Automatic emailling of attachments - Outlook 2000

Hi

Using Word and a scheduled task, I currently email a mail merged document
from Word 2000, but the subject line gets set as one standard bit of text
for each email sent. I would like to be able to set the subject to something
more meaningful about the document attached (which, to all intents and
purposes can be regarded as a 'works order', containing a date and
customer). Ideally, I would like the date of the visit and the customer in
the email subject.

Having posted in the Word forums, the furthest I can get is to do the merge
to separate documents in separate folders, and name each of the documents
created separately. I can name each folder as the email address for each
recipient.

So, to my mind, the next step would be to have Outlook email either the
whole folder to the relevant recipient or the contents of each folder
individually - if you see what I mean - which I would like to do unattended.

Anybody have any ideas, please?

Thanks

The only way to accomplish what you want would be to write your own VBA =
code or buy a tool that's can set the subject for each message in a =
merge. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail for links =
to such tools.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Simon Ayling" <simon.ayling@FRAGTHIS.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message =
> Hi
>=20
> Using Word and a scheduled task, I currently email a mail merged =
document=20
> from Word 2000, but the subject line gets set as one standard bit of =
text=20
> for each email sent. I would like to be able to set the subject to =
something=20
> more meaningful about the document attached (which, to all intents and =

> purposes can be regarded as a 'works order', containing a date and=20
> customer). Ideally, I would like the date of the visit and the =
customer in=20
> the email subject.
>=20
> Having posted in the Word forums, the furthest I can get is to do the =
merge=20
> to separate documents in separate folders, and name each of the =
documents=20
> created separately. I can name each folder as the email address for =
each=20
> recipient.
>=20
> So, to my mind, the next step would be to have Outlook email either =
the=20
> whole folder to the relevant recipient or the contents of each folder=20
> individually - if you see what I mean - which I would like to do =
unattended.
>=20
> Anybody have any ideas, please?
>=20
> Thanks=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Attaching Contacts to new email

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

owa cant open ppt attachments

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

invalid email address

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Outlook Sales

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Emails #3