automatic formatting

i use microsoft outlook calendar for all our daily
appointments.  i do not want to have the highlight
feature.
when i ask the assistant, i do as it says, but i cannot
click the automatice formatting (it is gray and will not
allow access)

how do I get automatic formatting so that I can get rid
of the highlighting and add color
thank you
0
admin1918 (2)

Conditional Formating
Hi - I have a series of cells which have number in them. I add conditional formats so that if the value in the cell is above certain thresholds the cell is coloured red/amber/green (traffic light repoprts). The thing is when the report is printed the numbers still show. Anyone got any ideas as to how I can "blot" out the numbers so they don't show?? I have tried colouring the numbers white/transparrent, adding conditional formats the the font (or something similar)!! Cheers Andrew Have you applied the same conditional format colour to the text as the cell? -- HTH ...

Popup Outlook with html formatted message
Hi, trying to use MAPISendMail from MAPI32.DLL to open default mail client / outlook for html formatted body with no success. It works perfectly for no html formated body but for html formated it simply encodes all html tags :( Using outlook objects I can only use outlook... It is done in Picassa - any idea how? Any help would be appreciated! ...

Auto Format Width
Is there a hot key function for Auto Format Width? Excel 2007 would be Alt, H, O, I cp402 wrote: > Is there a hot key function for Auto Format Width? hi no. but you can record a macro to do this and then assign it to a keyboard shortcut. Regards FSt1 "cp402" wrote: > Is there a hot key function for Auto Format Width? Im not familiar with macros... how would I do this? "FSt1" wrote: > hi > no. but you can record a macro to do this and then assign it to a keyboard > shortcut. > > Regards > FSt1 > > &q...

how can I customise all business cards to have the same format -.
Hi, I have outlook 2007 and when I look at some business cards there is content missing - the best solution is to set a customisation that is constant for all my business cards to ensure content is not missed. I understand I can edit the 'format' in each business card but that would take a very long time - is there a master format edit I can apply for all business cards at once? (This is impacting my syncing with my Nokia E71) Thanks ...

How keep date format from excel to merged list
Date format changes from eg 27 Feb 06 to 2/27/2006 when I merge from excel to a list in a table. How keep my preferred format? using word's mailmerge you need to change that in word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx#field%20codes or use text dates in Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Cyrus" <Cyrus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F81CB6-B21D-47D9-9C42-942F7B85F9FF@microsoft.com... > Date format changes from eg ...

Recordset changes underlying table automatically
Hi all, I probably have a misunderstanding of the use of a ADO Recordset. I thought a Recourdset is a view and if I change it without updating the underlying table (data) wouldn't change. But what I was experiencing was different. I opened a recordset with a select query of a table then manipulated the recordset. Suprisingly I found that the underlying table (a linked table from a SQL server) changed. Is this the normal way that a Recordset behave? If so, is there an easy way to avoid it? I have tried different combination of Lock type and Cursor type but did not succeed. Thank you for...

US Date Format
It drives me insane that it appears not to be possible to enter a date in an Excel spreadsheet except in a US format ie mm/dd/yy. Is there an option to customise this or your programme for us in the UK where all dates are referred to in dd/mm/yy format That setting is in the control panel regional setting (options) I have no problems changing that to dd/mm/yy -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Will" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b9701c3d92b$b7937020$a501280a@phx.gbl... > It drives me insane that it appears not to be possible to > enter a da...

Format Yes/No in Union
Hi Groupies I have a union query that combines 2 yes/no fields. When I run the query, I get -1 and 0 instead of Yes and No. How can I force the formatting to Yes and No? -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:14:15 -0700, "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote: >Hi Groupies > >I have a union query that combines 2 yes/no fields. When I run the query, I >get -1 and 0 instead of Yes and No. >How can I force the formatting to Yes and...

