auto save e-mail address to contacts from outgoing mail

auto save e-mail address to contacts from outgoing mail
0
anonymous (74722)

Did you have a question?
If so, would you care to post your Outlook version?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> auto save e-mail address to contacts from outgoing mail

0
russval (3097)
5/18/2004 11:37:00 PM
Not all versions of Outlook support it but there are rules addins that
add the capability.
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

[Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook]

On 18 May 2004 19:01, Martin wrote:
>auto save e-mail address to contacts from outgoing mail

0
info2937 (567)

Mailing address fields
I have 4 address fields in database But not need to use all of them every time. How can I remove (eg address2 ) and shift the other fields (eg suburb and city) up a slot . I dont want to have gaps in the address label header. There's a report wizard that will lay your address lables out correctly for you. Essentially, you set the Can Shrink property of the text box to Yes. If it is null, the text box then shrinks vertically as if it were zero-height (provided there are no other things beside it that prevent this.) The Detail section also has a Can Shink property. If you want the ...

CFileDialog -- auto completion issue
I'm using an extended CFileDialog (provides Win2k dialog support) and all is working fine, but I had one minor tweak question. If I have the files: c:\temp\test.xml c:\temp\test.txt And I specify that the dialog is only looking for .xml files, when a user types into the file name field "test", the auto-complete dropdown lists suggests both possibilities. I'd like for it only to suggest the .xml file since that's what the dialog's filter is set to. This works in Office 2000, but with any other app that uses the dialog, you'll get the multiple "incorrect&quo...

save as pipe delimited #2
hi, just an appendage: i found another link, which provides a file by Earl which does this. http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265998&highlight=pipe+delimited i am not able to figure out where to input the filename for the data t be picked up from. any information regarding this would be helpful. thanks, mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26877 ...

e-mail aliases
We have 2 e-mail addresses that are user names and have to be recieved by one specific user. (info@ and help@) To do this as I understand it, We should be creating a distribution list and group in the Exchange Server 2003. I follow the steps to do this in the "How to create a distribution list (distribution group) in Exchange Server 2003" article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821904. We name a group name infobecky and helpbecky as becky will be the one getting these mails. (We go through the steps twice once for each e-mail name). The Group Scope is set to UNIVERSAL The...

Help!! sort address field by street, then number??
Is there a way to accomplish this feat?? cell data "7004 Brookville Rd" need the file by street name , then by number. All suggestions deeply appreciated. Keef If you're lucky you could use Data|Text to columns. To separate pieces into individual columns. But I've never been lucky enough to get 100% -- lots of manual effort may be required. Keefer wrote: > > Is there a way to accomplish this feat?? > cell data > "7004 Brookville Rd" > need the file by street name , then by number. > > All suggestions deeply appreciated. > > Keef...

Can I have two Internet Mail Services in one Exchange 5.5 Organiza
Hello, My current environment consists of 6 mailbox servers and one server hosting the internet mail service (Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000). I need to use one of the 6 mailbox servers for a product that will need to route outbound mail to another server for other secure outbound services while the other 5 servers route to the current internet mail service. Is this possible? Can I add a secondary internet mail service just for this one server? I am not able to find any knowledge base articles for assistance. Thanks in advance! On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0700, "exadm" &l...

Received mail notification in Outlook 2007
I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? That's a Windows setting in Control Panel, Sounds. Under Windows Sounds, choose one for New mail Notification. "RigaLVB" wrote: > I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would > like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, > such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? > > > ...

Windows 7 Mail problem 12-08-09
Using Windows 7 Professional with a Gmail account. I installed Windows Live Mail and it works - but. Whenever I Sync (F5) it takes a long time and sometimes indicates the server is not connected too. Do I want to wait and I answer yes - then it proceeds VERY SLOWLY? Is there a problem with Google Gmail and Syncing mail? Is there something I missed in the setup? thx You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/...

Public Folder Contacts for addressing email in OWA
OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a shared calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in Public folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for users to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders. Clicking "To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the Public folders. Can this be done? I don't think there is anyway to make a public folder Contacts folder visible in OWA. Maybe someone like Messageware (www.messageware.com) has an add-on ...

User name does not show up in Global Address List in Outlook
We created several AD accounts with email. I look at the exchange server and the recipients policy is default. Is there an options or configurations I need to do so the user email address will automatically show up in the global address list? I am stump as to why it does not show up in global address list. they should, automatically...are the AD accounts stamped with an smtp address? If not, it would appear that your RUS is malfunctioning...if they are, you should be able to see them in the GAL unless you're running Outlook in cached mode, maybe, and your OAB is not updating... -...

Disconnected contacts
We have a user who 'Track'ed in CRM' almost 400 contacts, following these steps: 1. Performed an Advanced Find for contacts whose Sensitivity = Normal. 2. Opened the first record in the Advanced Find results pane. 3. Clicked on 'Track in CRM'. 4. Clicked on CNTL-S to save; the Track in CRM button changed to 'View in CRM' and the icon next to the contact in the results pane changed to the CRM-tracked icon. 5. Clicked on the 'Next Record' button to move down the list one record. 6. Repeated the process for all records in the Advanced Find results pan...

