auto send email weekly or monthly using an appointment?

I'd like to send an email weekly at a certain time.  I've been searching
around on the web and found a post with the following text/code.
Can someone expound a bit for me?  is the "ThisOutlookSession" the name of a
macro?  What about the "public / private"?

Question:  How can you get VBA in outlook to send a message on a daily or
weekly basis?

Thanks To andrzej and www.outlookvba.com for this answer!

Set up a folder in your inbox called News Put your email in here
Set a recuring appointment in the calender with the subject new, to recur
when you want the email sent also set a reminder.

in ThisOutlookSession add the following:

Public WithEvents myOlItems As Outlook.Items

Private Sub Application_Reminder(ByVal Item As Object)

'wait for reminder
If Item.Sensitivity <> olConfidential Then
If TypeOf Item Is AppointmentItem Then SendApptReminder Item
End If

End Sub

Private Sub SendApptReminder(ByRef Item As AppointmentItem)

'Test the Subject of Reminder
If Item.Subject = "news" Then sendpage2 Else

End Sub
'Send news letter

Private Sub sendpage2()

Set ol = New Outlook.Application
Set olns = ol.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set MyInboxFolder = olns.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
Set myNewsletter = MyInboxFolder.Folders("News")
Then
Set mynews = myNewsletter.Items(1)
mynews.send

End Sub

0
deleteme (14)

Using ISNULL()
I've got a left join query that I need a 0 to be included in the a specific column that would normally be <NULL> in the left join. I'm trying to write the query using SELECT ..., ISNULL(<COLUMN>, 0), but I get a "Wrong number of arguments used with function in query expression 'ISNULL(<COLUMN>, 0)'" Is the ISNULL function defined for access 2003? And if so, what arguments should I be passing to it. All docs that I've discover say to use the two arg function. Thanks for the help in advance, Andy IsNull is the wrong function to use, it si...

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

Can I fade the edges of photos that I use?
I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? -- D:o) krazy-4-coke wrote: > I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the > edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? Not really. You should use dedicated image manipulation software for this, such as Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, or Microsoft Digital Image. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Ed, Are any of these programs typically come loaded on a computer?? I have another question - ca...

Saving existing Outlook emails
I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how I can save my existing Outlook emails and settings so that once I have the newly reformatted drive setup I can access my saved emails and files? do a search in your hard drive for *.pst... it contains all e-mails and contacts... in brief, all eggs in one basket. If you have mail rules you can export them, as you can your mail account(s). HTH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe01c4a73d$16a62f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how > I can ...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

'Send' not workin
I use MS Outlook 10 for email. I have recently migrated to a new computer and installed MS Outlook. When I try to 'send' a file (File menu > send to... ), I get an error message: 'The operation failed due to network or other communicaton problems' I also get the following when relevant: "Word couldn't send mail because of a MAPI: 'unspecified error' " I am connected to a Netgear ADSL router which provides network facilities. Can any one please advise? Peter Hi Peter, Please have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289966/en-us and...

Sending Letter to Contact Crashes Outlook
In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Letter to Contact, Outlook freezes up. On the other hand if Word is not open, "New Letter to Contact" works fine. Any explanation? Never seen it. You'll have to supply at least _some_ troubleshooting information. Error messages? Configuration changes to your setup? Did it ever work correctly? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Terry Smerling" <tsmerling@lasuperiorcourt.org> wrote in message news:udHcH$1QEHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Let...

Using different form strings to filter
Hello. Is there a way to code a query to have it use a filter string if a form is open, or ignore it if the filter is not open? Example: Query Name: Query1 Form: Form1 and Form2 Query fields: Field1 and Field2 I have a string in field 1 and 2 Forms!Form1!Field1 in the first field of the query, and Forms!Form1! Field2 in the second field. Can I also have Forms!Form2!Field1 in the query as well? I have tried this, but a box pops up and asks for the information from form 2 when it is not open. Thank you. hi, nybaseball22@gmail.com wrote: > Hello. Is there a way to code a query to...