Time formatting #3
Hi Just a quick question one of my calculations returns a length of tim in hours in a decimal format. I was wondering if there was a way t format the cell so that for example if the figure 53.5 was returne then the cell would display the value 53:30 (for 53 hours 30 minutes). the best that i can get so far is using " ?/60" to return: 53 30/60 This isn't as neat as i would like. I have tried the date/tim formatting options but they only seem to return things like 12:00:00. Any ideas -- dzi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dziw's Profile...

Formatting row color in table to match first cell in first column
Hi, I have a question about setting up a table where new rows added to bottom of table are colored according to conditionally formatted color of first cell Example: Conditional Formatting is set up so cells containing the string "Green" are colored green ,Containing the string "Blue" are colored blue etc. Table Color Price Green 33 Blue 27 Red 29 Orange 25 My Prices are entered automatically using VLOOKUP function. Now I am able to use Conditional Formatting to format first cell according to string it contains, but I am w...

Mutiple Conditional Formatting (more than 4)
Is there a way to have more than the 4 conditional formatting? I have a sheet that I want 12 conditional formatting. All looking in colum A and highlighting each one with a different color. Hi Phillip You need VBA to do this Here is a example that use the Change event of the worksheet Right click on a sheet tab and choose view code. Paste the event in there and press Alt-Q to go back to Excel. This example will only work in column A Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 1 Then Dim Number Number = Target.Value Select Case Number Case 1 To 5 Target.In...

how to send outgoing and incoming message to my gmail account automatically
hi I use win 98 se. and Microsoft Outlook express 6. When I send a mail or take a mail in Outlook express 6, can i forward this mails to my gmail addres automatically? Does outlook express 6 have this type property? and can you explain how to do it? note: I know i can forward mails to gmail adress manually. but i want outlook express to do it automatically if it is possible? thanks in advance. gilevgi <gilevgi@gmail.com> wrote: > I use win 98 se. > and Microsoft Outlook express 6. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup, like news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outl...

Conditional formatting in range
I have a range named "Range1" and have a conditional formatting putting letters into red colour if the condition meets "K6=1" When ever I insert a row between the range the conditional formatting formula is not copying, every time i have to use the format painter and copy it. Is there any code, any body pls help me thanks Go to: Tools<Options<Edit tab Make sure there is a check mark next to "Extend data range formats and formulas". Hope this fixes your problem. -- -Brigette "RE: VLOOKUP fORMULA" wrote: > I ha...

Automatic date
I need to add a field that is the current date to a table, but the date needs to be updated automatically to always equal the current date. In Excel, this was easily done with the "TODAY" function, but this isn't working in Access. When I use "Date()", it returns the date that the record was created, but does not update to the current date as time passes. In other words, if it was created on 4/22/10, when I open the table on 4/28/10, I need that field to read 4/28/10, even though it was created on an earlier date. I hope this makes sense. Any help is ...

Conditional Formatting Access 07
I can use the sorting feature on my date columns in a continuious form but when I add a Conditional Format equal to a simple date value to one of them, I get a message stating "You have entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the property page - The property may not exist or may not apply to the object you specified" This is true on all of my fields but when I remove the formating, the message does not appear. How do I stop this? What are you entering into the Conditional Formatting? -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at...

numeric cell formats
I have a XLS file converted from Quattro. I want to change number formats in a column. I highlight the cells, then click on FORMAT, CELL, but nothing happens, none of the possible cell formats pop up. I tried EDIT, GOTO, SPECIAL and still nothing happens. I looked to see if the cells were protected, but this does not seem to be the case. Any ideas on what to do? THANKS!! The only time I've seen this is when the original workbook was created in a different program--crystal reports or Lotus 123. I included a few "sacrificial" cells in my selection, made my changes to...