Reset Tab Order on Template Contact Detail Form
I have edited the design of the Contacts Detail Template form. How do I reset the tab order to start with the new text boxes I have entered? In Design View I selected all of the text boxes, selected Tab Order, and for the template only "tabContacts appears for the Tab Order rather than the list of text boxes in the tab order. The new items I added are on the list, but in order to make the form work, I had to move them to the top of the form. When I return to form view, select Save and New, the tab goes to my new tab "Category1" then "Category2", then it goes to...

mail merge multiple lines in an e-mail
How can I merge multiple lines from an excel document into one e-mail ? So the e-mails should be dynamical. Hi Guy, There's probably an Excel vba solution for this, but there's also a Word mailmerge/vba solution using Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at: http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107 or http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with i...

auto reply email entering queue
How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues. Any idea ? -- Christophe As far as i remember this is not possible because the Exchange-Account which is used for the queue has to be "disabled". Maybe you can configure Exchange as it would auto-forward incoming mails for your queue to another Exchange-User and try to get auto-reply work this way. Another option -which is highly unsupported- is to create a trigger on Activity-Tabl...

Excell Cells: Auto Formatting
I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row and it wont extend. What can I do? When protecting the sheet allow users to format cells and rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:14:01 -0800, Sophie <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit >information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row > and it wont extend. What can I do? How do I jus...

How can i get more 3D shapes for Auto shapes in excel?
Please suggest how i can get more shapes (simple as well as 3D ) in Auto Shapes of drawing toolbar in excel & word? ...

Auto Fill
I want to auto fill in a differant direction. I know how to fill both vertically and horizontally. I want the formulas that are arranged horizontally to fill vertically. I have tried to hold the alt and or the ctrl key while auto filling but that didn't work. I'm trying to explain this a plain as possible, sorry for the confusion. Chuck Don't know if I quite understand you, but what happens when you select the row of formula containing cells and simply click on the "fill handle" and drag down to copy ? -- HTH, RD ============================================== ...

e-mail just sits
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5140F.E1605920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having a problem with my e-mail just staying in my outbox. I am = using Outlook that came with MS Office Professional 2003 I compose my mail and hit send and it just stays in my in box. It = doesn't matter how many times I hit send & receive it will no go out, = It happen about 50% of the time. It seams to happen more when I have an = attachments with the mail. --=20 Regards, Ron ...

send to recipient mail as attachment
when I try to send an open word file by selecting send to recipient as attachment it simply opens up outlook with the mentioned document in attachment when a perticular user tries to do this she gets an error message bottom line is that this functionality only works for some people and it will never work for others where can I find info on how to solve this by changing settings in office or in the registry or whatever I have already googled and only found pointers to mapi errors telling me absolutely nothing new they all state that this is happening because outlook or outlook express...

Exporting all Contacts as vCards
Is there a way to export an entire set of contacts from Outlook to a set of vCard files. I can see how to save each individual contact as a vCard - but it would be nice to be able to dump my entire PST file out as vCards. Thanks everyone. === Phil Phil Jones <phil_newsgroup@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to export an entire set of contacts from Outlook to a > set of vCard files. > > I can see how to save each individual contact as a vCard - but it > would be nice to be able to dump my entire PST file out as vCards. Only one at a time, I'm afraid, with ...

Exchange 5.5 E mail message
I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and two gets a message in those one month old E-mails; from legitimate people that says: "No Message collected". I read on the internet, that AOL Had this "No Message collected" problem. I called and talked to an AOL mail administrator and he knew nothing about this problem. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here. TIA, Jess tsqr55@yahoo.com "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and >two ge...

Forward mail from certain person from one Public Folder to another.
I'm trying to figure out how to make the exchange server (not outlook) move mail which comes into a public folder (from the internet) from a specific FROM address to a subfolder of our 'abuse' folder. I tried using the folder assistant but i didnt see a way to make it allow me to specify a folder as the destination. thanks, -Drew ...

How do I insert a logo into outgoing email in Outlook?
I want to creat stationery in Outlook that has my company logo at the top. When I try to create stationery and insert the logo, the entire page is filled with many logos. ...

Sumproduct but only first time corresponding value is seen e.g. un
Using XL03 Sample Data: Name Race Speed Avg Speed Track Month Joe 2:12 2:15 OFCF Jan Joe 2:28 2:15 ADL Feb Mary 2:14 2:07 ADL Jan Joe 2:15 2:15 ADL Feb etc I already have sumproducts in place to count how many participants raced in each month, how many at each track, etc. The last piece I need to add is the number of people for a given track on a given month, who had an /average/ time of over 2 minutes. But, I have repeat...

MAPI error importing contacts into Outlook 2002
I am trying to import contacts from ACT 6.0 into Outlook 2002, but I receive the following error: "An error occurred while importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0X80070057 was reported. Please try to import/export again later." I have close to 3000 contacts I'm trying to import, but it always gives me an error after importing 750 of them. I've tried importing via Excel and via a tab delimited text file, eliminating the non-matching fields and mapping everything. I've also tried seeing if there was any data around record #750 tha...