Using Ghost as OS Backup
I attended a class a while back where the exchange admins said they used Ghost to clone the OS drive. I bought the product and it says that during the clone process it temporarily removes the server from the domain. Has anyone done this or had any problems? Thanks, Fred On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 05:26:28 -0600, "Fred T" <fredt2@mail.com> wrote: >I attended a class a while back where the exchange admins said they used >Ghost to clone the OS drive. I bought the product and it says that during >the clone process it temporarily removes the server from the domain. ...

using beforeprint
I am trying to get an application to append a file on a sheet printout. I am using Workbook_BeforePrint. It prints fine, but doesn't seem t execute the sub. What's wrong -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may post your existing code :-) Also check that you have put this code in your workbook module ('ThisWorkbook') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am trying to get an application to append a file on a sheet > printout. I am using Workbook_BeforePrint. It prints fine, but > doesn't seem to execute the sub. What's wrong?...

pivot table -repeating "months or days" after grouping
I have data that includes the month, day, hour, min. When I run th pivot table function to reduce the data to hourly I need the date t repeat in the date column. Example: 9/19/2002 0:00 2.7 9/19/2002 0:10 3.7 9/19/2002 0:20 3.8 9/19/2002 0:30 4.6 9/19/2002 0:40 4.8 9/19/2002 0:50 4.8 9/19/2002 1:00 5.6 9/19/2002 1:10 5.2 What I get when I group the Pivot table: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - - 1 AM 3.7 - - 2 AM 3.8 - - 3 AM 4.6 - - 4 AM 4.8 What I want is: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - 19-Sep 1 AM 3.7...

DPM sometimes uses too many tapes
Hi, i have problem with DPM long term backups on tape. I have collocation enabled so that is not a problem. Sometimes DPM uses too many tapes for same protection group, sometimes it uses 1, and then sometimes 2 - 4. Amount of data is always same. Can anybody help me please, what could be the problem? Hi Tornado, Can you explain protection group configurations as well as tape usage in detail, so that we can analyze on what is happening? Thanks, Jyothsna[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tornado" <Torn...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

Auto expanding X Axis for Chart
I have a chart setup, currently with reference to 31 cells width. The chart looks great if the user places a value in each of the 31 cells, however if there are only say 20 values placed across the cell row, the chart is displayed over to one side, with nil values displayed where no dat values were entered. Is there a way to have the chart automatically vary the width depending on the amount of values entered across the refernced row of cells? If there was only 20 values entered, then the chart would show 1-20 charted and leave out the 21-31. Corey.... EXCEL 2007...

Adding attachments to email merges
I am trying to create an email merge in Outlook, with a PDF attachment. It all works ok, and the message sends but the attaachment is always stripped off the message - I have tried different files and the attachement never comes through, or even gets mentioned in the received message. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks m.nutt1 Not supported. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "m.nutt1" <mark@emqc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23qnq...

Workflow Email on Campaign Response
I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign reponse form a email will be sent but when i go to add the action "send email" is not listed. Is it not possible to do this? This is CRM 3.0 Thanks I am facing the same problem. In CRM 3.0, when I want to add a workflow rule On creating a campaign response, "Send email" is not an available option in the Insert Action menue. Does anyone know the solution? -- Raj Limaye, PMP "Matt" wrote: > I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign &...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

sending mail options
How to send mail to 5-6 ppl in BCC and leave to filed empty? Dont want to add anything to "to" field. so revievers wont see any to part. or better, how to make reciever see their name on "to" filed while others are hidden. why someone might need this? While sending a product offer to companies, I'd like to send it once and want every customer see their name on "to" files. Saves lots of time cause I am sending lots of mails:p mns <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to send mail to 5-6 ppl in BCC and leave to filed empty? Dont > want...

i want send these messages absolutly
Send all my messages, thanks No problem, will get them off first thing Monday. jacques;1652986 Wrote: > Send all my messages, thanks -- VistaRookie 10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found here: '*Google*' (http://www.google.com) Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com What messages? Spam messages? You will get thousands of spam messages as soon as you post your email address. The only way anyone knows however where to send messages to is if they have your email address. "jacques" <jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

I can't get rid of 1 "Payment to Send' Reminder-M07
On my Home Page in the Reminder section, I have a "1 Payment to Send" listed there. But there is NO payment to send. I"ve opened up back-up copies as far back as May and the reminder is there, but there is no payment that needs sending. Does anybody have an idea how I can get rid of this Reminder? Just removing the Reminder from Home Page doesn't do it. When you put the Reminder back on the Home Page, the "Payment to Send" is still there. Clicking on the link just takes me to Bill Summary page. ...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...