AutoArchive / Permanently Delete stopped working?

AutoArchive / Permanently Delete stopped working?

We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, and we've noticed that the AutoArchive (set
to permanently delete after 1 month) stopped working on most of our Outlook
clients.  We've had Exchange since version 5.0 with Outlook 97 and are
currently running Exchange 2003 SP1.

We've configured the Outlook clients under the Tools Menu, Options, Other
Tab, AutoArchive Button: to only have the top checkbox checked, "Run
AutoArchive every 7 days" (everything else is unchecked).
Then, everyone has configured Deleted Items, Junk E-mail, and Sent Items
Folders as such, on the individual AutoArchive Tab for each folder:
Selected "Archive this folder using these settings:"
"Clean out items older than 1 Months"
Selected "Permanently delete old items"

But for some reason we are finding exceptionally large mailboxes and
thousands of items in folders like Deleted and Sent that go back several
years.  Forcing AutoArchive to run manually doesn't appear to clean out the
old items.

Any suggestions to why this isn't working?  Thanks for any help!

0
Research

Alt+Tab not working
Hi guys, I had the same problem and I got it cleared from a bootup scan with Avast Home Edition. Now its working perfectly. Hope this solves your problem. Regards Senthil EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Who are you replying to, this is a newsgroup, not a chat room. Senthil wrote: > Hi guys, I had the same problem and I got it cleared from a bootup scan with Avast Home Edition. Now its working perfectly. Hope this solves your problem. > > Regards > Senthil > > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www.egghea...

Voiding AP Check to deleted Temporary Vendor
How do I void a AP check for a temporary vendor ID that was deleted through the "Vendor Mass Delete"? The vendor history has not been deleted, but when I go to the Void Historical Transactions vendor, it gives me error that the Vendor ID does not exist. What is the best way to void these payable checks? This will depend on the reasons for voiding the check. Did the vendor not cash the check? Are you reissuing the check? Will voiding the check create a liability to the vendor? You can certainly void the check in Bank Rec and issue a miscellaneous check through Bank Rec agai...

How do I stop Excel from changing numbers into a date?
I would like to type in 1-3 but it keeps getting turned into 3-Jan. I have turned off every option in excel that I can find but it still keeps happening. Pre-format the cells as text or pre-fix entry with a single apostrophe. (It will not show but will stop the conversion) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Buckwildbill" <Buckwildbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:667DC192-D3F7-4FAD-934E-3F49146D66A7@microsoft.com... >I would like to type in 1-3 but it keeps getting turned into 3-Ja...

Viewing of Proposal (under Proposals and Activities) work under My
We are about to enable Proposals and Activities in our Production Environment, but I'm observing a problem in My Tasks. The question is why our resources are unable to view their assignments generated under a Proposal Resource Plan. In our Dev Environment, I have a Proposal with two resources reserved under a Resource Plan (not via the Build Team button) using an FTE calculation. After the Proposal and Resource Plan were both published, both resources showed their time committed for this Proposal in the Resource Center. However, neither resource sees anything under M...

Stop archive of calendar
I want to stop auto archive from archiving the calendar. I don't know how to do this. R-click on the Calendar Folder, and then select Properties, AutoArchive is one of the Tabs. Ken W wrote: > I want to stop auto archive from archiving the calendar. I don't know how to > do this. I assume you're talking about a calendar folder in the folder list. I don't see one. I have deleted, drafts, inbox, junk e-mail, outbox, RSS feeds, sent items, and search folders. The calendar works fine, but when I select the archive folder, the only thing that comes up our...

recover deleted recurrence
Hi, I've just suppressed the recurrence (periodicity) of an appointment. All the past appointment have been deleted. Please, how to recover ? There is nothing in the deleted item, because recurring appointment are not really appointment, therefor they weren't deleted=20 HELP Fran=E7ois May want to check if the Exchange Admin can recover them since they are not in deleted folders to be able to do restore. Regards -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group <f-x.p@laposte.net> wrote in message news:1127123151.126156.234120@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com......

