AutoArchive creates new Personal Folders object

Using Outlook 2002 (10.3513.3501) SP-1.

Whenever I run an AutoArchive, it finishes with an 'operation failed' =
error, and a new folders object named 'Personal Folders' is created. The =
new folder is not linked to a .PST, and is easily removed using the Data =
Files dialog. However, it returns with each AutoArchive. :-(

Has anybody seen this problem, and is there a solution? Thanks!

--=20
Bowen Moursund

0
bmoursund (4)

new "you must be connected to the internet to sign in online" erro
Hi. I've got the Microsoft Money Plus trial and have only had it for about 2 weeks. It was working fine last time I ran it a few days ago and today when I ran it, it won't log me in. It says, "You must be connected to the internet to sign in online." Nothing interesting has changed on my computer other than: - A new version of zone alarm, which I've tried turning off and running MsMoney, but I still get the same error. - Whatever random updates Microsoft has decided to do. Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks, mike In microsoft.public.m...

orphaned free busy objects
I have 3 orphaned free busy objects from exchange 5.5 server that were decommissioned months ago. I attempted to delete them form the systems folders view but was ask for a password several times then denied. I found that they did not have a replica on any exchange server so I added one to the local server thinking It would allow me to delete it. Didn’t work and it wont let me remove the replica. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Hi I have excactly the same problem.... Did you fix it ? Is there anyone else who have any clue how to delete this orphaned Free Busy objects ? With Ad...

create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function
Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table result in a formula and copy that formula as a relative reference. In Excel 2003 a GETPIVOTDATA fromula is created and uses an absolute reference. Is there a way in Excel 2003 to either make it arelative reference (without editing the formula) or revert to the method used in all prior releases? There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html ebergkes wrote: > Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table resu...

Ability to merge windows into tabs and move a tab into a new windo
I often find myself wishing that I could do two things with IE: 1) Take two IE windows, each with one or more tabs, and merge them together into a single window with the tabs from both. This would help reduce clutter in my taskbar. 2) Take a tab and convert it into an IE window of its own as often times I want to be able to see two web sites at the same time (side by side), which I can't seem to do if they are tabs in the same window. Either that or some sort of 2 page view where you can see two tabs side by side and can navigate each separately. Would like to se...

how to create escalation form
How do I create escalation form. Abe wrote: > How do I create escalation form. Since you're the only one here who knows what you're escalating, to whom, in what way and for what reason, you are the only one who can tell what the form should look like. In general, you should create a Word template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm If the form needs to have text that doesn't change, and places to enter text that does change, then you should create it as a form template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.h...

OE locks up when I select "sent items" folder
I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. All updates are installed. Any suggestions. larry Goode wrote: > I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" > folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. > All updates are installed. Any suggestions. Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. Y...

Unable display folder
Hi, My system can not receive email. I upgrade it from Office 2000 to Office XP. Screen has message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correcty installed and configured. I need help. Please email me cchen@glbtecx.com or call 949 450 8725. Thank you. .. ...

My synchronized emails disappeared after adding a new account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CB5135.56C7EAD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local = machine, meaning all messages not only the headers. After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer = and they were all there. I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just = logged in it. To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail = one, I...

Blocking forwarding in public folders
Exchange 5.5 I need to create a new public folder which my users and people outside of the company will be posting to. Unfortunately, the data being posted is proprietary and the originator would like us to block the ability of our users to forward the posts outside of the company (for this folder only). Can this be done, and if so, how would I go about doing it. Thank you. that would not be easy, if it's even possible...if people have the rights to view the folder contents, and they also have rights to send/receive Internet email, I don't see how you could stop them from forwarding...

Creating Forms
I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? On 26 Mar 2007 10:16:47 -0700, stromo wrote: > I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to > use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message...

How do i get into Publisher in Microsoft XP (new computer, sorry)
Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Often use Publisher but can't seem to find it on XP. Any answers please be gentle not great on computers Publisher doesn't come with the OS if that's what you mean by XP. If your new computer came with a Office 2003 you "may" have Publisher on the machine depending on which version of Office. "Rowan" <Rowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD224EF-4D1C-491B-A563-150A475B52F0@microsoft.com... | Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Ofte...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

How to Create a Grid using CEditView
Hello There, I have an MDI Application. one of the view need to be Editable that should display the contents in a grid format. The Grid should be editable and should also be a scrollable. how to do it. Plz Reply Me Fast Hi Sreeram, I had sent you a msg at codeguru.com informing you that i've made a sample for you. I think that you havent read that msg. yet. I'll send it to you now. Regards, V.Girish ...

