Auto Send and Receive Not Working

I have a user, my boss, that we setup to POP whether
internally or externally.  It works when we manually hit
the Send and Receive button; however, we would like to
have it automatically do this.

I setup the Schedule Auto Send and Receive for 2 minutes
and it will not work.

What could be the problem?

RickCass
0
anonymous (74722)

On 29 Apr 2004 12:11, "RickCass" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
>I have a user, my boss, that we setup to POP whether internally or
>externally.  It works when we manually hit the Send and Receive button;
>however, we would like to have it automatically do this.
>
>I setup the Schedule Auto Send and Receive for 2 minutes and it will
>not work.
>
>What could be the problem?

Did you try setting the connection type in the POP connector to "LAN"
(Local Area Network)?
--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

0
bens1 (1425)
4/29/2004 10:44:55 PM
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:11:53 -0700, "RickCass"

>I have a user, my boss, that we setup to POP whether
>internally or externally.  It works when we manually hit
>the Send and Receive button; however, we would like to
>have it automatically do this.
>
>I setup the Schedule Auto Send and Receive for 2 minutes
>and it will not work.
>
>What could be the problem?
>
>RickCass

is his connection live all of the time or does the line disconnect
each time the send/receive session is done?

aasuming you're using OL2000,

during a send/receive session be sure the 'hang up when finished' box
is NOT checked.

then, navigate to TOOLS:ACCOUNTS.  select the proper account and click
on PROPERTIES.  Click CONNECTION.  Be sure that CONNECT USING MY PHONE
LINE is checked and that the correct dial-up networking connection is
selected.

Rich

0
me3738 (54)

Auto Date Footer in PPT 2007 / Make non slectable in normal view
I noticed in PPT 2007 when you apply an auto date footer on the master it actually places a selectable text box on all slides (footers also). Is there a way to include the auto date code in a text box on the master so it cannot be selected in normal view? Like it was in PPT 2003? I need to have it so it's not selected by accident in normal view. Maybe this? http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Old_Style_Slide_Numbers.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "...

Auto Accept Agent
I'm trying to Unregister a non-existing mailbox from the AutoAcceptAgent Event. The mailbox was removed from the system, but still shows up in the list of registered mailboxes. Any ideas where this information is stored? The Unregistration procedure queries AD for the primary email address to find the matching object (through the mail attribute) but can't find it :) ...

Can't send .jpg or .gif attachment
I'm running Windows XP. I can send and receive text only e-mails. I'm using Outlook Express 6 and Pegasus 4. With either e-mail program I cannot send an e-mail with a jpg or a gif attachment. The same picture file in bmp format will go OK. File size is not the issue as a large bmp file will go but small jpg or gif files will not. I'm using Earthlink as an ISP, and using their Web E-mail on their web site the jpg and gif attachments go OK. Help!!! What error or other behavior do you get when you do try to send it? Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Exp...

sending one record from a form to a word merge doc
I would like to send the current record to a merge doc in Word with out going through a lot of mail merge stuff. ...

Does Money work with a PDA?
PocketPC - yes. Palm - you'll need something like Ultrasoft Money -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Scott" <team_sabi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:072601c38d19$f755ccc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Sharing to groups doesn't work properly
Hello, We're running into a weird, weird issue. People have been sharing their calendars, and granting permissions to some mail-enabled groups in Exchange. It seems like it will work for a few users, or work for a day or two, then stop working. Instead of the typical "unable to display the calendar. The calendar folder could not be found" message you receive when someone hasn't shared their calendar, you get a smaller "the Calendar folder could not be found." message. Our groups are universal groups, we have a pretty boring domain structure (1 domain, no...

Sending and receiving Internet mail with Exchange 2000
I was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly how to go about sending and receiving Internet mail with Exchange 2000. I can see that the POP3 and SMTP services are running on my server, however since I do not have a static IP address from my ISP, I cannot point my MX record (please correct me if I'm using the wrong terminology here) to my Exchange Server. Instead, my domain mail accounts are hosted by my ISP and I have set up a POP3 account for each of my users which retrieves mail from the external server (mail.penland.net) and sends mail through the same external server. If there is...