recover deleted mail
Please help, my boss had clicked on Shift delete in outlook 2002. He was using POP3 to retreive mail from our exch5.5 server Now the inbox is empty! how can i undelete and recover the mails. HELP help Regards AIME So he stored it to a pst-file? The following might work; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "aime" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

block or delete e-mail to certain senders
How can I have all the incoming e-mails to a former employee be deleted or not create a NDR? Also, can I setup any kind of content filtering for incoming SMTP mail? I want to filter out much of the spam that comes in. Can it be done with either E2003 or ISA? thanks, Cal Create a mail-enabled group (do not put anyone in the groups), go to the Email Address tab for the group and add the email address of the former employee. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Cal Monroe" <cmonroe@hesinnovations.com> wrote in message new...

The red X delete button to the right of recently visited URLs in IE8
In Internet Explorer 8, there is a red X to the right edge of each URL in the address bar that deletes the URL from the address bar's recently visited sites list. I keep accidentally clicking once I see the URL I want to go to highlighted, which when I'm not careful deletes it, since the cursor is often near the right edge (since that's the edge the button to view the list is on). Having a way to delete from this list is nice, but I would rather that it not be by just clicking (maybe require a right-click or something, but having going to it and deleting it seems a li...

Sum total hours worked in excel
I want to add the total hours worked in excel that I book for the month for example: A B C Start Time End Time Total 08:00 16:00 08:00 08:00 14:30 06:30 08:00 15:00 09:30 Total 00:45 It stop at 23:59 and I want it to go on like a total sum, wat formula must I use to do my total sum calc for my time? please help Frankie e-mail: frankiedeconing@harmony.co.za You should format the cells in column C as [h]:mm - that way they will not wrap round above 24 hours, but ...

Formula's not working
any suggestions as to why no formulas are working on my pc when the same exact spreadsheet works on all other pc's? tools, options, view tab, window option, the formula box is NOT checked. -- Dave Somehow it might be seen as text, assuming you have the text of the formula instead or the result. Makes sure the format is not text and select the whole sheet, do edit>replace, find what = replace with =, thus replace equal sign with equal sign sometimes trigger calculation Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dave" wrote: > any suggestions as to why no formulas are working on my ...

Default Recipient Policy not working #2
OK, when I add a user in exchange 2003 (on SBS 2003) the user is created but no email addresses are created. The default policy properties contains two smtp address policies: @domain.local @domain.com I also tried "apply this policy now" and that didn't update any of the email infomation in the users' properties. I also wanted to create firstname.lastname aliases by adding %g.%s@domain.com to the recipient policy and applying it, but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? Also, is there any way to create an address and actually send messages FROM that address ...

Delete specified critria rows
Hi What code can I use to delete rows based on the values of two fields/columns on the same row. (if cell A1 is not blank and cell B1=0 delete) Thanks. Insert a row at the top, and then a spare column, add =AND(A2<>"",B2=0) Select this column and Menu Data>AuItofilter. Click the dropdown and select TRUE from the list Delete all visible rows, including row 1 All done -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "rn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f0101c52e0f$23c30e20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > H...

Prompted for password when working with public folders #2
When I try to administer public folders with ESM in Exchange 2003. I am prompted for a password. Not sure of the correct authentication setting in IIS also I get free/busy errors when user tries to schedule meetings. The 3rd issue I'm seeing on exchange server in the event viewer is an id # 7004 this article explains last error http://support.microsoft.com/kb843106 . Has anybody seen this issue before? One other issue I get if I enter wrong password it hangs instantly and I kill it with task manager. ...

delete money from hard drive
i am trying to remove ms money 2003 from an old computer before i donate it. i no longer have the software as i am using 2007. the computer says i can't remove the program without the software. any ideas would be most appreciated. I'd recommend a complete disk wipe. There are many free utilities to do this. It would seem likely that the Money program is the least of your problems. "kate" <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FB617A6-D60E-4E77-8325-913BC0B734BC@microsoft.com... > i am trying to remove ms money 2003 from an old comp...

