cannot find where to disable or reschedule this event. Does Anyone knbow about this? Thanks in advance! REP ...

Automatic Log on
I am having a problem logging on without putting my password in every time. I have checked the remember pass word box but I am still promted the first time each day for my password. Does anyome know how I can set my computer to remember my password. ...

Office took over email. Can't open 2nd-ary accts. What can I do?
Operating with MSN via DSL. Have multiple user names. Bought new laptop with Outlook 2003. Can access main user name email, but cannot figure out how to open my secondary email accounts, all on MSN. Was able to go directly to MSN Sign-in window before activating Outlook 2003. Now when I open Explorer, I get an Envelope that links to Outlook 2003 that opens only my main email address. Can anyone help me? ...

OPENING A DOCUMENT
HOW CAN I OPEN A DOCUMENT THAT WAS SAVED IN AN OLDER VERSION OF PUBLISHER WITH A NEWER VERSION OF PUBLISHER If you have 2002 or 03 you should be able to open the older Publisher publication. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking", and in Norton options, disable "Office Plug-ins". The latter may not have to be disabled. I you still cannot convert the file, send the document to me and specify what version Publisher you have and I will convert it for you. Remove "my" to reply... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org...

When I open Word documents there are extra characters
I am using Word 2003. Suddenly Word documents that I open have many extra characters (dots, paragraph character). See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Deborah" <Deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A155944-50A2-4BE2-85D3-00185F6F1585@microsoft.com... >I am using Word 2003. Suddenly Word documents that I open have many extra > characters (dots, paragraph character). ...

Displaying *.jpg files when documents are opened
How do you get *.jpg files to automatically display when documents are opened. My neice uses Outlook and when I send her pictures she has to open each one individually. I use Outlook Express and they are automatically displayed. Thanks for your help! Leigh You can't do this in Outlook -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips &...

Can't open data file OR restore backup file on 2003
After reinstalling XP, and then Money, I cannot get Money to open my data file. I have gone through the standard process repeatedly but my data never shows up. I tried the the method described in "Run the Standard File Repair utility", downloading http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466 and running it, but it gives me an error message about a missing DLL file and wont' run. Any ideas? Describe "cannot get Money to open" -- how are you doing this? What's happening? Error messages? How did you reinstall Money after reinstalling XP? "gbrumbe...

Runtime error trying to open Money 2003
I get a runtime error when trying to open Money 2003. I downloaded Money 2004 and the same occurs. All other software on my system is working fine. I have done all the steps in the one fix in the MS Knowledge base article (Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 305254). All to no avail. I have edited the registry, deleted the program and reloaded. Not sure what to do, but I may be a Quicken user if this doesn't get fixed. I attempted to use my .NET id to send for help from Microsoft but that requires a product ID and that is difficult to get if you cannot get into the program in the fir...

Open Sales and Purchases As of a Date
I need reports showing open sales orders and open purchase orders as of a date. Before I go down the road of creating them, does anybody know of any solutions available off the shelf? -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Can visio 2003 open zip files?
I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These collections all come as .zip files. Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? -- Stefan Lasiewski http://stefanco.com unfortunately not, al "Stefan Lasiewski" <StefanLasiewski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261B8AC4-8B9C-4678-ABB5-B6D2AD6BC7D9@microsoft.com... > I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These > collections all come as .zip files. > > Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? > > -- > Stefan Lasiewski...

How to reset the default placement of newly opened mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: imap I'm new to Entourage and there are frustrating aspects thus far. My latest one is that all newly opened mail pops up over the toolbar that I must click to reply to that mail. Every time I go to reply, delete, etc. I must click on the top of the mail and move it down to a position below the toolbar so I can access the tools. <br><br>Is there a way to reset this default placement of an opened piece of mail? I've searched every tool and can't find a way to do this. Please help...this is so...

Cannot open include file: 'iphlpapi.h':
A pre made project(in MFC) is given to me When I tried to build that project it is giving following error Cannot open include file: 'iphlpapi.h': No such file or directory Please help > A pre made project(in MFC) is given to me > When I tried to build that project it is giving following error > Cannot open include file: 'iphlpapi.h': No such file or directory > I believe this is part of Platform SDK. You will need to install the SDK. On my machine I can see this file in PlatformSDK\Include directory. I can also this under SmartDevices\SDK... directory. --- A...

Whenever I try to launch Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 Opens First
Hi All, If I click the Firefox in the start menu or browse to it in Program Files (x86) in Windows Explorer, IE launches first, asks me to set it as default (no thanks, I clicked firefox for a reason!) and then launches Firefox. If I run firefox.exe from an administrator command prompt, it opens correctly. I previously had Live Essentials installed, so perhaps this is an issue with Choice Guard and not IE? I also tried reinstalling Firefox to no avail. Anyone have an idea how I can fix this rather annoying issue? I don't think it's a problem with Firefox itself......