WM Player rips automatically even with setting off
When I insert a CD, Windows Media Player beigns to rip. The setting for automatic ripping is unchecked. I have executed (virtually) all permutations of the following actions: - uncheck automatic ripping - restart the computer - check automatic ripping - rip a CD - insert a CD WM Player will not desist from automatically ripping a CD while the rip pane is active. Are there any known fixes? Anyone else had this problem? The reason I want to manually rip is so that I can enter the information manually. I want to enter the info manually so that WM Player can automatically n...

format for weight
In Excel 2007 is it possible to format cells for weight, such as stones & lbs? e.g. 14 lbs = 1 stone You could use custom format # ??/14 The you would type, for example 12 2/14 for 12 stone 2 lbs best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "exntluser" <exntluser@ntl.gone> wrote in message news:I6Hen.19914$DL1.12220@newsfe25.ams2... > In Excel 2007 is it possible to format cells for weight, such as stones & > lbs? > e.g. 14 lbs = 1 stone > "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@TRUENORTH....

Compress Pictures should be added to Format Picture in Publisher
In Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2003 there is a useful feature called 'Compress Pictures' which can be found in the 'Format Picture' dialog box, and on the Picture toolbar. The feature was added recently to Publisher 2003, in Service Pack 1, but unfortunately the button was only added to the Picture toolbar and not to the 'Format Picture' dialog box as well. Can this be changed in the next service pack so that the UI is consistent? It would also be nice if the same feature could be added to Publisher XP. -- 'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new crea...

How do I keep my own formatting for a pivot-chart on refreshing
I have many pivotcharts which need to be continually refreshed to represent statistics from data within the workbook. I need to display these charts with my own colour scheme - however the charts are refreshed they revert back to the dodgy Excel default colours. To complicate matters further they are part of a shared workbook - so my macro I recorded to re-apply my colour scheme doesn't work. Can anyone help???? ...

Format Text to Number
I am using excel 2007 and I am trying to create a macro that will convert account numbers which are stored as text to a number format. I want to get a record count on how many account numbers there are. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Bruce You can use the VALUE function to convert text to numbers, but you don;t even need to do this to get a count of unique values This post has a very simple formula that I have used before http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?query=count+unique+values+in+a+range&dg=&cat=en-us-excel&lang=en&cr=US&pt=f3f7ac8...

Formatting a single cell
I am trying to enter data, such as name, street address, city, for example in a single cell, each item to appear on a single line, hopefully indexed to, again for example, the left. After formatting the cell to wrap text, you can do this by typing each line item with a number of spaces between each item. The number of spaces is just a matter of trial and error. Again, this works, but becomes cumbersome when you have a larger number of cells. Obviously, the easy (maybe best) way to do this is just to enter each item in a separate cell, and adjust the related/adjacent cells accordingl...

Problem with custom formats
I have a client that is trying to export an excel spreadsheet to an Access database The excel spreadshheet has some custom formats to aid in the speed of data entry. The problem is this. For Instance: Cell A1 is formated Custom 5_??"/"32. When you go to that cell and enter 8 .... 5 8/32 is displayed. However the actual value in the cell is 8. When I import this cell into Access I get 8. I actually need 5 8/32 even if it is a text field. I tried all the cut and paste and special paste options to no avail. Is there any way to capture the literals in the format of the cell...

Insert Row formatting
Can someone tell me the 'rules' that Excel is using in this situation? And an impossible question: why? I have a table that has a header row with AutoFilters turned on. If I select the row following the header and select Right-click insert. A row is inserted above the current one, but the row inherits the formatting and other attributes from the row above. Why the heck is it inheriting from the row above but inserting above the selected row. I would more expect the inserted row to inherit from the selected row. Second question. Most columns are not inheriting the b...

Outlook 98 mail/message format
I have Office 97, Outlook 98 with Windows 98SE installed on a PC. When I go into Outlook 98 TOOLS / OPTIONS / MAIL FORMAT and choose MS WORD to format my email messages I get an error message which states that "word is either busy or can not be found" the format then defaults back to Rich Text. Both Outlook and Word open and operate fine, I have also checked running tasks for MS Word running in the background - nothing. I do not have MS Word Viewer 97-2000 installed (MS Knowledge Base Article 166050). Any ideas. There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error m...