Money 2006 doesn't work as well as 2003
In Microsoft Money 2003, I had the following experiences: 1. Hardly ever shut down involuntarily. Money 2006 has shut down three times in as many days. 2. Money 2003 would automatically update daily. I have to manually update Money 2006 even though I have selected the automatic function. 3. Money 2003 kept my three different files separate. Money 2006 brings them all under one roof, so to speak, displaying banking information across file lines. 4. Money 2003 had a simplified screen. Money 2006 displays information I don't want and gives me no way to eliminate that information. Th...

how to stop auto converting number to date?
Hi here is my problem. I type 9.1 -> I get september 1 (In my country decimal is ",", but lots of files comes with ".") Thats nothing, it is easy to correct, but I'am using copy/paste from lots of different files/pages/apps, and on every number that can be converted to date, Excel converts it to date. Worst it can not be converted back. Maybe there is an option to completely turn off this kind of conversion and leave it like text, so I can use replace, or other function? Begin the entry with an apostrophe; '9.1 This will make it text OR pre-format the ce...

sending repeat e-mails automatically
I have outlook 2002 How do I send the same message over repeating every other day automatically? I check my mail remote mail box via e-mail. I would like to set this up automatically Thanks Steve See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Steve" <wsg.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:050701c35d5f$12ab2c30$a501280a@phx.gbl... &...

Keyboard Shortcut Control + Shift + M Not Working
I am a long-time Quicken user who has just switched over the Microsoft Money 2006. I have a lot of old transactions in my checking account that don't show up as reconciled, which is messing up my ability to balance the account. I have tried the shortcut mentioned in some of the group's posts (Control + Shift + M) but nothing is happening. I have the transaction I want to clear selected. Other shortcuts seem to work fine in the program. Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong? Can anyone help? I use it in every version. Are you using Advanced Register? Ctrl+Shift+M = Reco...

Manual calc for one sheet, auto calc for another
Is it possible to set one sheet to manual calculation and another sheet to auto calculation, in the same workbook? Thanks Hall, No. It's not even possible to set it differently for two workbooks. Stranger than fiction. You could do it with a Sheet_Activate sub in the ThisWorkbook module. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets messy. When in Rome... ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Hall" <hall@garp...

how to send timesheets for approvals to two different timesheet ma
just suppose if one team member is working on two separate projects of two different project managers and two different time sheet managers. now only one timesheet manager can Specify for one team member . and team member need to send timesheets for approvals to two different timesheet managers at the same time. how it can be done ? Kindly reply me soon Sam -- Each user can have only one timesheet manager, so what you want to do is not possible. However, it IS possible to set up a "chain" of timesheet approvers, so that when Approver A approves a timesheet, it g...

Why does this code not work?
The following code gives me 'function not found'. According to the Help page for Eval function, it should work? Private Sub butRun_Click() Dim strMod As String strMod = "Gumbo" Eval (strMod & "()") <========= fails here End Sub Private Function Gumbo() As Boolean MsgBox "Gumbo" Gumbo = True End Function "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:745CFEDE-8C04-44EC-969A-6D325A8633E8@microsoft.com... > The following code gives me 'function not found'. According to the Help > pag...

Disable Auto Budget feature
Hi All, I'm new to Money 2005 and stumbling my way through it. I'm using th Advanced Budget Feature because my income/expense constantly change. Here's the problem: I'm entering expense into the budget and when finish, it has adjusted them. Going back to edit, they were how entered them, so I assume this is the auto budget at work. I've trie disabling by unchecking the boxes, but it isn't working. It jus rechecks them every time I enter. How can I permanently disable thi feature? Any help appreciated. li "ejy110" <ejy110.22mzyb@no-spam-here.com...

I only can send mail ,but not recieve.
i have built a domain in company , now i want build a exchange mail server to implement mail transfer through intranet and internet , i found i only can send mail to both intranet and internet ,but can not recieve mails ,and it has not any err notice! Please help me ! Thanks! How are you testing it? I assume you have already the correct MX records for your domain pointing to your exchange server. When you send an email from outside account to your account inside the company you should get an NDR. Are you getting it? Jude "sword_public" wrote: > i have built a domain in compan...