PriceList look does not work 3.0 to 4.0
Hi, I experienced a strange problem today. One of my clients never used price list ie the price list field was removed from this account form. Recently the system was upgraded to verion 4.0 from 3.0. Now he would like to use pricelist and I did enable it on the form. The problem is when we click on the look up field it does not show up the active pricelist in the lookup view. Where as it does show up at quote, order and invoice forms. Really strange. Can anyone help me in this regard? I am also writing to MS support mean while. Thanks Venkat On May 22, 11:02=A0pm, Venkat Bendalam <Ven...

Printer not working.....again...
I am having problems installing a reciept printer. Epson TM-T88III. I have the OPOS drivers and can't remember whether to install with Common Control Objects or Epson CO. This printer was working fine until someone decided they were going to create their own user account. (Which they have been told multiple times NOT to do as it has been proven this computer HATES user accounts.) When I try to print in POS it just gives me an error about unable to connect with the printer or something. Oh and when trying to install a printer in OPOS and trying to "check health interactive" i...

How to stop type going from right to left from cursor
In the middle of a document my cursor stopped dead and further typing started producing letters from right to left, instead of normal progression. Help! Is a right-to-left language enabled on your machine (Hebrew or Arabic)? You may have accidentally hit a keyboard shortcut to change input language (LeftAlt+Shift), but since you didn't change the keyboard, you'd still be typing English letters. Or maybe if you ever pasted something into your document, it brought with it one of those language labels. Or you might have "Detect language automatically" turned on. O...

2003 cannot delete pst file
as mentioned. pls help gc Wanna provide some more details of what you mean? What do you mean by 2003 cannot delete PST? You can't delete it (from Windows Explorer - for example) if Outlook is open. Also if it is read-only. Bobby >-----Original Message----- >as mentioned. pls help >gc >. > I cannot remove the personal folder from the OUTLOOK 2003. GC >-----Original Message----- > >Wanna provide some more details of what you mean? What >do you mean by 2003 cannot delete PST? > >You can't delete it (from Windows Explorer - for example) >if...

One Email Will Not Delete
I have receieved an email that says "This item cannot be displayed in the reading pane. This item has not been received from the server" Now, in Outlook there is a little box to the left of the letter and what looks like a little telephone as well. The problem is that I cannot delete the mail. All is does is strike a line through the message but will not delete it. What can I do to delete this from Outlook 2003? Thanks so much! Terri <phiter@mail.com> wrote: > I have receieved an email that says "This item cannot be displayed in > the reading pane. This ite...

Mail stuck in outbox, can't delete,won't send, retards send/rec.
I recently scanned 6 pages of text to e-mail, I was asked about the format, it was .bmp, a mistake as it then attached the .bmp to the e-mail taking 84 mb of memory. Once I noticed this after beginning send I attempted to abort the send. It stopped the send. Next I tried deleting, couldn't do that as the message appeared "can't open, Outlook has begun sending". Well, it really wasn't as I went to bed and awoke to find it still in my outbox. Tried sending again, same result. Next I tried to delete, no luck, tried dragging to delete folder, no luck. Right clic...

Time Display in a Stop Watch fromat
Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. Use a custom format of: hh:mm:ss -- Regards, Dave "Gabe" wrote: > Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the > date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). > Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. > I am looking to have the formula bar read 0:00 as well. So when I click ...

Stop Outlook starting with windows
How do I stop Outlook starting with Windows. Remove shortcut from Startup Folder? "Teddy" <Teddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91F28579-AF14-4453-8A77-7BE56FF4C22F@microsoft.com... > How do I stop Outlook starting with Windows. ...

How do I delete all duplicate email messages?
I just transfered all my message folders into Microsoft Outlook. Now I have as many as 4 duplicates of the same emails. How can I get only one copy to remain? http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, RRRoger asked: | I just transfered all my message folders into Microsoft Outlook. Now | I have as many as 4 duplicates of the same emails. H...

How to recover deleted address book in Outlook 2003
Hi, I have accidently deleted my profile in win2000 and lost my outlook(2003) address book. Can any one help me to recover my address book? Thanks & Regards Mallikarjuna Hi Mallikarjuna, maybe this site could help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Mallikarjuna" <malli.reddy@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uc6uJMFlGHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > >...