Automatic marking messages read

I am using Outlook XP.  How do I change the amount of time I have to look at
a message in my inbox before Outlook automatically marks it as read?  I know
how to mark it as read manually.

Daniel L Newhouse <danielnewhouse@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I am using Outlook XP.  How do I change the amount of time I have to
> look at a message in my inbox before Outlook automatically marks it
> as read?

Tools>Options>Other>Reading Pane

>I know how to mark it as read manually.

Edit>Mark as Read.

You would do well to peruse your menus and options and to read the Help that
comes with Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

How do I get the From line to appear in the message header?
Our home laptop has two e-mail addresses and I want the Sender or 'from' line to show above the 'To' line in the message header. This is so I can pick which sender is sending the e-mail (myself or the other user). I went to View/Message Header but it only has Bcc. Can anyone help? It is Microsoft Outlook 200 SR-1 Hi, To show the "From" field in your email message, follow the appropriate steps below. If you are using the Microsoft Outlook e-mail editor On the View menu, click From Field. If you are using Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor ...

error message in macro
Hi, when i am recording the macro in the personal workbook the following error message is coming "Personal workbook in the start up folder must open for recording" Can any one pl help me out..............thanks in advance xl2002+ have the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks. They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them. If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled Items...". Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there, too. If the workbook...

can send but not forward messages with attachments
We have started having a problem about a week ago that messages are getting stuck in the internet mail connectors of out exchange 5.5 server. when I send an email with attachment all is ok but when I attempt to forward the same email is is getting hung in the internet mail connectors, no changes have been made on the servers in the past week. there is no message sent to the sender informing of the message non delivery. has anyone heard of such a problem thanks in advance. Bill You mean its sitting in the outbound Queue? If so, there should be an error message associated with it when you...

Duplicate messages in Inbox
Everytime I have Outlook call for my messages on my POP3 accounts, I get 2 of each message. I have 3 accounts but only one of them gets the duplicates.....anyone have any idea how to stop the duplicates? Thanks See if the following page helps you figure out the cause of this problem: http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook-Duplicates.asp -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:03c901c39c34$fb610da0$a101280a@phx.gbl, agood wrote: > Everytim...

Cells get automatically converted
I want to store installment details of employees in the format: 9/15, 10/15 etc.. These are text values and are transferred via .NET application to Excel. But it considers it a date and so converts 9/15 to 15-Sep, 10/15 to 15-Oct. I even searched for options to disable this, but could not find it. Please help switching this off. In message 1190896904.756552.247560@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com, RP <rpk.general@gmail.com> Proclaimed from the tallest tower: > I want to store installment details of employees in the format: 9/15, > 10/15 etc.. These are text values and are transferre...

Debuuging error messages
When I first click on the Outlook icon I get a debugging error, when I click ok the program shuts down and I have to click the icon again and this time it works fine. This happens everytime I use the program. I am not a programmer any way to fix this. Thank You Corky What does the error say? Also, the reason you get the debugger is because you have something installed that can debug it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStar...

Your files are attached and ready to send with this message.
WHILE SENDING FROM A WEB PAGE "FILE - SEND - LINK BY EMAIL. THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS ENTERED IN MY MESSAGE. HOW DO YOU STOP THIS. "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." Delete it --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | WHILE SENDING FROM A WEB PAGE "FILE...

Messages Deleted When Replying
When replying to an email, the email is being automatically deleted and does not end up in any other folder. The only way to see the original email message is to go to Sent Items and follow the thread. I've run a full system scan and cannot find any viruses. Any ideas? Thank you. Check your view. Make sure it's not set to unread message. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealo...

Cannot print images in message body? (Outlook 2003)
One of my users is having a funny problem. I installed office 03 on her computer just as I've been doing since, well, 2003 I guess, and never had this problem until now. When printing Outlook messages, any images in the message body print as just a red-X at the corner of the image placement. Is there a way of toggling "print images in message body" on and off? ...

Trapping activate messages
Hi , I have a MFC application that calls a modal dialog in a COM ATL exe. That works fine. After switching to a different application (ie my MFC application gets deactivated) , clicking on the task bar to activate my MFC application again has no response. I tried overriding the OnActivate, OnActivateApp and WindowProc in the COM ATL exe's Main Frame and Dialog class, but the WM_ACTIVATE message does not get trapped there . Any suggestions ? Regards, Chitra That happens to me quite a bit with various applications I use. It seems to be some kind of focus issue with Explorer. I us...

Automatic Entry
Is there a way to avoid adding each payee to a list that stays in memory? All I want is the poayee name, once, and nd the category, with no other information. You may be referring to Tools | Options | Editing | Confirm new payees. At least I think that's where it is these days. I'm not sure form your description if this is what you want or you want the functionality provided by a thing called Payee Rules Manager or you want something you can't have. Somewhere in there lies the solution. "RmF" <RmF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4394AF4-40...

Error Message when I try to open Excel files
Just got a new computer with Windows XP Home Edition. The old compute was Windows 98. Whenever I try and open any of my Excel 9 spreadsheets, I get error message: "A document with the same '******.xls' is already open. You canno open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are i different folders. To open the second document, either close th document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents." If I click OK the spreadsheet is ready. It apparently wants to open the same file twice. Any suggestions a this is becoming aggrevating and somet...

error message opening spreadsheet
When I try to open one particular spreadsheet, named 'xyz' (that is stored on a network server), I get the message 'Cannot find XLQUERY.XLA!Register.Dclick,which has been assigned to run eac time [xyz.xls]directory is opened. Continuing couild casue errors. Cancel opening ['xyz.xls] directory?' I click 'No' and everthing seems to run OK. What causes this error message? How do I get rid of it? TIA Sanford Hi goto 'Tools - addins and click on this addin to remove it from the list -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sanford Lefkowitz" ...

How do I change a default Message Delivery option?
I have a user who has managed to change his default email option to have "Expires after" turned on by default. I would like it turned off. I've tried turning it off and saving it as a template, but I would like it off in the default case... ...

unable to open Message Tracking Exchange 2003
Access Denied Fauclty: Win32 ID:8007000 Microsoft Echange Management The E:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\servername.log has security and permissions open to everyone and it still won't work? What gives????? ...

How do I change the size of the automatic window outlook
Can I change the size of the initial window that outlook opens up into? I do not like it when it takes up the whole screen. "bhanley" <bhanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E723FC0E-546B-4400-A689-0B1289EB0DEB@microsoft.com... > Can I change the size of the initial window that outlook opens up into? I > do > not like it when it takes up the whole screen. Make sure the shortcut you're using to start Outlook isn't specifying that Outlook should open maximized. If it's not, then size it the size you want by dragging the...

How do I stop my e mails being automatically deleted?
The e mails in my out tray are being deleted shortly after I send them. How do i stop this. The system only started doing this a few weeks ago and I have lost a couple of years worth of sent e mails which is very very inconvienient, to say the least. My irritation with this random change in the system is intense. I have tried for a couple of hours to find out waht is going on using the automatic help system and have found nothing useful. Cheers bob Are you sure they are being deleted? Could you have a view with a folder hiding them? Are you syncing with a handeld device? -- Diane ...

Error Message when sending mail merge
I keep getting this error message when attempting to send a mail merge e-mail from one of my campaigns. "You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requuested operation. For more information, contact your system administrator. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you clik Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM." I defintley want this activy to be recorded, any ideas? This is really strange. I have three contact inmy marketing list, I get this message only for the first two and ...

Copy Worksheet Error Message
Have a problem... I have a personal excel spreadsheet that I maintain some personal finances in. Every month for several years I have copied the previous months activity (worksheet) to the end of my file to track the present months activity using the _M_ove or Copy Sheet... function under the _E_dit drop down using Microsoft Excel 97. All of a sudden I am getting an error that says this: A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'HTML_Control', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want this version of the name? - To use the name as defined ...

how to invoice contract monthly automatically
Hi, I didnt' get any reply last time (couple months ago) so I thought to try again. Can anyone tell me if CRM is supposed to automatically create an invoice on a monthly basis? I can't figure out how and so currently we are manually creating invoices. Thanks in advance. Joseph No, it will not so this automatically. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:36:34 -0700, "Joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, I didnt' get any reply last time (co...

Outlook Data Files being automatically created
Hello, I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they eventually come back without any user creation. This is Outlook 2002, and on an Exchange 5.5 server. Any ideas on how to stop this? He is the only one with this issue in an environment with over 100 users. Thanks, Jeff Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We > have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they > eventually come back without any user creation. ...

Help: Messages Disappear from Inbox Current View is set to Message
Hi: We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP Pro SP1. Messages are disappearing from my inbox. I checked google and MS knowledge base. The current view for my inbox is set to message and not unread messages. The only other twist is that I have two accounts one is a pop3 and the other is imap. These accounts have two separate inboxes in their own folders. Any suggestions, TIA, Mariela I would double check your rules to make sure people are not being added to your junk senders list by accident. Dave >-----Original Message----- >Hi: > >We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP ...

Error message when shutting down 2003
When i shut down Money 2003, i get the following error message: "This operation can't be performed". However, this happens if i try to backup or NOT upon exit. It also happens as soon as i print a Money report---the report will print, but Money automatically shuts down. Now, I'm also finding that i can't sync w/my iPaq 5555. I'm getting an error message on my iPaq that says it can't find my "MyMoney.mny" file; BUT the file IS where it reports it IS!! I've already uninstalled & REinstalled, and it automatically p/u my backup file. ...

Exchange not receiving external messages
I'm running Exchange Server 5.5 on an NT 4 box. We seem to have stopped receiving internet email since Friday. I've stopped and started the services, rebooted the machine and checked the Event Log but nothing changes. Any suggestions? "Meera Dietzel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm running Exchange Server 5.5 on an NT 4 box. We seem >to have stopped receiving internet email since Friday. >I've stopped and started the services, rebooted the >machine and checked the Event Log but nothing changes. > >Any suggestions?...

How do I number rows automatically?
I want to add an automatic (ie self-changing) numbering column to worksheet. I would like the left most column to have anumer if th next column to the right has text, and then add 1 number to that colum for each subsequent row. An eg: 1. Joe Blow 123 Main st 2. Sara Silver, 221 Green Ave 3. Fred Red, 444 Bloacl Blvd. where if I add text to the next 1st name column, the next number i automatically fillled or if I delete the row with Sara Silver, then th next ro read: 2. Fred Red etc I have tried using the formulas and the help, but to no avail. Thanks for your assistance. A -- Message poste...