Back Order Work Order
Hello, When adding an item with 0 inventory to a sale I get a prompt to create a back order. When I add the same exact item to a work order there is no prompt to create a back order. Is that correct? I expect to have some back orders on work orders is there a work around method (or maybe I am missing a fix)? Thank you, Jim This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0572_01C89517.067BEB30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable JimF, In RMS' mind, an order, is an order, is an order, and not a sale. --=20...

Sending Messages from Outlook Shows 2 of 2
I have noticed that when I create a message to a single recipient in Outlook and send that message, the status bar shows "sending message 2 of 2." I only have one message in the outbox to send. What is the 2 of 2? Thank you. NFC, why not check your Outbox? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After doing some homework by searching Google.groups and not finding an answer: Charles Allen <callen@bkd.com> asked: | I have noticed that when I create a message to a single | recipient in Outlook and send that message, ...

SEND AS not working anymore
I've moved a few users from Exchange 2000 to 2003. There is a generic mailbox still sitting on Exchange 2000 which those users have FULL MAILBOX ACCESS right. Those users have the generic mailbox opened in their OL profile in addition to their own personal mailbox. Prior to the move, they are able to SEND AS that generic mailbox. After the move, they're now getting... You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. Each user still has FULL MAILBOX ACCESS right to that mailbox. I also did this on the generic mailbox... PRO...

receiving email never finishes processing
I have 3 accounts set up in Outlook 2003. When I do a Send and Receive it looks like there are no errors. However, the email never leaves my outbox and I do not receive email. When I look at Show Progress in Send and Receive settings it looks like the send has completed but the receiving never finishes processing. All 3 accounts are doing the same thing. I even removed all 3 accounts and started over but I am having the same problem. (The Test Email in set up completed with no errors on all 3 accounts.) I did not have this problem in 2000 so I am guessing it is a setting somewhere but ...

Work Through a Database and Copy unique Values Q
I've got the following database details in a sheet called Database3, that shows employee numbers and dates that they have clocked in Col A Col B 1 11/04/05 1 12/04/05 1 13/04/05 2 12/04/05 2 14/04/05 3 11/04/05 I'm looking for a piece of code that will copy only the employee number to a ceratin cell in worksheet "reports". I therefore need the code to work through the detail above and everytime it finds a "new" employee number to copy this 12 cells below where the fi...

Store send-as mails in public folders
Hi, I've created a few public folders on our exchange server 2k, each represents a department. These public folders are mail-enabled and people outside the organisation can send items (mails) to them. Also I've given several people within our company the right send mail as a public folder. My question is following, is their a way so that mails that were send as that public folder to store also in that same public folder? This way all mails concerning that department are in 1 place only. If possible I prefer a server side solution, cause I could solve it with Outlook Rules but I have...

auto numbering #4
I have made a purchase order template in excel, I want a new purchase order number to appear each time the sheet is opened automaticlly, but I am having trouble doing this. HELP IS NEEDED URGENT You could use something simple like: Sub Workbook_Open() With Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") .Value = .Value + 1 End With ActiveWorkbook.Save End Sub --- Press ALT+F11, double-click on "ThisWorkbook" module, and paste in the code. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have made a purchase order template in excel, I want a new purcha...

Can't receive mail 05-04-10
I can't receive mail but I can send mail. When I select send/receive button a window pops up with an error message saying: Account: 'mail.valleyhomeloans.com', Server: 'mail.valleyhomeloans.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization first', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 I am not sure what is wrong I have not changed my settign and my mail was working fine friday before i left work --Lourdes Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log...

Message Rules not working
Using Oulook 2003 with Exchange 2003. (SBS 2003 network) Server-side message forwarding rules do not work when forwarding to an external email address. All other email functions work normally. e.g. I want to forward all my incoming mail to my mobile phone email address. Doesn't work. If I get it to forward to someone else within the company it does work. I have tried different external email addresses. Help! I'm 99% certain this is an exchange server setting. Many companies do not allow for forwarding to external email addresses, so perhaps the default setting is that you c...