Auto Reply with attachment

I have Outlook Express 6 (2004).   2 Questions

(1)  How do I set up auto reply?
(2)  Can you send out auto reply with an attachment.

Thanks.

Ken N.

Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!
--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Ken Newberger" <KenNewberger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Outlook Express 6 (2004).   2 Questions
>
> (1)  How do I set up auto reply?
> (2)  Can you send out auto reply with an attachment.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ken N.

0
Roady

Exchange 2000
Hi all I've recently renamed a user. Now I found that everytime I type that user name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName <OldUserName>. I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user. How to correct it? Please help. Thanks BT Just a few points ... 1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them (use the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key. 2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if...

Hi, I have a few 100 requests to join a forum on my website which were sent through Outlook with a simple "join" in the subject and detail of the message. I want to create a mailing reply group from all the adresses in this folder in Outlook 2003, how do I do it.? TIA John ...

why do emails in the inbox disappear when I reply to them?
When I reply to an email in microsoft outlook, the email disappears from the inbox. Does anyone know why? Where does the email go? When I search for the email it will find it and tell me its still in the inbox, but it isnt Have you checked to ensure no rules or filters are applied within Outlook? >-----Original Message----- >When I reply to an email in microsoft outlook, the email disappears from the >inbox. Does anyone know why? Where does the email go? When I search for >the email it will find it and tell me its still in the inbox, but it isnt >. > Fonzy &l...

How to move text file attachement to desired folder
Hello, I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to desired folder after the email is received. Regards Pawel K. See this software: http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod03.html -- Ricardo Silva [Outlook MVP] Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "PK" <nadzibullach@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:dorppo$4vg$1@news.onet.pl... > > I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to > desired folder after the email is received. http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/...

Excel should allow auto shape boxes to be fixed to points on the g
I have constructed a graph that has data added to it daily. On the graph I have used several auto shape boxes to highlight key data milestones. Problem is every time I add new data the auto shape boxes move and have to be manually adjusted to repoint them to the relevant data point. Is there any way they can be fixed to the relevant data points on the graph so that they remain fixed to that point and therefore don't move/shift when new data is added? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Outlook 2007 Attachments #2
In version 2003, I was able to delete an attachment from an incoming item, and retain the item, without the attached file. THis saved a lot of storage, if I had the file on the file server. I can not figure out how to do this in Outlook 2007. Any help will be appreciated. Carl I think I figured this out. If mail is sent as Rich Text, you can not remove the attachment since it embedded in the body of the email. If sent HTML or Plain Text, the attachment is in a "line" of its own, right below Subject and can be removed "Carl" wrote: > In version 2003, I was able...

Outlook Express E-mail Attachment Is Gone
I accessed an incoming Outlook Express E-mail attachment, modified some areas, saved it as "first draft 3," and E-mailed it back to the sender. The attachment did not reach the recipient. But now I cannot find the attachment that I modified, and saved as "first draft 3." I have searched the Outlook Express Folders, recent documents in Word 2003, and my hard drive. No results found. Please advise me on "How to find this missing document?" -- Ray10X10 This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PC...

Auto Format
Can you create custom Auto Formats in Excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Out of office reply only working internally
Hi, When I turn on the OOR it works just fine internally but if I send emails from the outside the reply is not going out. I already tried what is suggested in Q297281 but it's still not working. Thanks! Joe ...

How to Auto duplicate cell contents?
Suppose if I type 'ABC' in 'A3' & 'DEF' in 'C4' on worksheet1 cells an I wish them to automatically show in certain cells in other worksheet (and also may be other workbooks. I tried to enter =Sheet2!D19 in sheet1 A1 cell. It works fine if had contents in sheet2 d19. But if I changed the contents in Sheet2 D19 The content in sheet1 A1 doesn't change to new content. It still show the old content! It also only show me '0' if I enter the formula befor I type in any content. And it also just remain '0' even after I entere text in sh...

Image attachments problem #2
I am trying to set up outlook 2002 (XP). When we receive a message from someone with image attachments (jpg, gif) we are unable to view them in the message. How do I make it so we are able to view image the images in the actual message. I have tried everything, well almost everything. Can someone help? Thanks Auto ...

OE Attachments #2
When I receive mail with attachments it gives a message with the following statement when I try to view the attachment: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail Is there a setting that needs to be changed to allow the attachments through? Are the attachments still there? Yes, the attachment is still there. This is a new security feature that can be toggled on/off via Tools | Options | Security tab | second checkbox from the top concerning attachments. "tttiiiggger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:960701c433c6$9bb...

