Auto Reply #13

Can someone please let me know how to set up an Auto Reply
on my email...I will be away from my office on vacation
and I would like to set up an auto reply to advise anyone
trying to contact me that I will be away.
I am currently using Outlook 2000.
Please help if you can.....You have no idea how long I've
been trying to figure this out
Linda
0
anonymous (74722)

You can use Outlook Rules Wizard or one of the third-party automatic rules
processing addins. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm and
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/index.htm .

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone please let me know how to set up an Auto Reply
> on my email...I will be away from my office on vacation
> and I would like to set up an auto reply to advise anyone
> trying to contact me that I will be away.
> I am currently using Outlook 2000.
> Please help if you can.....You have no idea how long I've
> been trying to figure this out
> Linda

0
suemvp (4038)

Macro 05-13-10
I’m having problems with the last part of a macro. The macro deletes 4 columns, sorts on column G then subtotals column H on each change in column G. The final piece is to remove all the rows where the subtotal is zero so that just the non zero subtotals are left. Does anyone know how to do this? ...

"reply" and "reply all" with attachement
hello please tell me how i can set up outlook XP (2002) to obtain the following thing when i have an e-mail with attach and hit the "reply" or reply all" - the text of the original e-mail is shown in the message but the attachement is not when I forward the e-mail - everything is OK thanks bma19 wrote: > hello > please tell me how i can set up outlook XP (2002) to obtain the > following thing > when i have an e-mail with attach and hit the "reply" or reply all" - > the text of the original e-mail is shown in the message but the > attachem...

Replies to e-mails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I reply to an e-mail instead of being placed into my sent folder it is placed in my Inbox, thus requiring me to have to move them at a later stage. Is there a setting that needs to be changed and if so wht are the steps? ...

auto numbering/sheet of cards
Have to make some cards up. I need to do several on a sheet, when I set it up to do more than one card, how do you do it so it numbers them, say starting aat an odd number, then in numerical order from there? Build a database with consecutive numbers and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx You can use Excel, Access, a Word table or Publisher to build your list. There are other databases. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bruce" <notreally@idontw...

outlook 2000 reply/forward
I have outlook 2000 running on WinXP home ed. Recently, I am unable to forward or reply to any email. I can compose and send but not forward or reply/reply all. When I cick FORWARD or REPLY, I get the hour glass for a very long time. Any thoughts on how to solve this problem? Fred, I have the same problem and I can't figure out how to correct the issue. Have you come across any answers since your original positing? -Jeff "Fred" wrote: > I have outlook 2000 running on WinXP home ed. Recently, I > am unable to forward or reply to any email. I can compose > and send b...

macro auto loading
I'm trying to automate a few actions whilst loading an excel spreadsheet 1. prevent the save command from showing from startup. 2. prevent the save icon from showing from startup. 3. when (eventually) exiting preventing if not pressed saveAs, the option dialog box [save-no-cancel] box from appearing. Can anyone HELP ME on this one please!!! Matt...................... Crikey Matt Nearly every group posted to...1 possible answer in Links -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "matt rich" <matt.rich@bti...

Outlook auto-complete
How does one get the addresses out of OUTLOOK's autocomplete directory. I know they are in there.... -- Coast-To-Coast is the world''s leading self-storage consultancy firm. Please call me tollfree 877 622-5508 ext 81! ...

y-axis auto range based on data limits
I have a spread sheet with numerous charts. I need the y axis on the charts to set the minimum appoximately 20% below the lowest data point and set the maximum appoximately 20% above the highest data point. The major unit should be set at appoximately 10% of the entire range of data. The spreadsheets are templates and will have a wide variety data placed into the cells. Calculate the appropriate values in some cells. Use this technique to apply the calculated values to the chart's axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

Auto categorization..why does it fail?
I use Money 2003 Can anybody confirm what I was just told by my bank about Money ( and Quicken) Just got off the phone with Bank of America tech support. He told me that recent Money and Quicken programs have the auto-categorization feature but it doen not work for B of A customers. Auto-categorization is designed to enable program to automaticially assign the proper category to the payees so that this does not have to be done manually for each transaction in somebodys monthly check register download. However.... The B of A Tech said that the presence of transaction tracking dates a...

Public folder auto-replys
Hello. Ive been trying to set-up the following for a couple of days and seem to have run into a brick wall so thought i would turn to here to see if anyone can help;) I have a distribution group (administration@) that is heavily used and am trying to set-up an auto-responder for it. Now, Ive set up a public folder (auto-responder@) and set-up the folder assistant to automaticly fire a default response to anyone that emails that pf. Tested from external account and works (had to give anon read/write permissions first though). Ive then added that pf to the membership of administration so, in ...

auto update of conditional macro
Hi again, I have just noticed that when I open the spreadsheet the cell with the =today() command automatically updates but the macro that is dependant on the answer does not update. I have tried to use refresh F9 but that doesn't work. I can go into the cell and hit enter and that then refreshes the colour assigned to the day. Is there a way of doing this when the spreadsheet opens up? Or is that not advisable? Andrew Are you using the worksheet_calculate event? That event recalced for me when I opened a workbook with =today() in a cell (xl2003). If you're not using that event,...