New personal finance resource website open #2
--_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit New Personal Finance Resource Website Open http://www.your-personal-finances.com/ - Free articles and information on personal finance --_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005-- *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

how to create referential integrity between two tables in diff dat
How can we create referential integrity relationship between tables in different databases. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. How to create integrity relationship between Empid of two tables in diff databases. Hi Ajay You cannot create DRI between databases, I mean create PK/FK... However , you can simple join the tables between databases like SELECT <columns> FROM db1.tb1 T1 JOIN db2.tb1 T2 ON T1.col=T2.col WHERE.... "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Problem with CSocket.Create() on windows 2003
Hii i'm creating a CSocket object and calling its Create Method in a DLL and call this dll from an asp page..but i get an exception on Create(). This only happens with Windows 2003. the code is working fine with windows 2000 server. Also when i created a simple MFC dialog based application (exe) and called .Create() for it there..it worked fine even on 2003. Can someone please tell me if there is any issue with the CSockets in windows 2003 calling in a dll and how can it be resolved. I've also tried using CAsyncSocket but the problem persists. Any help is appreciable. Thanx and regard...

creating a template that cant be edited?
Hi people, I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the letter. It works fine if i insert them into headers and footers but the problem is the turn into water marks when i go back to page view. I dont ant them as watermarks. Any ideas?? They only look like watermarks--all text in headers/footers is faded out in page view, and there's nothing you can do about it. They will print out fine. On 10/7/04 4:07 AM, "sublimesoul" wrote: > Hi people, > > I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the > letter. &...

Confusion in VS 2003 over declaring a new class....
We have an app that requires .net 1.1 to work, so are using VS 2003 for convenience. I'm most of the way through cleaning up the code that was originally created in VS 2008, so that it will not error on build. One particular statement has me a bit confused, as I cannot find any obvious examples to explain it. m_Results.PR = New Validator.Details currently complains that type Validator.Details is not defined, which is correct. I tried to add a new Details class to the Validator class, and declared several variables that are then used m_Results.PR.UPRN = getSelectedRowVal...

Creating a mix of column and scatter chart on one chart.
Please help! I am trying to show a possible effect that a count rate has on whether a specific test is succesful or not. I have 2 sets of data both of which are measures of same parameter (i.e count rate). I wish to display each set as either having passed or failed a particular test. So I need a column of points that have passed and a column that have failed (the count rate should be along the y-axis). I also wish to display the mean and standard deviation of each passed count rate and failed count rate. Hi, Could you show us dummy data that shows us what your data layout and valu...

Dynamic object creation in MFC
Say I have soething like this: #define ID_MYID 10000 class MyList : CListCtrl { public: MyList(); MyList(CWnd *pparent) ~MyList(); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() afx_msg void OnClick(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult); }; BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(MyList, CListCtrl) ON_NOTIFY(NM_CLICK,ID_MYIDL,OnClick) END_MESSAGE_MAP() MyList ::MyList (){} MyList ::MyList (CWnd *pparent) { CListCtrl::Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_HSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL | LVS_REPORT | WS_BORDER, CRect(10,10,20,20),pparent,IDC_MYLIST); } void...

AD not creating exchange emails in 2003 server STD and 2003 Exchan
I create a user and select the option "create exchange email" and not smtp or x400 emails are created.. anoying! what should I double check? I had a problem like this; however, I can't recall what was the fix. Try checking the logs in your exchange and AD servers. Sorry can't be any more help. "Tyler" wrote: > I create a user and select the option "create exchange email" > and not smtp or x400 emails are created.. anoying! > > what should I double check? ...

Sharing a Distribution List in My Contacts Folder
Hi all, I'm sure there is some relatively easy way of doing this, but so far I haven't figured out the method. :> I have a distribution list called PDBUG within my Contacts folder. I'd like to make that PDBUG list available to 3 other people within my organization. What is the easiest and/or best way to accomplish this? Is there some way I can just attach the PDBUG list to an email and have them save it? Thanks for your suggestions. Alan Alan <whoameye@nowhere.pew.invalid> wrote: > I have a distribution list called PDBUG within my Contacts folder. ...

Source and Destination Folders have different types of items
Help, I cannot Archive a very large file because I get a message which tells me that the Source and Destination files contain items of a different type and that I should make sure they contain same type of items. How do I do that? Thanks. Patty <Patty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help, > I cannot Archive a very large file because I get a message which > tells me that the Source and Destination files contain items of a > different type and that I should make sure they contain same type of > items. How do I do that? Thanks. Examine the properties of the two fol...

Moving from existing Exchange 2003 server to new Exchange 2003 server, between two domains
I last posted on this in mid-November, and we've not had a chance to do the migration off of the older box onto the newer box yet. We actually have two domains running within the company. One is 1st.local which contains the domain controller/terminal server that all of the office computers authenticate against, and 1st.net, which has the current Exchange 2003 server (Exchange1) as well as our various application servers. We've been trying to figure out some way of consolidating/moving around servers without completely breaking everything. My boss has recently suggested bringing up the ...

Saving a journal in a public folder
Can someone please help me with an Outlook problem? I have a "Contacts" and a "Journal" folder in my "All Public Folders". All Public Folders resides on an exchange server. When I save a journal entry for a particular contact by opening a contact in my public contacts folder and go to actions and new journal entry for contacts. When I save the journal entry it gets saved in my local Journal folder. I want the journal to be saved in a public journal folder that resides in All Public Folders. Please Help. Thanks, Justin ...