OL2K assistance changing level 1 attachments
I am running Office 2000 Standard (no Access). Consequently, Outlook considers .mdb attacments to be a level 1 attachment and blocks them. The following article was helpful if I wanted to add additional extensions (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837388/EN-US/) but I'm trying to do the opposite and allow .mdb files in. Might someone be able to tell me the place in the registry to do so? Many thanks. Use the Level1Remove registry value. See = http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 htt...

Attachments #25
I receive email messages in OUTLOOK. Many of these have attachmenst, the file names of which appear on the screen in OUTLOOK. However, when the message is printed, the file name of the attachment is missing. Please advise if it is possible yto configure OUTLOOK to print the name of the attachment. Many thanks. ...

drop down symbol and a database attached to it
I type in customer name every week in to a new worksheet( some times customers are not same as previous week) into a column. I like to know if there is a way to add a drop down symbol to each cell and a database of cutomer names, so that i can select the name from th list, thank for the help Data>Validation>Settings>Allow>List where you enter an equal sign and and a named range containing customer names, such as =MyCustomers OR refer to the range that holds the custimer names =M2:M100 OR list the names, each sparated by a comma and no spaces such as: sanik,Jim, etc. -- Greeting...

CRM should allow auto numbering of the products
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9c8e0ba6-f37a-4fc1-84fd-ff5b578e2c76&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

stop autosaving attachments
Hi, Somehow Outlook 2003 with an exchange server account has decided that whenever I double click an attachment, Outlook should save two copies of the attachment in My Documents. It used to create temporary files that would be deleted after closing whatever program opened the attachment. But now it creates two permanent files; one is even flagged read only. Any ideas on how to stop this behavior? Thanks! ...

How attach data in a row so it can be sorted by the date column?
I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. When I select the date column and hit the tool bar a-z button only the dates sort and not other information in the adjacent columns. What can I do? Hi! Select the entire range that you want to sort. Goto Data>Sort. Sort by the column that contain the dates. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into >one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. W...

Saving File attachments
Ok. I give up. Why can't I highlight multiple file attachments then right click to save all of them? Does the right-click-save really only work on one file at a time? What version of Outlook are you using and where are the attachments showing? Can you use the File->Save Attachments option? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, -xiray- asked: | Ok. I give up. Why can't I...

Problem with compressed attachments
Some friends running Outlook 2007 on Vista reports that if they receive a compressed file (.zip) as an attachment and if they attempt to open it they get a message asking to open or save it. If they choose to open it nothing happens. Other attachments are opened without problems. If they save the attachment they can open it without problems. How can I help them solving this problem? Regards Mario Mario - Roma <mario@mydomain.local> wrote: > Some friends running Outlook 2007 on Vista reports that if they > receive a compressed file (.zip) as an attachment and if they attempt >...

Retrieve attachments from notes tab of an entity
Hi Guys, In crm 3.0 usually we will attach any files to an entity through notes tab ..Simply i want to retrieve and display those attachments in an aspx page created by using VS.NET 2005. Can anybody provide crmcode for retrieving attachements from notes tab of an entity to aspx page. Waiting for replies. Thanks in advance Prabhakar ...

opening attachments in letter
I am trying to figure out how to view attachments such a photos and things inside the letter without having to open the attachment seperatly like outlook express has it set up but I don't find and option that lets me do that, does anyone know how to do that or if it is possible???? Thanks ...

Limit Attachment size
Hello We are using Outlook 2007 with POP3 mail accounts , No Exchange Server Is there a way when a user press Send to run a VBA code to check if any attachment in the mail is exceeding certain size limit we specify, say 5 Mega Max. , if so it displayes an error to user and refuse to send the mail Any help is very appreciated Thanks Bassam > We are using Outlook 2007 with POP3 mail accounts , No Exchange Server > > Is there a way when a user press Send to run a VBA code to check if > any attachment in the mail is exceeding certain size limit we specify, > say 5 Mega Max....

attachments on Outlook Express #2
The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and I can't open them. How can I get the attachments to open? Here is a link to an article that explains how to disable the security feature that blocks attachments, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;329570. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message >From: "HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!" <anonymous@discussio...

attachment's
when i click on an attachment it opens automatically the warning dialog box that usually opens either open/save to disc does not pop up someone removed the check mark "always ask before opening this type of file" how do i re-enable this prompt Open Windows Explorer and select Tools | Options. Go to File Types tab. Highlight the file type and then select Advanced button. Make sure the confirm after download checkbox is checked. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "ron"...