Auto filter and data validation
Hi I am wondering if it is possible to link an auto filter to a data validation list so that the column of data with the auto filter can be hidden and the selection of the autofilter is driven by what is chosen in the data validation list cell, thanks You could use an Advanced Filter in combination with a data validation list. There's a sample file here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Filters, look for 'Filter for Date Range' Momo wrote: > Hi I am wondering if it is possible to link an auto filter to a data > validation list so that the column o...

auto save in tool menu
In Office 2000 when I set the options in the Excel auto save feature, they only last for that session. Is there any way to make my settings the default? I don't use autosave, but does this help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231117 XL2000: AutoSave Settings Are Not Retained Between Sessions of Excel 2000 Jim wrote: > > In Office 2000 when I set the options in the Excel auto > save feature, they only last for that session. Is there > any way to make my settings the default? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

auto add Scanned item to transaction
Is there a way to automatically add a scanned item to the transaction? It seems silly to have to hit enter with each item. I'm hoping its just a setting I haven't found yet. I have enabled touchless transactions. The carriage return is a setting on your scanner, not RMS. Check your scanner booklet and within it you should have a bunch of barcodes to scan that serve as programming triggers on your scanner. Jocelyn "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3203F32-B890-416A-978C-1EDC9D0E6AE7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to autom...

auto update xls document from separate file
What I want to do is have one separate xls file to use as a database, then when any changes are made to this file, have other files automatically update, without actually opening them and separatly adding the data. Is this possible? -- kaplonk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kaplonk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9283 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376235 kaplonk, No. You must open an Excel file to change it. You could have the change happen automatically when you...

Auto-refresh pivot table?
Hi. Is there a way to set up a pivot table so it will automatically update when its source data changes. It seems that by default, I need to explicitly tell it to refresh. Thanks! Ken kk_oop@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. Is there a way to set up a pivot table so it will automatically > update when its source data changes. It seems that by default, I need > to explicitly tell it to refresh. > > Thanks! > > Ken I'll answer my own question. Enter the following VBA code for the worksheet that contains the pivot table (get to the code by entering alt+F11): Private Sub W...

Auto add to distribution list by subject line
Is there a way to set up the ability to add incoming email address to a distribution list based on the subject line? I don't think natively, you would have to write your own sink or maybe buy some third party software, unfortunately I'm not aware of any of these third party solutions. James Chong MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com ftp://mail.msexchange911.net/ JP wrote: > Is there a way to set up the ability to add incoming email address to a > distribution list based on the subject line? You want a list server. Build your own: http://www.ftponline...

Auto Accept 2003- Delete Cancelled Meetings?
Is there a way to get autoaccept 2003 to actually delete cancelled meetings from the resource calendar instead of mark them as "deleted" but still leave them in the calendar, occupying free/busy. This is highly annoying! ...

SMTP Error #13
Hi can anyone tell me the meanning of this NDR and what can I do to resolve it? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 5/25/2006 12:51 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: campusgreen@comcast.net on 5/25/2006 12:52 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <esd1mxolybrg1.esd1.wa.lcl #5.5.0 smtp;521-EHLO/HELO from sender 198.239.172.114 does not map to esd1mxolybrg1.esd1.wa.lcl in DNS> Thanks Tr...

Report Formatting 08-13-07
I have "borrowed" code from an earlier question to alternate the shading for the information contained in a group header. I slightly modified the code to also alternate shade the group footer. Is there a way to keep the group header and footer info on the same page? It appears that if the header and footer info are separated, the footer info stays the correct color on the top of the next page but the header for the next group does not change to the proper color. It stays the color of the previous footer OR it is starting shading all over again on the next page. Any ideas? As...

Having trouble getting FOR XML AUTO to send to client side script in ASP.Net
I am using SQLXML3 to return me XML formatted result. All the attributes are double quoted. When I try to response.write it as an XML data island to the client side like nothing comes over to the client. Sample result from SQL server: <Customers CustomerID="ANATR"><Orders ShipName="Ana Trujillo Emparedados y helados" ShipCity="M�xico D.F."/><Orders ShipName="Ana Trujillo Emparedados y helados" ShipCity="M�xico D.F."/><Orders ShipName="Ana Trujillo Emparedados y helados" ShipCity="M�xico xml island on the c...

how do I get new/reply/reply to all/forward buttons turned on

Discussion not notifying me of replies
I've been ticking the "NOTIFY ME OF REPLIES' box on posts, but i'm not being notified. Anyone else having the same problem? anyone know a fix? thanks. Peter Depends entirely on your "host" for this newsgroup. Ask the support staff for the newsgroup-frontend server you are using. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 03/03/10 06:34, PG wrote: > I've been ticking the "NOTIFY ME OF REPLIES' box on posts, but i'm not being > notified. Anyone else having the same problem? anyone know a fix? > thanks. Peter Hi Peter, Yes,...

Automatic reply to external addresses
I have some users wanting to have an automatic reply to all messages sent to a few specific mailboxes. We have always disallowed this in the past because of the potential for mail loops. Can automatic replies to an external address even be allowed in Exchange 2007? If so, are there any safeguards against mail loops? Are there any third-party products that would keep Exchange 2007 from replying to an automatic reply? Thank you. Yes, it's a property of the Set-RemoteDomain cmdlet. In Exchange 2007 it can be made a little safer because you can allow it only to a sing...

Outlook Calendar #13
Hi, This is driving me nuts and might cost me my job. When I accept a meeting invite, the invitation is moved to the deleted items folder and the acceptence is sent to the person who invited me. What does NOT happen is my calendar being updated. Nothing appears. If I track down the original message, now in the deleted Itmes folder, it says that the meeting has been accepted and moved to my calendar. Which Calendar? Where? How do I find it? I have to drag the invite to my calendar and manually insert every time. Oh, and my reminders don't. Remind me that is. OldDog OldDog <michael...